1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

I see Tony's not been idle with OL's hypertech around. I can't imagine the scan disruption isn't intentional, the man does have a bit of a paranoid streak alongside his many other psychological subscriptions.

I'm sure you'll enjoy getting your ass beat into tinfoil by the opposition...

Eh, he's rather break their legs. Or at least chop their negotiating position off at the knees. :p

Oh, boy. If you thought the MCU version was a bagful of crazy, you ain't seen nothing yet.

Blame it on the original comic writers, who were happy to use their home-town as the focus. At least they didn't make a new city for every title.

...That is an ugly aircraft design. The MCU did it better. At least Skurge is finally catching on that silently pining proclaiming your eternal loyalty for a lady isn't going to make her more appreciative of you.

The Universal Weapon, a do-anything-the-plot-demands piece of hypertech. Unfortunately, it tends to get used as about as subtly as the hammer it resembles.

At least EMH!OL isn't mean enough to take advantage of any legal loopholes it might contain.

Besides, you know, existing in your line of sight?

Well, it's a regular convention of historically significant Kree characters. The joy of being an adaption of sixty years of continuity.

Okay, buddy? Inside voice, please. Otherwise they'll be able to hear you in Jersey.

Admittedly, the ease of wormhole creation has its drawbacks. Such as destabilising the Sun, as seen during Operation: Galactic Storm. And that's no fun for anyone nearby.

Sadly, when all you can see are nails, it's easy to want to look for a hammer. :p

Now, see, that sounds nice. But Earth is nothing but trouble, you know. Between the dozens of races that tried to invade and got beaten back, and the native costumed lunatics, do you really want to stick your nose into this mess? :rolleyes: It's likely to get bitten off.

Let's not go counting your chickens before they've hatched, big guy...

That'll be Carol Danvers, right? Now, I'm sure fighting one hero seemed easy enough... Fighting all of them might be trickier.

Oh, don't worry, it's not an obscenity. Your delicate sensitivities will be perfectly fine. :D

Sweetening the offer, eh? Such the sweet talker, EMH!OL...

And believe me, that is a whole other barrel of crazy. Let's not forget the fact the Celestials have an interest in Earth too.

That would be from the Wolverine and the X-Men series, right? I'm guessing the events of the series haven't transpired yet, then. At any rate, no smart man would want to get anywhere near that big furball of drama.

Especially if the Kree don't have some advantage to overcome the Shi'ar. Like, say, an Omni-wave Projector based Nega-Bomb.

Suggesting Earth would take the Kree's technological distinctiveness and add it to their own? :p

Ah, the good old 'Summon Bigger Fish' spell.

Now, if you're done with your dick-waving, Ronan?

Good boy. Do pass on Earth's regards to the Supreme Intelligence.

Yeah, when you've got them by the balls, you have their full attention, indeed.

And Tony just rolls his eyes at EMH!OL's poor Latin. It is a bit punchier a boast, even if it's incorrect.

Big interplanetary kerfuffle nicely defused, thanks to a bit of metaknowledge and empathic insight. I wonder how many other plotlines he's bypassed with his talents? No doubt many of the villains find great frustration in his achievements. Still, I'm sure the average person on the street appreciates the peace and quiet. Better for property values, if nothing else. :D

2. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

He's really not...

The canon reason Earth isn't just blown up by one empire or another in Marvel is Earth's continued neutrality.

This Paul just blew that up by publicly claiming they would ally with the Shi-ar if push came to shove.

3. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Zoat in the spoiler box the date above the link for this chapter says 14th April, but here it's 22nd April.

4. w34v3r

w34v3r Versed in the lewd.

Neutrality in a small, effectively unarmed, polity like earth is here means having a rolodex of people who would like to annex you and using everyone else in it to keep whoever is making noise this week from getting ideas, as demonstrated in the chapter.

Neutrality of the Swiss sort requires the ability to be at least a minor boon or bane to your larger neighbors in order to use your own utility or obnoxiousness to enforce said neutrality.

Razorfloss, Karnven, KenNM and 16 others like this.
  5. lancelot

lancelot Grand High Poobah

Any chance you could link the pervious parts of this setting?

Relyt33 and Bigreader like this.
  6. Coltsguy

Coltsguy Colts fan. Anime fan. Breast and back fan.

Probably should be surrender your world unless he's that arrogant, which is also a probability.

7. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

Except that's not what he did.

He threatened to join one specific group.

Which without Zoat protecting Paul from the consequences of his actions would result in the Kree going back to their ship then teleporting a black hole bomb with a one second fuse into Earth's core and calling it a day as the Earth goes ploink.

KenNM and Relyt33 like this.
  8. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Thank you, corrected.

9. Z000

Z000 If this is trash, then find me in the dumpster

yeah, but that also mean that whoever is dating Xavier is gonna get cheese off and the Kree will have to deal with it

10. Mr Zoat

11. Stsword

Stsword Versed in the lewd.

Lilandra. Emperor's sister.

So yeah, blowing up the planet when Xavier is a royal consort would seem like a good way to start a second war, because they are already at war with the Skrulls, and the Shiar Empire is in fact bigger than either the Kree or Skrull Empires.

Especially since D'Ken is probably a total fruit loop. To paraphrase BtVS- He's not playing with a full deck, he's got a couple of threes.

Unless Zoat is doing a particularly uncharacteristic version, but Zoat has been very charitable with his characterizations of other villains so it's certainly possible.

12. NightmareWarden

NightmareWarden Versed in the lewd.

This chapter just makes my heart sag a bit lower when I recall the MCU’s Eternals movie. A whole rocketload of Kon-expys. If we could just take a fraction of Paul’s wisdom for those characters…

Sigh.

KenNM, Relyt33, Ardy and 4 others like this.
  13. Handlewithcare

Handlewithcare Versed in the lewd.

And now to get Tony to design and mass produce space craft to give Earth a fleet.

(Seriously, it's been a while. I'm craving me some good uplift action)

14. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

"sets down"

15. Mr Zoat

Oh, D'Ken's not crazy, just power hungry to the point that it's overwhelming his caution. He would most certainly be interested in a) getting access to the Milky Way for his empire and b) getting his other sister off the throneworld.
    Thank you, corrected.

16. Windona

Windona Beetle Queen of Crackshipping

And Skrull!Steve didn't interrupt this time. Wonder what Mar-vell thinks, though he has gone a bit native.

Ronan made the situation very clear: He was going to subjugate or exterminate. Paul offered an alternative for them to get what they wanted without doing so, and was turned down. Ronan's second in command simply wanted to go all genocide happy. So Paul chose a tactic that would get the Kree away from Earth after his other negotiating tactics failed.

If it keeps the Kree and Skrulls off Earth's back without firing a shot, then it's an effective tactic that at minimum buys Earth time to build up better defenses and a way to go 'back off' without having to resort to calling in an Empire. And if the Shi'ar here about it, well, as Paul outlined Lilandra would probably be in charge and I doubt the Shi'ar would be too upset about having a planet willingly join their Empire. As long as the Shi'ar aren't all kill happy, it's a better deal than what Ronan is suggesting.

Cuchulin, DAT_NOOB, Istaran and 10 others like this.
  17. BrotherofaStudio

BrotherofaStudio Know what you're doing yet?

That is unfortunately very true.

There are actually some exceptions but otherwise... Yeah it really is New York where all this stuff happens.

I wonder how that went?

Much better introduction than Tony.

Did Paul discover the Skrulls already?

The Kree's normal procedure is a definite red flag and that Kree commander may be problem in the future. I somehow get the impression that Paul thinks that Earth should be a part of one of the three major galactic powers and that the Shi'ar are the best option.

It is an unfortunate fact that most of the Avengers can be pretty hot headed. The fact that Paul only has to use one word to turn back an alien occupation is very impressive and why he's probably called the negotiator. I wonder how Obi-Wan Kenobi would feel about Paul's diplomatic skills.

I'm very glad that you included Xavier's and Lilandra's relationship but from what's being said I am wondering why D'Ken is sane and still the Majestor and did Xavier even get into his comma in the first place or did someone, probably Paul in one form or another, wake him up?

Maybe Tony will listen to him more often now. The only thing I think that really went worse than in the show is how Sydren is still a Kree slave. Well, they may have to fight the Kree in the future but not for the time being.

18. BrotherofaStudio

I'm curious about that too.

19. Mr Zoat

The whole reason he wispered is that he didn't want anyone asking how he knew any of that.

20. Bud-E

Bud-E Stand up so I can push you down!

Mr Zoat What exactly happened for Skurge to get the memo that Amora's not interested in him at all, she's been rejected by Thor plenty and she's still pursued him for who knows how long? Also, why is Ronan's speech in bold is he projecting his voice or something?

Cuchulin likes this.
  21. Mr Zoat

A free and frank sparring session talk with Thor, where Thor offered to help him.
    Yes. If you watch the episode you'll hear what it's like.

22. BrotherofaStudio

How does that relate to the opinion the Avengers and X-Men have on Paul?

Cuchulin likes this.
  23. Mr Zoat

Ah, sorry, I misinterpreted. I though I was being asked how this changed their opinion.

Most of the X-Men haven't met him. The few who actually know the circumstances of his relationship with Anna Marie have a mildly positive view of him.

24. BrotherofaStudio

I see, that's good for those who know he adopted Rogue and understandable that most haven't met him. But what about the other Avengers and what's the status of Professor X, last I checked he was still in the coma where he communicated with the X-Men from the future, has something changed?

25. Mr Zoat

Yeah, I haven't actually watched the X-Men cartoon from that continuety. So... Pass.

26. hance1986

hance1986 A pitiful excuse for a man.

built

27. Mr Zoat

Thank you, corrected.

28. Bud-E

Bud-E Stand up so I can push you down!

Which X-Men show was in the same continuity as Earth's mightiest heroes?

Relyt33 likes this.
  29. BrotherofaStudio

I... See... That... Complicates things...

30. BrotherofaStudio

Wolverine and the X-Men

Xmaster3000 and Relyt33 like this.