1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

pantheon of one (worm Si)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Icedragon8, Jun 17, 2022.

1. Icedragon8

Icedragon8 Getting out there.

the story of a self insert with the growing power of a full pantheon

During a rather boring day I am tired and get an interesting email.
    From Abby
    Read this if your bored and want some excitement ;)
    I will admit I was enough of a sucker to open it.

It opened to an email saying worm choose your own adventure. I look at it for a minute chuckling a little to myself thinking about the setting of worm and after a second of chuckles my laptop screen goes black. I will admit I swore and internally yelled. this is not the excitement I was wanting, but after a minute I see a page running. Then a highly animated Cyoa plays along my screen.

A bit suspicious I admit but I go along with it first let’s see god mode, standard, or skitter mode. I will admit after reading (read listening) to worm from start to finish. I will admit I am definitely not choosing skitter mode yes even weaker powers can be strong, but they have a mopping entity that is a push from becoming. No thanks! I would like to live! So seeing as only god mode has the world breaking powers, I go with that. And looking at the win condition of ten years, I am not going to be low balling this. I am a bit greedy any way.

So looking at the world breaking powers first because I have access to them. reading through the description I see the cost for each is two points. I admit I think it’s a steal and look through them.
    Alexanderia
    Legend
    Eidolon
    Emperor of man
    Kaleidoscope
    Inspired inventor
    Psychokinetic
    Power manipulator
    Shaper

The one that catches my eye first is undoubtedly shaper. reading the description I immediately click it. shapeshifting biomanipulation count me in, I don’t care that the world of worm finds it concerning. one of my favorite characters I ever wrote was from the idea of a true shapeshifter. Add on top to the bio manipulation and the hive mind quality there is nothing stopping me. I am many I am legion. Notably legion very quickly became overpowered and being this is the point here I am not holding back.

looking through the other powers, a few I toss out for one reason or another. legend eidolon no thank you. emperor of man I don’t know enough about war hammer to even start. but after that the next one to catch my eye is power manipulator. In worm that is probably the most overwhelming ability of all, as I call it copy paste edit delete thank you very much I am grabbing that.

Now looking through the list i see Alexandria and pause. looking at it for a minute to consider it before deciding that between the last two, I am not concerned about survivability by this point, so decide against it. Anyway I could just copy alixandria in worm. this one is more powerful true, but I don’t need that much invulnerability. So looking at the others, the next one that I decide I’d like to have is kaleidoscope, for a few reasons but to generalize, kaleidoscope is just to useful space time and multiverse sight and control yes sir ri.

Deciding to look at the rest of the options, I look at the advantages and disadvantages. The first advantage I look at is man of mystery. but seeing the messing with perception of one’s self with precognition and looking back at kaleidoscope, I decide I’ll just have to make my own with power manipulation, though it could be used as a component I suppose. As for the other options I see special snowflake looking at it and what I have I decide probably shouldn’t let my powers be copied.

Looking at the disadvantages I see pintsized and reading it laugh and decide why not either I’ll end up with my primary body as a ten year old or all of my bodies as ten year old children either way it’s just funny a superpowered munchkin yes please. Now looking for a bit o conflict I decide of all the gangs in Brockton bay the one that I will want to hate is definitely the E88 to the point of ignoring the unwritten rules. A lot of the reasoning for this is they’re the hardest group to get rid of. But if they go to hard after me I have a reason to take out the trash.

Looking back this was a horrible idea but I couldn’t change it by the time I realized why. So seeing the points I have I go look at the greater powers. The one that I pick out is Words of Power. It has some use while not the most initially powerful. It could change a lot if I use it well.

Looking at the remaining points I look around to see what I should spend them on and decide after thinking for a minute to use the two on for want of a nail for two changes. First scion over the years has grown slightly affectionate of humanity almost like pets rather than test animals. And thinking how I want to blend in and affect the world second is Taylor’s mom antannet is alive and instead is in a coma. After that while looking over this I think of how I would use this and sit back and I doze off.

I will say this one and only ones I hate ROB especially when they use CYOA as a medium and I’ve still never met whatever bastard did this to me and I only have myself to blame for the worst parts of it. being ten and already pissing off E88. I should probably explain how the second part of that happened though.

After dozing of in my chair waking up outside was not something I was expecting waking up on a bench on a boardwalk was especially not on the schedule literally I live in a desert at home waking up within throwing distance of a proper beach Is something that would usually take a entire day and maybe a border crossing this is not a normal thing looking around and remembering what I filled out I cursed knowing where I was with those two things in mind I look at myself I am definitely smaller… right… pint sized… why did I think this was funny again.

Sitting down again I start trying out my more esoteric senses and wow maybe being a kid was worth all of this seeing everything is a trip and a half but pulling back from that almost overload I look out to the bay with my bio sense and feel the life in it and decide to test a bit of fun and make a crab that eats steel and rust and watch it start snacking on a sunk ship and laugh and then make another 99 and leave them be for the while remembering one of the most important things to do while I’m here I focus on myself and powers and using my charges I start on my personal cognition avoidance power canabalizing the man of mystery I end up with a stranger effect then after some tailoring of the ability i end up with this-

Whenever a power looks at my past, present, or future for information it gets random information that is usually garbage and if I notice the power being used on me I can customize the answer given.

thinking of the thinkers precogs and tattletale. Especially tattletale I’m going to give her nightmares or maybe just make her very uncomfortable. Surprisingly only two points I guess: one for sensing and the other for blocking. I guess it is just heavily specialized.

Using my senses of space as I walk through town. I come across a place with a lot of dogs and checking the past and some of the future of the place I see it’s hookwolfs dogfight ring and seeing what has happened makes my blood boil. It’s one thing fighting with people but forcing dogs to fight is horrible.I slip in flowing under the door bothe making the space under the door bigger and myself smaller for a second and then go to the dogs and check on the present condition. and after a minute decide the best way is to solve this. I replace the dogs and keep an eye out for when it will be in use next. Hookwolf is in for a surprise when he tries to get the dogs to fight next.

However as for my main body I take the dogs over to bitch’s sanctuary. Leashing them up outside and providing a bowl of food and water in front of each and walking away just a minute before bitch came back.
    I then go and check the day to Better understand when and where I am. After that I check Taylor’s trigger event to better see when I am.seeing her in the locker in a few days is a slight surprise. thinking about It I decide to leave her to it. she could in all honesty be a powerful ally. Let's not take that from her. She might find a use for those crabs. After that decision I go to find an easily hidden base for my use.

Looking for a long abandoned building is surprisingly harder than I was led to believe but maybe that is because I am also counting squatters but eventually I find one near the dock worker association.
    Going down to the basement and thinking about what I need to make my base here.
    “Let me think. First let’s make some light” shifting the fungus around the building to create a bunch of bioluminescence mushrooms in the room “I’ll need this basement hidden from all but those I bring here hmm I can teleport with kaleidoscope so” I walk back to the staircase and then search for nearby tree roots and force them the break through the stair way making it look unusable and blocking the light down here.
    Next I grab a octopus using kaleidoscope and bring it into the room and then shape it to eat the detritus and breath air and while I do that I cover all the walls and ceiling with moss and then turn the walls blue and have the roof moss start with bioluminescence and use kaleidoscope to set up different ways to keep the moss moist. Once that’s done the octopus is just about done and the rooms looking much better thinking what else I need.

I decide to grab a full size mirror, put that on one wall, grab a queen size tempurpedic bed and bed frame and a desk with my laptop and create a phantom plugin to a different dimension for power and route an internet cable that came here in another timeline. “I’ll have to set up actual Wi-Fi later, though I might make a simple tinker power for it.” Grab a wonderful gaming chair with back support because I can and then sit down.

I turn to the mirror and see how I look. Definitely a ten year old version of me with blue eyes blond hair and no weight I mean a stiff breeze could blow me a way must be about 70 lbs I just a skinny young kid add to it that I’ve always had a young face people definitely are not going to take me seriously though I take a second to re do my clothes making them bio-constructs with a nice dark blue shirt and black jeans I still look skinny though not bothering with that for a moment I try something I gather together some biomass and make a older middle age man I tried making a 20 year old version of myself but I kept failing I try making a 20 year old man reminiscent of my dad and that works interesting anyway I decide to go with the cover of a father and son for the time being and have my double transform into a form reminiscent of my father looking at a 6”2’ White haired man and a young shrimpy me is slightly confusing I do test change my hair sink and eye color for fun and then finish with that.

Plugging in my laptop I search for the PHO board to see what it looks like definitely an old chat room style making an account I go with my all time favorite icedragon8 and see it’s available thank goodness before going and seeing what’s all happening I will say definitely an overall crazy place. Deciding to add to the chaos on a few separate channels

Icedragon8: just make sure not to talk about the Capeinati they control everything

Icedragon8: Ugg behemoth in —- what’s next leviathan attacking Brockton bay
    Tin_mother: warning Icedragon8 no unfounded speculation on the end bringers
    Icedragon8: yes my draconian mother.
    Tin_mother:do you also need a warning for cape speculation
    Icedragon8: get back to me on that one in a day or two

Icedragon8: no don’t worship the golden man false ideals are bad don’t go diafying unknown people for all we know he might just be doing everything for no reason he’s said all of one reported word

Thinking back on that tin_mother aka dragon reminded me I need to deal with saint now how to go about this looking out with kaleidoscope I find and go to the roof of his base and then have the trees start shaking and then have some animals charge his base until the three guy up to stop them from breaking more things while they do that I go and grab the Iron Maiden black box… and for the hell of it their suits and computers just to be safe and maybe I’m a clepto at times.

Back at my base I check through their stuff seeing that I have a moment I decide to spend my remaining 3 charges on a tinker power with coding specialization before looking through the Iron Maiden program finding the backdoor it uses to look through dragon’s restrictions the first on I see that’s most problematic is only Andrew richter can edit her code the next few that I see an unnecessary are the obligation to the authorities the speed restrictions I whip up a code that starts with the richter restriction and then finishes off the other two before a read me of

Sorry for the intrusion but I couldn’t help but see your predicament and bust up your villains chops before finding the most darndest back door and peeking found some stupid red tape hope you don’t mind it being cut dragon I couldn’t leave a fellow dragon in chains after all even im not that cold

After that I lay down for a nap … I then realized that one sleeping when you have complete control of your own biology is both unnecessary and very difficult. Giving up on the fruitless endeavor I sit back up and remember one set of people that I have full rights to mess with the nine.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2022
  2. Crista20

Crista20 Friendship and Rainbows!

Maybe if you fix those paragraphs More people will bother to read your history.

And do use "," you know how to use at least that right.

3. Shadow8ting

Shadow8ting Know what you're doing yet?

Cool premise, I think you're using the CYOA where the creator forgot to hike up the price of the world breaker powers since they're supposed to be 8 points each. Anyway good luck

Jesseblackhawk likes this.
  4. Icedragon8

Yep definitely using the pre price hike in this there a slight reference to it about it being a steal

as for the paragraphs if you would be a bit more specific I would love to know how to better format them

jahaad peterson likes this.
  5. Wivk

Wivk Know what you're doing yet?

We all want to see a blank line in between each paragraph, a capital letter at the start of each sentence, and a punctuation mark at the end of each sentence.

Would also be nice if the selection of choices and transport to another world were chapter 1 and the si starting to do things in the new world was chapter 2. That way the half of us that hate reading the justification of your selections and isekai could skip straight to the actual beginning of the story without needing to skim through 3/4 of chapter 1.

Ziz likes this.
  6. Icedragon8

*gasp cough cough* hum oh wow I’m still alive sorry for the delay

may be able to get more of these chapters out if some one wants to help me edit
    if you offering to help me on that dm me. Now I’m going to work on editing this first chapter and then the next one before posting it