1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Wily Quest: The year is 21XX. This makes no sense.

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Latewave, Jan 20, 2014.

1. Somebodynobody10

Somebodynobody10 Versed in the lewd.

Are you guys worried even a bit that this thing waking up might actually be that virus that Maverik-rebels use to control their bots?
    Do you really want to have one of our dear robot masters directly interfacing with it directly?

[X] FIREWALL, FIREWALL, FIREWALL! Something odd is here, please isolate for further scrutiny?

2. Redon

Redon the baka nerbie

Nope, not worried whatsoever, it's already been outright stated in IRC that the virus does shit to our Masters. You know, seeing the virus came from Wily and all...

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  3. Somebodynobody10

Wut.
    But, but - Paranoia, bad decisions!

Seriously though, who released it then? Wily was on ice?

4. Deathwings

Deathwings Questionable French Guy

[X] Redon

5. Redon

Redon the baka nerbie

In a nutshell, the Maverick Virus is a combination of something that was cooked up by Wily for Zero to fix his defects, which originally only made robots completely insane (because double insanity=sanity it seems) and got leaked out on Zero's discovery, causing the original Mavericks to form, which caused humans to make Reploids fight them. How it got leaked? Children playing with toys far beyond their ability to control them.

Then it was slightly tampered by Sigma (whom we've established... absolutely nobody in the X generation holds a candle to Wily's Brilliance when it comes to robotics, so it's more like a child painting a nuclear bomb red to make it explode faster) to make it able to manipulate their hearts. So yeah, using Wily's tech against him? Has about a snowball's chance in hell of working. Sigma it appears was not completely right in the head to begin with either, by virtue of being the first one built using blueprints they had no business dealing with.

This is also why the Sigma Virus does not work on Zero, because he's already infected by the master version. Granted, fix the insanity and it becomes a whole nother can of worms.... cause then you get an unkillable death machine.

Granted, the Anti-Virus is ALSO in Zero... and Wily would know this, so yeah...

Also as an aside, before Sigma went postal, there were about a grand total of 3 Mavericks in operation.

6. Undead frog

Undead frog Getting sticky.

Looking at the recent update would it be worth it make a robot master specializing in detection?

Radar Man perhaps? Might actually have some interesting offensive alternatives if what I've heard about radar being the results of attempts at a death ray are anything to go by. Its improbable but this Dr Willy where talking about.

7. Somebodynobody10

I would say so. It would even fit Wily's style, I believe.

8. Undead frog

Undead frog Getting sticky.

Hmmm something to keep in mind for latter then.

Heh I'd offer to make a list for idea's but we haven't had the many proposals.

Now I can't help but wonder what the other options at the start would have gotten us.

9. Latewave

Latewave No one remembers who I am anymore.

Vortex man reacts fast. Faster then you thought he could.

Vortex missiles fire in rapid succession. Each pulling and flinging the rapid teleporting Beetle maverick into trees and blowing pieces of him off each time.

Then Raze and Crush grab him.

And rip him in half.

Quality is all wrong.

Speed and power are both off for his specs.

Copy.

A poor one at that.

Sigma must have feared sending the actual one after you. Isn't that cute~

But wrong~

The quality is all wrong, but you can still learn from this. He can teleport offensively still. You can use that~

After all Metal man needs repairs.

This unit has parts that can suffice.

"Metal man. It's time to come home. I have plans for upgrades~"

Upgrade Metalman []?

Big Parts Gained
    Sting Chameleon (-minus Camo Unit)
    Copy Kuwanger (Space Warper)

You return home to Bubbleman hiding in a corner.

"I didn't do it. I'm Sorry~ I didn't mean to accidentally activate one of my younger brothers. Before they were ready. Sorry~"

What?

"I sorta found him on the internet. I just thought you were letting him learn about the outside world. So I sorta let him into on of the spare bodies you have about."

What.

"He sorta hijacked the internet. I'm sorrry."

Wha.

[]Deal with this?

A Boba Fett like figure watches a video on the internet.

And laughs.

And Laughs.

Then a more serious mode takes over the figure.

This has potential for more then humor.

He claimed to have created Zero and according to one of your bugs you planted in the hunter base oh so long ago X as well.

You'll fight for anybody.

But this Dr. Wily.

You figure he can make you stronger.

It's time for a visit.

[]Bring Gifts?

U.N.Spacy000 likes this.
  10. Larekko12

Larekko12 Connoisseur.

[X]Upgrade Metal Man. Give him Space Warper and Sting Chameleon Terrain Suite to for ultimate Battlefield mobility. Check the parts for traps.
    [X]Talk to your wayward son for you are a loving and magnanmous father.
    [X]Bring a Maverick Corpse.

11. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

[X]Upgrade Metal Man. Give him Space Warper and Sting Chameleon Terrain Suite to for ultimate Battlefield mobility. Check the parts for traps.

12. Xicree

Xicree Destroy and Rejoice!

13. fitzgerald

fitzgerald Experienced.

[X] Bring Cake, oh and a nice selection of scones

14. Latewave

Quest on indefinite Hiatus due to Heart Failure

15. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

Wait... WHAT?!?!? @_@

16. redaeth

redaeth Stubborn pedantrist

I really, really hope that doesn't mean what I think it does.

17. Larekko12

Larekko12 Connoisseur.

I really hope we won't be refferring to Latewave as the Late Latewave.

18. Deathwings

Deathwings Questionable French Guy

What. :(

19. kinglugia

kinglugia A Randy Avian

20. Aranfan

Aranfan Not too sore, are you?

Get well soon? :(

21. Redon

Redon the baka nerbie

Ok, to those not in the know, it's not Latewave, but his father that had the heart trouble, and he's got a flight from his military post back home scheduled for tomorrow morning.

22. Selias

Selias Well worn.

Good news, everyone! I came up with a new Robot Master, Benderman!
    [​IMG]

23. Silversun17

Silversun17 Connoisseur.

24. Selias

Selias Well worn.

It's the up button near the top of my post. For some reason, it's upside-down.

25. Selias

Selias Well worn.

Well, now that I've finished reading the whole thing, and have seen the part about heart failure, I feel like kind of a dick.

26. ShadowAngelBeta

ShadowAngelBeta Well worn.

Yeah... not gonna lie, that kind of was a dick-move. Although it was by accident so you should be good as long as you apologize... removing the pic might help to.

27. Latewave

[X]Talk to your wayward son for you are a loving and magnanimous father.

Your Mighty Number Nine, Metalman, his design and weapon were a masterpiece. Stronger then many of his siblings and quite a few of your stronger robots you had for fortress duty.

The problem is while he is strong.

He's still only a second generation. You've done so many casual upgrades and configuration fixes that you really can't list them all.

You never really went back and upgraded your older children.

But then you never had reason to.

Unless you sent them back into war they didn't really have to worry about anything. Megaman would leave them alone unless they messed with him and, well, they didn't. Losing to him once is enough after all for your children.

But like Bubbleman you have a chance to fix prior mistakes with your children. Metalman doesn't have any glaring mistakes like Bubbleman, however he has many more simply broken down parts.

You remove his Integrated Circuit.

Now it basically would be easier just to start from scratch for Metalman's body. Considering all the damage he's taken.

And so you do.

You remove parts that are mostly undamaged and parts that you find interesting. Such as Cossack's version of the Overdrive device.

Russian Science, how can you beat it?

Easily, but that's not the point.

You dissect the Overdrive(Cossack Version) mentally. It works by diverting energy from the core until full.

Your original version of it diverted it as parts became damaged and the flow was diverted into the Overdrive instead of being wasted.

The pros and cons of each are interesting but you'll just reuse Cossack's version for now.

Now then.

Dissecting the mavericks you have.

Sting Chameleon - Interesting Hardlight manipulation. Forms stingers. Could easily integrate into Metal Blade.

Mobility upgrades. Whoever built him. You must say did an excellent job on the servo's. You could easily upgrade Metal man's range of motion with this.

Now

Poor copy of Boomeranger Kuwanger
    Disgusting. A awful copy. You can barely call it a reploid. It's more a robot then anything.

Sadly it's inferior to most of what you have.

However

It can still teleport offensively.

You could apply it to Metalman himself. But you are unsure of the quality.

Of course you could just implement it into the metal blade.

Teleporting sawblades of doom is something Metalman could get into.

Now then

[]What combination of upgrades. You can use all three or only use one. Doesn't matter~ He's still be the same tier as your other robot masters.

You walk into the room where this Cyberman is inhabiting according to Bubbleman.

He's sitting against a wall.

Staring at one of the viewscreens.

Oh it's the news.

"The internet has been hacked once again by an unknown source. All that is none is that a single clip of something called Gutsman's Rear plays whenever you log on to the internet."

Well you know the culprit.

It's not the most childish thing one of your children has done. It is close however.

"Cyberman?"

"Yes Doctor Wily."

"May I ask how you were created and why are you messing with the internet?"

"Because I can mostly. I was created from that program that you keep using to hijack all of the things."

You have a flash of insight.

Repeated use and adaptable programming.

Sometimes you outsmart yourself.

"So what do you want."

"To have fun."

[]Write in?

You dealt with Cyberman.

And just in time for an uninvited guest.

Lucky for him he brought presents.

His name is Vile.

He looks like Boba Fett.

And.

Well

He's not awful. Functional form. Adaptable weaponry.

You, You aren't sure if he's one of Cain's creations.

Because compared to Sigma.

This is a work of art.

All that he asks. Is to be used and upgraded.

You can do both.

He brought two mavericks with him.

Well you can't really call two broken reploids brought. More like given. You don't know the correct word choice for it.

But you now have

Chill Penguin and Storm Eagle.

Well~

You can work with that.

[]Now what?

NinjaMAster and U.N.Spacy000 like this.
  28. ShadowAngelBeta

ShadowAngelBeta Well worn.

Welcome Back LateWave.

I suppose I should ask if everything ended well, but I'm hesitant that it may have gone badly... so should I apologize now? ???

29. gibbousmoons

gibbousmoons Well worn.

What combination of upgrades. You can use all three or only use one. Doesn't matter~ He's still be the same tier as your other robot masters.
    [X] Best not to fool around with unreliable tech. The last thing a veteran like Metalman needs is to have to worry about not showing up in one piece. That said. . . There's no reason you can't integrate that teleporter into something else, something that's supposed to go places anyway. Yes, yes, that's the way it works, and it's just the thing Metalman needs to get his edge back. Let's see how well people dodge Metalman's sawblades when they teleport!

"So what do you want to have fun."
    [X] "Well right now I'm busy taking over the- force of habit, sorry. I'm saving the world, of course! And I, Doctor Wily, think that saving the world is all kinds of fun. Why- the messes I've gotten into since I started work, they're on scale with the biggest ones I ever made myself, and nobody is sending any decent quality robots after me to stop my fun! That's a shame, too. But I bet that whoever's really behind all this Maverick nonsense is just waiting for the right moment to jump out and put up a good fight. And then I can show whoever it is exactly who they're up against! . . . What was the question again? Fun? I usually just mess with people's expectations, do things that they didn't expect me to and then record their faces."

30. Selias

Selias Well worn.

[X] Teleporting sawblades, and something to allow Metal Man to teleport to safety, in case he ever gets in over his head.

[X] Mess with Sigma.

[X] See how we can improve Vile, and let him get to know his new siblings (Actually, would it be cousins, since you didn't create him?). Also, see about giving the rest of your children the ability to teleport to safety.