1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Twisted Pinwheel

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Chibi-Reaper, Jul 12, 2015.

1. Lon

Lon Well worn.

I dunno.

I mean, Glorious. Absolutely.
    Gaudy? It's a matter of course.

Tasteless? I find it hard to think of anything DIO wore as tasteless. Even objectively.
    He had class, and he reveled in it. Especially in stuff that people don't normally wear, because he could coordinate his outfit so well. He didn't just throw gaudy stuff on himself just because he could and hoped it worked out.

Which is why I said I hope people have an idea for what they want, because I can't think of a way to coordinate a gold jumpsuit*. And having MIO not have an outfit with style would be a terrible shame.

*Maybe purple? Black doesn't seem to fit covering gold.
    White might work too.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2016
  2. Xicree

Xicree Destroy and Rejoice!

Nay, the right black over shirt... maybe a tanktop + a jacket and it'll look pretty good on her.

Oh and black elbow and knee pads. She could not just rock it, but make it look awesome on her!

3. Lon

Lon Well worn.

Would the jacket be long or short?

I'm assuming short since your adding the elbows and knee pads.

So black chest from the tanktop and sides from the jacket.
    gold stomach, gold arms, gold legs.
    black elbows, and knees?
    Hmm, doesn't seem right. I think the gold limbs kind of ruins thing in my head.

I was thinking gold with a royal purple belt and gloves might not look bad. But kind of coming up short for what else we could use.

Played around with a white jacket and white leg coverings. Then again, beige might be the better color so it's not too bright.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2016
  4. inverted_helix

inverted_helix Connoisseur.

The head looks so wrong on that body, like a poor photoshop.

5. Hellkite

Hellkite Getting sticky.

[X] Xicree

6. Selias

Selias Well worn.

Stupid sexy Ami.

Wheenesss, Winged One and GiftofLove like this.
  7. Koled

Koled Versed in the lewd.

[X] "You might get a few free seconds over an opponent while they were gawking, if you wore something over it."
    -[X] It's also probably easier to move in.
    -[X] "I want one. In Black!"

If we get it in GOLD Mio can't paint her nails that glorious coolor so lets leave the best for the accesories.

8. Plotvitalnpc

Plotvitalnpc Personification Personified

Iunno, the way I see it that outfit would've looked idiotic on most, but because of two things it looked good on DIO.
    One: he had a proper affinity for wearing those things.
    Two: he had overwhelming charisma as a character. If he chose to wear something, his screen presence made you accept that choice.

9. Valette-Serafina

Valette-Serafina Shameless Shadow

Whyever would MIO be unable to paint her nails gold? The more gold, the better.

10. Threadmarks: Chakra: the guts and sweat.
    Chibi-Reaper

Chibi-Reaper D-Donations plz?

"Mooooron." you say, thumping Ami in the head. "It's a gift from a Jounin suited to your specialization."

"I'm not specializing in anything yet!" Ami snaps back.

"Wear it." you continue.

"No!" Ami rejects without any form of hesitation.

Idiot girl. Is this about fashion? The fool. You can't sit back and just follow the trends. Better to set the trends yourself, and let everyone else follow in your wake like shifting water.

"I'll take one in gold!" you declare.

"Don't you dare. If you show up and start chasing us around with bodysuits and masked helmets we are through." Ami seethes.

Fuki sighs deeply, picks the suit up, and stretches it a little.

"Probably okay for training... maybe if you're wearing more stuff over or under it. Or both." She decides, dubiously.

"Don't give in, Fuki!" Ami yells.

Over it all, Gai laughs like he's watching the greatest show of manzai comedy in the world, for free. Then he says something about feeding the flames of your youth, but you can't quite make out what because Ami's gotten an elbow in at your ear and it's ringing like a bell.

And then he disappears, before you can wheedle further training or one of those suits out of him. There's a tag in the jump-suit that you've memorized, though, so you can show up and buy something for yourself.

"Haaah..." you sigh, wiggling a pinky in your ear until it seems like you can hear well enough again. "Oh, and shonen-girl. Keep in mind that breaking a few little rules only matters if you're caught. If you aren't, then who's to say they were broken at all?"

".... Not all of us have a clan to throw their weight behind us over that sort of thing, if we get caught." Fuki says, stiffly. "Or family that could do anything about it at all."

... You guess that's all that's going to be said, and huff in annoyance before stalking off.

Clan.

The ninja clan.

What's so great about being part of a clan? There are perks, but it really irritates you that people seem to think it's just sunshine on flowers all of the time, and disregard, or don't care, about the spiders in the garden.

You sulk most of the way back home, behind the walls that seem at the same time to both defend and imprison the Uchiha clan, then come to a stop as someone slinks out of the shadows.

"Hey there, little spitfire." Shisui chuckles, waving slightly. "Hoped I'd run into you. You might not want to go home right away."

You turn your head a little, looking in that direction, and then scowl.

"... Politics again, so soon?" you spit in slight disgust.

"Well, you know how it is. Your situation is kind of unique... and a lot of the elders are curious to see if it might breed true." Shisui admits. "So they've got elder Ryuichi's grandson waiting in there for a surprise omiai."

Ryuichi's...? Isn't that one a career chuunin? Made the grade and backed out of service to join up as one more member of the overstaffed police force. At this point, just a pawn of his grandfather, being jerked around on invisible strings.

You doubt that he's had the motivation to so much as take a shit on his own for at least the last ten years.

"Disgusting. I can't handle this the same way Mother did, yet..." you muse to yourself, scowling.

She ran the elders out of her house with a broomstick that could smash through trees whenever she saw hide or hair of them, after a while. You remember that very well.

... You don't like thinking too much about your early years, though. Too much wells up, of the memory of bone-deep exhaustion that never fades no matter how much you sleep, and the gnawing and ravenous hunger that isn't sated no matter how much you gorge yourself...

For the sake of your blood, the Sharingan never drained you to the point of death. But it was a near thing sometimes, and in spite of the elders' desires, you couldn't just start copying jutsu and throwing them around the moment you learned to walk. You'd have died for real, if you'd tried.

"Hah... that's what I'd expect the brat with the gumption to steal my body-flicker to say, really." Shisui chuckles.

"You have no room to talk." you snort. "Unless you're saying that you don't have your own instructions? Sabotaging a direct move to further your own chances..."

"Sharp. But y'know, while I don't mind throwing a few caltrops on the old folks' dance floor... I kind of prefer looking for suitors a little closer to my own age." Shisui claims, shrugging.

You'd like to believe that, but aren't inclined to trust him at his word. Shisui can easily be claimed to be the strongest of this generation. If the elders have some kind of breeding program in mind, he's probably someone most, if not all, of them could agree on. Probably drool over the thought, really. Your own situation matched with his demonstrations of skill... they'd probably think of it like the possibility of a new Madara.

Without a further word, you turn on your heel and stalk away. It's nice weather, and should hold. It doesn't hurt anything for you to take a nap somewhere, and leave your surprise marriage-interview to just stew.

That's right, Gai threw that shuriken... you unfold it and read the contents.

It takes a moment before you realize, a little baffled, that the note inside might as well have just been copied word for word from a basic-level textbook on chakra and its properties.

Chakra is generated constantly by everything that lives. Through training, you can generate more, faster, and more potent chakra. This chakra remains in your coils until used, and if you entirely run out of it, you're likely to die. Unless you get immediate medical attention, you probably will die.

The bit he scribbled down refers to the tenketsu, specifically. Tiny 'bleed-off' pin-holes in the chakra coils that vent the chakra, either when used or when it's built up to the point that your reserves are full, and the chakra that is generated has nowhere to go and pushes the old chakra out to dissipate and make space.

.... And that's it.

You don't see how that's relevant. Is he trying to say that he forms the illusion... that it's related to his tenketsu, or the natural process of venting excess chakra like sweat?

Ah, how annoying. You suppose you should have known better than to expect a direct answer, or everyone would know how that thing he does works, though.

Well, whatever.

Sensei is visibly unimpressed when you slouch into class the next day in the same set of grass-stained clothes and picking leaves out of your hair.

---

[ ] Ami and the other two get into a fashion disagreement with the Yamanaka girl and her pink pet. Blood is spilled, and a show-off with neutral judges is arranged. You weren't initially invited, which is a grave insult. Are you not worth including in a fashion contest? Bitch, you are fashion. What's more fashionable than coordinated armor and jumpsuits?
    [ ] There's some kind of civilian holy festival going on, and while the standard Uchiha response to such things is 'what an adorable waste of time when you could instead be learning to stab better', there's enough civilian kids in the class that you can be justified in getting dragged along to the candy and games without much note. Sucks to be you, Sasuke, have fun not-having-fun.
    [ ] The academy instructors have finally made it to a demonstration of the replacement technique, first of the standard three.
    [ ] You feel like harassing the afro-girl in her medical studies.
    [ ] The library is always an option.
    [ ] ??

11. Plotvitalnpc

[] The academy instructors have finally made it to a demonstration of the replacement technique, first of the standard three.

Kawarimi is cool.
    Those creeplord fucking clan elders aren't.

My alternative option would be following through on our memorization of that tag and actually getting Mio a sparkling gold jumpsuit.
    One without the slightest traces of the Uchiha emblem.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2016
  12. Snake/Eater

Snake/Eater Myth Maker of the North

[X] The library is always an option.

13. mc2rpg

mc2rpg Versed in the lewd.

[X] The academy instructors have finally made it to a demonstration of the replacement technique, first of the standard three.

14. prandom

prandom Definitely Trustworthy

[X] You WILL figure out that damn illusion, if it kills you! TO THE LIBRARY! ... but first, to the store to pick up your beautiful new golden suit.

15. Nanimani

Nanimani Listening to music

[X] The academy instructors have finally made it to a demonstration of the replacement technique, first of the standard three.[​IMG]

More seriously, it's rather OP for a starting jutsu on paper, so I look forward to seeing its limitations, which is only something we can do while learning about it.

16. macdjord

macdjord Well worn.

[X] You WILL figure out that damn illusion, if it kills you! TO THE LIBRARY! ... but first, to the store to pick up your beautiful new golden suit.

Grosstoad likes this.
  17. Ct613hulu

Ct613hulu Experienced.

[X] The academy instructors have finally made it to a demonstration of the replacement technique, first of the standard three.

I look forward to seeing Mio learn of the power of the ALMIGHTY LOG.

Winged One likes this.
  18. shaderic

shaderic An ordinary cat?

[X] You WILL figure out that damn illusion, if it kills you! TO THE LIBRARY! ... but first, to the store to pick up your beautiful new black suit.

Time to go learn how to be awesome and spawn our own Rising Sun.

Also, gold outerwear, black innerwear. This is FASHION.

Nanimani likes this.
  19. GiftofLove

GiftofLove A Gift From The Heart

[] You WILL figure out that damn illusion, if it kills you! TO THE LIBRARY! ... but first, to the store to pick up your beautiful new golden suit.

I love the idea of this, but I'm holding out until Xicree gets here and puts up his (probable) version. I like the idea using it as the base for an outfit.

Plus I noticed that outfit didn't have pants, so I'm just laughing at her growing up and everyone shaking their fists at stupid sexy Mio, Demon Goddess of the Uchiha.

20. Adyen

Adyen Experienced.

[X] Wait, is he saying that the effect created via tenketsu can't be copied or detected by the eyes that the Elders were so hyped over? That offers possibilities...
    -[X] Especially possibilities that you can annoy the Elders with things that they can't blame on you!
    -[X] You WILL figure out that damn illusion, if it kills you! TO THE LIBRARY!

21. Irked

Irked Experienced.

22. Plotvitalnpc

Valette-Serafina likes this.
  23. Lon

Lon Well worn.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2016
  24. Redon

Redon the baka nerbie

[X] There's some kind of civilian holy festival going on, and while the standard Uchiha response to such things is 'what an adorable waste of time when you could instead be learning to stab better', there's enough civilian kids in the class that you can be justified in getting dragged along to the candy and games without much note. Sucks to be you, Sasuke, have fun not-having-fun.

I will continue to vote for this. Because I do NOT want yet another "the library the quest" quest.

Grosstoad, Lon and mc2rpg like this.
  25. Valette-Serafina

Valette-Serafina Shameless Shadow

26. Grosstoad

Grosstoad Whimsical Paranoid Creeper

. . . I am conflicted. So conflicted.

"The log! The log! The log that Shodaime gave us! It will take your pain! Your wounds! Your sins! WORSHIP IT!"
    I forgot what fic did that, but it was funny.

27. Deathwings

Deathwings Questionable French Guy

[X] You WILL figure out that damn illusion, if it kills you! TO THE LIBRARY! ... but first, to the store to pick up your beautiful new black suit.

Now, now, trust in the Chibi for the Chibi always find ways to make things FUN.

Valette-Serafina likes this.
  28. theqwopingone

theqwopingone Journeyman rationalist wannabe. Gone for Good

29. Koled

Koled Versed in the lewd.

Maybe it's a sealess bunshin variant? Forming sunset constructs with chackra,no if it was the sharinga would haev gotten it....

30. Butter Flies

Butter Flies Versed in the lewd.

YAWALEH. And its sequel, T2R2.

Grosstoad likes this.