1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Blacksmith quest

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Liam-don, Feb 24, 2013.

1. useless101

useless101 Doing Nothing, Nothing Doing.

[X]Full disclosure. "First, would you like some tea? You will need it, I promise."

Urd seems legit, surely we can trust her. It's not like she's an unholy amalgam of a Lawyer (true evil) and a love obsessed drunk with no self-control.

2. Scope

Scope Versed in the lewd.

[X] Full disclosure. "First, would you like some tea? You will need it, I promise."

3. Pipeman

Pipeman Well worn.

[X]Full disclosure. "First, would you like some tea? You will need it, I promise."

4. hunter09

hunter09 Versed in the lewd.

5. Ardion Prosili

Ardion Prosili Lover of Horned Women

Thank goodness Archer has A rank in Tea. Pity he'll never reach Supernova SSS+++EX level in it though.

6. Jiven

Jiven Most Excellent Lurker

[X]The half truth. "Well, I met this lonely girl, and she led me to the jackpot in exchange for the promise of taking care of her. I'm japanese too, so effectively stateless."

7. Jans

Jans That which smiles.

Honestly I won't be surprised if she was at least somewhat aware. We might want to make a few demonstration pieces just in case. Any of these are fairly recognizable and I wouldn't doubt Archer has every one of them.

8. Liam-don

Liam-don Fondly Regard Creation.

So everyone wants to traumatize the poor attorney? All she wants is to bag the biggest costumer in the history of Britannian law and bill him her every waking hour at triple rate until forever.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  9. Pipeman

Pipeman Well worn.

Our attorney has to be made of sterner stuff than that!
    If she can't weather through our life story, how can we expect her to convince the courts that we totally weren't that incredibly handsome superhero crazy vigilante with all the swords?
    Seriously, we're going to be a horrible client and she'll likely actually have to spend every waking hour preventing us from going to prison because of our idiocy.
    Might as well give her a taste of our special brand of crazy before we start dealing with the hostage situation.

10. minuseven

minuseven low effort life

[X] Full disclosure. "First, would you like some tea? You will need it, I promise."

11. Jans

Jans That which smiles.

Yes.

Yes I want to this exactly.

For exactly the reasons why she wouldn't want us to.

D= Bitch you only bill the client triple AFTER he has made your life hell.

12. Liam-don

You're having her work in Japan, which means all her hours happens at night Britannia time. Obviously the bill is going to skyrocket.

13. Jans

Jans That which smiles.

Heeeeey good point. I bow to your superior fuckery.

14. Aranfan

Aranfan Not too sore, are you?

If you can't trust your own lawyer, then who can you trust?

15. Liam-don

Rolling for SAN.

[blockquote]Rolled 1d6+1 : 2 + 1, total 3[/blockquote]

16. Jiven

Jiven Most Excellent Lurker

... oh.

17. Aranfan

Aranfan Not too sore, are you?

So is a low roll good or bad when rolling for SAN?

18. Liam-don

Bad, I guess.

19. Pipeman

Pipeman Well worn.

It's not like we're rolling for our own SAN, so whatever.

20. Liam-don

Yeah, about that...

21. Pipeman

Pipeman Well worn.

I thought, we were about to traumatize our attorney, not having a PTSD episode.

22. useless101

useless101 Doing Nothing, Nothing Doing.

If, say, a guy named Sam fails his SAN roll, he might cause some trouble, but he won't hurt himself. If Angela, who is standing right next to Sam, fails her SAN roll, she might kill him.

Guess where we're standing.

23. Ardion Prosili

Ardion Prosili Lover of Horned Women

Across the street in the SAN loss proof bunker :V

24. Wing101

Wing101 Versed in the lewd.

25. nick012000

nick012000 Gone for Good

Meh. We're at the physical level of a Servant. If she tries to hurt anyone, we're more than capable of restraining her until she calms down.

26. Larekko12

Larekko12 Connoisseur.

How embarrassing that any sort of Urd Expy would need a San roll for this.

I would have suggested opening up by projecting a steel rose.

27. GoC

GoC Know what you're doing yet?

[X]The half truth.

28. Liam-don

Archer steeples his fingers. "My tale is long, complicated and more than a little extraordinary. I'll ask you listen to me seriously and keep an open mind."

The lawyer looks back serenely. "Hit me."

"Are you familiar with magic?"

An elegant eyebrow rises. "Familiar?"

Archer shakes his head. Since Zelretch had pointed him in T&A's direction, he'd hoped for at least a flash of recognition. No such luck. "The first thing I remember is a fire..."

Archer talks.

And talks.

Then talks some more.

Urd makes it easy, really. She listens with rapt attention, her only reaction to his outlandish story is to ask pertinent questions and clarifications. Ethereal blades growing out of his arms barely manage to crack her supreme cool. The massive Kanshou & Bakuya, the impossible length of Bizen Osafune Nagamitsu or the seven branched blade of Tenno Jingu are all much larger than his limbs but she takes them instride, utterly unruffled their appearance. She admire the fine steel, how the light breaks on the edge in a multitude of hue.

"Do you have Excalibur, too?"

He humors her.

She looks at the blade, slightly downcast. "It looks quite... ordinary."

Then it starts glowing.

"Whoa." She draws back, her eyes taking an almost speculative gleam. "Now we're talking."

When Archer finishes thalking, she is all professionnal detachment again. "So to sum it up, you are the reincarnated soul of an international mercenary from an alternate universe with no Britannia."

Nod.

"You somehow ended up and as such there's no legal basis for your existence anywhere on the planet.

*sigh* Nod.

"Not two days after your arrival, you stumbled upon the secret underground fortress of one of the richest, most influential and powerful man in history."

Shrug.

"That man gave you the keys to his kingdom. Just like that.""

Nod?

"Oh, and both of you are wizards."

... Nod. :(

Urd blows out a long breath. " Good thing I didn't come expecting an easy job. You have yourself a lawyer, Mr Archer. I promise you I'll do everything in my power to put you in a position where you can pay me." She smiles impishly and offer him her hand.

Archer shakes it firmly.

He can't even cry out when his muscles and organs lock up, and he collapses without a sound.

Archer twitches on the ground, stunned by the suprisingly powerful electrick shock. Urd crouches down, removing a glove to reveal the wrist-mounted electronic device in her palm. "Self defense taser. Never meet strangers without it." She winks. "As an expert of law, I have a strong belief I can best represent you while you sit in a nice, padded white room. Why, I'm sure you'll have a eager public for your next magic tricks!"

Archer's hands stop twitching.

She zaps him again. "Don't worry about anything. I'll take care of everything."

Urd turns away and take out her phone. Then an explosion rocks the building.

"The hell?" Urd cries out. She takes one hesitant look at Archer's still form before running to the balcony.

A small army of Britannian troops crowds the lakeside. Halfway through the bridge, an armored vehicle has been turned into smoking scrap and three floors below, a man in a green uniform put down a rocket launcher.

Urd's blood freezes in her vein. "Terrorist."

She backpedals quickly.

And lands right into Archer. "They've retracted the side bridges, too. Unless there's an underground route, They got their bottleneck."

Archer stops Urd's frightened swing easily. "Would you mind stopping that? We have a far more immediate problem right now."

*ding*

The elevator opens in the penthouse's hall and Archer moves the two of them out of sight as he counts the footsteps coming from inside. Four sets with the rythm and coordination of military training. One more lag behind, light and casual.

Five men in total.

"You fancy yourself a superhero, right." Urd whispers urgently. "Then do something!"

Do what?

[] Go in. Those guys are nothing against you!
    [] Go Up. Urd would be safer on the roof.
    [] Go down. Better avoid battle for now.
    [] You're a magus? Use magic! "Zelretch, Set up!"

29. Carrnage

Carrnage Well worn.

Did she just try and kidnap us? hahahaha I like her style.

[X] Go Up. Urd would be safer on the roof.

30. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

[X] Go Up. Urd would be safer on the roof.