1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

St. Patrick's Day Advice

Discussion in 'General' started by PlasticSoldier, Mar 18, 2023.

1. PlasticSoldier

PlasticSoldier Experienced.

I realize that it's currently St. Patrick's Day, so I figured I'd give you some advice, if you want to get drunk, it's more important to drink quickly than to make sure your drinks taste good. Oh yeah, #420YOLOSWAG.

2. Guardian Box

Guardian Box Theocratic Capitalist

The most important thing is to get drunk.

Also nice to know that in retrospect I had a justification to get shitfaced yesterday.

Incidentally, any holidays I can celebrate today? I already started this morning, just wanted to know what I'm celebrating right now.

3. Dakkaface

Dakkaface Magical Defender of Justice

Late advice:, but maybe it'll stick for next year.

It takes time for alcohol to enter your bloodstream. Do not do multiple rounds of shots back to back, because when it hits you, you will go from sober to absolutely fucked to puking very fast. For an all-day-into-the-night event like St. Pats, pace yourself and drink mostly beer or you will certainly pass out early. Unless you want to do an any% drunk speedrun, then go wild, but the staff will not thank you.

Eat. Food slows alcohol absorption. And helps with pacing yourself when drinking beer because your stomachs volume will be partially filled.

Do not fucking drive. Absolutely do not fucking drive. Even if you think you're some kind of drunk driving savant - what about every other fucker who was at that block party? You think they're savants too? Take a cab, or if you can, walk to and crash at a nearby friend's place.

Do not walk into an Irish pub and ask for green beer. You don't walk into an Italian restaurant and order Chef Boyardee, so order something actually Irish, or just get your usual drink. Any Irish bar worth the name will have Guinness. Probably Harp or Smithwicks too. If you're not into beer, whiskey & ginger ale is a good and easy mixed drink. Jameson, Bushmills, Tullamore Dew, Powers, and Paddy's are all Irish whiskeys. I'm partial to the higher end Tullamore Dews myself.

Drink water. Hangovers are caused by dehydration, so making sure to hydrate will extend your endurance for the long day and also stave off feeling like death the day after.

Be patient. There are hundreds of other people who also want to drink. There's only a few bartenders. Don't be an ass because you have to wait. For that matter, not everyone behind the bar IS a bartender, so don't get mad because that one guy or gal is ignoring you. They're not a bartender, it's literally not their job to serve you. Don't be an ass about it.

Know where the trash cans and bathrooms are. Nobody wants to deal with your vomit. If you gotta puke, do it, but know when to run for the nearest bin or toilet so you're not barfing into a pint glass or on your mates or dates.