1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. WereDragon

WereDragon Bookwyrm

I’m picturing something close to Stitch in all-out mode.

2. Dur'id the Druid

Dur'id the Druid Know what you're doing yet?

Really? I was thinking something more like Lucas.

3. WereDragon

WereDragon Bookwyrm

Keep in mind that the base template is a human-sized semi-anthropomorphic spider (example), not just a giant spider.

Prince Charon likes this.
  4. Lord Ernest

Lord Ernest At the End...

I believe the Queen and Princess don't look like that. Their body configuration is Ararchne-type, I think? So large and arachnid bottom, semi-humanoid torso at the front with multiple arms (in fact, that part brought to mind the Alien Queen), but it's all chitinous exoskeleton and they have multiple eyes and mandibles. No soft skin, no boobs, no humanoid face, no sexy monster girl here.

Prince Charon, Cuchulin and Chaoswind like this.
  5. Ganurath

Ganurath Apologizes For Nothing

That's not Teekl.

6. Doccer

Doccer I trust you know where the happy button is?

Can't remember if Shazam accepted the substitute.
    How very logical. I can't help but imagine she has a Vulcan for a teacher.

Prince Charon and Ardy like this.
  7. Radix

Radix Not too sore, are you?

Well she is a reformed supervillain bad girl of sorts. So exactly his type.

Even got to 3rd(?) Base with her and has a kid who looks up to him as a father figure.

Plus everyone knows he is a arachnophile already.

8. Duke Long

Duke Long Glomerulus

As much as I would like romance between Paul and the queen, I don’t think she has the right personality. Maybe I’ve got the wrong impression, but I think that the ‘redemption’ of her and her subordinates had a lot more to do with the realisation that doing more of the evil shit they did was illogical, rather than actually believing it to be morally wrong.

Ardy likes this.
  9. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

The Queen herself didn't really need redeeming. Though you're right about the few surviving officers who aren't her mentally conditioned children.

10. Ganurath

Ganurath Apologizes For Nothing

Exactly Paul's type isn't reformed supervillain bad girls. Jade, Cheetah, Blackfire... but Aranae had to have her mind rewritten to reform, and the mother of the twins from Thundercats is an outlier entirely. No, there's only one common theme among all five

Paul needs a woman who's emotionally damaged enough to endure his fixation on the Babylon 5 TCG.

...Man, the Paul in Babylon 5 must be fucked up by the lack of his favorite card game.

Signaller, BookZone, Cuchulin and 9 others like this.
  11. Duke Long

Duke Long Glomerulus

Ah, so she is actually moral? I kind of assumed, given how manipulative she seems to be, that she would do evil if it was advantageous (although presumably she has no interest in eating people).

12. Sojiko

Sojiko Getting sticky.

I love Princess! I think it's one of the best characters created for this series, and I hope that we see more of her in the future.

dogbertcarroll likes this.
  13. Mr Zoat

I've thought more about Grayven visiting the station during Believers and being puzzled that Dr. Franklin doesn't know what a sonic scalpel is.
    She's True Neutral. The scientists who raised her didn't bother giving her any actual moral education, which means that she's better off that 99+% of her species.

14. Bramble Thorn

Bramble Thorn Verified Silhouette

...You gave a direct link that does not work...

...and you did it again...

Vorian likes this.
  15. Threadmarks: Uncomplicated Good Works (part 13)
    Mr Zoat

18th December 2012
    15:27 GMT -5

"Okay." I watch as Kal-El metaphorically girds his loins. "Perhaps we should try and do this a little differently."

"It's okay, I can hide the body, just tell me where it is."

"There isn't a body."

"Even if you incinerated it completely, there might well be biological residue left. I know your eyesight is good, but I have a power ring, and your heat vision tends to leave a very distinctive-."

"Just-." He holds out his right palm. "Just stop. I haven't killed anyone. Lois and I had a… Uncomfortable but probably overdue conversation about… Aging."

"Ah. How did it go?"

"I think I can keep 'Clark Kent, bumbling reporter' going until my early sixties. I'll just have to find a grey hair dye that works on kryptonians. After that I guess I'll just have to be open about things, though I don't think I'll ever be 'Superman' full time."

"It's your life. Do you think you'll keep writing? I ask because at that point your articles will have a very different 'brain feel' to them."

"It's thirty years away. A lot of things could be different. And I could write under a pseudonym easily enough."

"You can't do interviews under…" I smile, shaking my head. "Would you like a personal hologram projector?"

"Thank you for the offer, but that's a technology Krypton had." He pauses for a moment. "I've had a few thoughts about your problem, and I've an idea about how we could bridge the gap."

"Okay?"

"You've seen how I handle situations. I've heard how you handle things, but I've never really seen it for myself. Contentious situations, where you have to use your judgement. Not just things like with Kara."

"I can see the superficial logic, but I'm really not sure that's a good idea."

"Why not?"

"I'm.. a little concerned that I'm just going to make my thought process seem more appealing. I saw how what I said affected you."

"No, don't worry. Ma raised me better than that." I.. look away, awkwardly. "I don't think I've ever heard you talk about your mother."

"My parents thought they were raising a bright but not particularly social child, not someone with your powers. The precise niceties of moral philosophy weren't really discussed. I really don't have the slightest idea how she'd feel about this."

"No?"

I take a moment to strain my memories.

"When I was very small, she asked me to promise never to vote for the Conservative Party, because she held them responsible for the fact that I spent half my time at school in Portakabin classrooms. She also told me that she'd disown me if I ever joined the army. So, I guess I'm disowned, though she might just have been talking about the wars my Britain was involved in at the time rather than wars in general."

"And your pa?"

I strain my memories harder.

"I don’t remember it coming up. At all."

"Huh. Did you get along okay with your parents?"

"As far as I know. I don't have a second set of parents to compare them to. We didn't really have any hobbies in common… Ah. But on.. a slightly less personal level, what exactly did you want to watch me doing?"

He shrugs. "Anything."

I smile awkwardly. "It's the old.. thing, where someone asks you to say something and your mind goes completely blank."

"You can just take the lead for a patrol around Metropolis if you like."

"No, I've got something."

I float a little way up into the air, then generate an oversized zeta tube.

"Keeping an eye on Chughraghahh and it's satellite worlds is an ongoing task. The new treaty arrangements won't be fully bedded in for a little while, so I'm on big stick duty."

"Isn't that on the other side of the galaxy?"

"Yes, but I built them a big zeta tube. We can get there in a few seconds. Coming back will be a little more difficult, but I can come back first and create a receiver station." Hm. "Or we can do something a little closer?"

"If you're busy I can always hitch a lift."

He reaches down to his belt and activates his environmental shield.

"Ready?"

He nods as I check the orientation of the zeta tube. And then check that the far end is clear

Confirmed.

"
    After you."

"They don't eat kryptonians, do they?"

"I imagine they would if they thought they could. So all the ships apart from Amalak's-."

Amalak who has a massive grudge against kryptonians.

"Would you mind.. terribly, changing your shirt? I.. just remembered that the man leading the picket fleet had his homeworld destroyed by General Zod, and he's got a bit of a grudge about it."

Kal-El's face falls slightly.

"How much of a grudge?"

"He'd try and kill you if he confirmed that you were kryptonian. Or Daxamite. But without the House of El crest we can just pretend you're a metahuman. If he even asks."

"Does he know that Zod was a criminal who was banished to the Phantom Zone?"

"Do you intend to get him out, kill him, then present Amalak with his severed head as reparation?"

"Is that something you would do?"

"No. Without knowing how much solar power he'd absorbed before being sent to the Phantom Zone, letting him out would be too much of a risk."

"He was sent to the Phantom Zone from Krypton. I doubt that he'd have any solar power."

"Oh. In that case, yes. Life imprisonment is fine for what would otherwise be capital crimes when you're not completely certain, because you could be wrong and exculpatory evidence might turn up. In Zod's case there's no doubt. He certainly deserves it, and it might finally bring Amalak and the few other surviving members of his species some measure of peace. And possibly make him stop trying to kill other kryptonians. Using the Phantom Zone in the way Krypton used to was simply cowardly."

"I'll take that under advisement." He smiles. "Do you have a replacement shirt, or do you want me to go bare-chested?"

Last edited: Sep 19, 2022
  16. Bud-E

Bud-E Stand up so I can push you down!

Did not expect Clark to try and give this a second shot... 20 bucks say Amalak will find out he's Kryptonian!

17. Ciber

Ciber Know what you're doing yet?

Everyone want's superman to go bare chested.

18. Handlewithcare

Handlewithcare Versed in the lewd.

"...so, are we going?"

"I'm still weighing the 'no shirt' option"

19. NightmareWarden

NightmareWarden Versed in the lewd.

Give him another jumper, Paul! An orange one!

20. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

That should say 'an'.

Krypton should be capitalized.

21. RoninSword

RoninSword Sky God

So is there a reason that Clarke can't just claim that OL also augmented him like he did Lois?

22. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

So is this where LePaul finds out why giant Zeta Beam emitters are a bad idea?

Khornelius likes this.
  23. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

I mean, it can't have been any less messy than Injustice Joker's death. Seriously, a Kryptonian can pretty much paint the room red with a human body if they felt like it. :oops: Like, just painting with chunky salsa. Blah.

Well, if he's cracking jokes, I guess cuddling Princess helped his mood a bit.

If you and Lois were living together, would you be sleeping on the couch tonight, or..?

Sooner or later, it's going to come out. Better to reveal it yourself and manage the fallout, than have someone like Lex play it up as some xenophobic 'alien infiltration' plot thing.

As long as it's high-res enough to pass muster. Although one glitch in the rendering pipeline and suddenly Clark's skin might turn into a purple-and-black checkerboard... :oops:

Are you sure? You've been through enough traumatic experiences in the last couple of days courtesy of OL...

Somehow, walking a mile in OL's shoes might be a little messy or morally complicated...

...Unless it involves you railgunning some asshole pirates or something. Pretty sure that won't fly for Supes...

:confused: ...Boy, talk about awkward discussions...

Well, good to know she has principles.

Man, Clark's just inadvertently headbutting the 'awkward' button with this conversation, isn't he?

Yes, let's let's put the awkward stuff behind you and get on with the plot.

Isn't there anything on your long, long to-do list to check up on?

Blah, mere crime-fighting and 'friendly neighbourhood Lantern' stuff? Bit of a letdown...

Oh, gee, road trip!

Like, say, Mars? Give Clark a chance to see J'onn's hometown...

Not quite a sealed suit, but it'll do for a mundane planet...

...Uh, OL? Aren't you forgetting someone?

Probably find them a bit tough. Assuming they could manage to hurt him.

And there we go! Getting a bit forgetful with all the stress, OL?

Yeah, he'd be likely to start foaming at the mouth and turning red.

...Yeah, I see nothing going wrong with this plan at all... :rolleyes:

I mean, if that's an option on the table...

At least, not without a fair few red sunlight projectors set up and a bit of Gold Kryptonite at hand.

...And suddenly, Clark realises why OL was going about this whole 'realign his moral compass' thing...

Gee, there's a choice. A tight t-shirt, or all that beefcake on full show? x3 Eh, the latter might be a little distracting.

Well, this is either going to go swimmingly well, or Amalak will go on the warpath. Either way, Supes will be getting an eyeful of how OL does things, I suppose. If he's really lucky, Clark might be able to convince Amalak to let go of a little of that anger... Admittedly, there's about as much chance of that as Mammon getting into a snowball fight back home. This will be tense.

24. FreeGod

FreeGod If you see a God on the road fuck it!

The only reason the Clarke identity works at all is because he is so obviously ordinary, but if Clarke is super strong and dating Louis. Well Superman doesn't even wear a mask.

KenNM, Vorian, Splinterface and 8 others like this.
  25. Windona

Windona Beetle Queen of Crackshipping

Hey, not wearing a shirt means that Superman can absorb more sunlight!

More seriously, I don't think anyone expects Amalak to not find out that Superman is Kryptonian. Though there's a good chance that Superman can Do His Thing and make peace with Amalak.

Hey, since Zoat isn't going with YJ Zod... but Zoat, I doubt you saw Syfy's Krypton or are incorporating it so

26. Duke Long

Duke Long Glomerulus

This isn’t actually wrong, I think, but personally I’ve only seen it spelled ‘eyesight’.

It seems a bit mental to still go after remembering Amalak’s stance on kryptonians. I expected Paragon to pick another location when he remembered that. The metahuman idea is okay, but if Amalak sees a metahuman which just so happens to have all the powers of a kryptonian, I feel like there might be a problem.

27. Windona

I can see the logic, since 'flying brick' is a pretty common powerset and I don't remember if Kryptonian powers under yellow sun is well known here

Ardy and Lord Ernest like this.
  28. Old Knife

Old Knife Not too sore, are you?

I think the lesson will go better if he doesn't find out.
    And if Clark decides that he can do better as Clark instead of superman.
    Might get lex to like him better.

29. moralrelativity

moralrelativity Recovering pendant.

to -> too

30. Windona

I mean, Clark and Superman are a two pronged attack. Superman fights obvious supervillains, violent crime, and stops disaster. Clark Kent investigative reporter fights corruption and systematic issues that can't be punched. Often one duty in one identity feeds into the other. It's that way for a lot of heroes with secret IDs