1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Threadmarks: Butcher's Blood (supplementary, Renegade Option)
    Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

21st January 2013
    13:12 GMT

Geoffrey's muzzle wrinkles as he regards his powerful-looking paws. I suppose that him being a diamond bulldog is kind of appropriate.

"Was this really necessary?"

Guy grins. The Tombola of Destiny granted him the body of a white-pelted and ginger-maned earth pony, and a cutie mark of a truncheon wrapped in a green chain.

"Ah, come anh. It's funny. We're just'a lotta animals"

Jordan, who was demanding that I just send him through with a boom tube until Guy started making chicken noises, fluffs up his wings. Pegasus, yes, he loves flying. The brown pelt with navy blue mane and tail… Just doesn't go, and I'm not sure what the direction-arrow-and-explosions cutie mark is about. "Let's just get this over with."

"Now, Geoffrey, you said that you were having trouble relating to your grandchildren." I look at him as seriously as anyone can in this sort of situation. "And while I respect the work you've done in cleaning the British government, that isn't going to take the rest of your life." He goes to protest. "Not full-time, at least. Family's important, and when you can fly to Australia whenever you want, the distance isn't an excuse anymore."

Komand'r looks away from us, tail twitching. Koriand'r's tail is moving too, but differently. Not sure why they came through as dangerously furry catgirls… Maybe that was Starswirl's thing? There is something sort of like a cat in Tamaranean evolutionary history, so… Maybe? Doesn't explain why I'm a horse, but who am I to impugn the motives of a pony with bells on his hat?

Similarly, I have no idea why Ghia'ta has come through as some kind of violet-skinned oni with four arms, but once she grabbed a replacement cuirass she adapted readily enough. Dr. Ub'x is now a dire beaver, and I'm a little concerned that he's not going to want to change back. Even if he still only comes up to my thigh. He brought along an Indigo Lantern who looks a bit like an octopus. Presumably he can do hope, and I haven't seen his face on any wanted posters so I have plausible deniability.

A patch of star-studded darkness rises from the ground at my side and reforms into Luna. I give her a nuzzle as she levitates a shard of mirror.

Mother Box?

Ping.

"There. We have it. Our sister should not notice its absence at once, but we had best be done swiftly. She has been maudlin of late, and contemplates it often."

Luna's trying to sound tense, but the excitement is leaking through. After being gone for a thousand years there's not a lot she's been able to do for Celestia, not on a personal level.

"Where is the mask?"

Guy looks at Jordan, and he winces for a moment before using a hand construct to pull the now equine-face-compatible mask out of his saddlebag and hand it over. Luna abandons her sombre tone and grins excitedly, taking it in her thaumokinetic grip and pulling it closer. The mask shimmers as she tried to understand the spells involved, and her grin fades as her brow furrows.

"What is the mask?"

Jordan starts to wing-shrug, then stops with his wings half-furled as he glances back at them as if he forgot they were there.

"Ah, we're not exactly sure how it works. It lets whoever's wearing it mess with peoples' heads. Make them feel whatever emotions you want."

I nod. "You remember what it felt like when you used hope to unmake the Anti-Life? Focus on that feeling when you use it. And then project that at whoever you're shooting at."

"Hm. A masquerade." She lowers the mask onto her face. "And it attaches itself. Most convenient. If We could replicate that part of its magics alone We could make a killing in the costume trade."

"Ping."

"Okay, Mother Box has the coordinates." Luna levitates the mirror shard onto a nearby table, out of the way. "Everyone ready?"

There's a general round of affirmatives.

"Alright then. Mother Box, hush tube."

The larger than usual portal opens in front of us, and I lead the way through into… Their Canterlot palace, under some stained glass windows of… Their versions of the Elements of Harmony? Guess friendship isn't considered quite so important here. Bit odd there are only four; numbers of things like that tend to stay the same from one reality to another. Or maybe they're just images of national heroes rather than Elements? Not-.

"…intruders, sister. We-."

Bizarro Celestia and Bizarro Luna trot into view, stopping and blinking in surprise when they see us.

My Luna trots forward. "Our other self, it is good to see you doing so well."

"Princess Luna." Other Luna advances to meet her. "I thought that using the mirror was dangerous?"

"Our swain hath a method of translocation that bypasses the restrictions of Starswirl's mirror."

Other Luna has a slightly odd expression on her face as she looks down the line and tries to work out which of us Luna is referring to. Ghia'a and the octopus get bewilderment and Geoffrey distaste, while the rest are regarded with curiosity.

"The large grey one."

I wave with my right forehoof.

Other Luna's eyes widen as she looks up at me. "He's a very… Large stallion."

My Luna rolls her eyes. "And he had best be keeping his thoughts pure if he doth not desire Our displeasure."

"No fear." I nod. "My thoughts are on a single matter with no distractions."

Other Luna looks blank for a moment, then blushes, prompting Other Celestia to titter. But honestly, physically identical they might be, but I know which one is mine. And the other… Isn't, in a way which neatly deflects my middle aged ardour. I want a wife, not an adolescent sexual fantasy.

Besides, that sort of thing's awkward enough with an equine body without worrying about a third party.

Other Celestia recovers from her amusement. "What brings you here?"

"We hath gathered the magics which we believe will purge from Sombra the evils he inflicted 'pon himself, that he may be reunited with Our Sister."

Other Celestia looks worried. "And… Send them where?"

"Neigh, you needst be not afeared. They shall be unmade, torn asunder, not inflicted 'pon some new innocent. Doth you know where he hides?"

Other Luna nods. "We last had contact with him in the far north of Equestria. I think he may still retain enough of his mind to want to avoid harming his former subjects."

I grin. "Right-oh. Time for a field trip! Mother Box, calculate and generate boom tube!"

Other Luna frowns. "Who is 'Mother Box'?"

"Ping."

BOOM!

Team Lantern files through the opening, while I look at the Other Princesses.

"You ladies want to tag along? You shouldn't be essential, but Luna's our only magician and the support wouldn't hurt."

Other Luna and Other Celestia share a glance, and then nod.

"After what King Sombra did for us, we will do all that we can to help return him to his senses."

I nod. I respect that attitude. "Rightoh. Walk this way."

Last edited: Mar 31, 2023
    Neruz, Turalon94, explbean and 126 others like this.
  2. DAT_NOOB

DAT_NOOB Accused of writing in a far away land

Ok, MLP is growing on me... Is this how it starts?

kerleth, Jaron, Vorian and 24 others like this.
  3. Pinklestia

Pinklestia Well worn.

Well, at least is not the gender reversed universe.

4. Istaran

Istaran Know what you're doing yet?

In my experience, yes. I started my journey with an X-com/MLP crossover fanfiction, and had a solid understanding of all the main characters before I finally got curious enough to watch the first episode, and now have watched the whole thing and written crossover fanfics of my own.
    It's a surprisingly well written show, though not perfect (Twilight becoming a princess feels like it comes out of nowhere but has great payoffs eventually) and some of the wasted potential gets picked up wonderfully in the fan community.

5. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

Aw, don't be so grumpy. You're now the best boy, after all. And it could have been worse. You could have come through as a muscle-bound wrestler. :p Still, if one of them is localised...

Chained Justice? How... Appropriate? And props for the comic book reference, even if Guy doesn't know he made one.

He feels the need for speed? Better not let Rainbow Dash meet him.

I bet if they learned that he had a power ring, they'd be impressed. Pity he's kind of got to keep it secret a little longer. I doubt there's provisions for super-powered world leaders in the Parliament's bylaws.

They existed in G1. And fans have created modern counterparts.

<Looks at Ghiata> ...I got nothin'. :confused: And honestly, I doubt there'd be much impact if Ub'x didn't change back. You seemed to have no notable difficulty operating on Earth in pony form, if I remember right.

"Checking it now. This shouldn't take long at all." So... Analysing the Mirror's magic to lock onto the right parallel?

Well, glad they could be of help, then.

...I'm picturing a piece of barding now. Though I can't imagine the hodge-podge of spell-work from the combined masks is easy to untangle.

...I assume he and Guy are holding themselves up with their rings. :D Or did they wait until everyone had adjusted to their new forms before setting out?

Honestly, it's rather idiot-proof. The Psycho-Pirate managed to use it well enough.

"Put a pin in that a moment, I have what we need." Heh, clingy clothes. Imagine what Rarity would pull off with that spell?

...Why do I get the feeling that'll bite them in the flank somehow?

Maybe their culture blends some of the aspects?

..Interesting aesthetic for their gear. x3

...Think clean thoughts, Renegade.

A somewhat motley crew, yes. But they know their stuff.

Ah, awkward meetings.

"Twins, they were..." Though I doubt his Luna is interested in sharing.

Good to know you're faithful. I suspect Ghiata might have produced a construct Kanabo to chastise you if you weren't. Though she'd probably let Luna handle using it as a courtesy. :p

Why do I get the feeling she's... ;) A little naughtier-minded than 'Proper' Celestia?

...That is a legitimate concern, really. Depending on just how powerful said evils are.

Let's hope it does go as well as they intend, and he doesn't come down with a case of ring-induced mortality.

"That's me, miss pretty princess. Got a lock on him, sir."

No subtlety this time, I note. Presumably using a Hush Tube here is a little tougher, or they expect he'll feel them coming anyway.

Oh, boy. More targets to worry about.

...Okay,let's hope they can destroy the bad things, and not just cause them to flee right back to the Princesses...

Well, Renegade wasting no time speed-running the "By Our colours Combined!" achievement, I see. :D Let's hope his half-assed setup doesn't fail to do what he expects it to.Though I am impressed that he's got all these folks to work together. They even have a surplus of some colours, just in case of mishaps. I expect we'll see soon if it works.

...rises from the ground at my side...

6. Ciber

Ciber Know what you're doing yet?

And now you have opened the door to millions of words of new high quality fanfic (or also... lesser quality ... if your into that)

7. DAT_NOOB

DAT_NOOB Accused of writing in a far away land

Oh god... I'm not closed off to the possibility of crossover fics...

Is there a cure?

boo600, mastermenthe, Istaran and 4 others like this.
  8. Massgamer

Massgamer I trust you know where the happy button is?

Yes, but it's also the best bet to make a red ring fast that he needs to get all the colors together to ideally White away the Anti Life on Earth.

So even if he steals it it is kinda justified, and it's hard to believe that Free Lancers didn't do sneaky and illegal shit to get it in the first place, to say nothing of what they are doing with it.

Vorian, Ardy and moralrelativity like this.
  9. RichardWhereat

RichardWhereat Aia airëa Fëanáro.

For me it started with an eighth, and a bronze friend visiting.

mastermenthe, Nugar and DAT_NOOB like this.
  10. Mr Zoat

Huh? No, he's completely open about it. There are recordings of him taking part in the initial purge, and he's very big on goivernment openness.
    Thank you, corrected.
    Ah, Stardust. I enjoyed the first part, but after one of the main characters permadied and the author seems to really want to justify the other being a child murderer I gave up on it.

11. Duke Long

Duke Long Glomerulus

’doing’

12. King of Frost

King of Frost Wishing I was somewhere colder no doubt.

I was never hostile to the fandom, but I was rather dismissive of it at first all throughout it's first season's run.

And then I saw some youtube clips of some of Pinkie's season 1 songs and I begrudgingly gave the show a chance. This was halfway into season 2's airing and I started up episode 1 saying I would watch the first episode with an open mind. And that's how I found a new hyperfixation that lasted many a year.

13. WereDragon

WereDragon Bookwyrm

I strongly suspect that Starswirl neither knew nor cared about the TF component of the mirror what he put it together. He wanted a method of travel and or banishment and was happy to use existing mechanisms to do it, even if they had an ‘appropriate form’ feature baked in.

History might remember him as a great sage of wisdom but it is more likely he was a maverick trail-blazer making it up as he went and pretending it was all according to plan after the fact.

14. Mr Zoat

Thank you, corrected.

15. Wheenesss

Wheenesss Versed in the lewd.

Oh hey, I wasn’t expecting you to pull from the IDW comics. That’s neat.

Honestly I don’t remember liking this story arc much when it originally came out. It was presented on the covers as a ‘Justice League vs Crime Syndicate’ type thing with the Mane Six potentially going up against their evil counterparts. Only it for to be more about Celestia’s tragic love story with Good King Sombra.

16. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Oh, damn.

If I remember correctly paragon said that his dad's death is a major motivation for his strong will.

I mean it's possible that he was just good at avoiding authorities.

Nice to see her being able to recognize a financially lucrative opportunity.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2023
  17. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

From this day forth I will always imagine him looking like this when he's in dog form.

And you cannot change my mind.

Vorian, Cuchulin, BR549 and 4 others like this.
  18. Dustbringer

Dustbringer Know what you're doing yet?

Same here, I read a... 40k/MLP cross? And I eventually just kinda fell into the fandom. Don't do much writing though.

Otto von Saurion and Istaran like this.
  19. DeathReaperZ

DeathReaperZ In the Void.

What was the last time he got this angry again, could someone remind me?
    I have a feeling a decent amount of anger is due to the Ophidian
    Harralax sounds like a laxative lol
    I wonder how the Embodiment of Fear would affect the Anti-Life or vice versa
    Does he mean "villein" as in serf, or is this a typo?
    Once again, we are reminded of the absurdity that is Paul.
    How on Earth would a fear-enlightened Green Lantern work? Would they get stronger, due to their immunity to fear, or would the lack of fear not give them something to willpower through? It's pretty interesting to see a fear-enlightened person who isn't a yellow lantern.
    Hah. Even without desire manipulation, Paul is pretty good at controlling people, or since he can see what they want
    Ah, Paul's presence is more than enough to steer the plot.
    Interesting to see that Volthoom's still capable of humour, or at least something similar to it.
    Well, I mean it makes sense I guess.
    Heh
    So, he'll take a breather after the heat death of the Universe? Neat, although I don't think Jade will appreciate that.
    Interesting font for the time and date, also it's pretty funny to see someone with perfect memory forget about someone, albeit temporarily.
    Fair enough.
    Yeah okay, I'm pretty sure Volthoom put his humour into the ring too.
    Huh, do the Kryptonians in Harrold's universe use Kryptonite like drugs? Or are they just different?
    Seems like different Kryptonite colours affect Kryptonians differently in this Universe. Also, shouldn't it be "an injector"?
    An opinion-former? To do what exactly?
    I wonder if Darkseid's nice in this Universe.
    He is going to regret that very soon.
    I mean, it is an honour nonetheless.
    Lol
    I hope this is an Invincible reference, because it's too much of a coincidence if it's not.
    Have they? Or is his personality very similar to someone else's?
    No rest for the wicked, unfortunately.
    He must have been expecting a less honest answer.
    Light travels fast, but Rule 34 travels faster.
    Time to assemble the emotional spectrum of power rangers.
    I don't know if this is intentional on the Renegade's part or not, but saying "a little birdy" in the context of a Blue Ring is pretty funny considering what the Hope Embodiment is.
    A hero will sacrifice the person they love to save the world, but a villain will sacrifice the world to save the person they love.
    Not in the slightest.
    For some reason, this makes a lot of sense.
    This should've been, "there's full access, and then there's fuller access", as a reference to that one "No full auto in the building" video on Youtube
    Heh
    Does...does that even work? No way in hell would the Guardians allow loopholes like that.
    Your soul is more than 50% percent Orange Light Paul, it's not exactly a surprise that New Gods think that you're on their level.
    This could potentially backfire, if any of the other Orange Lanterns decide to get unruly after the war with the Reach is over.
    I wonder if he always hears the same voice for the Godspeech, or if it reflects the voice of whoever used said Godspeech. Someday we're going to need an in-depth explanation on what Paul actually is now.
    Perhaps she has a communicator of some sort with the same address as her ring?
    Well, isn't that awkward
    Seems very unlikely that Jade would betray someone who put so much effort into her.
    I wonder if Paul knows.
    I honestly can't see Jade saying anything along the last line or betraying someone who put this much effort into her.
    Was it Vulcan? Why was he doing that again, to make a planet inhabited only by androids?
    Don't worry Razer, Paul doesn't bite. Usually.
    I guess when death is temporary, and you can function without a brain, and heal from any injury as long as you want it enough, you stop reacting to lethal shots.
    Ah, back when Paul used to interact with the team on a semi-daily basis.
    Is this a canon character, or are you making things up?
    Huh, that's actually a fairly decent solution to his Ring charging problem.
    Kinda seems like Stockholm syndrome.
    I honestly can't imagine Orange Paul being a dad, here it makes some sense at least.
    That's nice.
    Well, a chicken sandwich sounds pretty good right about now.
    Honestly, I did too.
    Wonder if we'll see Red Paul's kids soon.
    For now
    Huh, is the transmission actually hurting a ring AI?
    A ruler who actually regrets his horrible actions? Those are rare.
    Well, for a lantern powered by love, magic girl anime might as well be gospel. Also interesting how even their teleportation involves crystallization.
    Thank god Paul isn't a particularly angry person. An Enlightened Orange Lantern who is also connected to the Embodiment of Avarice, wanting to act on their anger is a very very big no-no.
    Honestly, even with just his desire manipulation powers, Paul is a force to be reckoned with.
    I keep reading your interpretation of Orion's mother box's dialogue in the voice of an elderly black woman.
    Hey, it worked for him, mostly.
    Reminds of that scene in the first Ghost Rider movie where Blackheart absorbs all the souls of San Venganza.
    Honestly, I don't think even Orion would be able to handle Doomguy's rage. I am also surprised by the fact that there aren't enough fanfics of Doomguy with a Red Ring
    That Penguin isn't going to die, no in fact he's going to have the time of his life.
    Surprisingly patient of him.
    Perhaps it's a nod to a pilot's jacket?
    What's "The Tombola of Destiny"?
    For a second there, I was reminded of that terrible "Cats" movie.
    Interesting changes, especially for Ghia'ta.
    I can't tell if the Renegade's being sarcastic or not
    Am I missing something here? The Luna in the imgbb picture looked normal enough. And she had more clothing than normal Luna. So unless there's a large difference in their personalities, I can't see why he'd compare her to "an adolescent sexual fantasy".
    Reminds me of a second in command in a sci-fi setting that has a great sense of humour.
    Sorry for replying to so many posts at once, I tend to binge them after every week or so, and I have a lot of things to ask as well, so there's that.

PS: Shouldn't Paul also be able to affect fungi with his "All Things Strive" thing? I mean it worked for plant matter, shouldn't it also work on fungi considering how much more widespread they are, and how much they "Strive"?

Last edited: Apr 17, 2023
  20. Mr Zoat

They're not immune to fear. They're just not distracted by it.
    Thank you, corrected.
    Form opinion which would make people more likely to accept kryptonian domination.
    I'm not familiar with that video.
    Don't know. This version is definitely one I've made up.

Doom Slayer is not a deep character. If you worked with the first game you could do a whole thing about his life on Earth and his move to Mars, but even canon Atrocitus is deeper than modern Doom Slayer.
    A destiny-related tombola.
    I don't hate you people that much.

Seriously, if you think your children are in danger of becoming furries, make them watch that film. They'll never touch furaffinity again.
    Her mane is a slightly different colour. But the fantasy is 'identical twins'.
    Maybe?

kerleth, DeathReaperZ, Vorian and 5 others like this.
  21. Assblaster5000

Assblaster5000 I trust you know where the happy button is?

I'll have you know that Doom and DOOM are from the perspective of the same man, just many, many years apart. He's also got more going on in his head than most people give him credit for.

22. BR549

BR549 This is filth! FILTH!!

On the surface, but there's actually a lot of character moments that are surprisingly quiet but tell us a lot about him. Such as in the elevator at the start, where when Hayden is going on about acceptable losses he looks down pointedly at the corpse of the guard propped against the wall, before punching the communicator to shut Hayden up; that when retrieving the key-cards he needs from dead guards, he's very careful about it not to otherwise disturb them; when getting a power-up from a delvery drone, he only punches just hard enough to get the item without damaging the drone; making the snap decision to save VEGA's backup chip when he has literally no reason to do so and it takes him extra time...

I could go on, but the topic went thataway.

23. Mr Zoat

Originally, sure. Didn't he get banished to Mars for refusing to shoot unarmed protesters? But he's spent a lot of time in constant combat with the forces of DOOM, and the only things he has going on in his life that isn't that is his music collection.

24. Assblaster5000

Assblaster5000 I trust you know where the happy button is?

Killed his commanding officer for ordering him to do it actually.

The Unaligned Player likes this.
  25. Sockmonkey

Sockmonkey I trust you know where the happy button is?

Ooo, is that the one where Twilight dimension-hops to X-COM Earth? I love that one.

Istaran likes this.
  26. Coda

Coda Versed in the lewd.

looks

27. Mr Zoat

Thank you, corrected.

28. Threadmarks: Butcher's Blood (supplementary, Renegade Option)
    Mr Zoat

21st January 2013
    13:21 GMT

Other Luna peers out across the frozen landscape.

"You're sure that he's there?"

A variety of Lanterns holding construct magnifying glasses nod without looking at her. I just create a construct to display the mad king's position. And… Sound.

"Crystals…"

He appears to have taken refuge in a disused mine, and indeed there are quite a few crystals both exposed and embedded in the rock.

"Nice thing about being a Lantern. We can pretty much just appear next to him using lightspeed transitions, without any of the confusion that comes with teleport assaults. Or the risk that he's put up anti-teleportation wards. Koriand'r, Sombra can turn into a cloud of mist, so if you could please place a spherical shield around us all when we arrive?"

She nods happily.

"Thank you. Jordan, please help her out if something goes wrong. Everyone else? I've got no idea what hitting someone with white light does so I'm going to be feeling it out as we go. If I shout an order, please obey it unless your connection to your own light gives you a very good reason not to. If that happens, please explain as quickly and simply as possible."

Jordan frowns. "If we don't know what it does, why aren't we testing it first?"

"Because I don't want to clue in Nekron. You met Nekron, right?"

"… Yeah."

My Luna… She's looking at me, but the mask means that I can't see her ex-.

"I'm frowning. Who is 'Nekron'?"

"Really powerful undead… God?" I glance at Jordan, but he just shrugs. I'm not really sure how to classify him. Normally, immaterial gods are limited to a single thaumosphere but that doesn't appear to be a problem Nekron has. If I had to guess, it's a property of the Land of the Unliving itself… But I don't know for certain, and that's one scab I haven't felt like poking. "Has a few billion undead slaves, and would rather like to murder the concept of life. I don't think he has any presence here, but if we tried this back home it would be like catnip to him. Plus, there's a good chance that we're all going to be a bit out of it afterwards, or… There might be some other cost."

In the comic, that was just for bringing people back from the dead. There was no extra cost for Sinestro to just shoot with it. Not sure how it'll work here, or if that was just for using the white light directly rather than combining the other colours.

"Point is, it should be fairly instinctive, but… I don't think that we should use it more than we have to." I frown. "I don't remember you ordering test firings of the Elements of Harmony."

"We did not. But your practical aspect is rubbing off on Us."

I look away from King Sombra's hiding place and towards her. Oh, if we were alone-.

"We know what you are thinking and ask that you stop."

Other Luna raises her eyebrows as I lean in and kiss my Luna. The mask makes it a little awkward, and suddenly I find myself thinking of nothing but the cave in which King Sombra-.

I pull away. "Alright. Consider my ardour doused, oh equinoid temptress."

Now back to Sombra. Interesting. He still fears what he's become and what he might do, but it's not clear that he remembers why. And my work is made a little easier by the nation that both fears his new form and fears for his former self.

"On 'one'." Plot course.

Honestly, Lantern Grayven, I just want this to be over. If you ever encounter your reality's version of Sinestro, please omit this from your records.

"Three."

The rings around me start to glow.

"Two."

I tether myself to Luna, and make eye contact to make sure that she's ready. She nods.

"One."

I transition, appearing just in front of Sombra, yellow beam lancing out as I amplify his fears and share with him those of his people. He rears up, kicking helplessly at the air as the glowing green and purple of his eyes is momentarily replaced by yellow. Next to me, Luna's eyes glow and Sombra grips his head as the conflicting emotions give him a nasty case of cognitive dissonance.

And then Guy hits him and he appears to rally for an instant before Geoffrey does the same. His eyes actually clear when Ghia'ta forces him to remember his love of Celestia, and I actually see her face made of violet light over his head. And then Komand'r hits him and the green and purple is sort of back until Ub'x hits him as well.

It doesn't seem to be doing much other than bewildering him.

Alright.

The white light isn't just all the colours stuck together, it's their synthesis. And only two of us have experienced it, so…
    I guess it's up to me.
    The white light is life itself, all the things that give existence substance. It's the opposite of Anti-Life, which claims that existence is self-defeating. With whatever 'evil' that stuff infesting him is, Sombra isn't living as himself at the moment. He's being made something other than what he is by an external force. His true self was a monarch devoted to his people. For a thousand years he served as their protector and sovereign, instilling purpose and virtue.
    And from the feel his soul imparts in mine, I wouldn't mind him becoming my brother in law.
    He gave up Celestia rather than have her suffer on his behalf, but Ghia'ta can still feel his love for her. Despite that cursed presence telling him to act out, under it all he's still tenaciously striving to live.

Oh my.

There's a surge of light and-

Error.

-the rings blasting Sombra shut down even as the stallion himself falls to the floor.

Ub'x is the first to reach him, performing basic checks by hand while scanning him with his ring. Around us… Komand'r's holding her head while Geoffrey looks the most relaxed he's been since I first met him.

"Sister?"

Koriand'r looks at Komand'r in concern, a look that doesn't change when Komand'r turns around and hugs her. Doesn't stop her hugging back, though.

Sombra groans, prompting Ub'x to look at me and nod. I grin, and-. There they are. I motion Other Celestia and Other Luna closer. Other Celestia gets closest, her muzzle closest to his when his eyes blearily open.

"C-celestia?"

"Yes, I-. Not your Celestia, but-. You freed me from the evil magic possessing me. Thank you."

"I'm-." He appears to take stock of himself. "I appear… To be myself. Is this..?"

I nod, grinning. "Permanent, and I've got a portal available. You can nip back and forth as much as you and Celestia want."

"Really?" He smiles, taking in the people surrounding him and noticing my Luna for the first time. He looks at her for confirmation, and she nods.

Actually, why delay the reunion? Mother Box, boom tube to wherever Celestia is.

Ping!

Last edited: Mar 31, 2023
  29. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

I'm interested as to how this exposure to the White Light will affect the lanterns who took part in the procedure.

30. NightmareWarden

NightmareWarden Versed in the lewd.

Victory! Hopefully it didn’t cost them seven or eight rings.

Let’s celebrate! Sugar cubes for the ponies, a steak for the dog, krill for the octopus, sugarcane for the dire beaver, catnip for the Tamaraneans, and a gullible, trauma-free boy for Oni!Ghia’ta to enjoy a coming-of-age plot with. Maybe a cookie for Motherbox too.

kerleth, Dustbringer, Vorian and 15 others like this.