1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

General World of Darkness Discussion Thread QQ Edition

Discussion in 'General' started by Maragas, Apr 7, 2021.

1. Imabot

Imabot Connoisseur.

I'm alone in thinking that Big D family might be expies of Chaos Gods?

tem345 and Repentant_Dragos like this.
  2. tem345

tem345 Not too sore, are you?

not really. None of them are that extreme for blood, knowledge, pleasure or stagnancy.

3. R.A.G.

R.A.G. Well worn.

I think he might be that one meme Maurader/Hunter build?

Which works out to letting him be able to kill things Hunters shouldn't be able to touch.

Ragura and tem345 like this.
  4. Sydonai

Sydonai Versed in the lewd.

IIRC there were 13th and 14th Gens around in Carthage( and supposedly Enoch) and there are 5th Gens that have been around for less than a century( maybe as little as a decade?).

Ragura and tem345 like this.
  5. shadowdice

shadowdice Connoisseur.

with the 5th gen thing, 4th gens are still around and make progeny for a plan/frenzy and sometimes either have humanity or get a twinge of regret

Sydonai and tem345 like this.
  6. rx915

rx915 Experienced.

Say as ghouls aren't as changed could they start families?

7. Kalem_Lee

Kalem_Lee Well worn.

Neat. A WoD on QQ.

tem345, Imabot and Repentant_Dragos like this.
  8. shadowdice

shadowdice Connoisseur.

If they have vitae in them that tends to cause birth defects/death especially if the ghoul is a woman

being fertile is a Flaw in some books due to that making it so vampires who are involved in experimentation decide that is a good test subject

Giovanni are weird and likely have death magic involved/tend to wait until after someone has had kids to ghoul

otherwise you get revenant families which have a whole boatload of problems starting out with prolonged maturation before the whole personal curses and such get involved

so yes but rare and has issues

tem345, Repentant_Dragos and rx915 like this.
  9. Nervaqus987

Nervaqus987 Well worn.

Yes, and nothing good or wholesome follows.

In the short term, you likely end up with a child with any number of birth defects and/or psychosis born to someone who almost by definition in an emotionally abusive relationship that they care about far more than anything else.

In the long term, if you get enough Ghouls having children, Ghoul the Children, and repeat for several generations, you end up with Revenants. Natural born Ghouls that produce their own vitae and tend to be fucked up by both nature and nurture.

You can mostly thank Tzimisce for those being a thing, though I honestly wouldn't be surprised to find out the Camarilla has some Revenants.

I think there's also something like that in Requiem, though I'm less familiar with that lore and tend to get it mixed up with Masquerade.

tem345, Repentant_Dragos and rx915 like this.
  10. shadowdice

shadowdice Connoisseur.

The Ducheski are former Tzimisice revenants who jumped ship over to the Tremere and work for the Camarilla

Assamites made their own group

There is a Ventrue who has her own private family that she "Gifts" to others but is not officially camarilla, might have been part of a Lilith meta plot or something

Netchurch has had a longterm experiment to make his own which recently bore fruit (v20)

Giovanni, to no one's surprise, has their own in the Rossellini and probably others

11. Nervaqus987

Nervaqus987 Well worn.

I'm gonna be honest, there's a part of me that would expect a Camarilla and/or Venture Revenant family to be like the vampire equivalent of horse trading that old rich Europeans used to get up to, with meticulous attention paid to breeding and bloodline.

Only with Ghouls instead of horses and holy fuck levels of crazy instead of the usual level crazy involved in that.

12. gereh

gereh I trust you know where the happy button is?

Holy shit, that would make a lot of sense, if you take into account that different Revenant have access to different disciplines and different weakness, you could probably try to breed the perfect servant. And as they can't just simply "fix" any genetic problem that come from the amount of incest, that is probably needed, they would have to be a lot more careful who to "bred" with whom.

Rakdos92, tem345 and Repentant_Dragos like this.
  13. shadowdice

shadowdice Connoisseur.

Requiem did that with their revenant equivalents (I forget if they were outright called that)

which resulted in the revenant equivalent of pit bull fighting rings

complete with the genetic defects you would expect

14. Nervaqus987

Nervaqus987 Well worn.

Yeah, that sounds about right.

If there's one thing to count on, it's vampires being terrible.

Imabot and Repentant_Dragos like this.
  15. shadowdice

shadowdice Connoisseur.

World of Darkness, everyone is terrible.

My Players: Why are the werewolves so shitty

Me; *looks at tagline* Is that a real question?

16. Imabot

Imabot Connoisseur.

What was that tagline?

"Captain Planet for Furries"?;)

17. Repentant_Dragos

Repentant_Dragos Versed in the lewd.

Honestly, I despise the misanthropic element in Werewolf the Apocalypse.

Werewolf the Forsaken 2e at least removed that.

tem345 and Imabot like this.
  18. shadowdice

shadowdice Connoisseur.

The tagline is: Want to fuck actual animals

I will never let go of how white wolf did that

19. rx915

rx915 Experienced.

That's so errrr.... I'd say kind of degenerate or some comment on the habits of the rich old bloods repeating their habits where they continue all those kinds of things but with ghouls not just with human ghouls but animal ghouls for entertainment purposes and betting.

So maybe there's an underground eldritch place set up for ghouled spectral monstrous horses or even ghouls being used in gladiatorial tournaments or bred specimens used for their idea of a fox hunt.

Ragura, Imabot and tem345 like this.
  20. shadowdice

shadowdice Connoisseur.

So a thing

VTM is releasing Swansong in like 2 Weeks

we have still seen barely any in game scenes that don’t look janky

tem345 likes this.
  21. R.A.G.

R.A.G. Well worn.

Unexpected pokemon cross with a roided up Llama/were that managed to diablerize a tzimisce?

Ragura and rx915 like this.
  22. Sinnerlust

Sinnerlust The bastard

So weird thought, but I was thinking of doing a WOD storyline rpg. And I was wondering how would you go about playing as a fomori? Is that actually covered as something that can be done.

tem345 and Necrorifter like this.
  23. shadowdice

shadowdice Connoisseur.

by rpg do you mean tabletop or something else

with Formori, there are a few ways to go about that

You are possessed, you might not know that you are being manipulated by the bane spirit. You might be a guy who has been drinking Pentex products, using their makeup, or playing their video games so long and had one of their banes fill up the hole in your heart. The desire to be pretty, to have energy, to win at something you've been working for all this time but never been able to succeed at.

Unless you have full control or Pentex is being far more open with you than they probably are for most, you have no fucking idea what is going on. One day you were taking a protein shake before practice and now you've killed Kevin by smashing him through the goal post and are vomiting all over the ground, not just because you killed a guy, but because you can see his cracked open skull and want to take a bite out of it because you are so ridiculously hungry and there is this urge to bite in while everyone is screaming in terror.

You think that maybe you are some kind of mutant, you've seen it in the comic books. There have to be others like you out there, so all you need to do is find them right? But you have no idea how to do that. One day you see a bunch of black vans in town and you know THEY are on to you. But for some reason, the guy in a suit can just talk you into sitting in there about how they know everything that's going on, how they can help you, and next thing you know, you are carrying a fuckoff huge gun that fires silver stakes in the amazon rain forest while werewolves try to rip your face off.

And it feels good.

Another thing is that there is the perk for having True Symbiosis, where you have an actual working relationship with your Bane instead of just being corrupted into a raving maniac once you are broken down completely and turned into a freakish amalgamation of limbs, tentacle penises, and spikes.

edit

it is also perfectly possible for a Formori to be missed by Pentex/werewolves and get involved in the other parts of the supernatural since nobody knows all the shit that is going on

24. Sydonai

Sydonai Versed in the lewd.

Sinnerlust likes this.
  25. Sinnerlust

Sinnerlust The bastard

Thanks for the information. We are thinking of doing a RP game on QQ we might use tabletop rules or go freeform but I was curious on formori and how that might work it off the top of my head made me think of devilman.
    Thanks I'll look into it.

tem345, Ragura and Necrorifter like this.
  26. rx915

rx915 Experienced.

Sure knock yourself out.

tem345 likes this.
  27. Ragura

Ragura Versed in the lewd.

Pokemon works better for Mage or Genius: The Transgression - or weres chasing spirits and having spirit battles in the Umbra.

The Cyber Realm and the gradual awakening of the Machine would also make for a good Digimon cross

28. Repentant_Dragos

Repentant_Dragos Versed in the lewd.

29. tem345

tem345 Not too sore, are you?

newest ep up. Door being the team carrier.

30. shadowdice

shadowdice Connoisseur.

I feel like there will be buff Nosferatu memes

R.A.G., tem345 and Ragura like this.