1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Panacea Quest

Discussion in 'Questing' started by WyldCard4, Feb 12, 2014.

1. DeAnno

DeAnno Power over Versatility

[X] Interlude
    -[X] Florida Man
    -[X] Dispatch
    -[X] Crystal

2. mc2rpg

mc2rpg Versed in the lewd.

[X] End

3. Garlak

Garlak Getting sticky.

[X] Epilogue, start!

4. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

[X] Blake Thorburn :3

5. Deathwings

Deathwings Questionable French Guy

I've got to hand it to you guys, I've been skimming the latest update because I was super bored and had nothing better to do and from what I've gathered at a quick glance, you've somehow managed to fuck up the world even worse then canon Worm did.

Holy shit that takes talent. Good work gentlemen, really. *applaud*

6. WyldCard4

WyldCard4 It's needlessly complicated

This is a quest where in the space of like, five updates they got Flechette killed and let Noelle pop out insane Amy clones. That the world was saved at all is kind of a miracle. That the world is not ruled by Emma, ravaged by Victoria bolted to Eden's corpse, or eaten by self replicating glass is also a fairly major accomplishment.

Things also look a bit worse than they are because they're scattering people into underpopulated areas to make it easier for Annie (mindraped Taylor) to feed and protect them. There's going to be a lot fewer people dying post-canon from starvation, disease, and exposure, though there was more fighting on Earth Bet, Aleph, and Tav as Scion dimension locked the worlds the parahumans had gathered into to restrict their strategic mobility.

Things will certainly be different.

7. Lement

Lement Blushing inComplete Coverage

Huh, so how did they get Pandemic to show up?

I like how she is portrayed, though.

"Changer eleven."

*blink*
    Huh, that's actually using the PRT rating codewords for their intended purpose. Though it is overstating a bit imho given Lung was only brute 9 - changer 11 might be more like Emma in this story. Well, on the other hand "Changer eleven." is faster than "Changer 7, Breaker 10, Brute 4, Striker 3". Makes me think of the explanations of various complexity and correctness of how planes fly, there's something to be said for brevity in combat.

'She's shrinking, now. Why is she shrinking?'

Why, indeed?

Power incontinence?

One body, but how many minds is that?

'The clone, Pandemic, looks at Victoria, and then she screams again. She's done this every several minutes since she first saw Victoria.'

So she's insane. Fun.

'useless thing'

What.

I still remember when Amy respected the Warrior entity. Though Scion should maybe "Mona" there. Maybe not.

'There are trackers inside Claire'

How many? Because I recall a pesky size limit on bug sizes allowed, and Claire is pretty small if she was just born. Half a meter tall if xkcd is correct.

Also, that was fast.

'She'll remember everything, grow up perfect.'

If she is perfect, no, even good, she won't be like Victoria or Amy. I think Pandemic and Panacea are going to clash over that word. And, well, lot other people too.

Remembering everything isn't even good, either. There are humans who can do that, but it is either unlikely or a disadvantage, possibly both.

'[ ] "Yes. I. Can." You promise her. You can keep Claire safe.'

Already failed.

'[ ] "I can't, she can." You touch Victoria. "She's done it her whole life." '
    Better, but Victoria was quite silent and uneasy in that scene. Come to think of it, 'silent' doesn't really fit my image of Victoria.

'[+] "There's someone else." She won't listen to you. She won't listen to Victoria. "Let's call Daddy." '
    The one who won. Frankly, Marquis has been a bit of nonentity in PQ.
    But if there are any memories of him, the one of his failing has to be among brightest.

I wonder, you have Dinah give probabilities, but do you actually roll numbers?

"She currently looks like a terribly pregnant child, perhaps six. "
    Oh fuck. She is becoming a second skin to Claire?

Well,that didn't happen though, albeit it'd have been interesting. And geez, Xicree, merging instead of mindwiping all the villains now? I'm not sure that is superior or inferior, morally, to what was done to Taylor.

Though this enemy flared up my interest, it was brief as an enemy. Hopefully, longer as friend. I think this is the first we see of Marquis on-screen talking about family issues in PQ?

Well, this sure has potential for different themes now, but it's down to biotinkering/family life.

There's no way Pandemic will be just fine from here on. Amnesiac twisted so badly by the shard...

I do want to timeskip, partially.

Now, onto characters

--------

'Fog guarded Cranial. He could have listened to music, read a newspaper, read a book, but none of that would have helped him.'

*blink*

So, Fog only plays the routine for his wife?

That is kind of sweet. And reminds me of the Sphere Uber and Leet resurrected.

' Fog tries logic, because he really, really wants to kill someone.'

And that is not. I don't presume the plan is to warp villains to erase evil, as Cranial wouldn't allow that. So are villains put into jobs, as directed by Dragon and Annie?

'Panacea going insane is the one thing that could seriously make life in the remaining Earths more difficult.'

*blinks*
    So, Epoch refused?

Brave man, Epoch. Though that was a bit brief I do wonder how you can be in not-truce position with Dragon who can land on your lawn. I guess she has more important things to do.

In the end, I do wonder how Cauldron is doing, from a close perspective.

And I do wonder how someone might look at the bartering with Pandemic. A 16% chance of plagues keeping killing everyone in exchange for the life of a single amnesiac supervillain? Marquis might protest. Amy might, too. Victoria...I'm not sure. And giving up your own life as one more is ..acceptable.

So who knows?

Lastly, we know he stands guard over our heroes from time to time. But given his shard, I wonder why he wasn't standing guard over Cranial.

There may be no perfect answer for information, even if you're Dragon but there is one that can fit those. Part of me wants to see what the hell do Adepts have to be able to be not-Truced with Dragon and risk war with Panacea.

And all those are present. For future, Time Skip or precog interludes are only options. I kinda like time skip, the reasons for one here are much like the ones before. Still, there are some things that still make me wonder.

..Ah. The Adepts have halfbringer(s) then. Well, even that is insufficient, but can be used to ward off Mona attacks with thread of massive damage elsewhere. At the very least, they aren't aligned with Amy.

Well, Epoch ultimately is like Coil though.

...And I think I've just managed to counterargue myself. I wish the living EBs were smarter, though.

[] interlude: Hero

[X] Interlude: Morrigan

*blink*

I wonder how much do you value single life at in exchange for world fuckupness?

Because this Scion didn't really pay any significant attention to alternate realities. And the only place that is fucked up is Earth Bet.

Well,though, it is where all the canon characters are, so it can indeed be called canon though.

Even on Earth Bet, there are lot of more people still living though. Subsisting on bugs, maybe, and dying to plagues - hey, that may be even more deadly than the infrastructure collapse and continent-busting Scion did in canon just on Bet. But nobody is really fucked up beyond the immediate monkeysphere of Panacea.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  8. hyzmarca

hyzmarca Getting out there.

They didn't. She showed up on her own.

[X] End - Epilogue: Claire

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  9. duburu

duburu I trust you know where the happy button is?

So what happen on this quest that SB kick it off?

10. Xicree

Xicree Destroy and Rejoice!

Shadowstalker was implied to have been raped off screen.

WyldCard4 likes this.
  11. Silver719

Silver719 Fate's Plaything

Okay, so, reading through the archives, WHAT IN THE FUCK AM I READING?! I just...I want to know how people can rationalize this? Was it just one big long cry of YOLO at the end there?

It's really, really good mind you, I'm just...my mind is full of fuck and I'm only at legal consent to Panacea having her arm broken just so Glory Girl can dote over her. What the fuck?

12. Lement

Lement Blushing inComplete Coverage

*sigh* Silver719, this is a dead quest...Though huh, compared to duburu, I guess Jan 7 isn't too distant.

Might as well answer the question. While I doubt all is there nowadays, you would be better served by reading the
    quest
    actual
    threads
    for rationale.

Without index, it is a bit cumbersome to dig over, but if you're interested in the rationale behind some decisions go ahead and read over it. Though if you still disagree, that is fine as well - quest voter base is hardly ever united.