1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Advent of the God-Harem King [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Alexander, Feb 5, 2015.

1. soul ice

soul ice Versed in the lewd.

the evil piece system emphasizes the power and value of the individual.

the brave saints are suppose to be the power of the group growing stronger as they work together..

I'm hoping our empowerment follow the principle of excellence. sow we have things like a lesser empowerment that grant greater skill growth in three areas like being favored would for an exalt for our foot solders and baseline workers. one that grants five areas for our exceptional troops or workers. the last level would get seven favored areas for those that our direct subordinates.

another interesting idea would be a version of Dragon essence domination letting the person wield epic stats and dragon knacks though with limitations compared to our own version.

2. Selias

Selias Well worn.

Blank Tarot cards. Have them shift to fit the personality of the person receiving them. They give different boosts, depending on the Arcana (the receiver's personality).

Besides, there's no reason that we would have to restrict ourselves to only one of each Arcana, is there? We're just stealing the way that the Evil Pieces boost people. Even if we are restricted, we can just add the Minor Arcana. I sincerely doubt that 78 cards would be too little.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2015
    lamashu, MHLord, UberJJK and 2 others like this.
  3. kinglugia

kinglugia A Randy Avian

So, what? Ten-Thousand Dragons 2.0?

UberJJK likes this.
  4. Stroth

Stroth Definitely not an AI

Probably going to be closer to the beastmen.

Sol Mark-1 and kinglugia like this.
  5. Alexander

Alexander That is not dead which can eternal lie

You can also use the Pieces to grant Mutations: nothing too much transhumanitarian, but there are some like Immortality that would be neat on a Mortal

TheWave, ZipLopz, noahgab1133 and 3 others like this.
  6. Alexander

Alexander That is not dead which can eternal lie

Biofan09 Provided this by PM:

Half-Casting the Cast

Eiko (In between Part 6 and 7 of the Snake Arc)

Issei groaned as turned off the water. Even after a long hot shower, most of his muscles were still sore. Mittelt was really something else, he hadn’t felt this exhausted in his training with Azazel until the twelve hour mark at least.

‘Alright,’ Issei thought, ‘I might as well get these Half-Caste rituals done while I still have essence to burn.’

[You are just afraid of going back to bed and discovering that the loli is ready for round… fifty-two wasn’t it?] Ddraig teased mercilessly.

With all the graceful tact a Prince of the Earth, Issei ignored the Dragon’s teasing. Instead, he decided tp used his telepathic connection with his familiar to tell her to meet him later.

‘Hey Eiko-’

“Yes Master?” said a voice out loud from the other side of the shower curtains.

Slowly, Issei pulled back the curtains slightly to reveal- Yep, that was Eiko. And she was sitting down on the bathroom in a seiza position, facing him.

[Well it is said that the best servants know their master’s will before the master does] Ddraig quipped.

{Indeed. She is a worthy servant for a Solar}

‘Does no one care that I’m naked here?!’ Issei internally screamed. Outwardly, he simply said “Hand me that towel over there.” That he said this with such a calm facade was a testament to how used he had become to such situations.

“Of course Master!” Eiko cheerfully said as she handed him the towel. “Will that be all?”

“Actually, no.” Issei said while he wrapped his lower body with the towel. He then pulled back the shower curtain fully and stepped out. “I called because I wanted to make you the same offer I gave Mittelt.”

Eiko tilted her head. “You speak of the procedure that will let me use the same energy as you, no?”

“Basically, yes” Issei explained “But it will also involve aligning yourself with my powers, in turn aligning you more with the Unconquered Sun. I don’t think it should stop you from worshipping Amaterasu, but…”

“It’s alright Master.” Eiko interrupted. “Amaterasu-sama holds my deepest respect, but you are my Master first and foremost. Eiko will do whatever it is you deem fit.”

{You found yourself a loyal one, worm.}

Hai, hai’ Issei thought. He then coughed a bit into his free hand before speaking in a dramatic tone. “Very well then, Eiko. Are you prepared to accept the blessing of Ignis Divine, greatest and most high of the Incarna and partake in a fragment of the power of one of his chosen Exalts?”

Eiko bowed her head in what seemed to Issei to be respect, but it may also be to hide any laughter that his HAMMINESS may have caused. Her neutral tone of voice as she spoke made it hard to tell. “As my Master wishes, so shall it be”.

Summoning Boosted Gear, Issei put his hand on her head as if he was a priest giving her a blessing. Which he was in a sense.

And then there was light.

As it faded away, Issei realised he had just carried out what was probably a highly sacred ritual half naked. And now he would have to carry his unconscious familiar to one of the bedrooms while only wearing a bath towel.

‘She planned this didn’t she?’

His only answer was Ddraig snickering.

3 hours later.

Issei was doing his homework while he waited for his familiar to wake up. He was way too tired to train anyway, but he wanted to be there when she woke up to ensure there weren’t any unforeseen side effects.

Eiko finally stirred awake where she lay in a nearby bed.

“Master? Why… why does everything look… different?” Eiko asked, confused.

‘Ah, that’s right. I never used Prominence on her before, so she has never experienced Essence’ Issei thought, then spoke “You can now perceive Essence, Eiko. It’s normal to feel a little overwhelmed at first, but make sure to never lose your sense of self. Anyway, do you feel any different?”

Eiko blinked a few times before she regained her usual noble demeanour. “Yes… like I could do things much better now than before, just by willing it”

“That’s basically what using Essence is about. Just do what comes naturedly in any task and you should see better results in no time” Issei explained.

With a curious expression on her face, Eiko extended her wings. Her expression turned into a cute pout of disappointment when she only saw the same black wings she had always had.

“I guess my exaltation found no flaws to improve in your wings?” Isse said while he scratched the back of his head.

His efforts to cheer her up where rewarded with a smile. “Why thank you Master! This humble servant is pleased by your compliments. Now if you will excuse me, Eiko feels the need to test her new abilities”.

And just like that the winged girl transformed into a raven and flew out the window into the night.

‘That girl is way too much, I swear.’ Issei thought. ‘Whatever, I need some sleep.’

Shougo Kitsukawa (In between Part 6 and 7 of the Snake Arc)

In the privacy an abandoned were house, two handsome young men were demonstrating their fiery passion in a dance of flesh and bone as old as humanity itself. Both were hot and sweaty but neither would back down until the other collapsed first. So their bodies clashed again and again as they both sought dominance in this primal struggle.

Homoerotic descriptions aside, Shougo and Issei were doing their best to beat the shit out of each other. Or at least, Shougo was. Even without activating any charms, Issei was simply too superior in every way to be challenged. Still, it was good training in learning how to hold back against weaker opponents.

Really, Issei was impressed by Shougo’s growth. It had only been a couple days since they met, but already he had improved at a rate far beyond what Issei would have thought possible for a mortal. His moves were a little faster, his hits a little harder, and his dodges a little smoother.

Despite that, a mortal was still a mortal. And a Solar was still a Solar. The only hits that landed on Issei were the ones the he let hit, and putting any effort into his offence resulted in Shougo receiving a blow that would have been enough to stop the fight if Issei was facing anyone other than a berserker.

Seeing that his opponent could barely stand anymore, Isse decided to end the fight. One devastating punch to the gut latter and Shougo was down on the ground and unable to get up.

“Well, you certainly kept up for longer than any regular and untrained human had any right to,” Issei panted “but if you really think that you will be able to keep up with opponents like me as you are with only your natural talents to lead you, then you are going to die. Getting killed in one hit isn’t what I would call a fun fight, is it?”

Shougo just lay on the ground for a few moments, struggling to regain his breath. After a while he responded. “And this thing you want to do to me, it will let me keep up with people as strong like you?”

Issei nodded. “It won’t so much power you up as blow open all of your normal limits. A normal street thug will never be able to give you a good fight, but they were never able to in the first place right?”

“…Do it then.”

Issei nodded again before looking around with a dissatisfied look on his face. He then launched a small fireball at the roof, creating an opening for a ray of sunlight to stream directly on them.

Sense of theatrics now satisfied, Issei used started speaking. “Shougo Kitsukawa, this is your last chance to turn away and live a normal life. Are you prepared to accept a tiny part of the awesome might of a Chosen of the Sun?”

Issei extended his hand toward Shougo as if to help him up, Boosted Gear materialising.

Without hesitating for a second, Shougo reached out and grabbed the offered hand. Once more there was light.

Aw… crap. Issei thought as the light died down. ‘I forgot to ask him where he lived. Now I’m stuck waiting for him to wake up in about two hours. Oh well, I’ll just take the chance to explain to him what Essence actually is when he wakes up.’

Asia Argento (Right at the end of Part 17 of the Ryōzanpaku Arc)

Issei collapsed in his bed, exhausted. Training for 3 days straight with no breaks tired even his exalted stamina, and combined with the various mental stresses meant that he needed to rest. Badly.

However, just as he was about to drift off into sleep he felt someone lay on his bed and cuddle next to him. Opening an eye a crack to identify the perpetrator, he wasn’t even mildly surprised to see Asia’s golden locks. She was pressing her head to his chest while an arm wrapped around his waist.

Smiling softly towards one of his lovers, Issei said “If you wanted some cuddle time all you do is ask Asia.”

Asia looked up at him and smiled back “I know. I wanted to give you a nice surprise for once.” The she frowned “And for you to tell me what is bothering you.”

“…That obvious, huh?”

[We women are very intuitive when it comes to the emotions of our lovers] Elsha said in your mind [I advice you not to lie either].

“Pretty much. We could all tell, I just won the rock-paper-scissors contest to be the one to comfort you this time” Asia continued staring into his eyes.

Issie hesitated. ‘Should I tell her? My problems are my own, and a Harem King’s role is to shoulder the burdens of the women he loves, not add to them with his own.’

These thoughts weren’t really aimed at anyone, more to himself. Still, he wasn’t surprised when one of the many voices in his head spoke up. What he was surprised by was that it was one he didn’t recognize.

[That’s the wrong way to think of it, kohai] this voice sounded like a male about his age [It isn’t so much a question of you taking all of their problems onto yourself, as whether you trust them.]

‘Of course I trust them, but what does that have to do with anything?’

[Everything. Trust is a two way street in any relationship, more so in a poly amorous one like this one. Wouldn’t you want to know what troubles them so you could comfort them? They feel the same way. Remember how Rias helped you when you confessed to her your troubles deciding what you wanted to be? You may be so much more than a wielder of Boosted Gear now, but you still can’t take on everything alone.]

Issei blinked. He had known this from all the anime he had watched on an intellectual level, but he hadn’t realized he was doing it unconsciously.

[Don’t treat them like harems of old, women to be cloistered and hidden away from the world, used only as status symbols. Trust in them being able to handle everything that troubles you, so that they will be able to help you in turn. Treat them like lovers. That, kohai, is what it means to be a Harem King.]

Issei could do nothing but listen to his sempai’s wise words.

“Issei, are you alright?” Asia asked. Issei had been staring off into space for a while after all.

“Huh? Oh, sorry Asia. One of the voices in my head was pointing out how much of an idiot I am from hiding this from you girls” Issei chuckled a bit before he went silent for a few seconds, gathering his thoughts. Asia waited patiently.

When he finally spoke again Issei said “During the mission, there was a situation…” Issei hesitated again, but Asia hugged him tighter as a way to encourage him to keep going.

“I was fighting a pretty nasty Youkai, but then something went wrong with Boosted Gear. There were innocent lives depending on me to save them, and I fought with everything I had. But in the end I… But I…” Voice almost trembling, Issei wrapped his own arm around Asia. “I failed them Asia. If one of the victims hadn’t awakened her Sacred Gear in time and Boosted Gear coming back at the last second, they would have died. What if something like that happens again Asia? What if I lose one of you because I wasn’t strong enough? I wouldn’t- I can’t-“

Seeing that Issei had started blathering Asia interrupted him with a kiss. When Issei got over the surprise and started kissing back, the kiss turned heated and possessive, almost desperate. Things would have escalated there if Asia hadn’t broken it off and spoken, after all the discussion wasn’t over.

“Oh Issei, stop being silly” Asia brought her arm up and started stroking his cheek “You will save us, no matter the circumstance. You haven’t seen yourself, when fighting for one of us. Even without your Anima, you glow with majestic determination. With and without Boosted Gear, with and without your exaltation, I truly believe you would find a way to save us. And whether the enemy be a fallen angel, a youkai, or a god, you will find a way to succeed.”

Issei had nothing to say in the face of such a wholehearted show of faith, and could only stare at Asia in shock. Then he smiled and summoned Boosted Gear. Better sooner than later, he thought.

“Asia Argento, know that your words mean the world to me. In return, all I can offer is but a paltry payment: Gift of Radiant Destiny. Will you accept this unworthy gift?”

Asia only stared at him until she realised what he was referring to, then giggled a bit before nodding with a huge smile on her face.

“Then let it be done.” Issei said with an equally huge smile on his face, before giving her a peck on the lips.

When the light faded away, Issei settled in to sleep while cuddling Asia. Their dreams were long and peaceful, as shown with the smiles on their sleeping visages.

Inside Issei’s overcrowded soul

“Alright, out with it.” Belzard asked the young man who had spoken up earlier. “How is it that someone who acts so stupidly and gets beaten up by the few females around so much say such wise words?”

“Simple,” the young man calmly said “I’m a masochist.”

Ruby Rose (Sometime in Part 1 of Extra Arc: Stray Devils and...Shinobi?)

Ruby was a bit confused as she climbed the steps to certain rooftop. Issei-sensei had sent her a text to meet him in the roof where they first met at dawn, and to take the stairs instead of just using her Sacred Gear to jump up there.

‘Has it really been less than a month since I saw Issei-san practice on this rooftop?’ She thought ‘So much has change it seems like forever’

Finally reaching the top, the exited girl open the door that led into the roof only to be met by quite a sight.
    Issei was standing on top of a parapet, with the rising sun on his back. Boosted Gear was presen in his arm, and his Anima only made him appear more majestic.

“Ruby Rose! Otherwise known as Kougyoku Mizoguchi! You have trained long and hard to earn the title Hero of Justice! Are you ready to take the next step by partaking on the power that the Unconquered Sun gives his Chosen?!” Issei said in a booming voice before jumping down to her level and raising his armored fist towards her, already knowing the answer.

“Yes!” Ruby all but shouted, running over to him and bumping his fist.

And then there was light.

And Ruby was out like a light.

Yang Xiao Long (Sometime in Part 1 of Extra Arc: Stray Devils and...Shinobi?)

“Well, that was dramatic” Yang said from where she was leaning on the doorway.

“Yeah...” Issei said from where he was standing, having caught Ruby and now leaning her against a wall. “I thought she would appreciate it”

Yang started walking towards him then, with a seductive sway in her step. “Well, considering how excited she became I’d say you were right”.

Then she got in front of him. “By the way, I accept too.” she said, then started kissing the daylights out of him.

For a second time that day the roof was bathed in light.

‘Oh crap’ Issei thought as he laid down Yang beside her sister ‘Unlike me they aren’t suspended, I have to get them to school on time!’

It was a good thing Issei knew Fallen Angel Teleportation, otherwise he would have had to carry them to school in his dragon form. And he really didn’t need to give Sona more stuff to deal with right now, since a dragon flying in broad daylight would have brought all kinds of attention.

7. Biofan09

Biofan09 The Archivist at The End

... I kinda wanted to edit that before posting it :p
    (Middle of finals now, so wasn't going to get a chance for a few weeks).

3 hours later edit (I had 2 back to back exams): Btw alex, is it worth any xp? Even if it currently reads like crap.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2015
    TheWave, ZipLopz, noahgab1133 and 5 others like this.
  8. BlackThief12

BlackThief12 Nihon no Kokujin Dorobō

You, I just realized, the Youkai that Issei mentioned is probably a boss from Bulletstorm right?

9. thelurker

thelurker Experienced.

pfeh, you worry to much. it was fine

10. Least Devotee

Least Devotee Experienced.

Considering Alex explicitly said that's what it was based on from what I recall I'd imagine so.

Sol Mark-1 likes this.
  11. ragoogar

ragoogar Versed in the lewd.

Did you know that I was half expecting Yang to be saying that while under the throes of an orgasm? Probably would have made for one of the best sex Yang ever had.

12. Diller

Diller Versed in the lewd.

That explains a bit now that I think about it.

13. nightblade

nightblade Gone for Good

Where was that said?

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  14. Selias

Selias Well worn.

A few posts above yours, in the omake that Alexander posted.

15. ShadowAngelBeta

ShadowAngelBeta Well worn.

Okay, this is a really interesting idea.

I mainly like this because its something already inside the Quest and thus makes it less work for Alex (hopefully) while not having to be something that needs a lot of adaptation to fit into it either.

There was another idea about how this would ultimately be an artifact made of/from/by Solar Essence and thus should reflect a striving for Excellence/Perfection.

Taking these together... I like the idea. What one needs to remember about our followers is that mortals run off of Specialty dots instead of General Dots like we do. (They get specialties before general dots).

The artifacts should revolve around imitating an Exaltation (which even as an imitation are trying to imitate a mother-fucking Exaltation, so they're bullshit. Just not as much bullshit.)

Thus I think they should focus on allowing people to get general dots, having caste and favored abilities, getting Excellencies, and considering the world we're in... probably Epic Attributes. Or Abilities come to think of it.

Stepping back and looking at it, bringing something like the Servant Class system (which I favored), Arcana, or the Zodiac seems like it could be messy to make it fit.

The main problem I have is I don't know what the arrangement for the Ability/Caste system for the Sidereals looks like, how their Excellency functions (being Solar forged they might just use ours anyway), or their Charms. Which they wouldn't actually be able to use, and probably shouldn't with how they need the Loom and all, but why not try imitating some. If only to pay homage to the Maidens beyond Image and Ability/Caste arrangement.

16. Kerfirou

Kerfirou Cultivating Dantian inside a Star

Like I said, we should just use Go pieces. Much more simple.:D

Although the other ideas are really cool.

The main problem for using games, the strategical board games (chess, shogi, etc) has been represented by Evil Pieces, while card games has been represented by Brave Saints.

......We can use Arimaa if we want to consider that we make it using Evil Pieces system.

Least Devotee likes this.
  17. Introspective Tinkerer

Introspective Tinkerer Searching for their Answer

18. Kerfirou

Kerfirou Cultivating Dantian inside a Star

hey, it just occur to me.

Mittelt is also in our house right now, yes? And her wing is gold?

I wonder what will be our exorcist reaction when they saw her with GOLDEN wings.

Can Mittelt fake being a non-fallen angel? Granted, she is GLORIOUS Solar Angel now....

And I shouldn't type after drinking some ale. Thy correction is making me taking twice as long as it should be.

19. the DragonBard

the DragonBard Creator of Worlds

Actually, Issei might use the Type-Moon universe for ideas to create Artifacts based on Noble Phantasms

Gae Bulg would simply be an Artifact Spear that grants a Perfect Attack, Undodgeable, and Unblockable.
    Avalon would be one that increases healing, and grants a Perfect Defense (Parry, and then a scene long dodge.)
    Excalibur would be obvious.

20. Introspective Tinkerer

Introspective Tinkerer Searching for their Answer

21. BlackThief12

Gay Bulge.(Can't resist the temptation of it)

22. ragoogar

I got that reference! Or rather, I remember a fic with that exact reference. Man with Blue tights, chasing after a schoolboy, wielding his "Gay Bulge".

ryuan likes this.
  23. BlackThief12

24. Happerry

Happerry The Song to the Flame

I think this idea looks neat too! It has my vote.

25. Bloodshifter

Bloodshifter The Bio-Armor Lover

*Issei begins working*

*notices a note on his workspace*

It reads.
    Dear Mr. Hyoudou it has recently come to our attention that you have begin to infringe on a Celestial Patent as a member race of Creation we have decided to give you one warning before violently removing your existence from the local loom. If we are speaking to the Solar known as Bright Shattered Ice.
    Please forgive us and not turn our insides into Jade, that wasn't pleasant the last time we tried stopping you from copying a Celestial Patent it hasn't changed since.

26. Sol Mark-1

Sol Mark-1 Experienced.

Alexander it is good to have you back here in QQ.

TheWave, ZipLopz, kinglugia and 3 others like this.
  27. the DragonBard

the DragonBard Creator of Worlds

Why not ones for all the Incarnae, rather than just the Maidens?

Also, what would each even do?
    Warrior boost Dawn Caste skills is probable, but not sure about the rest.

28. Silversun17

Silversun17 Connoisseur.

warrior would go to leaders and fighters
    Shadow to those who work in the shadows
    Traveler is for those suited to be explorers and messengers
    Lover shards for healers and diplomats
    Void shards would be the bishop equivalents since none of the others fill that role.

29. ShadowAngelBeta

ShadowAngelBeta Well worn.

Well, we are a Solar and can make Half-Caste Solars at will pretty much. Not sure about the Lunars, but presumably our Mate will be showing up at some point.

Also, again, what are the Sidereal Ability/Caste tracks? Or their Excellency. Trying to figure out how much of what we should try to emulate. Because we really should be trying to emulate more than their image and a name if we're doing this.

30. ragoogar

Ah.. You see, I can see a problem with that...

"Issei kun?"

"Yes Mittelt?"

"Why is Asia the only one with a Lover Shard?"

"Are you unsatisfied with your Warrior?"

"Well... no. But still, out of all of us, she's the only one who has Lover as a Title!"

"Yeah!" "I wanna be called a Lover too!" "Not fair" Issei's other harem members protested, all while Asia is humming in the background in her own little world while preparing dinner.