1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Why can't I ignore Vanathor?

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Bugs' started by Valette-Serafina, May 2, 2016.

Tags:
?

Wanna ignore Vanathor?

1. Yes.

5 vote(s)
    29.4%
  2. No.

12 vote(s)
    70.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vanathor

Vanathor 『Back In Black』

We've been through all the possible options to accommodate.

Removing me from the staff list and adding-as-needed is logistically a nightmare as it would necessitate having to bug aleth or elgee for every little thing (and again, to take me off when I am done), retaining admin permissions but removing from the staff list is impossible without custom development, and gyron won't approve multiple accounts for the reasons described above on the previous page.

The question you asked at hand has been answered by elgee himself earlier. So I am not sure what you want to do here, short of grandstanding. But again, their is a subforum for that.

Last edited: May 4, 2016
  2. Valette-Serafina

Valette-Serafina Shameless Shadow

I want to put you on ignore, so I never have to see you ever again. That is what I want to make possible here. I have seen no reason why that's not possible, beyond a second-hand mention of a personal preference. If there is an actual reason other than that, I'd like to see it.

You can no longer contribute towards the goal of this thread, though I doubt you had any interest in doing so from the start. I await someone who can.

AuxxK, Ddmkm122 and AngelicKnight. like this.
  3. Vanathor

Vanathor 『Back In Black』

I'm not lying to you or making anything up, but if tehelgee feels like obliging you and changing his policies, that is up to him. I do not, however think it is likely.

4. tehelgee

tehelgee The stern gaze of justice. Administrator

Well.

I was wrong. After asking on Xenforo's support forum, I have found a way to make the Stylist group have their admin permission and still be a regular user in every other way.

So Valette-Serafina you now can ignore Vanathor if you so choose.

5. Vanathor

Vanathor 『Back In Black』

Cool. Everyone wins.

6. Valette-Serafina

Thank you most kindly.

AuxxK, Cattongue, Sheaman3773 and 4 others like this.
  7. De3ta

De3ta You Pronounce the Three.

THANK YOU Xicree !

8. TehChron

TehChron Experienced.

Wow you are a hilariously entitled little person, aren't you.

I honestly chuckled at how pissy you're being here over the fact that people aren't going out of their way to accommodate your inability to pretend people you don't like don't exist.

Cane Toad, Ddmkm122, Tealgr and 5 others like this.
  9. dasstan

dasstan :)

I get it, honestly. If someone on the internet bothers you to the point where you cannot but get annoyed/enraged/what-have-you, being able to ignore them while still participating in the greater community is a big deal.

That said... holy shit Valette-Serafina. Vanathor can be a tool, but he's always upfront about it. Being passive-aggressive is not helpful.

10. TehChron

TehChron Experienced.

Hes not even being passive aggressive.

This is straight of petulant, lol

Cane Toad, Ddmkm122, Tealgr and 4 others like this.
  11. Valette-Serafina

This isn't passive aggression. This is the absolute most I can do to remove Vanathor from any aspect of my life without leaving QQ entirely.

If you have an issue with how I went about it, speak clearly. If you don't think he deserved it, make your case.

12. dasstan

It's almost like I just said that I understood where you were coming from.
    The only issue I have is that you felt a need to respond to him in turn. You could have gotten the same result by never replying to him in turn.

Ddmkm122, That_baka2, khatun and 2 others like this.
  13. Vanathor

Vanathor 『Back In Black』

You gotta understand, that Valette has various points of view they hold sacred, and the mere idea that anyone should challenge them, even when they are straight-out wrong, hurts their lil' head. He is more concerned with his echo-chamber, where everyone agrees with him, then anything else. In those regards, he is a coward.

Cane Toad, Ddmkm122, khatun and 2 others like this.
  14. Valette-Serafina

No, I could not.

15. dasstan

No, you really could have. I'm talking about this thread specifically. You gained nothing by replying to him but further annoyance. tehelgee would have looked into it regardless of you replying to Vanathor's posts.
    Just cause Valette can't see you doesn't mean you can suddenly ignore the civility rule. :p

16. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

Gentlemen, ladies, assorted netizens, I will have to ask VERY nicely that this stops now. Do not make me return.

17. TehChron

TehChron Experienced.

You're acting like his existence in your life physically harms you

It doesn't

You're just being overly dramatic for the sake of...whatever reason, really. All I know is that it's irrational.

Literally posted as I finished my post, so duly noted

18. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

Thank you. It's just I would rather head off any recriminations and hurt feelings due back and forthing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.