1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. SotF

SotF And Away We Go!

Relations could also, technically, mean Sabertooth there

2. Z000

Z000 If this is trash, then find me in the dumpster

yeah, Logan been around long enough that he probably can field 2 soccer team using nothing but his own children

3. TodaBruh

TodaBruh Fiction is life's spice <( ̄︶ ̄)↗

When they said the stars are the limit, they didn't mean it literally.

mastermenthe and Cuchulin like this.
  4. RichardWhereat

RichardWhereat Aia airëa Fëanáro.

Isn't Scott's dad a space pirate? Won't he be in space on a space pirate ship? Coolness skips generations.

Cuchulin, cerberus beasty and Ardy like this.
  5. Duke Long

Duke Long Glomerulus

‘that he’
    ’like it’

Mr Zoat and Chojin Patriarch like this.
  6. Pinklestia

Pinklestia Well worn.

Yeah no clue why the writers tried so hard into making him hateful, they only ended making the Inhumans worse that Marvel's Canada.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2022
    Senevri likes this.
  7. Breadnaught

Breadnaught Experienced.

With all the wacky comic shenanigans, I'd be amused if this was something really mundane.

Like the guys who found Alex were poachers, hunting deer out of state without the appropriate licence. So they didn't want to report finding this unconscious kid HERE, because they'd get in trouble. So they drive him back home and say they found him THERE instead.

The kid still gets help, so it doesn't matter, right?

8. Tzeentch

Tzeentch I trust you know where the happy button is?

Not to mention the "Man on The Moon" will be there watching everything, and I do mean EVERYTHING.

Cuchulin and Ardy like this.
  9. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Thank you, corrected.
    As far as I'm concerned, that's his role. Having had to be responsible for himself for most of his life, he's developed into a solid and sensible man.
    He located what he believes to be the remains of Logan's natural parents. He doesn't know who they are, but given Logan's memory issues he realises that they might help.

mastermenthe, m_d, BR549 and 11 others like this.
  10. Mr Zoat

He's in another galaxy. This version of the SI wouldn't be able to scan him from Earth.
    Thank you, corrected.

11. Stsword

Stsword Versed in the lewd.

Or Dog, his half brother. He and Sabretooth had a funny little exchange in the comics. "So you're the runt's brother?" "So you're the guy who wishes he were his brother, eh?"

Avery Conner, who had Wolverine's DNA grafted into her own.

John Jr, his older brother.

Kouen, another clone.

Reine du Rien, a mutant witch born in a timeline that got erased. She and Rachel should form a support group.

12. Sockmonkey

Sockmonkey I trust you know where the happy button is?

Ooo, is he gonna slip and drop the bomb by doing the "calling everyone by their proper names" thing he does and call Logan James?

13. Chaoswind

Chaoswind Lord of nonsense

Logan is going to be told about his clones and his natural son, and who knows who else Zoat is going to pull off his hat. X23 is the one that survived the whole ordeal and inherited Logan powers at full, but if we mix up the comics with the animated timeline, then some of the other cloned sisters/daughters should be still alive at this point in the timeline so Logan probably has around a dozen sisters/daughters to rescue from being experimented on, so that is probably going to be a mission for the Xmen in the near future. Daken should also be around at this time, so Paul is probably going to drop all these bombs on Logan at the same time.

Fun times ahead.

Ardy, Cuchulin and Ngamer11 like this.
  14. Mr Zoat

Neither X-23 nor Daken exist in this setting, both first appearing in the comics long after the series stopped.

15. SotF

SotF And Away We Go!

X-23 first appeared in X-Men: Evolution...though there are rumors that she's going to be in the continuation of the series along with several other more popular characters, same as how the original X-Men:TAS run did

Ardy, Cuchulin, Prince Charon and 2 others like this.
  16. Chaoswind

Chaoswind Lord of nonsense

Really? That seems like something odd considering how fucking old Logan is and how many times he has lost his memories, if the clones are a no go then one would expect children to be a thing. Unless the dude is sterile.

Cuchulin likes this.
  17. Someguy Somewhere

Someguy Somewhere The Critical Fumbler

Please recall that the OG material for this is the x-men 92 cartoon....logan's preference for red heads and shagging his way across the last century or two got a bit of a clean up for a Sat. Morning Cartoon from the days of 'won't someone think of the children!'.

Zoat is adding pre-existing connections in a bit earlier then they show in the material, but they Are there to be had. Unless the more recent comic book continuation of this continuity has added in Logan's 'we can't say bastards due to station regulations' children, then they aren't going to be there.

Perhaps he was a wiser man then his 616 alternate when it came to protection, maybe fewer ladies on this earth were in to short hairy foul tempered canadians.

The Closest thing that comes to mind from the cartoon was the Age of Apocalypse episodes with an Alternate Logan wedded to Storm, and the possible implications for that pair once Jean and Scott settle the 'it's a love triangle if you happen to be a few (canadian) beers in and squint a bit' with him.

Oh Jumped Up Elementals, stopping to think about Jean, I've just realized how much of a short circuit this Paul is to the cartoon's Phoenix Saga....

18. Stsword

Stsword Versed in the lewd.

About 80% of both paragon and renegade is stuff that was never been established to exist in YJ. Stuff from new earth. Vertigo. Pre-crisis. Even the occasional tidbit from post flashpoint. Other cartoons. Comics that were part of their own continuity.

So we should believe Zoat suddenly feels constrained by that which was actually established in a setting because why exactly?

Vorian, Windona, Xmaster3000 and 3 others like this.
  19. SotF

SotF And Away We Go!

The old comics did reference the possibility of hm having kids...old comics meaning the ones tied directly to the series, there was a short one, same with a spider-man one, and they'd planned an Iron Man and Avengers thing that never happened. One of the stories involved finding several old things related to Logan, a picture from WW2 of him with Fury and the Commandos and a portrait that's mainly obscured that's described as a family portrait in an old cabin that gets burned down due to Sabertooth and then Sentinels showing up

Chaoswind likes this.
  20. Someguy Somewhere

Someguy Somewhere The Critical Fumbler

Because Mr Zoat has already stated that the clone characters are not included? That they're not included because they were added long after the show was off air? That most of Logan's 'kids' stories are post cartoon era as well? Seems to follow the same logic to me.

It shows that he's going to stick, if not to the exact script, to at least what has and has not been established in the specific setting, same as he did for the mainline stories. I'm sure the butterfly effect of having this Marvel OL around will lead to similar levels of divergence to that of Paragon and Renegade has, but that's unlikely to retroactively effect the starting conditions of the show he's chosen as the base line for this side story.

If you want to pick at things, the whole collection of marvel 90's cartoons, despite the cross overs that were on screen, were listed as distinctly separate marvel earth numbers and shouldn't have the connections were seeing with Zoats work. But he's already mentioned he's ignoring that facet for the sake of sanity and story telling.

If he wants to add stuff, he'll likely have a good reason. if he wants to remove stuff *cough New52 cough* he'll have reasons, and might even tell us if asked nicely. And as far as I can see Logan's love life isn't exactly in the crosshairs at the moment. There IS some in the cartoon to work with if and when he wants to go poke at it. If there's something that was roughly part of the 90s cartoons or related comics from then or the modern continuation (assuming anyone's reading those) then they might squeek in.

21. DeathReaperZ

DeathReaperZ In the Void.

Let's hope he somehow doesn't learn to slow down his perspective of time more than he does now. Otherwise, we'll probably get entire posts dedicated to the extremely detailed killing of a handful of people.

Duke Long and Cuchulin like this.
  22. DeathReaperZ

DeathReaperZ In the Void.

Perhaps the next time he does do so, Jade will be involved in some way.

Chojin Patriarch likes this.
  23. Threadmarks: Meanwhile on Earth 534834 (part 11)
    Mr Zoat

Earth 534834

8th February 1992
    23:43 GMT +3

Ororo looks up as I approach, standing watch over the floodlight-lit beach. People appear to have mostly tried to get back to their holiday. A quick scan shows that most of the staff have been allowed to return to work… Well, it's not like this was a democracy. Either they didn't have any say on what was going on, or they're intelligent enough to know which way the wind has already blown.

I smile as a group of parents try to keep their curious adolescent offspring away from the remains of a crashed robot.

"Things settled down here?"

"Yes, though we have failed to make any progress on deciding what to do with the nation."

"Is that really our job?" I shrug. "We can ferry home everyone who wants to leave and… Hand over everyone in the government who thought that slavery was a good idea to the Hague or something, but beyond that… Is it our job to impose a particular government on Genosha?"

"It is not. But there are risks which come with overthrowing a government, and I would spare these people its consequences."

"Oh, I know. They don’t actually teach us about The Partition of India in British schools, but they probably should." Oh. "Um, funny thing…"

"From the way you are expressing yourself, I suspect that it is not."

"Have I ever told you that you speak really good English? Especially considering your background."

"I think that it would be better if you told me your concern."

"I bumped into Magneto and told him about Genosha. Honestly, he seemed more worried about the fact that he had two children he didn't know about, but… He might end up heading this way."

"And he will do to the unpowered humans what they did to the mutants."

"Not necessarily. There's far less advantage in enslaving baseline humans than there is in enslaving humans with powers. And… It's not like Genosha has been settled all that long. He wouldn't be kicking people out of their ancestral homeland or anything."

"In the future, please avoid passing information about our missions to our enemies."

I nod. "Will do."

She smiles faintly. "In your travels, were you able to find the courage to propose to Rogue?"

"Courage wasn't exactly the problem. But Scott helped me see that I was overthinking it. Do you know where Anne-Marie is?"

"I believe that she has retired for the evening."

"Okay, so, I'm not a woman-."

"Please do not ask me for relationship advice."

Yeah, she's right. If she didn't want to wait six months then she's not going to worry about making a decision fully awake. I can-.

Ororo sighs.

"Um, if you want relationship advice from me-?"

"I do not. My powers are tied to my emotional state. Becoming attached to anyone in such a way would put all those around me in dire peril."

"Seriously, your English is amazing. If the superhero things doesn't work out, you should consider qualifying as an English teacher. But I also think that living without attachment is a half-life, and that it's probably something you could learn to adapt to."

"Thank you, but I do not believe that it is worth the risk."

"Becoming a teacher isn't that hard."

I keep a straight face as she stares at me, unamused. I'd make a reference to the Jedi, but Phantom Menace doesn't exist yet so the whole 'no attachments' thing hasn't entered the public consciousness, if it's even a thing at all in canon yet. I don't remember Luke Skywalker hesitating to engage in romance in the old Star Wars novels I read.

"I'll leave you to it. Excuse me."

"Your shift begins in twenty minutes."

I stop in the air, wincing. I mean, fair enough, this is still a mission, but… "What would it take for you to make that an hour?"

"You would have to find another member of the X-Men to provide you with cover."

Hah! Joke's on her. Hopefully. Ring, is Cable still around?

Location available.

Because I definitely saw an 'X' on his costume, and even if he only inherited it from his father I'm pretty sure he'd be willing to help. I-.

Actually, ring? Don't make me appear right next to him.

Compliance.

I appear… Near the prison where they're holding the high value prisoners. Cable-. He's below me, moving his binoculars up to see what the glowing orange thing above him is. I wave down, lowering myself slowly towards him so that he can object or leave if he doesn't want to talk.

He lowers his binoculars and picks up his gun, but he doesn't actually point it at me as I drop to his level.

"What?"

"Cable, X-Man from the future. Needed a break from fighting Apocalypse?"

His eyes narrow. "Something like that. How do you know me?"

"Parallel universe thing. Look, I need an X-Man to police the beach, and-" I point to his collar. "-you count. Help me out and I'll help you out."

He snarls as he looks towards the prison. "This place reminds me of Apocalypse's breeding pens. Every one of them deserves to die."

"People seldom get what they deserve. I'm afraid that they'll probably just get life imprisonment. Also, none of them are going to be in a position to hurt anyone else ever again."

"And you'll owe me."

"I can introduce you to your father's younger self. I haven't tested myself against someone in Apocalypse's weight class before, but I think I can make myself useful. If that's what you want. Food and equipment, to transport back to the future?"

He considers, then nods. "I can do guard duty. But don't tell my father about me. I don't want to erase myself from time."

I nod as I send out filaments. "Transporting now."

We appear on the beach, and I detach my filaments from Cable before flying back to… Her original room. She didn't move, because her stuff was already in here. I land on the balcony and walk into the room.

"Anne-Marie?"

"Uh?" The shape in the bed stirs. "Paul, hun? That you?"

"Yes."

Anne-Marie blinks, then yawns and stretches and my goodness, yes, those are magnificent breasts.

Right then.

I walk to the side of the bed, then kneel and hold out the rings. Her eyes widen and I hear a sharp intake of breath as she becomes very awake.

"I love you and wish to spend the rest of my life with you. Marry me."

Last edited: Dec 25, 2022
  24. Cherico

Cherico Connoisseur.

single best decision that man can make.

25. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

That should say 'failed'.

I'm interested in seeing how introducing Cable to the current X-Men will play out. And have any of them asked Paul what else he knows?

It's nice that this version of the SI is able to propose to the woman he loves. Also, is this a mistake? Or was this version of the SI able to find a way to reveal his name to the X-Men?

Cuchulin, Ardy, Mr Zoat and 2 others like this.
  26. Ciber

Ciber Know what you're doing yet?

Debatable.

pervyshyguy and Sceptic like this.
  27. TodaBruh

TodaBruh Fiction is life's spice <( ̄︶ ̄)↗

Simple is best.

28. Razorfloss

Razorfloss I trust you know where the happy button is?

I believe he wrote it down on peice of paper.

Doccer and moralrelativity like this.
  29. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

Do you have a link to when that happened?

moralrelativity likes this.
  30. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Probably because he wasn't told everything about the Jedi and their practices.