1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Advent of the God-Harem King [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Alexander, Feb 5, 2015.

1. the DragonBard

the DragonBard Creator of Worlds

I just wonder why they're introducing Nasuverse stuff in, when I thought he wasn't adding xovers from anything else.

2. yrsillar

yrsillar Dapper Cthulhu

Its not really nasuverse though. If the person called 'Arthur' ever actually existed he would have been a pre-christian king of the original celtic/briton population. I imagine the reaction would be something like 'no shit' though because its kinda obvious if you're reasonably educated on history.

3. Stroth

Stroth Definitely not an AI

Yeah. In Arthurian legend King Arthur had three swords through this life, two of which were apparently holy or magical in some way. Caliburn was the first one, the sword in the stone that chose the true king. It was eventually either broken or lost in battle, the legend isn't very clear. It was replaced by Excalibur, which he got from the lady of the lake. Excalibur was explicitly magical, though exactly what it did, other that glow brightly enough to blind people, was never expanded on. Its sheath was also magical, keeping whoever wore it from dying in battle. He also had Clarent, the sword of peace, which he used for ceremonial purposes like knighting people. It didn't have any magic in the legends, but it is what Mordred used to kill him. So it's probably a demon blade in DxD continuity.

4. Higure

Higure Witch of Faith

Whether Caliburn and Excalibur are actually distinct swords is extremely unclear in the original legends...mostly due to conflicting accounts.

No bets placed on that...considering the sheer variety of supernatural beings in the DxD setting, I dare say human history books are either sorely lacking or utterly untrue. Probably the latter, but definitely the former.

He could have been a pre-Christian King, a Raksha or other form of Fae, an Angel, a deity or demigod from another supernatural faction, literally Arturia (via multiversal shenanigans), or any number of other things.

Seriously, we know virtually nothing about human history that is actually trustworthy in light known supernatural factors.

5. Stroth

True, but in this case they're definitely separate blades as Ddriag just pointed out that Excalibur was a Fae blade which was returned to them after Arthur's death. Which means it was not the sword in the stone.

6. yrsillar

yrsillar Dapper Cthulhu

Oh I know that. I was just pointing out that the existence of the arthurian legends predates the arrival of Christians in the isles, so the idea of excalibur being their most holy sword was always a little suspect. Expanding religions/cultures co-opt older iconography and legends all the time though so it's not really a huge deal. I was just pointing out that the whole 'real excalibur was fae made' would probably not be a big secret.

Least Devotee likes this.
  7. Higure

Higure Witch of Faith

True.

Oh, that. Yeah, agreed.

8. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

Eh, kinda but not really. Arthur as a legend might predate Christianity but the stories most people are familiar with are from Malory's La Morte d'Arthur which is a late 1480s interpretation of the whole affair. The other most famous works, Idylls of the King and The Once and Future King are from the 1800s and 1950-something respectively.

Sol Mark-1 and yrsillar like this.
  9. burningclaw2

burningclaw2 Dragon Boi of Justice

At least to those who are not a part of the Abrahamic factions.

10. yrsillar

yrsillar Dapper Cthulhu

True. I'm talking about the theoretical 'actual' King Arthur which would have wielded the ancient sword o' asskicking though, not the romanticized fella written about by the norman jerks who finished what the saxons started. :p

Honestly, it'd make more sense to use Charlemagne's sword, Joyeuse. You'd think the first holy roman emperor crowned by the pope would get more respect.

Edit: it's not a big deal regardless though, I just like talking about old legends and myths.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2016
  11. Sol Mark-1

Sol Mark-1 Experienced.

I also remember that Arthur had a Magical Dagger, and a Magical Lance; also the Knights of the Round Table also had Magical weapons.

Joyeuse may be safe in a Vatican safe.

Issei already has a magical sword, but there still that Fire sword, and that Eldritch sword.

12. Higure

Higure Witch of Faith

...wait, isn't Risa a F/SN fan?

We should make the earlier mentioned Quest for the Real Excalibur a full on date. We can watch F/Z and the newest version of Fate/Stay Night the night before, and then go see if the real Excalibur can perform Excaliblasts.

If not, we can just build our own later. Maybe add a "stripping beam" setting for when we don't want to kill someone.

I blame Negima for that last bit.

Deathwings and yrsillar like this.
  13. Prince Charon

Prince Charon Just zis guy, you know?

I'm quite certain you can also blame Issei for it (it's canon, but I'm not patient enough to go look for the video right now).

oerial, Sol Mark-1, ZipLopz and 3 others like this.
  14. Higure

Higure Witch of Faith

Never actually watched DxD, so I actually can't.

Good to know, though.

ZipLopz, kinglugia and Prince Charon like this.
  15. BlackThief12

BlackThief12 Nihon no Kokujin Dorobō

You have no idea the Holy Shit Quotient has gone through with that ability.

ZipLopz, kinglugia and Prince Charon like this.
  16. Ardion Prosili

Ardion Prosili Lover of Horned Women

Perhaps you could elaborate for the idiots in the audience?

Like me, per se.

17. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

Dress Break was a spell Issei invented to get clothing damage on demand. In book 5 though it was revealed that Dress Break also works on anything that conceals the target's body and is worn by them whether it's clothing or not, such as a set of otherwise-unbreakable manacles that Asia was trapped in. So moreso than Negi's sneezes, it's a spell that works on anything that has the concept of clothing rather than just shredding cloth and armor.

TheWave, Sol Mark-1, Ichypa and 12 others like this.
  18. Stroth

To summarize: Issei is so perverted that he worked out conceptual weapons from first principles in a few weeks and then invented one out of whole cloth just so he could see some tits.

19. BFldyq

BFldyq It's pronounced Be-Fled-Ick

Conceptual things are actually rather easy with how Devil magic works....

20. Stroth

Doesn't change the fact that he went from baseline mortal with no knowledge of magic to having his very own custom made conceptual weapon in less than a month. The boy's a pervert-savant.

If anything the biggest advantage Exaltation has given him in this quest is getting him regularly laid so he can actually concentrate on other things.

TheWave, Sol Mark-1, Ichypa and 12 others like this.
  21. Diller

Diller Versed in the lewd.

and said manacles?

They were made by Dimension lost aka one of the top tier Longius.

Prince Charon likes this.
  22. ragoogar

ragoogar Versed in the lewd.

( •_•)>⌐■-■ I guess you could say they were...

(⌐■_■) Dimensionally Lost.

Yeeeeaaahhh!!

TheWave, Garlak, oerial and 12 others like this.
  23. BlackThief12

BlackThief12 Nihon no Kokujin Dorobō

What is this to you? CSI: DxD?

Sol Mark-1 and Prince Charon like this.
  24. burningclaw2

Yes.

Sol Mark-1 and Prince Charon like this.
  25. Prince Charon

Which would also be interesting in a F/sn crossover. Imagine poor Rin's reaction if she found out what he'd done.:D

(Need to remember this, if we ever have a thread for DxD crossovers or F/sn crossovers.)

EDIT: Also, have a link, now that I've been reminded of the name of the spell.

Higure, Sol Mark-1 and codeRR like this.
  26. Higure

Higure Witch of Faith

*eye twitches violently*

*all the Gandr*

*Jeweled Sword Zeltretch*

*crying into Shirou's arms*

"Unlimited Blade Works!"

*Rin smirks from behind Shirou's back*

TheWave, oerial, ZipLopz and 10 others like this.
  27. Prince Charon

Well, I meant her just finding out about his creating a conceptual spell so damn fast just because he wanted to see some tits, rather than the power being used on her, but that fits, too.

She probably wouldn't have minded if Shirou had a Clothes-Cutting Sword, but he's got the wrong personality for it.

28. Higure

Higure Witch of Faith

That was the intended situation...although that would suck for Issei too.

29. Sol Mark-1

Sol Mark-1 Experienced.

I wonder wich supernatural beings are going to be interested in Issei, aside the Devils, Grigory, Angels Factions, and what is going to interest them more of him?

30. burningclaw2

Trihexia or whatever its name was.