1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Safe For Work Worm Ideas thread

Discussion in 'CW Index' started by Prince Charon, Mar 19, 2014.

1. Thread Necromancer

Thread Necromancer Creator of "mean" and/or "excessive" things

Boom Occult Taylor coming at ya!

Witch's Grimoire​

There was just something about this book that drew me in. When I had found it, it had seemed that it was a miracle that is wasn't even vandalized. Pretty much every book in the pitiful library that Winslow had was vandalized in one way or another ranging from floppy eared books from students back when Winslow was an actual school to ruined pages from hooligans that populated Winslow now a days. The book itself when on the shelf was inconspicuous just a thick nameless black book. Course if one were to pick it up and see the cover the facade of being an innocent book was shattered as it presented a proud pentagram almost like a warning.

Why it seemed to enticing to take was beyond me. It seemed to have an almost supernatural hold onto me, beckoning me to take it. To take it from it's miserable spot on the shelves of a forgotten library. It would be so easy to take it. There wasn't even a librarian to watch over the books and hadn't been for some time. Not even the janitors came in here to clean up the place as evidenced by the thick layers of dust on most of the surfaces. Yet I restrained myself from the book. There is always something sinister about a book when it has a pentagram on it. Even if magic doesn't exist it just seems like a bad idea to take it.

I'm just being paranoid. What could be so bad about a book? Unless it is some sort of weird tinker tech book that shoots fire upon opening but then why would it be here in the Winslow school library and not with its creator. Besides, its in pristine condition. To leave it here would be a sin against literature waiting to be destroyed by a more brutish student. Yes I am just rescuing a book from destruction by the gangers in the school who won't even make it through their second year.

Picking up the book it is surprisingly heavy. Now upon closer inspection it seems more akin to some sort of black tome or some sort of similar magical book. I open the book and try to see what the title is.

What the heck?

I don't understand what any of this means or even is. It looks like it is written in some other language. It doesn't look like any Asian language I have seen in Brockton Bay though maybe the ABB doesn’t have every Asian culture in it like they claim to have. Seems like I will have to do some digging if I want to know what this book is all about. I start to flip through the pages trying to see if there is anything that I might understand but the only thing that comes close to being understandable are the pictures of different pentagrams ranging from simple circle and a star with some symbols to whole arrays of complex and intersecting lines that make little sense and do not seem to have a start or end.

I decide to leave this to puzzle through later as I hear the bell go signalling the end of lunch. Huh I didn't think that I had spent so much time in here. Well it seems to be a good thing that I had finished eating my lunch before searching the shelves. I should defiantly make a note of this place. It seems like a much better place to eat lunch than the bathrooms or the roof despite all the dust around here. I slide the book into my back pack before leaving for my next class. As I left my new found haven that was within my own personal hell I sighed.

Back into the thick of it.

When I got home I pulled out my new treasure. Sure I couldn't read it but some of the pentagrams were surprisingly interesting. I didn't know why but for some reason I wanted to be able to draw them in all their complexity. They were like a beautiful master piece coming together as the pentagrams became more complex as the book got closer to the end.

Well if I want to draw these I might as well start with the simplest one.

The first drawing in the book isn't even a pentagram. It is more two boxes that created a eight pointed star with some glyphs at the corner points and a upside down star contained within the intersecting boxes. Creating the boxes was easy. All I had to do to create them was grab a box and trace the box on the piece of paper I was using to practice drawing the picture within the book. Now the symbols within the overlapping tips were a bit harder and it took a few tries to fix them to how the picture in the book showed it.

Yet something seemed missing from my picture. I couldn't quite put my finger on what it was but mine just looked incomplete. Though try as I might to attempt to find the discrepancy between my drawing and the one in the book there wasn't one. I shrug and put it into one of the drawers of my desk. There was nothing else I could do about it except keep it for later just in case I think of something that could make the feeling of it being incomplete go away.

I waved goodbye as Emma got into her parents car and they drove away. I had wanted Emma to have a sleep over but Mom wouldn't let me. I had begged her and made excuses such as it was my birthday but then Mom said that she couldn't give me my surprise then. I quieted down at that, I wanted my surprise! Besides Mom said that I could have her sleep over tomorrow since this weekend was a long weekend.

Once Emma and her family were out of sight I rushed back in. I want to have my surprise that Mom promised me. I bet it will be something cool like a !@#$%^ or a !@#$%^&*( !@#$%...

What was that!?

Suddenly the world seems less childish, less nostalgic. This wasn't real. This was a dream of one of my birthday parties before Emma betrayed me. I probably wouldn't have even noticed if what ever I had been thinking hadn't suddenly screeched at me for even thinking about… what ever it was. Come to think of it. I don’t remember what the surprise was. It was as if it was suddenly blocked from my brain somehow.

Slowly I walk past the small entrance that we had. Everything was defiantly bigger or at least looked that way to my younger self. I enter the kitchen and see my Mom. I have had dreams like this before, though that never stops me when ever I realizes that I am in a dream from hugging her close in some attempt at gaining comfort from my memories. Sometimes when I have these dreams and I wake up the only thing that keeps me going is the idea that if I die then I won't be able to have these memory dreams again.

"Woah munchkin. Looks like your happy to see me again." Mom says as she pats my head affectionately all the while I snuggle my head into her not wanting to separate from her. We stay like this for a while as she pets my head and I nuzzle into her. Eventually she manages to extract herself from my hugging.

"So my little owl, do you want to see my little surprise for you?"

"Yes please!" I exclaim. Mom giggles as she pulls out a key from her pocket. It was an old fashion key that one would expect to be a prop for some medieval movie. Why did she have a key like that? There shouldn't be any doors here at home that could take it. And why it is so… fuzzy. Almost like I can't focus on it. I know what it generally looks like by if I attempt to get any detail of it I just can't. First the screeching and now this. What is going on?

The two of us start to head into the basement. I remember up until this point and then nothing. I don’t know what is on the other side of the door. Though judging by the fact that I don't remember it was probably underwhelming. Mom opens the door and we head downstairs to the basement where my surprise waits. When inside the basement Mom starts to move some of the junk out of the way that is downstairs to which a door is revealed.

Since when did we have a door down here?

Mom inserts the key into the lock and turns. The door swings open at the slightest touch and inside all I can see is a staircase that leads into the darkness below. Why is this here and what is going on? What is this secret that Mom has for me that is requires going into some secret underground room? This is getting stranger the longer that it is going on. Defiantly some horror vibes here. Mom starts to head down into the darkness and…

!@#$%^&*()_+!

I clamp my hands over my ears as the screech comes back and I fall to my knees. What was that! Why is this happening!? I… I feel liquid on my hands. I pull my hands away from my ears and stare shocked at them. Blood! I'm bleeding! I feel my eyes start to water and I start to wipe away my tears and my hands come back only bloodier. Wha!? What is happening to me!? What is going on!? I feel a hand on my shoulder and I look up to see Mom and she has a…

!@#$%^&*()_+!!!

"AHH!" I scream as the screech comes back and wracks my head with pain again.

"Shh shh. It will pass. Just let me help you." I hear mom but it is somewhat muffled.

Mom. Please mom help me. Please Mommy. Help.

Suddenly I start to feel better. My hearing starts to return to normal and I started to stop crying. Opening my eyes again I see my Mom's worried face and that it is casted in a red glow. I'm not sure I want to see the secret anymore. That actually hurt. This is a dream. It isn't supposed to hurt! What is this!? Is this some sort of masters illusion or something?

"Mommy" I cried out as I once again started to hug her close crying into her shirt as the pain finally started to leave me.

"There we go. Shh it's over honey. You won't hurt anymore. Now lets get downstairs to your surprise. Ok?" I sniffle a bit as I slowly nod my head. I let myself be guided down the stairs towards the surprise. I didn't want to have my surprise anymore. Not after this. Not after what was happening to me. Yet I could not say no to Mom. Even if she was just a figment from my memory I could not say no to her. Not since her death. I could never say no to her after she died.

When we reached the bottom what I saw shocked me. The room was lit with torches that hung on the walls. From the center of the room branching outwards were roots from our tree in the backyard heading into pools at the edges of the circular room. Finally in the center was a pentagram. It shone a deep red in the center of the secret room. Mom guided me to the center of the complex pentagram and had me stand there.

"Now let the blood on your hands fall." Bewildered I looked up at her who stood at the edge of the circle marking the boundary of the pentagram. Unable to say no I let the blood drop.

!@#$%^&*()_+!!!!!!!!!

I woke up in a cold sweat. I could feel it dripping from my ears and my eyes. Blood. Getting up from my bed I knew what the sigil I had drawn was missing. Franticly I stumbled out of bed and headed for my desk that I had left my drawing in. I reached for it and placed it onto my desk. I take a shaky breath before I let the blood drop onto it.

Suddenly my world shatters.

2. Prince Charon

Prince Charon Just zis guy, you know?

Ooh, this is interesting.

3. Visual Pun

Visual Pun Reawakening Revenant (i.e. 'Venant'?)

So, I got pointed to QQ after posting my Worm story on Fan Fiction, Sufficient Velocity and Space Battles. Figured I might as well go for one more forum once I get approved by the Mods, that is.

Here's the first chapter. I'll give it it's own thread after I've jumped through the correct hoops.

Tertiary[/B]]
    Tertiary

Amakudari 1.1
    January 3rd, 2011: Glass doors to the emergency room swept open to let an admitting nurse meet a team of paramedics unloading a gurney from their ambulance.

"Teenage female found shoved into a locker filled with biohazardous materials, unresponsive at scene, BP 120 over..."

"Whoa, whoa, WHOA!" The admitting nurse interrupted the Paramedic, "Jesus Christ , couldn't you brush the bugs off of her?"

"We tried, but she's still covered in all that crap."

"The hospital was fumigated just last week," the nurse said, "I'm going to go get that bug fogger I bought this morning, she needs it more than my apartment does."

"Put an oxygen mask on her, we'll get started when she gets back."

April 1st, 2011: I woke up with the alarm, took my regular morning jog, showered and got ready as usual. The feeling of dread at going to school was still there, but no sensation of butterflies in the stomach was going to halt what I had prepared for this day. I ran down the extensive checklist in my head yet again as I gathered all the necessary bugs within my range.

January 4th: I struggled back to consciousness and looked around the blurry, unfamiliar room. Teal cabinets, white sheets, and chrome railings around her bed came more or less recognizable even without glasses.
    "I'm in a hospital" I thought.

"...a sptimnhet of bnaanas fserh form Bizarl ctserouy of the cpae Sedritr..."

Memories of the ordeal in the locker rushed back, but I forced them aside and pushed the call button. I heard the chime sound down the hall at the nurse's station and the squeak of tennis shoes of tile walking towards my room.

...letcoad on Lrod Seret beweten the Lrarbiy and ftifh ..."

"Hi honey," the nurse said when she entered my room, "You're awake already, that's a very good sign. Do you know where you are?"

"...and now weehtar with our own ..."

"Um, in a hospital... but I don't know which one... " I said. "Have you called my Dad yet? He's Danny Hebert and he works at the Dockworkers Association..."

"... the lnog rgane fsoercat, caler and clod Wadensedy and Trudsahy,..."

"Oh sure, honey, " said the nurse, "He's in a conference room yelling at a school district representative right now. I'll be sure to let him know you're up."

"...Fardiy wtih one to tehre ihecns of amcuctuloain, and hviaeer sonw epxceted oevr the weneekd..."

"OK, um, sorry. That TV is a little distracting"

"Wow, you've got crazy good hearing. The only TV on in this wing is in the waiting room at the end of the hall."

"...form all of us hree at cnahenl two nwes, gongohidt Bortokn Bay..."

"Taylor! Thank goodness you're awake!" my father said as he crushed me in a big bear hug.

I focused my attention on my Dad and I hugged him back. The muffled sound of the TV faded into the background, a lone spider spinning its web in the opposite corner of the waiting room.

"Hi Dad" I said coming to breakfast with Danny. He was reading the paper. I was unsure if I should bring up the bullying now or... No, that die has been cast. Gotta go through with it. We finished breakfast, Danny said goodbye and drove to work.
    I picked up my bags, locked the door and headed to the bus stop.

January 6th: Taylor went out for her second ever morning jog even though it had snowed, but taking that excuse now would just lead to more excuses later. She reached out and sensed bugs in crawlspaces under lots of homes, and all over inside the Smith's place, empty ever since they went on vacation last year and got caught in Behemoth's latest attack. The cold and fatigue wore at her, but she pushed to go just a little farther than yesterday, Satisfied, Taylor turned to go home and got a clump of snow down her back from a jostled tree branch.

"Just perfect." Taylor thought.

Her bus arrived at Winslow, but Taylor had got off the stop before to better avoid any of her regular bullies or their cohorts in the crowds. She saw some poor guy getting kicked in the butt over and over again, until he turned around and pulled off the 'Kick Me' sign taped to his back. At least it's enough of a distraction for her to toss the old duffel bag into the shrubs in front of the school. As the last students get to class hundreds of Black Widows emerge from the duffel bag into the crawlspace beneath the school trailing silk, braiding it as they go. The bag suddenly is yanked inside by the lines of silk to leave no evidence behind.

January 17th: It was hard to believe it had taken that long for the school to pay for her medical bills and settle, but the inevitability of her return to school had finally happened. Of course the bullying picked up again right away. Emma and Madison pretended she was invisible until Sophia knocked her into a garbage can. Taylor made it to her first class, Computers with Mrs. Knott, and found her school email folder completely filled with abuse. Taylor choked back a sob, not willing to let this beat her down, even though she felt alone and outnumbered.

Then she sensed all the bugs in the crawlspace beneath the entire building, in the walls, everywhere. A slow smile formed as Taylor realized she would never be outnumbered ever again.

Taylor felt calm as she created an entire new mail account and caught up on the class assignments she had missed during her absence.

Taylor had finished today's computer assignment in Mrs. Knott's class half an hour ago and focused on maneuvering all the pieces into place for later. The bell to signal the end of class was about to ring and on her way out of the classroom, her favorite and most sympathetic teacher stopped Taylor to talk.

"Honestly dear, no one would have blamed you if you decided to skip. Especially today."

"I know Mrs. Knott, but I'm not going to let a few pranks get the better of me."

Taylor raced through the halls to Mr. Gladly's class, she ducked and weaved around the slower students since it seemed every guy who thought he could get into Madison or Emma's pants tried to score points with a trip, shove or... Taylor ducked when whatshisface from Art class pulled out a can of what turned out to only be silly string. Although she wouldn't have put it past Emma to get someone to try and use actual spray paint to tag her, especially after that 'Your shirt looks like it could use some mustard' bit had put the cafeteria at the top of her no-go zones last May.

January 20th: Tripped down the stairs by Sophia after lunch, Taylor limped through the rest of the school day. She passed the Smith's vacant house on her way home. Hadn't their son played soccer? He surely wouldn't have taken his shin guards on vacation, would he? Taylor decided to try a little bug-assisted breaking and entering, happy at figuring out how to unlock the service door to the garage using the cockroaches inhabiting the kitchen. Maybe they had a first aid kit too...

Taylor tracked everyone in the school with a bug or three for over two months and it was second nature by now. Even if she couldn't always avoid the bullying, at least she led them into dust-ups between the ABB and E88 wanna-be kids every so often. Alone in the History classroom for a few more moments, Taylor tipped her backpack under Madison's desk and directed bugs on their way with their cargoes.

February 1st: Apparently the spiders had gone on autopilot spinning silk into her costume while she was gone at school. The leg continued to taper almost to a point, with only an inch round hole remaining. Maybe she could cut it off and turn the cone of spider silk into a sock or something. It was just too bad the most effective weaving only happened while she was there to guide the spiders. If only... Taylors train of thought came to a sudden halt as she saw the old duffel bag she had taken to camp under the stairs. She was already wearing shin guards and kneepads under her baggy clothing, why not have a few continue to weave while she wore her costume under her clothes, and bring along a few more to weave squares of silk underneath the school during the day. She could even bring back bugs to feed the spiders at home and leave some to feed on the bugs beneath Winslow.

Madison swanned into the room as if she owned the place, smirked at Taylor with a look of disgust and chatted with her friend Julia until Mr. Gladly began the lesson. Of course Madison would have covered the seat of her desk in glue had Taylor not arrived first. Mr. Gladly, purposefully oblivious as always to his favorites, hadn't even noticed any of the past weeks action against her. At least this time what goes around came around as the start of the lecture was interrupted when Mr. Gladly discovered the whoopie cushion beneath the pillow on his stool only when it was too late. When the class erupted in laughter Taylor took advantage of the opportunity to prepare for later. As predicted, Madison went to sharpen her pencil in order to knock her books to the floor yet again, giving Taylor the opening she needed .

February 10th: Even though the completed armored costume trousers kept most injuries from happening, especially that 'accidental' broom handle whacked across her shins yesterday, it was the emotional punishment which was so hard to bear. So she thought of her mother's flute as a talisman of... she wasn't even sure anymore. Not after it had been vandalized so thoroughly. Those bitches regularly took so much pleasure reminding her how they destroyed something she valued above everything else , so in return she would destroy something each of them valued.

Her wanderings home brought her near Emma's neighborhood. A derelict outbuilding nearby was infested with termites... No, too obvious. Especially when she came out as a bug-controlling Hero. So... no direct bug attacks. No secondary effects which could only be caused by bugs, like termite damage either. She'd need to go a further level removed.

The bell rang and Mr. Gladly's class ended. Madison stood up with a twirl, lightly flaring her skirt which was a little too short for the cool of spring. Madison exited with Julia and other hangers on, and she could detect Emma, Sophia and others gathering. Taylor took a deep calming breath, steeled her resolve and strode out of the classroom.

February 18th: WHOOF Sophia sneered above her as Taylor struggled and failed to remain upright after being punched in the solar plexus the instant she stepped through the door into Art Class. She couldn't breathe...Taylor had detected the tick burrowed under the skin at the base of Sophia's neck, but she expected a regular shove, not to end up lying paralyzed, gasping for breath on the floor.

Holy pink fairy armadillo dicks, that was too much! Other students gasped, but remained cowed into silence, knowing any action to help her would condemn them as well.

Fuck it.

Taylor summoned a hornet from the nest underneath the boiler room. It took a few minutes for the formerly hibernating insect to find its way to her classroom, and it finally crawled though the grate and dive bombed Sophia. Mandibles bit just above Sophia's hairline which caused her tormentor to flinch, but when the hornet attempted to sting it... couldn't. Sophia reached up and crushed it before there was any second attempt. But how... Weird.

Emma and Sophia met Madison, Julia and the other hangers-on at the base of the stairs. To their surprise Taylor turned away from them and merged with the traffic flowing to the Cafeteria. "So the loser's not running away to one of her regular hidey-holes," Sophia noted snidely, "Big mistake."

February 21st: Good thing she'd started on Madison's stuff the previous week, because that sucker-punch last Friday moved Sophia to her top priority. She would have followed her tormentor home that day, but the out-of-town Track Meet had denied her that possibility. It was weird actually staying after school for a change instead of racing to leave this hellhole, especially noting the flow of individuals and groups by the bugs planted on them as they left for the day, met up with friends, or like Sophia participated in afterschool activities.

Now would be a perfect opportunity to put athlete's foot fungus in Sophia's street shoes, if only she knew how. Taylor directed bugs into Sophia's locker to burrow a small hole in the left shoe instep padding and plant a small chunk of gravel there as a consolation prize. A few students hung out in the bleachers as the coaches put the athletes through their paces. Eventually Taylor realized there were drug deals happening beneath the bleachers as one kid after another walked up to a Merchant gang member and left once their business completed. Eventually Track practice ended and ... Sophia just made a drug deal?! While she was in the shower cockroaches investigated and felt something hard, smooth, curved. Little bottles? Also crinkly plastic packages, syringes maybe. Taylor tried to follow Sophia home, but instead of the bus she was sure Sophia should have taken, she instead got into a van which drove the other way.

'I'll just have to try again tomorrow' Taylor thought.

Taylor was among the first to find a seat since she wasn't waiting in line for food like almost everyone else. She picked a table with her back to the wall and near an exit so she could run if her plans went south. Taylor opened her backpack and placed her art project on the table to work on it a little more before class next period. Moments later Emma, Sophia, Madison and their clique entered the Cafeteria. Emma scanned the room and smirked when she spotted Taylor. With a nod to the others the mob of bullies bore down upon her. Spiders in the vents and on the ceiling and mixed swarms on top of fluorescent light fixtures made themselves ready.

March 1st: It took a solid week until she tracked down where Sophia lived. Taylor got on the bus a stop before Winslow, and hid while Sophia got on and stayed busy on her phone almost the whole time. Then she pulled out a second phone and put it away after a glance. Sophia exited the bus and ran home, going upstairs to her room as the bus moved beyond Taylor's range but still within sight of the next bus stop where Taylor walked back up the hill to Sophia's home. She'd explain to her Dad she just forgot the time while studying at the city Library. Taylor brought in more bugs to investigate the row house when Taylor realized Sophia wasn't there. She sent more bugs inside through vents and up through the walls from cracks in the basement. Sophia's backpack was in the entryway, her clothes were in her room with the tracking bugs still on them, but Sophia herself had vanished. What. The. Fuck?

When her tormentors approached her table in the cafeteria, Taylor sent her bugs into action.

"Time to go Carrie ..." Taylor whispered softly.

Fishyface, tertius and doomlord9 like this.
  4. Dr. Mercurious

Dr. Mercurious Not too sore, are you?

There's more than one way to go Carrie, and this Taylor chooses the most HILARIOUS method. I hope it continues past the bullies into her crime-fighting career, because the criminals will take up drinking heavily as a consequence. The only TWO that might survive are the E88 because they're the most competent and insular, and the Undersiders because Lisa. Coil will be found in a closet somewhere sobbing, the ABB will blow themselves up out of sheer paranoia and the Merchants may stop running after three states.

Only problem I see is Jack showing up at this Taylor's door with a bouquet of flowers...

5. Visual Pun

Visual Pun Reawakening Revenant (i.e. 'Venant'?)

Ok, the Tertiary thread starts here: https://forum.questionablequesting.com/threads/tertiary-worm.2951/

Just a note, I only post a chapter after the next one is done and I've had time to go back and smooth transitions and drop at least one Easter Egg about upcoming events into the finished chapter. So a long hiatus followed by a really short chapter is actually a good thing.

....and about your guesses, the title of the fic "Tertiary" is a clue into my decision process. If there's a choice to be made by Taylor then the first way is how it gets handled in canon, the second is how it would be handled in most fanfics, and the third choice is the way I'll handle it.

Or to maul a turn of phrase: Two roads diverged in a yellow wood and I... turned and wandered off into the weeds, cuz fuck roads, man.

Dr. Mercurious likes this.
  6. pheonix89

pheonix89 Wanna be game dev

So, I just acquired new headcanon as to why Alexandria's death went down the way it did in canon courtesy of helian05's short piece here. Go read it. It's amazing.

7. Master of Squirrel-fu

Master of Squirrel-fu The Original

Hmm, Worm AU where Eden didn't Nerf Contessa so she went and destroyed Zion before canon and then went back to become god queen of her planet. Back on Earth Bet without Cauldron oversite to manage certain parahumans but equally to not protect others and a lack of protectorate the world ends up a much different place. The story Starts with Taylor being sent off to The Bird Cage, as Transhumanism is outlawed, and all parahumans are to be sent to the prison in on an Alternate Earth. They are too much of a threat to leave around but they are still unwilling to simply outright genocide them all, so exile to an alternate universe Island was the next best thing.

So Taylor end up waking up on the ship that takes them there, along side Sophia, Parian, and Browbeat.

Dr. Mercurious likes this.
  8. Xilph

Xilph Well worn.

Wouldn't that require parahuman powers/tech to get them there and putting all the parahumans together without oversight lead to them just coming back so they get all the modern luxuries they'd like?

Prince Charon likes this.
  9. OverReactionGuy

OverReactionGuy The only Sane one left

And a few parahumans to not well, completely destroy the Governments. Thinkers are scary when you don't have your own thinkers to use against them.

10. Master of Squirrel-fu

They make use of a few useful ones, usually thinker and tinkers. The prison is kept by the strongest parahumans who generally stay around to keep being dictators of super armies and don't trust each other enough to launch a coordinated bid for freedom.

11. Xilph

Xilph Well worn.

That's great once it's established but how did it get to the point where they hated each other more than living with access to nothing of a modern lifestyle, and with only a few major factions one should stumble upon a power capable of doing it sooner or later in which case you've now got a super army coming back to beat up Earth Bet. Leet for example would seem like a relatively unremarkable tinker at first, but has a power versatile enough they might be able to make something to get them out.

12. Master of Squirrel-fu

The same reason noone escaped the birdcage plot. Also a dragon.

13. vyor

vyor Oh that's cute

Let's see what this would cause... oh yes:
    [​IMG]

Because, you know, sending people to jail for something that they can't control is, I don't know, bigotry?

I mean, dear god, the US isn't fucking North Korea.

14. Master of Squirrel-fu

The difference here is that being born with a different skin color doesn't let you Accidentally a city. Or the global economy. Or the government of a major world power. There probably was quite a bit of chaos soon after the the beginings of the legislation that cause quite a bit of a stir, and that only lead to escalation on both sides until the current from which went from forced registration and possible lobotomy of the parahuman section of the brain for certain cases to "Throw them in Super Jail!".

15. Metallix666

Metallix666 Versed in the lewd.

You realise you are basically repeating the Marvel Civil war arc? (your certainly using the same arguments) from what I understand it wasn't very popular.

ZipLopz, Prince Charon, vyor and 2 others like this.
  16. vyor

vyor Oh that's cute

Ya, no. Doesn't pan out.

17. OverReactionGuy

This type of thing has been plotted out before in the SV worm idea thread and derailed it thoroughly for a few days and produce 3 crappy snippets.

I kinda wished that it wouldn't appear here. This argument does not need to be had again.

Dr. Mercurious and Prince Charon like this.
  18. Master of Squirrel-fu

The characterization wasn't good in that, the premise and idea had some merit to become something interesting. And I'm not repeating that, it basically happened in the past. This is more like a Post Civil War, or more likely post Anti-Mutants Winning kinda story. The outside world and it's motives don't really mater so much, since the entire thing is taking place in the Birdcage with the characters' attempts to survive Lord Of The Flies with Super Humans. And it's honestly not that much more hard to believe than real people suddenly gaining super powers leads to classic Comic Book Hero/Villain dynamics across most cultures and nations with radically different viewpoints, morals, and entertainment media?

TL;DR SoD is your friend, don't focus on the one AU element that is only there to facilitate the actual story and plot and not part of the plot itself. The plot is about Taylor and Co surviving on an alternate earth (Earth Peta) filled with other super powered people with unknown motivations and most of whom would probably kill them for the slightest benefit. The prison plot is just an easy way to get tons of other worm characters to appear with them when needed.

daimahou likes this.
  19. Metallix666

To me, it sounds more like battle royal than lord of the flies.

However, there are ways to get what you want without starting the whole morality debate.

Idea:

Eden and Scion discovered a new idea at the end of the last cycle and earth was due to be the first test,
    When someone triggers, a shard attaches to them but does not give them powers. Instead, it creates an exact copy of that person, physically and mentally on a predesignated earth.

The original carries on with their life unaffected, while the copy on another earth is given powers.

The idea was for the copies to fight/survive and when/if they died Scion or Eden could effectively restore them from backup (the original). In theory, this would give them an endless supply of data. Of course, cauldrons interference kills the entities but the shards a continue on regardless.

The earth they are being dumped on has food/water but no humans so the copies can survive and of course, the copies of course don't know they are copies. without the entities to judge or ress people, any copy killed is dead for good. The death of the copy doesn't effect the original.

You still get your isolated on an earth plot without having to worry about people complaining about human rights etc.

doomlord9, TanaNari and daimahou like this.
  20. Master of Squirrel-fu

Seems legit. Only thing is that it would mean no one knows about powers prior to arriving.

21. Metallix666

Inserted knowledge or increased numbers of thinkers?

Let's face it, in this setting Tinkers have very little life expectancy and Thinkers would be quick to start allying themselves with anyone powerful enough to protect them. I'd expect War lords to quickly start forming and newbie capes to be prised

Eg: find a new trigger, explain everything to them, help them find there feet so they end up being loyal to you etc

22. Heather_Sinclair

Heather_Sinclair Verified Force User

Sorry, it was the first thing that popped into my mind. It was either this or a bunch of naked girls protesting, and I figured since this is QQ you've had enough of that.

[​IMG]

23. TanaNari

TanaNari Verified Dick

And the Endbringers exist to kick down any sandcastle that gets too big, I suppose. So no civilization worth mentioning can really exist.

Probably also need an alt of Dragon to be an evil industrial base generating robot monsters to go out and kill parahumans. Great excuse for providing equipment for Tinkers to use as well.

Endbringers go after her as well, but she only has small bases scattered throughout different regions... losing one isn't that big a deal...

ParaDXThrowaway and Metallix666 like this.
  24. Muroshi9

Muroshi9 I'm so ronery So ronery So ronery and sadly arone

so clone Heros vs Kaiju vs Skynet... fun.

25. Master of Squirrel-fu

The Adventures of Evil Yamada.

Skidmark looked down on the little asian woman who had just wander up to him in the middle of a rally and ridiculed him.

"The fuck you say bitch?" He held his hand to his ear, "I swear I think I just heard you say 'oh Skiddy please hold me down and plug my bitch mouth with your giant D while everyone watches!'"

"Ah, sorry, I probably wasn't saying it clearly enough," The woman stepped forward intimidated. She pulled out a cigarette from her coat pocket and placed it in her mouth, "I said your name is shit."

The man saw red, "You Bitch! That's it everyone of these fuck maggots is gonna get a turn f-"

"Ah, no. You misunderstood me," She held up her hand to silence him, "I mean litterally your name is shit."

Skidmark said nothing, his throat too clenched in anger to enunciate a single syllable. If the Doctor knew of her effect on his temper she didn't deign to show it.

"I mean... your name is Skidmark," She explained, even going so far as to gesture with her hands to pantomime the train of logic, "As in Shit stains in your drawers. You named yourself after shit. Therefore your name is shit. You are Shit Stain. I mean for anyone else I might think they would have been ignorant but... well, I have to know. Why would you name yourself after shit stains?"

"..." Skidmark twitched mouth open.

"Is it because deep down inside you only think of yourself as just a worthless pile of shit?"

The man was practically vibrating. He moved forward... and fell to his knees crying like a bitch.

"YES!" He sobbed, "It's all true! I can't do anything, I'm just shiiiiit!"

He simple sat there crying until he felt a weight on his shoulder and saw the girl standing giving him some support.

"There there, I'm sure it's not that bad. In fact, I think I have idea to turn you're whole life around!"

Skidmarks eyes widened and he looked up at the asian hoving above him with undisguised hope. His awe filled eyes followed her hand as she reached back into her pocket and pulled out a small plastic object and put it into his waiting hand.

"Remember," She said cheerfully, patting his head with her free hand, while moving his thumb to extend the blade, "It's 'Down the Lane, Not across the Street' you might as well do one thing right in your worthless life!"

modigar, TheWarlord, ZipLopz and 7 others like this.
  26. DoggySoup

DoggySoup I trust you know where the happy button is?

I'm pretty sure those snippets were done by me to make fun of the "Maybe superjews is a great idea" camp.

Because that's what it all boils down to. Superjews in Supercamps with Superpowers and Super stars of david getting super angry.

27. OverReactionGuy

Actually, think it was another guy that did it. Don't remember what pages they were on in the SV thread so I can't be sure. But I do remember the person that did it took it seriously and wasn't a joke to him so it probably wasn't you.

28. DoggySoup

DoggySoup I trust you know where the happy button is?

Was it the one with the prison and Taylor on some Blackops killsquad?

29. OverReactionGuy

Nope.

It was the one where everyone had a device or something that monitored the precise moment when people triggered, or managed to hold back people triggering somehow, then Taylor mother or father, whatever called her a monster, called the the cops while Taylor was still unconscious and then getting shot by said cops as they tried to do the same to Taylor.

It was Lisa's fault that Taylors device malfunctioned btw.

Then there was another snippet with the same concept basically that had Emma and Taylor go through MRIs at their new highschool and they both triggered but were hiding that fact before hand, ended up on the run and then again, I believe they met Tattletale and were about to join a resistance movement or something.

Haven't read the black ops one I believe.

30. Nervaqus987

Nervaqus987 Well worn.

You mean the one that was like the Suicide Squad except with no super powers and barely any more training or equipment than a normal Black Ops type of squad would have?