1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

Realistically?

They would be 100% immune to assimilation due to being pretty much pure ego.

Old Knife, Bud-E and Chojin Patriarch like this.
  2. AmericanNumbers

AmericanNumbers Not too sore, are you?

Wait, if it's Sparta being consumed by avarice? That's got to be very bad for Sparta fighting the avatar of the Orange Light. Feels like that would make her extremely susceptible to assimilation (much like Black thoughts would be very bad in the face of the Anti-Life)

Ardy, Jaron, mastermenthe and 5 others like this.
  3. Ciber

Ciber Know what you're doing yet?

Alternately
    "You may not use our light"

4. Venustoise

Venustoise Getting sticky.

Wait, Sparta using Avarice fueled Godspeech... me thinks the Ophidian will take insult to some puny god trying to piggyback off her power. Either she utterly removes Sparta's ability to feel desire (was she the one who did that to Larfleeze? Can't recall of the top of my head) or she decides to make her a toy (like she did that one Saremite).

Cuchulin, Prince Charon and BR549 like this.
  5. transhumansage

transhumansage Versed in the lewd.

what does the armor look like. can i get a picture?
    what do you mean? they are a corporeal race.

6. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

It's an important part of her religion.
    Thank you, corrected.

Cuchulin, Prince Charon, Ardy and 3 others like this.
  7. Mr Zoat

I can't immediately call to mind power armour that looks like it does. Basically, the head is enclosed with the torso.
    Depends. How good at drawing are you?

8. Lord Ernest

Lord Ernest At the End...

I'm happy that the Illustres is using his Destruction Pulse, anything else was soft-balling these enemies. Now he needs to really push his metaphysical weight around; disconnect these viruses from the orange light to see how they like it, brand and subvert some of them, some Feed Me and All Things Strive as well!

These new New Gods might ve dangerous but I can't believe that their souls have more weight than the human Avatar of the Ophidian.

Oh, and at this point I think the Illustres' armor probably looks like a more square version of Robby the Robot or something like that, so something aesthetically unpleasing. At least make it 40k-like if you want it that bulky and unwieldy.

9. _The_Bomb

_The_Bomb Getting sticky.

I was so excited for Paul to be able to speak Godspeech! Hmm… I wonder if broadcasting his name would knock out all ascended in the system (plus him, but that would be a decent trade in this context). Ah, wait. We very much don’t want to knock out the ones doing the ritual.

DeathReaperZ likes this.
  10. Bramble Thorn

Bramble Thorn Verified Silhouette

11. MadMarx420

MadMarx420 Not too sore, are you?

Sorry if this sounds odd but does anyone have the entire list of Chapters of Paul in the He-Man universe?

Cuchulin likes this.
  12. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

They are in Episode 94: Equestrian Girls and Episode 122: Vantavendi.

Cuchulin, Ardy and mastermenthe like this.
  13. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

We hardly knew them.

"it's not"

Unless that's not part of their funerary customs.

Assblaster5000 and Mr Zoat like this.
  14. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Even if she was, she could have escaped.

And right now it's raining crazy bitches and cats.

I think renegade assimilated that other Lobo, but I'm not sure.

He definitely assimilated that Green Lantern black ops guy.

15. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

Mr Zoat, since the latest Episode starts in January, shouldn't the previous Episodes be combined into one folder and labelled July to December while the latest Episode be labelled under 2013?

Silveraith and Ardy like this.
  16. _The_Bomb

_The_Bomb Getting sticky.

Took me a sec to remember that OL is currently female.

17. Mr Zoat

Thank you, corrected.
    When I create an overspoiler button, it probably will be.

18. Windona

Windona Beetle Queen of Crackshipping

Interesting. I don’t recall Sparta having an orange Lantern ring, but I assume all shall be revealed.

Huh, I wonder if any of the Citizenry will find themselves submitted to Hades judgement. Or some God connected to the Ascendents.

19. transhumansage

terribad at drawing. how does she swivel her neck about? what about feelings of claustrophobia? i guess there are cameras to let him see in 360 degrees?

Xmaster3000 likes this.
  20. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

Nobody ever said LePaul was good at designing Power Armor.

21. Mr Zoat

Fairly easily, but there's not much point. The armour's computer can display the exterior right in front of her, if for some reason her ring can't do that with a direct feed to her brain.
    [​IMG]

012345, Xmaster3000, Cuchulin and 3 others like this.
  22. Mr Zoat

23. Bramble Thorn

Bramble Thorn Verified Silhouette

Funnily enough, when you use the 'insert edit' link button to add an image, there are these 8 blue squares at the corners and midpoint you are supposed to be able to use to make the image a manageable size.

They do nothing.
    Once you press post, any resizing you did gets undone.

So... have a face full of Alien Wang Krang, on me!

24. Threadmarks: Fleet Traction (part 27)
    Mr Zoat

1st January 2013
    22:16 GMT

I keep firing, destructive pulses flying through the building towards Astarte.

"No."

I get exactly two hits on her as she tries to dodge while maintaining the ability to shoot back. One hits her torso and the other on her left arm, scarring the armour but not disabling her. Then Aramis interposes herself, shoving Astarte aside and… Just soaking the hits. Her armour is blasted apart and the orange bolts start eating into her flesh.

"That's it! Make me feel-"
    Die!
    I dodge to the side as Astarte fires another shot, my ability to analyse her actions increasing the longer my ring studies her.

"-pain!"

Really?

The pulses chew through her skin and muscle, but she clearly doesn't care. Her head's tilted back and she's laughing, and… I just can't work up the same contempt for her that I have for Astarte.

In front of me the Ascendants try to hold back the frenzied Sparta. But she's a lot stronger than them, and it looks like a losing battle. The Citizenry rally, careful to keep out of the line of sight between me and their superiors. Raising their guns, they-.

"Last ones."

The Fungoid phases through the floor and opens its arms wide, spores spreading outwards to cover the blindsided Citizens. A few get shots off, but they're poorly aimed and hit only solid armour plates. The rest try to stagger away, but having already taken a lungful-.

Aramis shatters the Fungoid construct lantern with brute force, flying straight through the tower-. And running straight into my crumbler ram construct as I lurch to the side. Ah, she doesn't have a natural flying ability. Without the ability to launch herself off objects with super strength, she's stuck at the same airspeed as the other Citizens. The construct ram smashes through the left side of her face, though for some reason it's more 'mashes' than 'reduced to component atoms'.

And then she turns around and grins, one half normal jaw and the other half bloody exposed bone. I can see the flesh wriggling and writhing as it heals.

"You soft-pedalling me in the arena?"

She lunges, and this time I try a cold gun as I fly aside. She holds out her right arm, letting it freeze completely solid. But it looks like that provides enough insulation to stop the rest of her still-healing body from freezing along with it.

"A woman could take that the wrong way."

And of course the knock-out spores aren't doing anything. She-.

She's slow in the air. I'm trying to keep Athyns safe. As long as I keep both Aramis and Astarte focused on me, I'm achieving that aim.

On the other hand, if she's basically immortal…

I move aside as she lunges again, firing my cold gun at her trunk. Another hit, but she twists and uses her frozen arm to block as much as she can and it's not freezing her fast enough. I can see her bare flesh thawing as I watch. She's grinning-. Or that could just be from the lack of flesh on her face. But I've been lining her up.
    Die!
    I dodge aside and Aramis takes Astarte's blaster shot right in the face. It tunnels through, into the lower part of her brain and then out of the back of her skull.

I turn around as her body drops.

"Thank you."

I see her eyes flick to Spar-.

She fires at the Ascendants who have just about got their former mistress under control. Two die in one shot, and the blood-maddened Sparta tears out the throat of a third and then lunges-.

WORLD MADE WHOLE

Sparta stops, stunned. My armour… Flares, not with orange light, but… It's as if the orange is forming a corona around something I can't see or feel. Astarte's armour dims and her blaster fails. She looks blank for a moment, then favours me with a look of absolute hatred before turning and fleeing.

Point defence fire from both my ship and the local one sleet through the air, battering her armour. Which doesn't seem to be providing her with the same protection that it was a few moments ago. I form-. I try to form-.

Can't form constructs. I could-.

BOOM!

A shimmering portal appears just ahead of Astarte, and she dives through. She was bleeding from a dozen minor wounds, but I doubt that will prove a-

BOOM!

-problem. I look down and watch Aramis shakily raise two index fingers up at me as she falls through another tube, the hole in her head... Still completely open.

Objective achieved, bonus objective-

"It should have been mine."

-failed. I fly into the tower, looking at the fallen Ascendants. Several are still alive, but without constructs the only way I've got to heal people is the purple healing ray on my power armour. And Sparta's still active and I have no idea what's going through her head right now.
    Be whole, my children.
    The Ascendant I'm looking at jerks up, the wound that pierced her chest glowing for a moment and then just vanishing. She pats the hole in her armour and then looks up at me for some sort of explanation.

"I believe that Athyns has succeeded. How does the thaumosphere feel?"

"Vital."

The man next to her -who I was sure was dead- staggers upright, spear pointing at Sparta. Sparta doesn't even bother looking at it, just staring at-.

The fortified doors clunk open and Athyns walks down the stairs towards us. He looks…

I wouldn't say like a god. But more like a god than he did a little while ago.

And the others… I can see a small part of the aura the New Titans had around each of them. And for a moment I'm extremely curious about how that worked, but… I'm not a good enough thaumaturgist to decipher it, and it's not my job anyway.

Athyns looks over the Ascendants, who drop to their knees. Nodding, he turns to me-.

"Did the Illustres recruit one of us?"

"No, sorry. Hang on."

And I'm a man again. That was mildly unsettling.

"I thought that if I issued a challenge according to their customs, they might hold off. Unfortunately, I was wrong." I resummon the Fungoid. "We have prisoners in the lower levels. This construct can help you with them. I need to get back into space to make sure that they leave."

"That won't be necessary." He looks up, in the direction of the Citizenry's ship. "I allowed Astarte to retreat, but that is all. The technology they were given by Grayven will not work here any longer. And the performance of our ships will be somewhat better."

"Understood. Do you want me to stay, in case Grayven tries something? Or leave, in case I provoke someone?"

"Neither. You helped us, despite my refusal to ally with you. We will bury the dead, and then we will celebrate Grandmother Rhea's return together."

Last edited: Dec 23, 2022
  25. Syphi

Syphi Reading four stories at a time.

What I took from this is he can achieve apotheosis at any time into somethingclose to a new god, he just doesn't want to and can in fact reverse it.

Good read.

26. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

So are the New Titans going to come back to life or consciousness, or did these Ascendants take their place abd absorbed their power?

Looks like the ritual brought her back.

kerleth, Prince Charon, Ardy and 2 others like this.
  27. moralrelativity

moralrelativity Recovering pendant.

fire -> fires
    delete "around them"

28. Handlewithcare

Handlewithcare Versed in the lewd.

He allowed Astarte to retreat! Why?!

Guess the usual arrogance after a power boost hit him immediately, huh?

And I guess Neno has God allies now? Which should come in handy.

29. transhumansage

is it possible ol could chase after astarte and kill them off? like setting of a nuclear charge inside their ship?

Cuchulin likes this.
  30. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

Ah, goddamn regen tanks. Only thing worse than something that can outheal your damage is something that takes less of it in the first place, though. And thankfully, Aramis doesn't have any passive buffs like that...

Whoops, and there's a debuff from Astarte. Fortunately, she seems more concerned with killing OL-chan right now than completing her previous objective. Got to love short-sighted fools.

I suppose if you've got a healing factor that powerful, you end up becoming something of a masochist...

Yeah, bad idea for the mooks to get the attention of the big guns in this fight. They're likely to get squashed.

See? Down in one hit. Gotta love those poison builds... :p

Maybe her bodily tissues are just that damn dense? I mean, Lobo can survive exposure to space without any protection (even assuming that his space-hog even has an environmental field.)

Well, it was kind of a delaying action. One that failed utterly, but still...

Oh god, this is basically her idea of flirting, isn't it? Do any survivors of her attentions in the combat ring get invited to her room once they heal? :oops:

Velorpians and Czarnians aren't exactly know for their airworthiness, after all. And presumably, the Ascendants in the ritual chamber can deal with Sparta.

Because if your weapons aren't hurting a tank...

...Perhaps someone else's will. :D That should take Aramis down for... Five minutes, maybe?

After all, time is running out to get their hands on the Titan Seeds.

Oh, tough luck, ladies. :cool: Too late.

Ooh, looks like someone managed to erect a 'No New God technology' bubble.

Only problem is, it seems to be stifling OL's abilities too. That's not great.

And of course it doesn't affect their evacuation.

Huh, half expected her to flash the middle fingers. Guess that's more of 'We'll meet again, honey!' move...

Sparta seems almost broken, by the sound of her.

Ah, good to have that confirmed, then. It cost a fair bit, but hopefully it pays off.

Yeah, she's basically gone bye-bye, hasn't she?

More of a demi-god who's gotten a taste of the good Ambrosia, huh?

Oh, right, OL's still in girl-type mode, huh?

Aw, no more OL-chan. :sneaky: For now...

...That seems unwise. Are you sure you don't want to press your advantage while you can? I don't imagine they'll leave you alone.

...Oh, that's going to be... Interesting.

I suppose it's not really OL's place to decide whether to give chase, this being an unaligned and technically neutral system. And it's unlikely he could reach the Citizenry's flotilla before they fled, anyway. Nor fight them single-handedly with any real effectiveness. Still, I doubt this will be the end of Minosyss' troubles with Grayven's plans. Still, crisis over, and presumably not too many dead allies... Those Reach ships are still en-route too...