1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

I will become God-King of the World! [Exalted/Code Geass] (DEAD)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Alexander, Jan 15, 2014.

1. Odysseus2099

Odysseus2099 Versed in the lewd.

Re: I will become God-King of the World! [Exalted/???]

[X]Anima Banner: Lady Justice http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c5/Proc_65824_DSC_0056_jpg.jpg
    [X]Virtue Flaw: Deliberate Cruelty.

There are nine soldiers pointing their guns at you.
    [X] Use Hypnotic Tongue Technique to convince the soldiers their comrades are traitors. Leave while they're distracted.

Changed vote, see below.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  2. ShadowAngelBeta

ShadowAngelBeta Well worn.

Reading the description for Insane difficulty I have to ask... Was that when it got so difficult it goes right back to being easy because with All the Sidereels trying to kill us... Well, backfire shenanigans would be hilarious if nothing else. And they end up screwing up everyone else's plans because Sidereels and Plans.

3. Pipeman

Pipeman Well worn.

The Usurpation may have ultimately backfired horribly, but the fact of the matter is that it still went anything but well for the Solars so I wouldn't have counted on this.

4. Carrnage

Carrnage Well worn.

Nah Sidereal actions go according to plan, but they have huge downsides long afterwards.

5. Silversun17

Silversun17 Connoisseur.

allow me to refer you to the taco cart scale (how many sidereals invovled in a taco cart chain and what that does)

1 sidereal= they found a chain of taco carts that make really good tacos
    10 sidereals= they found a chain of taco carts that make really good tacos and invent a additive to the meat that makes them addictive; they then promotly start squabbling over whats better: tacos, hotdogs or hamburgers.
    50 sidereals= the taco cart becomes self aware and kills it's masters.
    100= the taco cart comes alive, kills the sidereals, and attempts to conquer creation in a devastating war.

6. darklord

darklord Versed in the lewd.

[X]Choose Anima Banner
    the king and his army
    http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/x/chessman-king-leader-12019092.jpg
    only the pieces are black

Lelouch has gained the Solar Exalted Eclipse Caste.

Choose a Virtue Flaw. You can choose between the Conviction and Compassion Virtues.

Virtue Flaw
    [X] All The World For One (Compassion) - One under the sway of this flaw cannot consider anything holy but those they care about before themselves. The big picture is broken down into small pictures and only the most personally important remains. Love and hate are the only sentiments with weight.

Uncontrolled: The Solar cannot act against any intimacy they have unless another intimacy is in conflict with it, in which case one intimacy must be prioritized. Nobody who is not subject to a positive intimacy of the Solar will register to their compassion, and indeed, they cannot channel compassion except where it springs from love for a positive intimacy. The Solar will additionally find themselves compelled to manipulate and use others to benefit the subjects of their positive intimacies, while blighting the fortune of their negative intimacies.

Partial Control: The Solar may only act against their intimacies at a -2 internal penalty, and they only feel Compassion towards the subjects of positive intimacies. They are under no particular compulsion to force the hapless bystanders against their negative intimacies, nor to benefit their positive intimacies.

Break Condition: Seeing the subject of a positive intimacy suffer due to the actions of another, or the subject of a negative intimacy thrive through their own actions.

Duration: Two days.

this if from hero quest it was never used

Akuma-Heika likes this.
  7. Robotninja

Robotninja Connoisseur.

This is the worst idea of Sidereals ever. Sidereal plans are like nukes. Yes, they will get the job done. No, using them is still not worth the trouble, because they cause so much other shit down the road. But they do not fail. They just fuck up tons of other stuff and make problems for everyone else.

There is a reason one of my Twilight Caste Solars seriously considered killing them and replacing them with Chaos Seers to keep track of destiny instead after he figured a method of mitigating the Great Geas. for them. Just blame the Geas on Sidereals.

8. Dark Lord Bob

Dark Lord Bob Know what you're doing yet?

Wait... Compassion is our highest Virtue? Well, that can be dealt with. Two suggestions for Flaws:

Foolish Compassion

The character is overcome with anger over the improper
    treatment of his fellow man. He can no longer bear to see
    others abused and mistreated, and will do ANYTHING
    he can to see that justic is served. For a number of days
    equal to his Compassion, he will meet any obstacle,
    challenge any foe, and fight any battle for his chosen
    protectorate. He simply will not tolerate injustice or
    abuse of any sort, and will go to any extreme to see
    wrongs righted.

Limit Break Condition: The character witnesses
    innocents suffering at the hands of those more powerful
    than they.

Or

Imprudent Infatuation
    The character has the unfortunate tendency to become romantically obsessed at the drop of a hat. When the character's limit breaks, he will fall head-over-heels in love with someone whom he considers attractive, and has met under stressful circumstances. The results can range from the merely embarassing, such as spending weeks attempting to court a comely shepherdess rescued from a landslide, to the downright suicidal, such as storming a Deathlord's castle in a desperate attempt to confess undying love to a beautiful deathknight. No matter how unsuitable the object, the character's infatuation knows no bounds. He will be incapable of thinking of anything aside from his beloved, probably spending much of his time composing overwrought poetry and the rest stalking the unfortunate person like a love-struck teenager. He may even go so far as to threaten suicide if anyone tries to deny him his love. The character will come to his senses after a number of days equal to his Compassion score, but until then, not even overt scorn or violence from his beloved will dissuade him.

Trigger: The character witnesses someone attractive in peril or duress (even if the character himself is the cause of that duress).

If we could have Conviction as our highest Virtue I would have suggested Heart of Flint.

9. ShadowAngelBeta

ShadowAngelBeta Well worn.

Ahhh... Ok thanks for clearing that up. I thought their plans just backfired, not that they worked and then had horrible consequences down the line. I'll remember that.

10. Scia

Scia Not too sore, are you?

Hmh its nice to see that so far my charm get accepted without problems. The downsides of my chosen chamrset is that we later need to buy a attack charm. And that depending on our GMs reading a knightmare is either handled like : A Warstrider (a sort of exalted mecha) ie a suit of armor.
    A Animal which we would need to invest in ride charm, upside we got ride as caste ability and there is stuff like "make my animal fly"
    Sail, like a airship, the same thoughts as with the ride charms would apply and we instead would get charms that are quite good booster.

And we could also exchange meele for dodge as dodging gunfire is less strange then blocking it with a pencil. The downside to that is that we might need to invest in a separate martial ability.
    And at the moment meele is chosen so we would need archery/firearms to get something ranged.

11. kinglugia

kinglugia A Randy Avian

[X] Lulu Lelouch
    ...I never watched any of these two, but I shall see whether Lulu can be NOT asshole when controlled by us.
    Also, less resources to make Knightmare because Solar.

12. cyberswordsmen

cyberswordsmen I trust you know where the happy button is?

Most of the stats make sense except for appearance. He just isn't that 5 dots worth of pretty. It would make sense to move one or two of those dots into manipulation or charisma.

Probably not optimal for the build but it is more in character.

13. Scia

And we got 3 free charms as the meele build does not work.Okay we can`t buy a self defence charm as we lack a fighting ability.
    We could learn taboo inflicting diatribe which would make a Meme accepted in a small group like "the behaviour towards Japanese" is wrong and make it as powerfull as "killing is bad"
    Wise eyed courtier method would go in the same direction and is large scale social change.
    we could also buy a archer excelency

Well if we invest in a dice adder in awareness we can either start to look throught walls or learn a charm that make all of our attacks count as aimed and increase our defense against attacks that we are aware off if we buy Panoptic Fusion Discipline

14. Alexander

Alexander That is not dead which can eternal lie

List of proposed Anima Banner:
    [X] A Legion of Knights, all bearing the mark of The Unconquered Sun upon their shields.
    [X] A radiant, blind angel with flowing hair ("Nunnally")
    [X] Lady Justice http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c5/Proc_65824_DSC_0056_jpg.jpg
    [X] The king and his army http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/x/chessman-king-leader-12019092.jpg (only the pieces are black)

List of proposed Virtue Flaw:
    [X] Compassionate Martyrdom
    [X] Deliberate Cruelty.
    [X] All The World For One (Compassion) (see darklord's post)
    [X] Foolish Compassion (see Dark Lord Bob's post)
    [X] Imprudent Infatuation (see Dark Lord Bob's post)
    [X] Heart of Flint

HTT requires Touch to work, so you need to choose who to target.
    Both Compassion and Conviction are your highest Virtue, both with a rating of 3. So Heart of Flint is viable.
    http://0-media-cdn.foolz.us/ffuuka/board/a/image/1376/56/1376562099131.png

My reasonings are as follow: Lelouch is both charismatic and manipulative, but there are times when he fails (failing to gain instant trust of the Black Knights the first time they meet him as Zero, failing to make Suzaku change side). He is still inexperienced. Appearance instead is rated 5 because he has a fan club is the most sought bachelor on campus, despite him not being a noble.

15. Dark Lord Bob

Dark Lord Bob Know what you're doing yet?

[X] A Legion of Knights, all bearing the mark of The Unconquered Sun upon their shields.
    [X] Heart of Flint

16. kinglugia

kinglugia A Randy Avian

[X] Heart of Flint

17. Scia

[X] A radiant, blind angel with flowing hair
    [X] Imprudent Infatuation
    [X]Mob-Dispersing Rebuke
    "FLEE!"

Ie they should have Valor 3 and now have to roll 2 sucess. hich mean that 64.8 of them run , but as they used the lowest dificult one of them should have 2 or even a 1 as extra so we can presume that they will flee from us for a scene as the extras that they are.

18. Ephemeral_Dreamer

Ephemeral_Dreamer Not too sore, are you?

I don't know a lot about Exalted so I'm gonna avoid talking about Charms or Virtue Flaws.
    Regarding the banner though... how about:
    [x] A map of the world going up in flames and rising as a Phoenix to the sky

19. MHLord

MHLord Why hello there.

[X] A map of the world going up in flames and rising as a Phoenix to the sky
    [X] All The World For One

20. Alexander

Tally so far:

Banner
    (Silversun17, Dark Lord Bob, kinglugia, Uruloki
    [X] A radiant, blind angel with flowing hair ("Nunnally")
    (Nekraa, Scia
    [X] Lady Justice http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c5/Proc_65824_DSC_0056_jpg.jpg
    (Odysseus2099
    [X] The king and his army http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/x/chessman-king-leader-12019092.jpg only the pieces are black
    (darklord
    [X] A map of the world going up in flames and rising as a Phoenix to the sky
    (Ephemeral_Dreamer, MHLord

Virtue Flaw
    [X] Compassionate Martyrdom (See corebook, page 104)
    (Nekraa
    [X] Virtue Flaw: Deliberate Cruelty.
    (
    [X] All The World For One (Compassion)
    (darklord, MHLord, Odysseus2099
    [X] Heart of Flint
    (Dark Lord Bob, kinglugia
    (Scia, Uruloki

Strategy
    [X] Use Hypnotic Tongue Technique to convince the soldiers their comrades are traitors. Leave while they're distracted.
    (
    [X] Mob-Dispersing Rebuke: "FLEE!"
    (Scia, Odysseus2099

Knightmare Frame read under the Ride Ability. For now: start adding Solar technology on them and their classification will probably change.

21. Uruloki

Uruloki Getting out there.

22. Odysseus2099

Odysseus2099 Versed in the lewd.

Changed vote.
    Anima:
    Virtue Flaw:

Plan

23. Alexander

Tally updated. I'll considered the Anima Banner and the Virtue Flaw final, but I am giving you more time to think about the strategy to use.

24. Scia

The downside with the mob dispersing is that some people might stand around and try to shot us.
    BTW how do horse summoning whistles and knightmares interact?

But then at the moment I am not seeing a way for us to talk them out of attacking us with solar social fu /respective a more effective solar charm
    Ah wait we could also learn Respect Comanding attitude and then force them to fall victim to us in social combat but I am unsure if that would work as I am not around my books at the moment and only got Anathema to look it up.

25. Alexander

Anima Banner:
    Virtue Flaw:

Strategy:

No Stunt
    Enemy's Morale is: 3
    Difficulty: 2

Rolling...

[blockquote]Rolled 3d10 : 10, 4, 10, total 24[/blockquote]

Update coming...

26. kinglugia

kinglugia A Randy Avian

And thus we win by 2...
    Yay?

27. Alexander

The contrary I am afraid. I rolled for the bad guys.
    -----

Yes, you now know what to do with this power. You channel the golden energy and speak. "Flee!"

For a moment the soldiers' faces waver before the commander's eyes narrow. "What are you trying to do?"

Wait, something is not ri-

BANG!

BAD END

Reload? Y/N?

Realoading...

There are nine soldiers pointing their guns at you. What to do?
    [] Hypnotic Tongue Technique
    [] Mob-Dispersing Rebuke
    [] Write in.
    -----

My first bad end. Poor Lelouch...Why aren't you Stunting?

28. kinglugia

kinglugia A Randy Avian

...-_-;
    [X] MDR
    -[X] You looked at them with every single dignity and defiance of your most magnificent self, and mustering all your anger and hatred of those who dared to oppress others just because of their nationality, you spoke, with a booming voice "BEGONE FROM MY SIGHT!", as you swept one of your hands in a sidewards slashing motion.

Fun fact, we have to stunt this.
    I forgot about it.

29. Selias

Selias Well worn.

[X] Mob-Dispersing Rebuke

30. kinglugia

kinglugia A Randy Avian

*clears throat*
    This is Exalted quest.
    Meaning:
    [​IMG]

Akuma-Heika likes this.