1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

Given I'm pretty sure Jack has a crush on her... That's not really a question likely to get a no...

Last edited: Aug 23, 2022
    TopHatWearer and Gazing Eye like this.
  2. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

Yeah, it'll be a few years before he turns up again. Optimus always does. But in the meantime... That leaves everyone with rather a conundrum. What with a major Decepticon leader expecting potentially divine assistance.
    (Edit: Whoops, wrong continuity. :oops: )

Boy, she's taking it hard, isn't she? Femme's always had a bigger heart than she pretends to.

Yeah, Prime Wheeljack is like that. Quite a shift if you were used to his G1 mad quirky scientist characterisation.

And you were lucky to manage that, too.

Oooh, yeah. I don't think most of them knew the Council did that sort of stuff.

Yes, former Senator on the case. The big cheese had... Opinions about how things should be, of course.

Yeah, yeah, Steve, we see you. :p Making yourself useful, I see.

...I don't see that going too well. Too much bad blood between Logical!Shockwave and... Pretty much everyone.

And probably a facelift. He had a handsome face, he deserves to get it back, after all.

Though a change of colour scheme might also help. All that purple is not the best look, especially if he gets his old face back.

Drawing upon vague memories of G1 cartoon and comic metaknowledge, eh?

Alchemist Prime, for example. At this point, though, straight up knocking on the ground and praying might prove more effective...

It would probably require more energon than currently exists to re-fire the Forge. Unless you tried Nucleon or something... But there may be side-effects.

Ah, the old Clarke's Third Law in action. I'm sure there are more things in Allspark and Earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy, old 'bot.

For good reasons, I take it.

:confused: Yeah, okay, that's a damn good reason.

As seen in 'Orion Pax, part 3'. If anyone wanted to rewatch it somehow.

...Only if you're Cybertronian.

See, old 'bot, the squishy little people can be useful!

I rather think it'd take rather a while if Pull had to do it himself.

Although it would mean letting humans have access to Cybertron. Which may be a little awkward. And difficult, given the enviornmental concerns. No breathable atmosphere, after all.

Because someone happens to have a key. But good luck getting his mother to agree to it.

Surprisingly good advice, given what Pull's managed to far with just talk-fu.

Oh, look, another human-Cybertronian romance. Seems to be a popular thing in this universe, doesn't it? :p

Good to see this B-plot is still playing out. Let's hope this plan works. If only to make sure that Shockwave doesn't undergo any backsliding. It may be a long time before Cybertron enters a new Golden Age, but having one of the greatest scientific minds involved will make it a bit faster. :p Oh, and enabling a fun little bit of romance won't hurt either.

"You are so full of sludge. No Autobot would-."

3. Joelseph14

Joelseph14 Know what you're doing yet?

Wow Paul could you have said that in a worse way?

4. Senevri

Senevri Not too sore, are you?

I'm kinda digging the TFP side story.

5. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Is it just me or are random evil goons named Steve that go to the good guys very common?

First it was The Owl House and now this.

TopHatWearer, Ardy, redleo37 and 4 others like this.
  6. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

I want Rachet to see real magic. Even if it's from another universe, that should blow his processors.

Even after spending time with humans, Rachet, and other Cybertronians, continue to underestimate them.

7. Z000

Z000 If this is trash, then find me in the dumpster

it not like he wrong

magic is just a way to control mana

so it is a technology that they don't understand, not that it too advance for them to comprehend

8. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Thank you, corrected.

mastermenthe, Cuchulin, Ardy and 4 others like this.
  9. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

It's a lot more interesting then the main story that's for sure.

I blame the fact we have a Paul that can't just steamroll his way over everything.

Siiracai The Supernal and Enochi like this.
  10. néocorvinus

néocorvinus Versed in the lewd.

It really sounds like something a Gotham crime lord or a New God from Apokolips would say

11. BR549

BR549 This is filth! FILTH!!

That's actually the wrong Optimus; Cyberverse is a seperate continuity altogether. But he does return in the Aligned continuity partway through Robots in Disguise, after being trained by the Thirteen in the Realm of the Primes to be ready to battle Megatronus, aka The Fallen.

There's actually another interesting possibility here, given Zoat's working in parts of IDW2005 Shockwave's backstory for Aligned Shocker here. Specifically - that panel used to illustrate the Senator's face? Note what he's introducing to his fellow Senators: the Jhiaxian Academy of Advanced Technology. Which was basically Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters with Shockwave as Professor X; IDW2005 had the concept of Outliers, technically 'possessing abilities that have no apparent connection to their alternate mode' and in functional terms having superpowers, which included Glitch/Tarn's ability to talk people to death, Thundercracker's sonic booms, Skywarp's teleporting, and Mindwipe's telepathy (among others). If that was a thing here, 'superhero Cybertronians' would be interesting, especially if we hit another Crisis Event...

...and while he didn't have any actual powers over death, if he keeps looking for 'how to resurrect a Cybertronian' Paul here might hear rumors of the Necrobot...

mastermenthe, m_d, Cuchulin and 4 others like this.
  12. BrotherofaStudio

BrotherofaStudio Know what you're doing yet?

Nice seeing how Paul is surprised about Optimus sacrifice.

I really appreciate that Paul respects Optimus as a good person and a leader, although not his leader.

A good way of pointing out at the start of the way neither side was innocent but later the Autobots cleaned up their act and the Decepticons really lost their way. Also nice to see that even though Optimus is gone, the Autobots are taking his lessons to heart or spark whichever is the case by accepting Shockwave.

It would help signal the end of the war and could serve as an excuse for why the events of Robots in Disguise never happen. Though maybe some Decepticon lunatics try to free Unicron as a weapon for the cause. Where is the Chaos Bringer being kept anyway?

The Transformer Multiverse would argue about not being able to resurrect a dead Transformer but I suppose the Aligned universe might have that limit. By the way I'm pretty sure Prima was only ever called that and never Prima Prime.

I would argue with there being no magic, Primus and Unicron were not just highly advanced robots, they were gods or at least powerful probably powerful energy beings who gained robotic vessels. So it stands to reason their powers were at least akin to magic and certainly not technology. Also I feel I should point out that the Forge of Solus Prime was broken by Predaking though in the Robots in Disguise comics it was apparently repaired.

Quintessa was exclusive to the Michael Bay films and had no presence in the other universes, what's her story here?

A good way of reinforcing the alliance between Transformers and humans.

Jack is now by great technicality the last Prime and truly is the only one who can help them. Are he and Arcee a couple?

Have they ever met before?

Well, Paul could have made that sound less sinister.

13. WereDragon

WereDragon Bookwyrm

It is not difficult to underestimate someone who is significantly less strong/durable on a ‘per ton’ basis and a tiny fraction of your mass.

Saying that magic is just technology is much like saying biology is just chemistry which is just physics which is just maths. Technically true, from a certain point of view, but utterly worthless for all practical purposes.

14. Mr Zoat

She doesn't exist. It is the Quintesson homeworld, as per the link. Going there can net you the Sharkticon Matrix of Leadership.
    No and no. Jack suffered character decay in series 3 thanks to this halfwit, to the point that Miko was making better decisions than him.
    No. Actually, the way Arcee just sort of walked off at the end of series 3 was kind of harsh on him.
    Yes.

15. BrotherofaStudio

BrotherofaStudio Know what you're doing yet?

I knew about the planet, I was talking about the entity, the so called Prime of life, but I had no idea the Sharkticon Matrix existed. Though to be fair I haven't read the novel where it appears and only read a few things about it. Thanks for letting me know about it.

He is still the only one who can grant them access to Vector Sigma.

Ok then

I'm not sure I would count that as having actually met.

16. Tyrantviewer

Tyrantviewer lord of all I survey

I think Borderlands did it first actually, or at least before The Owl House- the bandit that goes "Hey O" in promotional work is named steve- he shows up by name in the second Poker Night at the Inventory.

TopHatWearer and Darko like this.
  17. thatguy3367

thatguy3367 Know what you're doing yet?

Gotta say, I’m liking the the transformers arc

TopHatWearer and NightmareWarden like this.
  18. Mr Zoat

Sorry, that was supposed to be 'doesn't'.

19. The Froggy Ninja

The Froggy Ninja The Blade Will Never Die

My brother in Primus, your species has physically intractable souls forged by a small g god who was himself forged by a primordial being that predates the universe and two of his apostles specifically were into spiritualism and magic.

20. Threadmarks: Transformed (part 4)
    Mr Zoat

17th October 2013
    17:06 GMT -7

The roads of Jasper, Nevada, are familiar, almost comfortable, under her tires. She'd gotten used to it. Gotten used to Earth. When she visited Cybertron with Jack she could just tell herself that it didn't feel like home because it was such a mess, but if that was the case why did this dirt ball with its sun and one moon and Unicron lurking under the surface feel-?

"Arcee-."

"Just sit there and don’t talk."

The-. Slipstream's partner, on her saddle.

"Arcee-."

"Sadie."

"We need to talk about one thing before we speak to Mister Darby."

"What is it?"

He takes a deep breath, which she knows is something humans do to draw attention to whatever they're about to say. She can't imagine-.

"In the human society that Mister Darby and I both grew up in, there's no precise age at which a person becomes an adult. Depending on what the subject is, it would generally be considered to be between sixteen and twenty one years old."

"Jack's seventeen."

"Yes. Which means that while I turned Miss Nakadai down flat when she asked about my implants-."

Her wheels lock. The-. The meatcepticon on her back locks his legs around her frame and his arms clasp Sadie's holomatter body as they slide along the road, wobbling from side to side.

"You're not giving Jack implants!"

"S-stabilise first-"

Her wheels unlock, and she manoeuvres to regain stability while slowing down because if he wants an argument she's doing in it robot mode!

"-please! And it's-. You can't tell me to do it or not."

"Oh can't I?"

"But you do need to decide what you're going to say when he asks you if he should get them or not."

"Okay, great. Are you done?"

"A-. Sadie, have you ever.. thought about what this whole thing has done to Jack's life?"

"He was never supposed to find out we were here. We protected the kids the-."

"I'm not criticising what you did. But given how much contact he's had with transformers and cybertronian technology… My guess is that Agent Fowler's superiors are going to want to recruit him. And that he's going to jump at the opportunity, because despite the danger he enjoyed the time he spent with you. And.. that's the only way he might get to see you again. And while Fowler has asked about using the implants to interact with MECH's technology, I… Think we both know which piece of cybertronian technology Jack wants to interface with."

Arcee pulls off the road, coming to a halt and deploying her kickstand.

Because… Yeah.

Cliffjumper was her partner, but they weren't… Pledging eternal friendship when you could die in the next fire fight seemed like it was tempting fate. And anything else-.

But now the war's over. None of Team-. Team Prime, were interested in that sort of ritual. At least, she hadn't noticed any of them showing that sort of interest. Unless Knockout's comment on her power-to-weight ratio was suppose to mean-.

"Why would he ask-?" No, that's stupid. The one human who's openly conjuxing just as hard as he can with a cybertronian, it's obvious why he's talking about it. What he's talking about.

"He'd ask because while he might be an adult for some legal purposes, he's not really sure about how you see your relationship and he's scared of alienating you. It'll probably come out as something like 'so, ah, those implants seem kinda useful. What do you think?'"

"He already said that."

"And what did you say?"

"I don't want to talk about it with you."

"Sadie, I'm trying to help. You can't absorb a lifetime of human culture in one year from three children and two adults. And.. I doubt that you'll want to talk to Slipstream about it."

"It's your fault I'm having to think about this."

His legs unclench from around her frame.

"I didn't have these implants when Slipstream and I started becoming close. They might have sped up the process, but-. Ah… I don't know Jack as well as you do, but I wouldn't assume that he wouldn't have been interested anyway. Of course I.. may have completely misread the situation. I just want to make sure that you have thought about it and that you've decided how you want to handle it."

"How would-?"

Why is she even asking this-?

"There are a few possibilities. You know that Earth is the rock accreted around the body of Unicron. It would make sense for a team to remain on Earth long term to monitor and study him. Since you don't need to be on Cybertron and you know people on Earth, you could volunteer yourself."

"Unicron's dead. His spark was destroyed."

A lie, but she doesn't want it to get around that the Autobots have Unicron's spark trapped in the Allspark's housing.

"That's… Do you know where Unicron came from?"

"No."

"Have you studied him in any detail?"

"No."

"So why are you assuming you got him? Or that you got all of him? And even if you did, it would still make sense to get inside and nuke his joints, or keep tabs on those creatures you found inside him." He sits back on her saddle slightly. "War's over, Arcee. Now you have to work out what you want to do with your life."

She doesn't like it, but he has a point. She was staying on Cybertron in case Knockout tried something, or Starscream or Shockwave or Airachnid came back. So she could fight them, because she doesn't know anything about building or science or leadership or… Not being at war. But if that's not going to happen… What did she even do before the War? Did Cybertron really have any use for Light Exploration Models now? And if it didn't…

"Slipstream mentioned that you used to be pink? Are..? Do you know what happened to Chromia?"

"I haven't heard that she died." She winces slightly at the memory. "When the Decepticons attacked Iacon we weren't exactly overburdened with spare parts. It doesn't take much glass gas to take an Autobot's plating off."

He nods.

"So I… Suppose that everyone's waiting to see who else survived. Getting Shockwave reverted will really help sell the whole 'the War's over' message. It won't be all that long until you know-. Know, one way or the other."

"Yeah."

"Have you decide what you're going to say-?"

She revs her engine, and he takes that as his cue to grip Sadie again.

"I'll think of something."

Last edited: Dec 11, 2023
  21. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

'used'

'becomes'

"any of"

22. Lazurman

Lazurman That Others May Fap

Relationship counselor Paul is always a treat.

mauke, mastermenthe, Ardy and 16 others like this.
  23. NameOrdane

NameOrdane Lurker: The Socially Awkward

Mr Zoat on the episode directory, Feasibility Study (Part 15) goes to part 9 instead.

24. Pinklestia

Pinklestia Well worn.

Ah, actually like this, less God Mode, more actual story.

25. Lord Ernest

Lord Ernest At the End...

Meatcepticon, I like it. This Pull guy has some really good advice, although I suppose it comes from experience of already "conjuxing" with a Transformer. Now there's a new innuendo term for my vocabulary.

mastermenthe, Ardy, Istaran and 5 others like this.
  26. Relyt33

Relyt33 Know what you're doing yet?

Okay other than the four we got for Transformers are there any others?

27. Mr Zoat

Thank you, corrected.
    I'm sorry? I don't understand your question.

28. Relyt33

Relyt33 Know what you're doing yet?

I’m asking if there was any other posts for Transformers other than the latest ones you already gave us.

29. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

Hmm, jumping back in time about five minutes. Presumably going to meet with Jack about the whole 'unofficial Prime access', which we saw a moment of at the end of the last chapter... I have the feeling this is going to be amusingly awkward.

My, what must Slipstream think, her man riding with another femme? :p

Because of course she named her holo-avatar. Even though 'R.C' could be a usable nickname.

I do hope the Autobots at least got the basics of human reproductive urges in their briefing packages... Otherwise, this could be almost as awkward as 'Transformers Animated's moment where Optimus hears about the birds and the bees from Sari Sumdac...

And I think we all can guess which thing Pull here means.

Miko Nakadai, Bulkhead's human partner. She has something of a crush on the big lug... She's also 15.

Well, that's ultimately up to Jack. Or maybe his mother, if he wants them before his eighteenth birthday.

Yeah, if nothing else, so she can slap some sense into him while he argues with her kneecaps... :p Seriously, the height difference is so awkward.

No, since you're not his mother. Or Jack's. Admittedly, June Darby might have some words for Pull on that front.

Now, now, femme, don't be so sure you'd tell him 'don't'.

...Femme, he only got caught up in this because you sat around outside his workplace, looking sleek. While hiding from a couple of Vehicons, true, but still...

x3 ...And Rule 34 has had plenty to say on that angle. Interesting idea about using the implants with MECH's tech, though. I mean, they did build a fake Optimus and everything... Being able to reproduce that technology...

Face it, femme. Jack's in this for life, whether you want him to be or not.

Nah, Knockout was devoted to Breakdown. And there's another 'bot who lost their partner to the war for you.

...So, like any teenage boy attracted to someone he's not sure is attracted back. Except this one is a cool alien robot. Man, that's got to do weird things to your head. :p

...Oh, boy. There's no good answer to that question, is there?

The joy of not having some sort of xenocultural specialist or something along... Sadly, wartime.

Which was probably annoying as hell for her. Even if she'd rather have a certain someone else's legs squeezing her seat like that. x3

Oh, I'm sure she's been thinking about it since she found out it was possible...

After all, there's no guarantee that he's offline permanently. Primus' spark has been refired. Some mad prat might get the clever idea to revive the Chaos-Bringer.

See? All it takes is one particularly nihilistic 'bot learning that, and...

There's quite a few origins, honestly. Take your pick.

Though you'd want to be careful, it may be like a Reaper, capable of driving people to madness and servitude even with a mere fragment of its body.

Oh, yeah... That happened. Might want to keep an eye on that.

Yes, that is a common question in continuities where the great war ends. What do 'bots who have known only war for so long, who may have been born as soldiers, do when the war they were made for is done?

For context: Chromia (Prime). Very much like Arcee, enough that they could be sisters.

Especially if, like her comics appearance suggested, she's leading a hidden city of 'bots formerly living underground.

I expect it'll be awkward and embarrassing for all involved.

:D Heh, about as awkward as I expected. But thought-provoking, on some level. Arcee, like the other members of Team Prime, have found themselves at a strange place, the war being over, yet not quite peaceful. There's going to be a lot of 'bots in the years to come looking to find a new place in whatever society takes shape on the restored Cybertron... And not all of them are going to be good folks. Someone's going to have to keep the peace...

"You're not giving Jack implants!"

30. m_d

m_d Fascinated by storytelling

I may be missing something, but I can't quite parse this sentence. At the ellipsis, it gets strange.

[Edited for clarity since apparently 'wonky' can also mean something like 'more technical, detailed, and specific than average'.