1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Thank you, corrected.

2. _The_Bomb

_The_Bomb Getting sticky.

Feels like a pretty major crossroads for the rest of the war. It also will add some interesting interactions to the already highly-anticipated meeting between Paragon and Renegade.

3. Ostentatiousnessness

Ostentatiousnessness First of his name, last of his kind

I was thinking about the situation back in Earth, and this feels like a Gold Morning level failure state for the planet.

I’m keen on seeing where you go from here, as you do tend to follow on from believable cause and effect and consequences for such titanic shifts to the world order, rather than returning to status quo by the next chapter.

4. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

I'm betting Earth is in the middle of outright war with Apokoliptian forces, is already trying to rebuild the world to something resembling the previous status quo, or the Justice League is forced to act as the temporary governing body of the entire planet.

Ardy, Bud-E and Ostentatiousnessness like this.
  5. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

Probably asking a lot of them, OL. Multiple maulings over the last day, several are dead in space, and the remaining active ones are... Scrapping them would be a kindness. As it is, the analysis process is likely to involve destructive processes anyway...

Ah. Bit late for the real fight, folks, but you can help clean up.

Not from people who mattered, I bet.

If there were more than one, they'd probably have decamped for personal combat by now...

Careful, guy is likely to be in quite a mood.

Defiant to the end, eh? I'm sure your name will be remembered... :oops: Whoever you were.

Yes, noted. OL can handle those himself. Or would you rather he throw the lot of you to the planet?

Better be sure to impress the importance of disarming. The home fleet won't be too happy if they see any live guns on approach.

Ah, well. No visible impact of the guy's former metaphysique. I suppose that's because it got eaten by the assimilation process.

Or would they like to receive the same treatment? Answer quick, I doubt the Minosyssan Ascendants will be too gentle.

Well, that's a pretty clear answer. I doubt being hung up on will make him any happier, either.

Ah, good, no teething troubles. That'll make thing easier. Especially since his new ship is in fairly good shape.

Hold, on, Reach fellows. Your guns?

...Oh, no. You do not get to pull the 'technical difficulties' lark. And I doubt you're going to get so lucky as to have another Boom Tube open for you to flee...

Pretty clear instructions. Let's hope they have the sense to follow them completely.

I'm sure someone will be monitoring their progress anyway...

I suppose you should make some effort to collect them before they die of exposure, radiation or incineration...

:D And won't that result in a few jump scares for them. Good-o.

Well, good to see someone of authority is still alive. They can handle getting who they can moving.

Since despite what the Chief Engineer said, there's no guarantee they've got atmosphere or survival suits...

...Yeah, that might be a bit awkward. Though I doubt tech like that would be in the hands of the common crewmembers...

Sock optional.

Ah, there's the incineration I mentioned. Bet there's a few spots like that.

Yes, he's proving to be something of a 300-pound gorilla in all this...

So, fight's over, OL has gotten prisoners and some awesome loot, and it's all done bar the cleanup. Some of which may need a mop. The matter of Grayven, though... Hopefully the memories of the assimilated New Ascendant can provide some insight on his character and temperament. Something to let OL get some advantage in any diplomatic discussions they might end up having.

6. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

Dude. You got your ass kicked by a New God a lot less powerful then Grayven less then a day ago.

7. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

Finality Man should be stronger than normal New Gods. This is assuming it is still related to Drax.

Cuchulin, Ardy and Silveraith like this.
  8. Signaller

Signaller Know what you're doing yet?

What's the population of a ship like that, before and after casualties? Are we talking hundreds or thousands, and/or how does it contrast to those marooned Gordanians from a while back?

Ardy and Silveraith like this.
  9. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

No, I was talking about the New New God guy with the tiny tiny piece of Darkseid in him.

Cuchulin likes this.
  10. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

Pretty sure anybody who has a little of Darkseid in them can kick the butt of everyone who isn't stupidly powerful. Or hasn't taken any special anti-Darkseid precautions.

11. BR549

BR549 This is filth! FILTH!!

'assimilated', I think, belongs here.

12. Stsword

Stsword Versed in the lewd.

Unless Heggra cuckolded Yuga Khan with Megatron I suspect that Drax is not a robot in this continuity.

Not 100% certain mind you.

But Infinite Man's gestalt nature would make him more powerful than a regular New God regardless of having a direct pipeline to the Source.

For example one time in the comics Impulse joined the gestalt.

[​IMG][​IMG]

13. Mr Zoat

Thank you, corrected.

14. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Plus Paul had a lot of reasons to not go full out with his power.

For example, he didn't bond with the Ophidian because that had the risk of Manheim infecting her with Anti-Life.

He also may not have used extremely powerful constructs of techniques because they could have damaged the planet.

Grayven doesn't seem to have Anti-Life and the battle may take place in space.

15. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

We know from Renegade side that Grayven does in fact have a portion of Anti-Life and the Omega Force.

Bud-E and Silveraith like this.
  16. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

When was that revealed? Because I don't remember that.

Xmaster3000 likes this.
  17. Coda

Coda Versed in the lewd.

Grayven using the Omega Force: https://forum.questionablequesting....stice-si-story-only.8961/page-75#post-2877462

I'm not sure if it was established that the real Grayven-16 has any Anti-Life Equation fragments, but it would seem a little bit strange that Darkseid would give that gift to the Renegade but not the real Grayven.

EDIT: Never mind, found it. https://forum.questionablequesting....stice-si-story-only.8961/page-75#post-2870818 real!Grayven-16 knows "life=pain".

18. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

That was Grayven 50, who comes from a universe where Darkseid's dead and isn't preventing anyone from accessing that parts of the Anti-Life Equation in his possession. And Grayven 50 merely recognized the Anti-Life Equation part in the Renegade's possession, he never had one of his own. Is there any evidence that Grayven 16 either can fire omega beams or had his own fragment if the Anti-Life Equation in his possession?

19. Coda

Coda Versed in the lewd.

Oh right, wrong segment.

https://forum.questionablequesting....stice-si-story-only.8961/page-98#post-4632842 This is the one I was looking for -- this one IS Grayven-16 using the Omega Force.

But it does seem you're right, there's no concrete evidence that Grayven-16 had an Anti-Life fragment before the merger with the Renegade.

20. Threadmarks: Meanwhile on Earth 534834 (part 7)
    Mr Zoat

Earth 534834

8th February 1992
    10:28 GMT -6

"Now, okay,-"

There's a whum sound as the steel girder flies past me-

"-I can see-"

-and a screech as it twists and doubles back, attempting to envelop me. I drop down beneath it, creating a bat construct and knocking it for six.

"-that you're not pleased-"

Shots of rebar come flying at me next, and I briefly consider that maybe I shouldn't have mentioned railguns last time we met. He just seemed so put out that Professor Xavier hadn't turned up that I thought it might… Jolly him up a little.

"-to see me, but-."

From behind his full face helmet which now includes a gas mask, Erik Lehnsherr glares at me.

"I will do to you what your forebears once did to the Neanderthals."

That-. Agh! Okay, he distracted me enough that he managed a glancing hit. Guess he hasn't quite got the hang of aiming with his new technique yet.

"Look, I'm sure you're a smashing bloke, but unless your mutation covers a lot more than magnetism that just isn't possible."

"The extermination of man will not be a swift endeavour, but it will come. History is on our side."

Hang on, I'm in the nineties. Even with all the advanced technology that didn't exist in my nineties, do they not-?

"The modern European man is descended from the interbreeding of neanderthalensis and sapiens. We've both got neanderthalensis genes in us." I smile. "And… While you're a… Perfectly presentable man… For your age… I'm seeing-"

I shoot upwards in the air to evade a large sheet of scrap metal that zooms past me.

"-someone? Ah, Anne-Marie? Rogue? With the green and yellow bodysui-?"

"I remember."

I nod, grinning. "Pretty memorable, isn't it?"

He stops attacking, moving his projectiles into an orbit around both me and him. "If a handful of genes are all that remains of their people, then there is little difference between this and utter extermination. If you marry Rogue, then in all likelihood your children will be mutants."

"Could well be. Honestly, I like the idea of my children having superpowers. Sure, some things -like Anne-Marie's power- can create… Problems, but I'm sure that we can work through it. Pax?"

"What does Charles want with me?"

"An open, honest and peaceful exchange of views, leading to an agreement concerning the utility and legitimacy of violence in the civil rights struggle and the opening of an ongoing channel of communication."

"And he sent you?"

"No, I'm here for completely different reasons. He doesn't-. I mean, he could be tracking us on Cerebro or something, but I didn't tell him."

Except that Cerebro is designed to find x-gene mutants and Mr. Lensherr's helmet protects him against that sort of thing. Which.. means that he doesn't know where we are. That wasn't clever of me.

"Then why are you here?"

"Did you see the adverts for Genosha?" I think he nods. The helmet makes it a little hard to tell. "Long story short, it was a trap to lure in people with super powers there for them to enslave." Several pieces of metal crumple. "Not sure if it would have worked, because I don't think other countries would tolerate them doing that to their citizens, but the X-Men dealt with it anyway. So there are a lot of mutants who don't really have anywhere else to go on the island, and… I was just wondering if you wanted to take a look at the place? See if you can make separate but equal work? There's a bit of a leadership vacuum at the moment."

"A homeland for mutants. I had considered the idea before."

"Ah… More a place of refuge for people with the x-gene in places where they're being oppressed. I mean… I know that having a homeland for Jews hasn't exactly encouraged peace and good will since World War Two, but-."

"Given that Senator Kelly intends to place all mutants in America in internment camps should he win the next presidential election, we may need it sooner than later."

"You.. do realise that even if he gets elected, he wouldn't have the authority to do that, right? It would be completely unconstitutional. Whether people with the x-gene are treated like other people with super powers or as a new species of human, there's no legal grounds-."

"You will find that means very little when people are afraid."

I smile. "Good show! As a British person, I thoroughly look forward to seeing Americans take up arms against a tyrannous government that isn't mine."

"You would fight your own kind?"

"Sometimes, in the face of evil, you have to plead the second. The United States has a constitution that guarantees its citizens certain consideration. If that's ignored, then there's no reason for the citizens to take any notice of any of the laws empowering the people who violate it. And this time I'm not letting the Canadians have all the fun."

"Then why not deal with him before the election?"

"Because at the moment all he's done is be a mouthy git, and that's not worth killing someone over. Even if he tries to pass those laws, I'm not going to condemn the whole system unless it actually gets approved."

"And when it does?"

"They can take Anne-Marie to an interment camp over my cold dead body. Ah, before we drown in negativity, I… Did have something else I wanted to talk to you about."

"What is it?"

"It's… It's a bit awkward. I… None of my friends are married. In fact, you're the only person I've exchanged more than a few sentences with who even.. was-."

"Are you-? Coming to me for marital advice?"

"You have three children. Presumably, you did something right."

The floating pieces of metal stop.

"Three-. What are you talking about? I only have one child, and I sired her for the purpose of creating a strong mutant. My relationship with her mother was purely transactional."

What? Does he not-?

Oh, sugar. I guess… That hasn't happened yet. As far as I know, neither Pietro nor Wanda Maximoff were ever members of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants, so-. Oh, he didn't know.

"Ah. Congratulations?"

"How could you possibly know-?"

"The ring can scan genes. I don't even need a blood sample. Ah. I didn't-. I've no idea what Magda Lensherr's genes look like, but there are two mutants in Europe who have half your DNA. Sorry, I didn't realise that you didn't know."

He considers that for several moments.

"How old are they?"

"About twenty?"

"That would-." Pieces of metal start dropping out of the air as distraction takes hold. "If-."

He turns away, waving his right arm.

"Leave me. I must consider what you have said."

Well. Cheaper than Mr. Creed, at least.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2022
  21. TodaBruh

TodaBruh Fiction is life's spice <( ̄︶ ̄)↗

This guy is a walking talking confusion generator.

22. Citizen

Citizen Well worn.

Wanda, I presume?

Ardy, Cuchulin, Relyt33 and 4 others like this.
  23. Bloodalchemy

Bloodalchemy Versed in the lewd.

She wanders the world so much, her name has gone wandering to.

24. PrinceJonathan

PrinceJonathan Versed in the lewd.

I said this once, I'll say it again. This dude made Asteroid M without anyone noticing. Why couldn't he just use it as a launching point to colonize the rest of the Solar System? Form a sort of underground railroad to get mutants off Earth, and then send them to Mars and call it Planet M. Leave Earth and its constant conflict with normal humans behind.

Let humanity fight and squabble over a ball of dirt all they want while Magneto and the rest of his mutants conquer the stars. By the time humanity gets its collective shit together and steps out onto the galactic stage, they won't even be able to find a place at the table because mutants got there first and humanity is considered a laughing stock.

25. Bloodalchemy

Bloodalchemy Versed in the lewd.

Magneto: but that would mean I can't kill innocent people to pay for the sins of a few idiots.

26. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

(Delayed somewhat by a storm-induced blackout down my way...)
    Ah, Lantern and Magneto? There's an interesting combination of characters. Though I expect Magnus' tolerance of non-mutant supers isn't much higher than his tolerance of regular humans. Which is amusing, given the times he's appeared in other heroes' shows...

The fun of dealing with someone who has an almost instinctive control of their power, and a very large radius of effect.

...Rail Guns. :p It's your own fault, Lantern.

Ha! I bet he made that change after said previous encounter with Lantern.

Okay, have you ever actually read a history book more modern than, say, 1960, Maggie?

And he's pulled some crazy applications of that out of his ass before. So it's not unbelievable.

Hell, Doctor Doom has a goddamn Time Machine. If he wasn't so focused on stroking his ego and messing with Richards!!, just imagine how he could contribute to historical studies.

Which is quite a bit younger-looking than his canonical age of... 65-ish? 75 or so? Mutants age damn well.

That it is. x3 Let's not speak about the romantic teasing between Magneto and Rogue in the comics...

Honestly, that seems like a fun way to conquer humanity. Fuck super-powered punch fights. Just swan around all smoking hot in that skin-tight spandex and watch the men and women drool...

Wouldn't that be a butterfly? Xavier and Magneto working together again.

Not unless he's added a search mode for 'exotic emotional energy signatures' to Cerebro's sensors.

Honestly, if you got into more trouble than you could handle, it's not all that hard to leave. Not much can pin a Lantern down when they want to go somewhere...

And as noted before, it wouldn't be the first time he's ruled Genosha, or made a safe homeland for mutant-kind. Though all those occurrences never seem to end well. Either he fouls it up by being all Super-Villainy about it, or someone else ends up doing it.

Old politics... But that's mostly because the European powers and America stuck their beak into the Middle East again. :rolleyes: And we all know how well that always goes...

Now see, there's an issue with that. :confused: Mostly 'writers can't get politics right...' But in this universe, there's bound to be all manner of antagonising factors...

Hey, they only did that once... :confused: Didn't they? ...Oh, right.

To be fair, it probably was a hell of a time... A young nation still trying to find its footing, while swinging its big stick trying to establish an international reputation... Of course someone's gonna take exception that that. :p

Free speech, after all. You can say what you like, but that doesn't stop someone else from having their say in response. :oops: Though if they do it violently, well...

Lucky Magneto had calmed down. If his ring had blinked off like that during the initial exchange of greetings... :oops:

Sadly, the super-hero community of the Marvel universe isn't as interconnected as the DC universe is.

...Technically, four. But the one you're not counting is probably something of a sore spot for Maggie, even today...

Not that that's stopped the comics flip-flopping on that fact for decades...

...Let's hope he doesn't come on too strong when he goes looking for them. Especially Wanda, if she's working with Tony Stark right now...

Ah, if only he'd coined his catchphrase here. Say it with me: 'Power Rings are awesome.'

Ah, so Wanda hasn't joined Force Works yet. (And what is with that name? Seriously, 90's...)

A bit older than they were in the comics when Magneto met them, if I remember right... It wasn't really declared outright, after all...

Heh. Bit of a mood, learning you have kids you didn't know about out there...

To be fair, you won't know if he'll stay bought until the wedding...

What a juxtaposition between plotlines. OL getting embroiled in messy diplomatic stuff... While Lantern here is trying to navigate the minefield of super-heroic romance. :D And honestly, I don't know which I prefer more. Lantern's probably causing more butterflies than anyone could predict, though... I shudder to imagine what Cable is thinking.

From behind his full face helmet...
    Perfectly presentable man… For your age… I'm seeing-"

27. Oglymogly

Oglymogly I trust you know where the happy button is?

I am enjoying this story line, thank you for the update!

Ardy, Tutan0ss and Doccer like this.
  28. Bud-E

Bud-E Stand up so I can push you down!

I'm guessing this Paul used some type of sleeping gas last time he met Mags.

foodinfamous, Ardy, Cuchulin and 6 others like this.
  29. BR549

BR549 This is filth! FILTH!!

I suspect this is a good representation of Cable right...about...now.

[​IMG]

mastermenthe, Ardy, Cuchulin and 10 others like this.
  30. Doccer

Doccer I trust you know where the happy button is?

Good thing the Senator has such a big scary mutant that kills people for reasons he dislikes and he can point to to keep his constituents paralyzed with fear isn't it? I mean can you imagine how far he would get if he didn't have you Maggie?