1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Well you are a Paul, so that fits.

Add a " at the beginning.

Cock-blocking assholes.

I can see them beating these shitheads to a pulp and then Rogue carries Paul to the bedroom so that she can take his innocence.

2. Cuchulin

Cuchulin Versed in the lewd.

He likely lost that years ago.

Otto von Saurion and Relyt33 like this.
  3. PepeTheFrog

PepeTheFrog Not too sore, are you?

Are those tasers going to have any effect at all?

4. m_d

m_d Fascinated by storytelling

The threadmark title and the chapter heading don't match the one in the index, where it's called "Meanwhile on Earth 534834 (part 1)". If the index is correct, today's threadmark title is meant for tomorrow.

Relyt33 and Cuchulin like this.
  5. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Thank you, corrected.

6. Rebu

Rebu hey, little Anna, you're the one

The horny police are clearly working overtime this November.

I didn't even know they had jurisdiction over Marvel Swimsuit Specials!

Last edited: Nov 18, 2022
  7. chxenocide

chxenocide Getting sticky.

Well, that's not going to end well for those soldiers.

8. Stsword

Stsword Versed in the lewd.

Only if they are science fiction shenanigans that just look like regular old tasers.

According to Word of Zoat, not so much.

9. FeepingCreature

FeepingCreature Not too sore, are you?

> Earth 534834

Gotta be honest, my first reaction was to check certain websites.

10. lancelot

lancelot Grand High Poobah

Shouldn't there be a 'TRY' in there somewhere. Just environmental shields can tank anything that wouldn't be instantly lethal, and Rogue can brush off lightning bolts with little effort.

11. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

Ah, X-Men'92 Paul. The one dating Rogue, who's using the Mandarin's force-field ring to rein in her always-on life-sapping mutant power. And when Rogue's around, the beauty of nature does tend to take a backseat... :p

Thanks goodness you can regulate your body's reaction via the Ring, eh?

Yes, there's good reason she's a lot of 90's teenager's first crushes...

Fair's fair. If this Paul is like so many others with orange Rings, then he has the body of a late-teens gym-rat. Or a typical superhero. :p

Ah... Looks like someone wants to take advantage of her newly mastered ability to touch, eh?

I'd be more worried about being embarrassed by the other head, I think.

Ah, a gentleman to the core.

And I see the legendary denseness is also in play.

I mean, I can understand Rogue being a little uncertain, she's still in her late teens or early twenties, and unsure of herself. And her life hasn't really lent itself to learning to navigate the minefield that is a relationship...

...And here Paul is, being all British about it. Reserved, well-mannered... And about as nervous as a harem anime protagonist with several aggressively forwards love interests.... (Looking at you, Masaki Tenchi...)

Well, with you wearing what you're wearing, he's having trouble keeping the blood in his thinking head, if you know what I mean.

Hey, now. I doubt he has any kind of silly moustache. :p

Methinks the lady would like to test the structural integrity of their domicile's furniture... and possibly the walls if need be.

My god, I feel for you, Rogue... Like trying to hammer a nail into adamantium...

Well, he's being a gentleman, after all. And that includes being too polite to broach the matter with you...

x3 Ah, 'Little Lantern' looking to go camping in some bush? Because he's sure pitching a tent! :V

On the other hand, she's not a gentle southern belle. From what little we see, she's the girl 'from the wrong side of the tracks', if you catch my drift...

Well, the emotional tension, at least. I doubt the tension in their clothes is going to hold out much longer. ;)

He is such a nice boy, isn't he? Even if he's so dense he could win a headbutt contest with Logan... :rolleyes:

Quite a few things, including the Great Fire of London finally finishing and the Reign of Terror beginning officially.

Let me guess, that's what you were hoping he'd do right then, wasn't it?

To be fair, a lot of the characters in that novel are... :oops: Yeah.

Yes, very symbolic duration...

True, he's still very at risk of Avarice overload and going full Larfleeze. Though the X-Men would be the first to try and stop him...

To be fair, the X-Men are considered outlaws as often as not, because the general public never gets to see the full story of their missions... A lot of the time, all they see are 'dirty muties' getting into destructive super-powered brawls for no obvious reason. :oops:

Gee, you sweet-talker, you. x3

In other words... If you aren't in the bedroom in the next thirty seconds, she's going to drag you in there by the hair?

"Excuse me! We were having a moment!"

Well, then. Who is it this time? Friends of Humanity? The Reavers? Factor Three? Ooh! The Mandarin's goons, come calling for his stolen ring? At any rate, unless those are tasers rated for the Hulk, they aren't going to be all that effective against a super-tough lady and a Lantern. Especially after the initial surprise wears off. And whoever sent them is about to find out they kicked the worst kind of ant-hill. Because Rogue is going to need to let off some steam. :sneaky:

Last edited: Nov 20, 2022
  12. SotF

SotF And Away We Go!

Potentially you also have the TVA...

13. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

Na, those groups have bigger guns then Tasers, hell, even the governments have laser weapons in X-Men 1996...

So maybe some low level Biker gang this Paul pissed off?

14. Bramble Thorn

Bramble Thorn Verified Silhouette

Through a blessing from the OG Serpent in the Garden, every time he eats a piece of fruit, his ring gains 11% ring charge.

Alternatively, having originally came from (and lived) from another place before appearing here, he is operating on similar rules as the local souls who escape back to Earth from somewhere else. His ring is considered past of his soulbound gear, and the ring charge resets daily same as the money in Ezekiel's wallet does.

The Man With No Name (due to an unexplained effect having erased his old name from his cosmic character sheet.)

But is alright with people calling him Solomon, on account of his ring and the biblical themes of the setting.

15. theaceoffire

theaceoffire Versed in the lewd.

I have to admit, this was quite shocking.

And a shame, they seemed to have a real spark going there too!

Now these invaders are going to get a tase of their own medicine!

16. crazygrox

crazygrox Versed in the lewd.

'tase them both'

I think they're both wearing forcefields, that isn't going to work.

17. Stsword

Stsword Versed in the lewd.

Even if Rogue wasn't wearing the Mandarin's ring at the time, this Rogue does have Ms Marvel's powers, tasers would do as much damage as playing laser tag.

18. Mr Zoat

No, they successfully hit them with tasers. It didn't do much...
    Unless he wants it, because then the ring goes 'Everything's fine here. Actually, let me boost it a bit.'
    The Genosha military, actually. I appreciate that it wasn't obvious.

19. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

A nice little surprise with this new episode, starting off with a little male gaze. Not that I'm complaining.

Is Paul the only one who calls Rogue by her real name? If yes, does she only give him permission or something?

It's nice to get confirmation that they are now dating. As sad as it is for Gambit, Paul's won the jackpot with Rogue, especially since they can actually interact physically, with all that entails.

I'm not surprised that Paul would use his ring to hide his Raging Stiffie. I'm just more surprised that this is probably the first time it's ever been confirmed on screen.

I didn't expect them to be this serious. Will they be the first X-Men to get married in this timeline?

Paul, this is sweet and all, but I'm pretty sure all you're doing is getting Rogue even more hot and bothered than she already was.

Of course, just when we're getting to the good part, it gets interrupted. I foresee Rogue just throwing Paul to the ground to have her way with him the first chance she can get after all of this is over.

As this seems like a vacation in the X-Men animated series, I guessed Genosha, though I was just ninja'd by Mr Zoat himself. I hope Paul will be able to do more than what was done in the tv series, if only because I like the idea of an entire nation of mutants being loyal to him. Also, does everyone just call this version of Paul "Orange Lantern" or "OL" or other nicknames due to not knowing his real name?

20. ZzzSlothzzZ

ZzzSlothzzZ Dystopian Hugs

:cool:
    nuff said
    Ahh SWATus Interruptus.
    At least they wern't mid deed, so nobody got tased anywere sensetive.
    Also forcefield ring if im remembering right so,

*POW*BIFF*BLAM*
    "Now where were we"
    *Ziiiip*CENSORED*SQELCH*

21. Handlewithcare

Handlewithcare Versed in the lewd.

Honestly, who doesn't plan for a SWAT attack on their tirthieth date, that's just sloppy!

Bramble Thorn likes this.
  22. Mr Zoat

He didn't. That's how she noticed it.

23. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

I assumed he was hiding it, then stopped when she started staring at him and his want for her grew.

Otto von Saurion and Relyt33 like this.
  24. Sorrow

Sorrow Getting sticky.

I'm not sure they are actual police, I mean, it is X-men, this is probably, like the Gene Police trying to stop "Filthy Mutants" from "Procreating". Or something. Possibly that Stryker Douchebag trying to collect Mutants, of which an Orange Lantern does not qualify, but will certainty take offense at.

Edit: Man I wish I had spent more time in school studying spelling. After looking up and correct my Wordz, I was already behind in the posts and didn't see the Genosha reveal.

Cuchulin and Relyt33 like this.
  25. FourthPear

FourthPear Frequent Flier.

It’s going to piss them off?

26. Clell65619

Clell65619 Making the rounds.

Oh No! Not Mr. Sinister's elite Cock Blockers! The bain of horny mutants everywhere.

27. BrotherofaStudio

BrotherofaStudio Know what you're doing yet?

If the tasers even succeed in knocking them out, Rogue is going to be in a really bad mood. Nice to see this universe again. How long has it been since this Paul first helped her?

28. Doccer

Doccer I trust you know where the happy button is?

:rolleyes:Are you sure it's her who is religious?
    Then again God does work in mysterious ways!
    Fixed!

You say that like that's a bad thing!

Last edited: Nov 18, 2022
    boo600, Xmaster3000, Ngamer11 and 2 others like this.
  29. Finagle007

Finagle007 [Verified Great Old One]

No joy, it's a 404.

30. Impartial Panic

Impartial Panic I trust you know where the happy button is?

It's the Cock Blocker brigade!

Looks Like Gambit isn't pulling punches against Paul!

And that's why the fine Engineers at Advanced Ideas Mechanics present you with the Super Shock 9000.
    The finest in Anti-Hulk non lethal armaments.

Shop A.I.M. for all your advanced weapons needs.