1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Strike the Quest! [Strike the Blood/AU Quest]

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Raziel, Feb 24, 2016.

1. Threadmarks: Opening Post: Chargen
    Raziel

Raziel Angel of Secrets

AN: No, I don't think the title is clever, yes, I'm bad with names.

I put 'AU' up there partly because I've never read the Light Novels, so anything not shown/explained in the anime isn't making an appearance, and partly because of a few minor changes from even that.

Itogami Island. Located 300 kilometers south of Tokyo, it is a man-made island built from carbon fiber, resin, metal, and magic. The island was built as a place for Demons of various types- Vampires, Therianthropes, Spirits, etc, -to live without fear of being hunted or persecuted. They gain the right to live in peace by abiding to the terms of the Sacred Treaty, registering with the Man-made Island Management Corporation and taking part in certain research programs.

You are a student on this island, who moved here two years ago for various reasons. Before we move on, it's time to create your character. You will be more-or-less average for your species, with one exception in the form of a Boon, which will be decided after chargen. Examples of Boons are things like a human with cybernetic enhancements, or a Vampire with a great many or extremely powerful Familiars, or even just higher physical abilities or social status. Your Boon is pretty freeform, and you can suggest pretty much anything once we reach that point. You are limited to one though.

[X] Name

[X] Age (15-18)

[X] Appearance (picture or description)

[X] Male

[X] Female

Your species.

[X] Human. You're an average sap, nothing strange about you... Maybe.

[X] Attack Mage. Whether a Hermetic Alchemist, Omnyoji, or Vodoun Priest, you have a talent for magic and have trained it to the point of being a registered Attack Mage. Attack Mages are humanity's front line against the Demons, who otherwise outclass them in combat.

[X] Homunculus. Created by a mix of magic and science, you are an artificial human. Generally created to perform a specific task, Homunculi can be used as disposable attack dogs, testing beds for drugs and Demon-Enhancement surgeries, or just personal assistants and even custom-made children. Legally, most countries consider Homunculi 'Objects' rather than 'People'.

[X] Vampire. Widely accepted as the most powerful of the Demon species, Vampires boast enhanced physical abilities, high magical power, biological immortality and regeneration. However, even all this is not what places them at the top of the supernatural world. Instead, their ability to command 'Familiars', magical creatures of great power who can only be controlled by Vampires, is the reason for their position.

[X] Therianthrope. Often referred to as 'Werebeasts', Therianthropes are the most physically imposing of the Demons you are likely to see on the street. Their strength and agility is, on average, greater than the common Vampire, but their magical power is weak, and they lack the trump card of a Familiar.

2. kinglugia

kinglugia A Randy Avian

[X] Renault Schweitzer

[X] Age (15)

[X] Appearance

[X] Male

Your species.
    [X] Attack Mage. Whether a Hermetic Alchemist, Omnyoji, or Vodoun Priest, you have a talent for magic and have trained it to the point of being a registered Attack Mage. Attack Mages are humanity's front line against the Demons, who otherwise outclass them in combat.

3. Kelenas

Kelenas Experienced.

[X] Kenta Brückler

[X] Age (15)

[X] Link

[X] Male

[X] Therianthrope. Often referred to as 'Werebeasts', Therianthropes are the most physically imposing of the Demons you are likely to see on the street. Their strength and agility is, on average, greater than the common Vampire, but their magical power is weak, and they lack the trump card of a Familiar.

Haven't read/watched Strike the Blood beyond some wiki-diving, but it looks interesting. And I like the idea of playing a quiet and friendly half-German/half-Japanese kid who can turn into a Werebear. Assuming that's possible, of course.

4. Valeshin

Valeshin RNG God

[X] Mana Brunestud
    [X] 17
    [X] Link
    [X] Female
    [X] Vampire. Widely accepted as the most powerful of the Demon species, Vampires boast enhanced physical abilities, high magical power, biological immortality and regeneration. However, even all this is not what places them at the top of the supernatural world. Instead, their ability to command 'Familiars', magical creatures of great power who can only be controlled by Vampires, is the reason for their position.

5. Ct613hulu

Ct613hulu Experienced.

[X] Mana Brunestud
    [X] 17
    [X] Link
    [X] Female

6. Raziel

Raziel Angel of Secrets

Well, now that I have something approaching 'consensus'... Vote will be closed in 24 hours.
    Raziel rolled 1 die of 3 faces, total: 1
    For: Familiars
    Rolled on: March-01-2016, 07:54pm

Last edited: Mar 1, 2016
  7. notthepenguins

notthepenguins Not too sore, are you?

Vote's closed, so I'm not voting, this has my attention.

8. Raziel

Raziel Angel of Secrets

Right, so the winning vote is to be a 17 year old, female vampire who looks like Ryougi Shiki, is named after Shiki's daughter, and has the same last name as Nasu's Super-Vampires.

Well, I can work with this.

Anyway, it is time to select your 'Boon', after which I'll write the actual update. Feel free to suggest just about anything, from being nobility, to knowing magic, to having more Familiars, ect.

You, by default, have a single Familiar, which I will define the abilities, form, and name of. If you decide to spend your Boon on your Familiar, I'll let you decide if you want to make your own Familiar.

9. Valeshin

Valeshin RNG God

Probably it's for the best we go for having more familiars or anyway something related to them, as they can be pretty strong. Otherwise some benefits or special but not overpowered abilities would be useful. Any ideas? I was thinking about some eye related power like seeing everything in slow motion or something like that, otherwise more familiars could be useful I suppose, if anyone doesn't have an idea for one.

10. notthepenguins

notthepenguins Not too sore, are you?

More Familiars provides versatility, which I'm personally all for. Nobility is also cool though.