1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Thank you, corrected.

2. Old Knife

Old Knife Not too sore, are you?

It's nemesis time!!!

3. Citizen

Citizen Well worn.

Whelp, so much for that.

"New plan; find John Constantine and ask him if he wants to help me kill a god."

4. BlueMangoAdea

BlueMangoAdea Alive. For now.

Looks like Paul is Zeus’ nemesis, after all!

5. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

To be fair, Kratos was always popping into the underworld on his latest death, beating something or someone up, then carving a bloody path out the nearest pathway back to the surface. Though the mythological Kratos wasn't much better.

At least Hades is making provisions for aliens with their own expected destinations. I suppose OL could be prevailed upon to aid them as a courier, perhaps.

...No, Metis had wisdom. Zeus just hijacked it. On the upside, it did give him a splitting headache at least once. :p

I suspect Hades might object to Zeus letting of a Thunderbolt in the halls of Erebus. He might find occasion to go and chastise Zeus, should it be disruptive enough...

Well, once OL is set on a course of action, Zaggy, there's no dissuading him.

Alas, Zagreus, OL can be pretty oblivious to veiled hints like that. This isn't a hunt you can play stalking horse on. Best to go straight for the throat...

...Except that one time with the Queen of Fables. And that doesn't count!

They might need a bit of slapping around to be encouraged to be helpful.

It's a battle of narrative imperative, really. The Sufficiently-prepared Hunter versus the Aggressive Prey.

Maybe the guests are hoping they can trade 'time served' against their eventual fate in their native afterlife?

Ah, the literal black pit of hell.

And now she goes 'Oh, no. What are you doing here?'

I suppose it makes for some sort of navigation.

Knowing Zeus, he'd probably tell her 'go back and do it properly'.

Hey, he's only trying to be helpful.

...Wrong man to ask that. Remember how he referred to Gods when he first got here?

Not that OL has any truck with that sort of silliness. Just encourages them.

Ah, the old 'But... I want to help you. Why won't you let me?' disappointment.

Indeed, he's extremely 'scrutable'. Basically two modes: Horny frat boy party king... Or vengeful god-king of 'fuck you!'

...Just... Let it go, OL. Her mind's made up, and you're not going to be able to change it that easily.

At least he made it easier for her to find her way. Pity Hades would probably not appreciate him stringing worklights or something through the halls.

Or he was feeling really petty about something that day. Who knows?

Ah, one of the Keres. Achlys, the sickness. Last seen getting briefly healed by OL, and very surprised that it was possible. Good to see he didn't leave it at that.

And for her, 'not worse' is as good as a 'feeling great!' from anyone else.

<record screech> :eek: Wait, what?

Road trip to Olympus, to kick the King of the Gods in the sack repeatedly, until he stops thinking with the Little Thunderbolt!

...Oooh, that's a loud silence. Welp, looks like the hunt for Constantine is on ice until OL can engage in a little behavioural correction with Zeus. I seriously hope it wasn't the kind of proposition I would expect of him, but we all know he can't keep it in his chiton. o_O Unless he tried to ask her to become their 'Goddess of Truth'... No wonder the Themyscirans were concerned for what OL would do when he found out.

6. Ganurath

Ganurath Apologizes For Nothing

7. MajorPane

MajorPane Getting sticky.

Eris "Is there any way that I, the good and obedient child of Zeus could convince you not to obliterate my Dad?"
    Paul "Nope."
    Eris "Cool, anyway Mom and I were thinking we'd do this old school. There's this excellent arena that was used in the original Olympics which we can restore and reinforce. Now for pay-per-view we were thinking of getting Hephaestus to handle the recording but I think I can convince Ares to provide commentary. As for profit splits..."

8. TodaBruh

TodaBruh Fiction is life's spice <( ̄︶ ̄)↗

You done fucked up Zeusy.
    Still see can't why Diana is going along with this BS.
    Maybe this is the point at which Paul becaomes the head of his own pantheon?

9. Splinterface

Splinterface Getting sticky.

Killing Zeus Arc! Killing Zeus Arc! Killing Zeus Arc!

Vorian, Alexandercctv, Ardy and 13 others like this.
  10. moralrelativity

moralrelativity Recovering pendant.

Oh, my! This is NOT going to end well. (For Zeus.)

BoML likes this.
  11. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Maybe they can try to cure him like they did last time.

Side effects can include a loss of a brain abd potentially death.

As many people have learned.

12. I_S

I_S Getting sticky.

Ah this is one of those times when Paul has quite simply forgotten that the tasks of Heracles are in fact, actually kinda hard for a mere demigod.

13. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

Gonna be honest...

This feels like Paragon is being played given her clear grudge against Zeus...

Heck, there's better then even odd's this is her working with Darkseid given one of his big moves in the comics is to take out Zeus using his fatherly love for Diana.

14. DAT_NOOB

DAT_NOOB Accused of writing in a far away land

Paul, no he doesn't think you're Zesus's nemesis. You are the hero who is angering the gods.

Diana is going along with this BS because it's Zeus the head of her pantheon.

Like I get it Zeus isn't exactly the most respectable character but he is at the level of power that he can say "What the fuck are you going to do about it!" to just about everyone and Paul doesn't even have the sword of the fallen anymore.

Like in a confrontation the only reason I'd bet on Paul is because he is the main character, but as a base standard, Zeus Xeleestomps a lantern, even an enlightened one.

15. Oglymogly

Oglymogly I trust you know where the happy button is?

Honestly, OL has a fate much worst than death for old Zeusie. He could try to cut him off from the orange light entirely. He'll live, but never feel lust again. Pretty sure that'll be a threat that'll work here.

16. Wivk

Wivk Know what you're doing yet?

She is going along with it because her personally chosen supreme being appeared to her in person and asked her nicely for a favor that is pretty important seeming and may have hidden depths that benefit her and the world in unforeseen ways.

It is kinda hard to suspect your personally chosen creator diety is making up total nonsense to distract you so he can kidnap (and possibly rape) his exwife.

17. DiceArt

DiceArt Not too sore, are you?

That's not how I read it, but I can see how you might have. I read it as Zeus tried to convince Diana to sleep with him, and when she said no he gave her this quest out of spite.

18. Flightless Man

Flightless Man Versed in the lewd.

Oh... I thought Zeus was trying to make Diana and Paul hook up to end the beef.

19. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

Nope. Zeus is a guy who first and foremost wants to sate his lust. When something denies him his wants, he gets vindictive or devious. He can't fool Diana, so he gave her a difficult quest out of spite. I wonder how the conversation between Paul and Diana about why Zeus is doing this will turn out? Hopefully it doesn't strain their relationship.

Jaron, Ardy, DAT_NOOB and 1 other person like this.
  20. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Diana is far from a mere demigod.

Ardy and Prince Charon like this.
  21. Hell's Razer

Hell's Razer Passive Member

Ah but here is the question: Can he stomp the Ophidian?
    Somehow I have my reservations about it.

Ardy, Caerwen, DiceArt and 1 other person like this.
  22. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

True. But she has yet to reach her true potential, so practically speaking, she's no different from a demigod.

23. Prince Charon

Prince Charon Just zis guy, you know?

Well, given that this is John and Paul (what about George and Ringo?), I can see them accomplishing it... fairly messily.

Vorian, Hell's Razer, Ardy and 2 others like this.
  24. FourthPear

FourthPear Frequent Flier. Muted

…I can’t tell if you are joking or not. Everything you said was true, but that is not what Zagreus is implying. It’s the opposite, he doesn’t realize OL could probably curb-stomp any of the Olympians 1v1 and is saying Zeus is going to punish him.

They’re both gonna learn today.

FeepingCreature, Jaron, Ardy and 3 others like this.
  25. DAT_NOOB

DAT_NOOB Accused of writing in a far away land

That is a closer fight... but if he didn't summon the Ophidian when heaven literally killed him I doubt he would for Zeus (Yes I know that the host blocked off the earth but if the Orange lantern corps manage to break through I'm sure the Ophidian could have managed it by herself aswell.

26. deimos16

deimos16 Paragon of Grey

Two British bros, sitting in an unending pit of darkness and strong enough to qualify as Gods, about to punch the King of the Greek Gods in the face.

27. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

I think that Paul could beat Zeus with the Ophidian, but it's not a sure thing.

During the Oceanus episode, Guy merged with Ion and fought Oceanus, but Oceanus still wasn't defeated.

It took the power if several others to beat him.

And Zeus is drawing power from the Titans, so he could at least pose a big challenge to Paul.

28. Impartial Panic

Impartial Panic I trust you know where the happy button is?

Don't kill the dumb bastard HURT him.
    Castration is an old greek tradition for removing the head of a pantheon just ask his father.

ashadowalker, Caerwen, Vorian and 4 others like this.
  29. BR549

BR549 This is filth! FILTH!!

So Zeus has chosen death.

Prince Charon and FourthPear like this.
  30. TodaBruh

TodaBruh Fiction is life's spice <( ̄︶ ̄)↗

This pay be skirting the rules, but I hate blind fate like that. Especially so with Zuzy's reputation.

Prince Charon and Ardy like this.