1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Interest Check & Idea Thread

Discussion in 'Q&R Index' started by Vanathor, Feb 19, 2013.

1. crazyfoxdemon

crazyfoxdemon He Who Laughed Last

Unfortunately, I have no idea what you're talking about... Maybe if you explain, I'll be able to give an opinion.

2. Ardion Prosili

Ardion Prosili Lover of Horned Women

Its a reincarnation quest where the 'soul' of Alucard was killed in order to make Schrodinger's Alucard (both alive and dead) was reincarnated into a elvish slum mage in Dragon Age.

Really, the fun was never going to happen because Alucard is too much for DA. And DA is boring anyways unless you are a Warden which has its own set of problems, so really a change in the setting is in order.

3. Vindictus

Vindictus Experienced.

'S a Quest I ran on SB.

Basically, you were Alucard reincarnated as everyone's favorite Playboy Elf, Zevran.

4. Vindictus

Vindictus Experienced.

Depends on what settings you know, I guess?

A few of the ones I have in mind-

• The Longest-Named Crossover Fusion [History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi X (Old) World of Darkness X Bakemonogatari]
    • Disgaea
    • Enroth
    • Xanth

5. FurikoMaru

FurikoMaru Versed in the lewd.

... fuck. XD This is just pathetic. Why does this keep happening?! Everyone I know is always creeped out by how many different series I know about and yet none of them are ones that are popular with Spacebattlers.

World of Darkness can't be too hard to pick up, I guess. Changelings and patchwork-resurrected-people of the Frankenstein persuasion and magic-users and ghosts and werewolves and mad scientists and people who hunt them, right?

6. Vindictus

Vindictus Experienced.

Old WoD is a little different, but not horribly so.

I'll admit, part of the reason I chose those settings is because they are somewhat better balanced with Alucard. If you can think of one we both know that fits that qualification, I'll toss it on the list.

Considering removing either WoD or Bakemonogatari from the triple cross though, as I'm not sure they'd work very well together despite being thematically similar.

7. Scia

Scia Not too sore, are you?

I wouzld leave the WoD in simply because there you got the better change to pick something else from the kitchen sink, Goodlike ancient vampires, Wizards with Rayguns and Orbital Lasers Werwolfs ...
    And Aulcard clearly is a Lasombra that got infested with fleshcraft.
    And I know the Problem. No one is over doing something with the New world of Darkness.
    That reminds me I somewhere got the plans for a Changeling the Lost quest..

8. Guile

Guile Clothes That Kill Virgins

Doing a bakemonogatari quest seems like it'd be hard, but more power to you if you can.

You should totes do an Alucard-in-Disgaea quest!
    D2: Think how disappointed Alucard will be when he realizes the stupidly powerful human Adell is actually a monster. First Anderson, then this guy? Only humans can kill monsters!
    D3: Almaz, though... HE's a human! But he's also kind of a wuss, mentally. The strong-as-a-monster Princess, though... oh yes, she'll do. And there's that human superhero kicking around...
    Salvatore: 'Transform into a riot of bloody beasts and tear me limb from limb!' Alucard: 'Kay.
    D4: Valvatorez is, by Alucard's metric, a TERRIBLE vampire.

Or Soul Nomad And The World Eaters is pretty much tailor-made for weird extradimensional monsters coming through. They have a term for it and everything.

9. Aranfan

Aranfan Not too sore, are you?

So, what if Louise summoned Link? I'm thinking specifically a kid Link like from Wind Waker or Spirit Tracks, but could be Child Link from Majora's Mask.

Sadly I don't know enough about ZnT to really pull it off, all my knowledge comes from fanfics.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  10. Latewave

Latewave No one remembers who I am anymore.

I kind of want to run an Urban Chaos sort of thing. With Silent Hill and Other Horror games as inspiration.

11. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

[img width=600 height=450]https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-YrGNG9pwgS4/UWU3kMby3HI/AAAAAAAAT_w/BlYrnNg1KEk/s800/covergrown%2520city.jpg[/img]

Your first impressions when you woke up was that it was a bit windy. That the sky was cloudy, and something was wrong.

It doesn't take long as you blink to realize that there is the soft whistling of the wind, but no sound of humanity. And the light... the light was slightly off, there was a faint tint to it that there shouldn't be.

Couldn't be.

You blink and slowly got up and looked.

You had to shake your head to realize what you were seeing.

It was a city.

It was THE city. That was all you could say instinctively, that it simply was. Tall buildings spanned across the horizon, countless buildings rising to the heavens.

All overgrown with trees, and plants.

Time had taken its toll, and yet the city was. Its buildings stood tall as goliaths to support the heavens. In the distance beneath, you can see streets. There is no movement there. Here and there, you can see vehicles, metal lumps colored.

You can feel the wind, a strong breeze full of clean air. The clouds above moved ever slightly, occassionally parting to allow a beam of light to shine down upon the city before it closed once more.

Looking about, you can see that you are on the roof of one of the buildings. Behind you, a door. Presumably with stairs leading down the building. There is also a tree, shrubbery and moss growing from the side of the building. You can also see hollows in said moss where water has collected.

Your reflection in the water before you drank it showed that you were still you, whole in body.

The only question was...

What now?

And what year was it?

- - -
    Level Real Quest / Welcome to Level Real
    - - -

The year is...
    [X] 1541 - It is a glorious time to live, but you've just lost your head... and the eternal game is over, or is it?
    [X] 1992 - You are or were a normal school girl. You studied in the day, and fought evil at night.
    [X] 1996 - You fell in battle. Against a god incarnate, what could a single warrior do?
    [X] 1999 - A year of destiny when a year, a decade, a century, and a millenium ended. All at once. Along with you.
    [X] 2004 - There was a war, and you remember dying. Your trusted companion fallen, and your heart ripped out.
    [X] 2024 - You are a normal school girl. Trapped in a death game... and you were just killed.
    [X] 2547 - You were returning to your lover, when you were ambushed by an exploding doll... didn't you die?

12. Liam-don

Liam-don Fondly Regard Creation.

[X] 1541 - It is a glorious time to live, but you've just lost your head... and the eternal game is over, or is it?
    >Not picking Methos

[X] 1992 - You are or were a normal school girl. You studied in the day, and fought evil at night.
    Usagi? Or any Senshi?

[X] 1999 - A year of destiny when a year, a decade, a century, and a millenium ended. All at once. Along with you.
    Kamui Shiro?

[X] 2024 - You are a normal school girl. Trapped in a death game... and you were just killed.
    Battle royale?

[X] 2547 - You were returning to your lover, when you were ambushed by an exploding doll... didn't you die?
    Gally?

13. Biigoh

Methos? Now you're just being silly... we're talking Highlander the MOVIE here... this is Sean Connery, we be talking.

Isn't it sad, Sachi?

14. Redon

Redon the baka nerbie

The series are Highlander, Sailor Moon, Ranma 1/2, X/1999, Fate/Stay Night, Sword Arts Online, and Battle Angel Alita... guessed all but Ranma on IRC, but that was because we have different dates for when the series occured.

15. Liam-don

Methos was imo the most memorable part of the franchise along with Connor. Ramirez was cool, but he suffers from being an extension of Sean Connery rather than his own character.

16. Merior

Merior Untested Adventurer

Perversion.

You found it strange how people always thought about the word in terms of sex. You know that back in the Clocktower enough individuals, even those who really should have known better, thought the worst of you when they heard of your Origin.

You admit that your personal hobbies, and the little artistic touches you put on your work, were at least tinged with eroticism but that was mostly your own choice. Your way of thumbing your nose at all of those who thought themselves so much better than you.

Distortion.

That was the meaning which you found fit things best. Not nessisarily to degrade, but to twist and change from how things were intended to a different purpose and nature.

It was amazing how broad a field that opened up when properly applied.

The first research you publically admited to was formal titled "The Transfer of Aether-based Homunculus Materials As a Means of Humanoid Familiar Creation". You admited, not seeing the problem, that you had been inspired by some minor supernatural creatures from the Far East. After all inspiration came from many places and it would be churlish not to acknowledge that.

They looked at the examples accompanying the paper and they had laughed without reading.

You didn't laugh.

Fifteen years later and you, however, were smiling as you inspected your latest work closely. A small knot of magic circuits was tucked away at the base of her skull, hidden behind hair, and it seemed to be working fine.

The psuedo-crest, created from research on your own Origin, had integrated entirely and twisted the subject's circuits and soul into a form which was better described as a living Mytic Code. You had made her what she was, given her magic as defined by the Crest, and made her a mage... of sorts.

All in all the 'honor' of the Sealing Designation which you had recieved was probably well deserved. Not that you agreed to what would be the result which was the entire reason that you were in this god forsaken place and preparing to sell the products, if not the methods, of your research.

The Einzbern could keep their homunculi. You had something far better and you were only starting now.

After a rather hurried departure you managed to reach Japan with only a few difficulties. More surprisingly you managed to also reach an "agreement" with the Eastern Mystic Symposium which was only mildly extortionate. This was somewhat surprising given that you didn't exactly have anywhere else to go if they had turned you down.

Realising that your attention had wandered you decided to dismiss your creation before you distracted yourself again. It was, after all, quite pleasing in form and your peers hadn't been entirely wrong about how your Origin effected you.

"Go now. Send in my assistants and I'll brief them on how we will begin." You told her, not bothering to waste niceties on something which it didn't matter.

Shining Princess Rain, the transformed state in more than one sense of what had been a quite unremarkable Japanese schoolgirl, smiled at you then curtsied. Her blue skirt was short enough to make this a pleasent sight as she replied in her cheerful voice, "Yes, sir!"

As she went you decided to work on toning down that cheerfulness when working on the next girl. Something about the sound of an eternally chirpy voice was going to drive you made although finding inventive ways to quieten her had been quiet fun...

♥♥ Pretty Princess Institute Quest ♥♥
    Grand Opening - (Maybe) Coming Soon!

This Quest will be rather more strategic than the normal quests as the focus is more on the progress of the Institute than the individual. How it develops from modest beginnings to something more impressive is up to you. Write-ins will be welcome and bits of fic or images submitted will help enhance your ongoing activities.

As can be seen in the above the setting is heavily Nasu-verse based but this won't prevent you from encountering 'natural' magic girls and "Dark Kingdoms". You might end up selling your girls, or their services, to people or groups but eventually it might be possible to be more active in taking resources or taking over the city or the groups you encounter.

Decide if you'll hone your magic girls into hand-crafted masterpieces, learn to subvert mages or others into such a state, or learn to mass produce a horde of individually dangerous 'toys'. It will be put into the NSFW area as a pre-emptive measure in case some things get graphic.

The choices will be yours... assuming sufficient interest.

17. Jans

Jans That which smiles.

*Runs past first.*

Yep.

18. Jiven

Jiven Most Excellent Lurker

Me, me, me too!

Princess Maker, the Nasu version ?

19. Biigoh

Princess maker hentai nasu version

20. Malcolmo

Malcolmo Insert custom title here

Yes please.

21. nick012000

nick012000 Gone for Good

I'm interested, though I wonder how he managed to avoid the magic-diminishment effect that spreading knowledge of your Magecraft causes.

22. Torgamous

Torgamous Official Matsu

Isn't it just spreading use of Magecraft that causes it to lose effectiveness, and the best way to limit use is to limit knowledge?

23. nick012000

nick012000 Gone for Good

Sort of, but you've basically got cause and effect backwards. In the Nasuverse, the Mystery that Magecraft derives its power from is like a river that flows from the Root. To obtain its power, you need to wade upstream, but when you do, you leave solidified walls behind you, as your comprehension solidifies the fluidity of Mystery into definite Knowledge. This blocks other magi from following behind you nearly as easily; in the Age of Gods, magi had free access to the Root and thought nothing of going there are returning with amazing powers, but their frivolous use of Magic resulted in the modern situation that Magecraft finds itself in, where getting to the Root is nearly impossible; it was the realisation that this had occurred that led to the foundation of the modern Mage's Association.

Of course, on the plus side, Science is built on top of those walls, so it's not all bad.

24. Merior

Merior Untested Adventurer

The initial IC theory is that he is selling the product, not the process. If a Mystery produced 10 pounds of gold and the diminishing effect meant that each person who knew it got an equal fraction (minus a handling fee) then he is, instead of teaching people for money, shaping the gold into statues which give it more value than the raw material.

(It helps that, when you start, you find that a certain degree of uniqueness is required for each Crest you shape.)

However this will be shown to not quite fit what is observed in the Quest. As for what the true answer is... Well, that's what research would be for.

25. Liam-don

So i've been banging my head about how to keep the next part of Blacksmith quest not sound mind bendingly retarded. I kinda figured it out, but now every time I work myself up to write it some stupid idea or another gets to me instead.

Idea such as this:

This is the story of the Zero.

[img width=600 height=337]http://cfs7.blog.daum.net/image/10/blog/2007/07/28/23/27/46ab5267ef923&filename=%5BLUCY%5D%EC%A0%9C%EB%A1%9C%EC%9D%98%EC%82%AC%EC%97%AD%EB%A7%88%E2%99%A12%EA%B8%B0%EC%8C%8D%EC%9B%94%EC%9D%98%EA%B8%B0%EC%82%AC03%ED%99%94.avi_000032365.jpg[/img]

You are Guiche-Armand de Gramont, known as Guiche the Zero, and this may be your last day as the Tristainian Academy of Magic.

Your parents sent you to attend school as a last gambit to cure your continued inability to use magic, along with a hope that you will finally make friends your age. After all, this is the place where the future leaders of Tristain are gathered and the one thing you have in spade is charisma, at least when you try. There's a Vallière prodigy in your year, even!

You succeeded in the second, somewhat. Despite your ignominious affliction, you made a single true friend among the haughty noble populace, a considerable improvement to your previous friendlessness.

Not Louise Françoise Le Blanc de la Vallière though. While the girl is a credit to her name, easily top of every class, and fair-minded in general, the 'Howling Gale' has taken an intense dislike of you, only matched by her stormy rivarly with Kirche Von Zerbst. She's the one who came up with your Runic name - 'zero magical talent, zero perceptiveness and zero ambition'.

While you can't argue with the "talent" digs and silently admit you aren't the sharpest man on the continent, you take exception to "no ambition". You have plently of ambition and worked on it in your own way.

The springtime Familiar Ritual may be the biggest roadblock yet. If you fail today, you may be expelled.

This would be the final nail in your coffin. Your parents would dishinerit you for this final disgrace, which might put a severe damper to your plans. On the upside, they might stop shoving you at old maid thrice your age.

As you step up to perform what may be your final spell at the august institution, you gather your wits and focus your will, remembering the goal that carried you here.

[]Become a member of the Royal Guard. The less said about your magic, the better, but you have spent countless hours training your mind and body, mastering every soldier's tools. While you may not have your elder brothers talents in this area either you've made it up through sheer dedication. Even at the Academy, you trained everyday, long after the sun set. The castle's maid Siesta was a kind enough soul to always keep your dinner hot and take your dirty laundry everyday.

[]As a younger, lesser child, you are expected to join the Church if you don't be used as a political chip. That's fine with you, as you're a devout follower of the Church. You aspire to serve the faith to the best of your abilities, but no disgraced noble will ever get farther than priesthood. Still you pray earnestly that the Founder's hand may guide you on your path. Montmonrency joined you from time to time, hoping to find an answer to her own trouble.

[] At first it was to escape the disapproval of your family, but you have become a true librabry rat. Even if you're not as smart as the Valliere, your hunger for knowledge is second to none. Between two books, you've found yourselves engaged in an actual conversation with the silent Tabitha, a feat in itself.

[]So what if everyone makes a fool of you? You like being the fool. Life is short, youth shorter still. All you want is to enjoy yourself, have great adventures, see the world and use your devastating looks to sow your wild oats. You are an artist, and beautiful people are your instruments. Oh~ how their tune changes once you make your way into their chambers! You have made no secrets of your activities, and have friendly rivalry with the curvaceous Kirche. In a spirit of sportmanship, you only keep count of your female conquests.^^ You really hope you'll manage to summon _something_! Losing your family's money would make like so much more unpleasant.

[]You are a kind, pleasant and humble boy. You work hard to uphold you family honor and stay unfailingly polite in the face of your peer's jeers. Despite your inadequacy, your patience and steadfastness earned you the respect of your teachers, that you return in earnest.

That is a lie.

Your family, your peers, You teachers. You hate them all.

You will never forget how your father's and mother's slowly started to look at you with the same self righteous pity as their dying dog. Behind your placid facad, you carefully keep count of the insults thrown your way. You swear, one day, you will show them all!

Only the headmaster's secretary, knows your true face. After all, kindred spirits always sees right through each other.

Yes, I'm shameless. :-[

26. Biigoh

>_>

<_<

[X] The Crumbling Earth and the Explosive Zero~

^_^

27. Pipeman

Pipeman Well worn.

Really like the third and last option.

How would choosing the familiar work?

28. Guile

Guile Clothes That Kill Virgins

Mm. Like me some Guiche.

I quite like option 4. Kick magic to the curb. Good food, good friends, good adventures, and also company of the female persuasion (and also that one time after far too much beer which you and Malicorne have agreed to NEVER SPEAK OF AGAIN), that's what life is.

29. Liam-don

Nazi gm says you don't get to choose. One familiar per Guiche.

30. Pipeman

Pipeman Well worn.

Because of what happened to Kirche Quest?

Kirche Quest is incidentally the reason I'm not in favour of option 4, though I really like it as well.
    I have this faint hope Kirche Quest gets continued/started and those two premises are rather similar.