1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. moralrelativity

moralrelativity Recovering pendant.

I could not disagree more with your assessment. That was GLORIOUS. The lines of the song so appropriate to what was happening. And the fact that Paul didn't get directly involved was a breath of fresh air given he's usually the main action figure.

Mad props to Mr Zoat for this masterpeice.

2. Dakkan Sall

Dakkan Sall Random Encounter

Provided that the old version of his name isn't actually still valid to use, you have it several times in the chapter instead of 'Hephaestaean."

3. 0zymandias

0zymandias Making the rounds.

Lmao you've definitely not read enough myths if you think simply castrating someone is equal to Zeus level fuckery, it's really not. I mean part of the deal with Hecate was that Titans get freed which cuts off a lot of Zeus's power and Ares really isn't that powerful to begin with, like Heph dealt with him in seconds. Ares relied on Heph to make powerful weapons for him and that's not gonna happen anymore, without a strong enough weapon Heph will just turn it to rust like in this fight.

So I wonder who the new Queen is gonna be? Or is he gonna go stag or smth? Will Paul get any rewards or anything a gift for giving Heph the throne? Pavlos Ophidia, God of Avarice and Change?

4. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

That place is likely to see more attendees in the near future.

I don't think Darkseid is that interested in Earth in this story.

5. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

My bet is on Athena.

I doubt Paul would accept, at least for now.

If he becomes a god then he may be tied to Earth and could potentially lose power away from it, so he may want to still stay relatively mortal.

Maybe in the future he'd accept such a thing.

6. Rockinalice

Rockinalice Versed in the lewd.

Don't forget guys that Aphrodite is a Titan not a God she is considered an Olympian but by birth she is the child of a Primordial which would have made her a Titan that joined the Olympians and just got God in their name like Hecate.

7. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

If Zeus thought with his actual head as much as he did with his little head then he'd make Reed Richards, Dr. Doom, Azmuth, Doc Savage and a lot of other geniuses look like toddlers with an intellectual disability.

Seeing as Zeus and Hera were married when he was born; she probably never met him before this.

Well, maybe if he slept with his professors, as several people pointed out.

Though it may be good to have a war god that can control themselves.

This is perfection!

Ares, God of Incels!

I can see Heph potentially having this song played on the anniversary of his triumph.

8. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

That's not necessarily the case here.

For one thing, the Primordials and the Titans don't seem to be separate entities in this story, so she may be like the other gods.

And for the second thing, it's possible that she wasn't born from severed genitals.

In some myths she's the daughter of Zeus and Dione.

Prince Charon, Ardy, Cuchulin and 3 others like this.
  9. Sordid Snake

Sordid Snake (Verified Viper)

If he'd had a few constructs singing along it would have been a proper greek chorus for a proper greek drama.

10. LiamOfOrmonde

LiamOfOrmonde Know what you're doing yet?

God of PTSD?

11. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

No, that's correct.
    Where and why?
    No, he can complete it. But that still only makes him God of Weather, in a world where they're building weather regulators.
    Yeah... Honestly, in my original draft, him singing that to Zeus was how the fight started. It came out of nowhere, massively insulted him and he started throwing lightning. Did come out like that when I wrote it.
    Thank you, corrected.
    I'd comment, but Rule 8.
    Thank you, corrected.

12. Hell's Razer

Hell's Razer Passive Member

A correction:
    "haft"

A reminder for those who are surprised: No matter what Hephaestus is still a Greek god.

13. TodaBruh

TodaBruh Fiction is life's spice <( ̄︶ ̄)↗

Yes you can. Just because you know cats like pushing stuff off the counter does not mean you won't call your cat a bad kitty when it does it.

14. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Thank you, corrected.

15. preier

preier I trust you know where the happy button is?

Given the color used I'm rather expecting heph to pull his blow...

Only for Ares to be unconvinced as his balls have retreated so far back up that he'll need a surgeon to find them.

16. B00ki5h

B00ki5h Verified: Oddball, Lurker, and Dabbler

If you need an new war god my vote is for Enyo the Greek equivalent of Bellona.

Cuchulin likes this.
  17. Fouredged

Fouredged Experienced.

Welcome to Olympus Online, the new web portal to the Greek Gods. Here on this innovative new worship resource you can access divinity from your home computer! You can browse our resource library to discover what god can best help you in whatever problems life or death has sent you, and what offerings and rituals are best to earn their favor. Network with your fellow worshipers, or eveb the divine themselves! Access plus members can even DM their favored gods and goddesses directly (Olympus Online takes no responsibility in the event of hubrictic downfall due to spamming a god's DMs. Artemis will smite you if you send a dick pic. Aphrodite will professionally grade it and post it online with a scathing review. Don't spam her for pics ether, just sign up for her onlyfans).

Welcome all, to the new age of Greece!

- side note
    How long until our new Greek overlord frees Promethius?

Last edited: Apr 15, 2022
  18. Z3r0Sama

Z3r0Sama Not too sore, are you?

Then its your fault not the cats. You knew the cat would do that but didn't remove the items that would be pushed.

Prince Charon and Cuchulin like this.
  19. AidanMorgan

AidanMorgan Essentially Overworked

I mean, Yellow is about acting to cause fear, yeah, but that doesn't make it the color of empty threats. If you want to be properly terrifying, you don't make threats or promises, you just state facts.

20. Splinterface

Splinterface Getting sticky.

I think while maybe the other guy who said that the song ruined it was bit far, I do think he wasn’t entirely incorrect, because it does detract from the fighting, but I think more importantly, it really doesn’t add anything at all. Most of the characters don’t seem to react to it, and I think you could fairly easily just remove the song wholesale and just be better off. I didn’t hate it because I know occasionally singing is what Paul does, but I expected it to be relevant. What I honestly was one of the gods getting ticked off and ‘attacking’ (more along the lines of “shut up” exclamation pointed by a strike) Paul and him using it as justification to be involved, as the scene kinda just portrays him standing off to the side and singing.

mastermenthe, Ardy, Vorian and 3 others like this.
  21. Splinterface

Splinterface Getting sticky.

I also hope this, because like a previous person mentioned, if Heph2.0 goes through with it, it really feels like a “new boss, same as the old boss” pettiness that you can expect from the Greek Gods.

preier likes this.
  22. Tzeentch

Tzeentch I trust you know where the happy button is?

How fitting for a goddess of wisdom, prudence and deep thought. Having read the Phantom Tollbooth in my youth, I wonder if her personality might be a combination of both Rhyme and Reason.....

23. Tzeentch

Tzeentch I trust you know where the happy button is?

With the existence of both Metis encouraging Thought, Reason, Prudence, Common Sense and Hephaestaean boosting Technological development to truly supernatural levels throughout the world, I think the Reach won't know what will hit 'em!

24. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

That kinda reminds me of this.

25. Ganurath

Ganurath Apologizes For Nothing

Any bets on how many classmates Zeus will knock up in college?

26. Khornelius

Khornelius Overlord of the Underworld

(Walking towards Hephaestaean from the front door)
    Tech-Priest Khornelius 3:16: I for one rejoice for the victory of our new Omnisiah and suggest a celebration is in order.

(Turning and heading towards Olympian equivalent of a kitchen)
    My lord, I shall begin the production of oil margaritas as refreshments for all divine, demi-divine, and exalted champions that will no doubt be visiting soon.

(walking past a downed Ares, and briefly stopping)
    Tech-Priest Khornelius 3:16: Divine Lord of Eunuchs do you wish for me return with a power dildo or a augmetic cyber-dong?

27. Doc Sithicus

Doc Sithicus Not too sore, are you?

Kratos or Kratos?

Probably all the hot ones. I can see Zeus becoming the most Dude Bro/Giga Chad on campus.

ChestBurster and Prince Charon like this.
  28. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Are we including the male classmates?

Zeus is bi and Greek myths have had men carrying children instead of women.

Heck, in some myths, Zeus was the one that birthed Dionysus.

Now I can't help but imagine that future rituals involving Heph's cult will involve his priests having sex with toasters.

Ohh, and any future battles they have will involve singing.

29. The Froggy Ninja

The Froggy Ninja The Blade Will Never Die

This thought never got finished. Not sure if that's on purpose, but I was curious where he was going with that.

30. webxro

webxro Benevolent Bystander

Now think back to the people that Paul offered the position of ruler of Olympus, will they wonder would've happened if they accepted ? I meant at least from Hecate's POV he asspulled items that would've been outside of her realm of imagination.

The lesson here, one that the greeks hopefully learned is that he offers you something then he's serious.