1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Advent of the God-Harem King [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Alexander, Feb 5, 2015.

1. Zrayz10

Zrayz10 Not too sore, are you?

[x] Stay Silent
    -[x] Interfere only if things are about to come to blows
    --[x] Though a part of you desires to put a stop to this and protect your friends' honor, another stronger part also recognizes that if Xenovia's words are any indication, as far as the three factions are concerned this is still very much Rias' territory. As such jumping in here may very well serve to only aggrevate an already testy situation and undermine her authority, and you care too much about her to intentionally do that. That mess with Riser you could at least justify with him having thrown the first blow. Still justifications for past deeds aside, you keep your senses sharp and prepare yourself to step in should things look like they are about to come to blows.

kinglugia and Sol Mark-1 like this.
  2. touhou ranfuku

touhou ranfuku Versed in the lewd.

Somewhere.

3. Deathwings

Deathwings Questionable French Guy

I think that's suppose to be "wall".

4. Silversun17

Silversun17 Connoisseur.

[x] Stay Silent
    --[X] Issei let out a slow breath before interrupting. "Rias, I believe your life may be in danger from this situation." When the eyes of the room turned to him he continued. "I think Kokabel plans to assassinate you and Sona using the Excalibur shards in order to restart the Great War." A heavy cloud bank passes in front of the sun, leaving the room in shadow. "Your deaths would be a rallying cry for every warmonger and malcontent in hell and while your brother would maintain the presence of mind to not insult your memory by supporting a new war Lady Leviathan loves her sister so much that her grief could be exploited into making her a legitimatizing figurehead while she morns Sona." Rias's hands and jaw clenched, her knuckles turning white. "Hardliners among the forces of the church and heaven would also begin pushing for war against the fallen using the excuse that the war would be to punish those that attempted to frame them for your murder." Irina's face paled slightly while Xenovia grimaced and refused to meet Irina's eyes when her friend turned to the Italian girl. "Hell would either launch an attack on the other factions or be sent into a new civil war, Heaven and the Gregori would enter a new war against one another and render themselves vulnerable to who ever came out on top in Hell." The Solar's eyes meet with Rias's, Issei's worry for his red haired lover shining clearly in the dragon's gaze. "Rias, I ask for your blessing in acting as your representative and champion in this matter as I work to to avert this possible war."

Last edited: Dec 23, 2015
  5. BlackThief12

BlackThief12 Nihon no Kokujin Dorobō

[x] Stay Silent

6. John At Dawn

John At Dawn Seeker of Answers

7. Diller

Diller Versed in the lewd.

[x] Stay Silent

8. Coker

Coker Know what you're doing yet?

Nah she remembered the purpose of doors is to enter an exit buildings she just forgot you have to open them. (I'm not the author so I could be wrong but that's how I took it.)

9. Alexander

Alexander That is not dead which can eternal lie

This. And first you choose "Stay silent" and then speak?

TheWave, kuradora, TmDagger and 7 others like this.
  10. Zrayz10

I agree there's a thin line between Exalted Solar Bullshit and skipping ahead to the cliff notes to cheat. Given our attribute scores and what's been presented so far in the story being able to guess that much based on what our in-universe self knows would just be plain 4th degree inter-dimensional warp fuckery as a certain Man Emperor of Mankind would say. No offense Silversun17

Last edited: Dec 23, 2015
  11. Deathwings

Deathwings Questionable French Guy

Your text is the wrong color. It make it super hard to read it on the dark background.

12. Stroth

Stroth Definitely not an AI

and completely impossible to read when quoted.

13. Zrayz10

Sorry for some reason the background color function won't work when i try to use it. I'm just gonna go with Gold color text to keep it legible, plus it's still keeping with the whole solar theme :)

14. Raising Kittens

Raising Kittens Versed in the lewd.

[X] Call Azazel

Rails? What rails?

...Maybe we should excuse ourself from the room before calling him, though.

TheWave, TmDagger, ZipLopz and 5 others like this.
  15. Stroth

Also, just as a reminder to people because it's been a very long time since it came up: Issei is Rias' bodyguard. And should probably act as such.

So, yeah. Keep that bandwagon rolling.

UberJJK likes this.
  16. cross_grave

cross_grave Belligerent Spitire

Alright, I've got to say this. I am not the best diplomat and I'm not sure what should be said here. But staying silent all but guarantees this is likely to go badly. Issei is good at talking to people, let's make some frigging use of that. We're the intermediary here, it's our bloody job to ensure this remains a productive discussion, not a pointless argument.

17. soul ice

soul ice Versed in the lewd.

[X] Interfere
    -[X] "I can guess at any number of reasons for those orders from not wanting to risk us helping to isolating the Church from the fallout but the sad fact is that we are probably already involved."

Issei gestured to Rias, "At least two of us are guarantied high value targets and I'm not sure where exactly I fall in the scheme of things but with my recent activities and the people I've made contact with I would not be surprised if I am on the list of targets as well."

"Kobakiel may be a warmonger but he is also a war leader and supposedly the being who taught humanity divination if he went silent here when he was loud before then it is probably to advance his goal, likely to make you think he is being given sanctuary by the Devils for removing a number of dangerous weapons from play as well as preventing you from getting local support making you easier to ambush."

"even worse both of you have Excaliburs to counter the stolen ones but if a member of a peerage is killed and no one knows where you were it would be easy for the blame to be shifted even if it was not you but Kobakiel's group. No there are just to many ways to exploit us not working with each other."

18. Stroth

No, it's our job to set up a meeting. That's all. I like Irina and Xenovia, but Issei works for, and is in love with, Rias. And they just came into Rias' territory, blatantly insulted her and then ordered her to not do anything while they go and do whatever they want in her territory.

Rias would be well within her rights to have them knocked out and dumped at the edge of town with a warning to never come back.

kuradora, TmDagger, UberJJK and 2 others like this.
  19. Least Devotee

Least Devotee Experienced.

[x] Stay Silent

20. Zeromaru2

Zeromaru2 Versed in the lewd.

[x] Stay Silent
    --[x] Though a part of you desires to put a stop to this and protect your friends' honor, another stronger part also recognizes that if Xenovia's words are any indication, as far as the three factions are concerned this is still very much Rias' territory. As such jumping in here may very well serve to only aggrevate an already testy situation and undermine her authority, and you care too much about her to intentionally do that. That mess with Riser you could at least justify with him having thrown the first blow. Still justifications for past deeds aside, you keep your senses sharp and prepare yourself to step in should things look like they are about to come to blows

21. Undying Litch-King

Undying Litch-King Not too sore, are you?

[X] - Interfere
    -[X] - "Um, guys? Am I the only one thinking that that's exactly what Kokabiel wants? I mean, he came here to what the Bible Factions consider "Devil Territory", leaving a nice big trail of dead bodies to show the way, and then just suddenly stops? It's pretty obvious he's trying to make it seem like he's working with the Gremorys or the Sitris, don't you think? Plus, we already know the guy is a warmonger, so if something happens to you guys and he gets your Excaliburs too, or even worse he manages to kill Rias or Souna frame the Church for it, than he could wind up restarting the Great War. Don't forget he's the guy that basically invented Divination, and Precogs are manipulative by default."
    --[X] "Rias, I seriously suggest that we contact your brother and Lady Leviathan, and possibly Azazel-sensei, and inform them of these events, just so that they know what's really happening in case the worst comes to pass.

ooc: a bit meta, but I tried to keep it to what Issei would already know/be able to figure out for himself based on the last chapter. Possibly with some help from Bright, Ddraig and the Sempai-tachi

22. Zrayz10

I believe it's the term intermediary that's causing the confusion here.

We are in fact NOT being used as a mediator. Rather as was pointed out we were being used to set up an introduction. A random exorcist walking up to a devil and going "Hi I wanna talk!" while wielding a holy sword is just gonna meet suspicion if not outright hostility. Issei was simply being used to introduce them so Rias would here them out. Unfortunately Xenovia has no tact whatsoever.

As for the issue of us being a bodyguard it's true. HOWEVER a bodyguard's primary concern is to simply watch over their employer and ensure they are safe, NOT to bud into their business unless absolutely necessary.

TheWave, kuradora, TmDagger and 5 others like this.
  23. yrsillar

yrsillar Dapper Cthulhu

[x] Stay Silent

24. MHLord

MHLord Why hello there.

[X] Call Azazel

25. Sol Mark-1

Sol Mark-1 Experienced.

A Were-poodle come here dogi-- (gets mauled).

[x] Stay Silent
    --[x] Though a part of you desires to put a stop to this and protect your friends' honor, another stronger part also recognizes that if Xenovia's words are any indication, as far as the three factions are concerned this is still very much Rias' territory. As such jumping in here may very well serve to only aggrevate an already testy situation and undermine her authority, and you care too much about her to intentionally do that. That mess with Riser you could at least justify with him having thrown the first blow. Still justifications for past deeds aside, you keep your senses sharp and prepare yourself to step in should things look like they are about to come to blows.

26. Bdragon

Bdragon Not too sore, are you?

[X] Call Azazel

27. thelurker

thelurker Experienced.

I would like to point out that they ask no DEVILS interfere. TECHNICALLY, we have free reign to hunt this guy down and shove our fist up his ass.

TheWave, TmDagger, ZipLopz and 8 others like this.
  28. Stroth

Or just call Azazel and drop a Grigori hit-squad on him.

TheWave, TmDagger, ZipLopz and 7 others like this.
  29. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

As others have already said: no, it is not our job. It's Rias's job. We can't keep stealing the spotlight from her and making her look useless or she's going to wind up resenting us.

TheWave, kuradora, TmDagger and 6 others like this.
  30. kinglugia

kinglugia A Randy Avian

[X] Stay Silent
    -[X] Interfere only if things are about to come to blows
    --[X] Though a part of you desires to put a stop to this and protect your friends' honor, another stronger part also recognizes that if Xenovia's words are any indication, as far as the three factions are concerned this is still very much Rias' territory. As such jumping in here may very well serve to only aggrevate an already testy situation and undermine her authority, and you care too much about her to intentionally do that. That mess with Riser you could at least justify with him having thrown the first blow. Still justifications for past deeds aside, you keep your senses sharp and prepare yourself to step in should things look like they are about to come to blows.

UberJJK likes this.