1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Threadmarks: Reconstruction (part 15)
    Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

5th March 2013
    08:53 GMT +3

When fighting certain types of magical opponent, it's important not to do things that make them stronger. For example, when fighting a being who embodies retribution, don't strike the first blow unless you've got really good lawful authority.

"By the authority vested in me-"

My girder-constructs shatter as she tears them apart.

"-by the government of the Hellenic Republic-"

I drop a swarm of x-ionised knives between her and her target just as the rock she threw at my face shatters on my construct armour because I'm not a moron.

"-I am placing you under arrest."

And obviously you have to state it clearly in a way that the person you're talking to can't pretend they didn't know about, because the point isn't to make you stronger but to make them weaker.

Tisiphone jumps the knives, putting her in line with my railgun in a position where she can't dodge.

Fire. At low power because I'm trying to knock Tisiphone out of Mrs. Hall, not kill her.

And there's a knife in front of my eyes! She-. She grabbed a x-ionised knife and threw it-.

Construct lost.

One at me and another through the mage slayer and into the construct hard enough to wreck it. X-ionised weapons don't work especially well as throwing weapons but if she takes it upon herself to use them in melee then that might be a problem.

So I lift the lightning-thrower off the ground and out of 'super jumping' range before she can throw all of them at me, and stick construct armour around him as well. Now, this will be easiest if I can just break her out of whatever rage let Tisiphone take control in the first place, but since I don't know what that is… Quick check on the 'persons of interest' list…

"Missus Hall, Hector and Daniel are doing as well as can be expected. I'm sure they'll be-"

And there are the rest of the knives, biting into the armour but failing to penetrate. And…

And she's gone.

Ring, where is she?

Not found.

Darn it. I turn to my rescuee. "If you know anything-?"

"I don't know where he went! I am… Ugh. I'm not cut out to be a superhero. I would have-. Would have sold him out if she-."

I nod. "Is she focusing on particular people?"

"She said something-. She's working through.. everyone who actually worked with Alpha Centurion. But-but most of us barely met him!"

"It's-."

"She knew him better than we did!"

That makes an unfortunate amount of sense. I don't know what the Anti-Life would have said to Mrs. Hall to make her fall under its sway-. Or…

"Do you know where your former comrades are?"

"Some of them. There was only one Alliance base in Greece, but I worked with a lot of people from other places and…" He twitches. "When we were Justified… Personal stuff didn't matter."

So she almost certainly doesn’t know either, unless-.

"Was she teaching classes?"

"I don't know. She was.. there, though. I remember because I thought it was strange that an American superhero spoke Greek."

Which means that Mrs. Hall probably does have a list. Does Tisiphone get everything in her head? Don’t know.

Ah. It's a long shot, but, ring? Access Alliance records.

Partial records recovered.

Did she teach any classes?

Hippolyta Hall taught 'Introduction to Super Strength'. Recorded attendees list available. Warning, list is incomplete.

Compare list to post-Anti-Life confirmed deaths?

Updating.

There aren't that many people with superstrength in the world. And jokes aside most of them don't accidentally rip their surroundings apart, except when under stress. But if you want to be a superhero then you have to avoid accidentally ripping suspects apart while under stress. Or if your small child develops superstrength like Cassandra, whenever they're over-excited. So it was a great class for her to teach, as she'd had superstrength for most of her life as well as plenty of experience of living around superheroes.

"What can you do?"

Okay, she's fast but she's not Flash-fast. Next closest person I know that she met-

"I can throw lightning. I can-. Sort of fly, but I'm not very good at it yet. She knocked me out of the air and I couldn't get up again."

-is in Thessaloniki.

"What are you calling yourself?"

"Son of Zeus?"

I raise my eyebrows. "Are you?"

"No. Not literally."

"Alright Zeusson, I don't know where Fury went, so we're about to check a lot of places really quickly. If you think of anything relevant, pipe up."

"What do you want me to do?"

"Avoid dying. Two, one."

A house-. The street is completely intact. One woman inside matching the description. Not under attack, not under stress.

"Hey, that's-"

Next location. And start monitoring news sites and street journalism sites. If she's wrecking places then there should be signs.

"-Titaness."

Another street in another part of Greece. No Mrs. Hall. Another. Another. And that's it as far as Greeks who are still alive go. Access police reports. Compare autopsies to the results of Tisiphone's prior rampages.

Matches available.

Compare to Alliance classes. Did Marcus pick his co-workers from anywhere in particular?

Matches available.

Great, basically pure luck. Nothing from media sources. Try anyway. Transition. Nothing. Transition, nothing. Transition, nothing. Tran-.

I slam face first into the ground!

Last edited: Dec 9, 2023
  2. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

Why doesn't he just call Wonder Woman to deal with this?

Doccer likes this.
  3. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Maybe "cut out to be a"

Either it's some power to know about guilty people, or she worked with the Alliance.

I'm now picturing Stormfront from the TV show and how she flied.

Good because you're not getting any help from him.

Nice, but it may be more appropriate if he was from a Nordic country.

Nice pep talk.

4. moralrelativity

moralrelativity Recovering pendant.

watching -> matching

5. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

I hope that works even if the person in question doesn't recognise said authority, because I doubt the Kindly Ones care much for the laws of mortal men. Their jobs worked well enough back in antiquity, because the laws of men and the divine edicts usually aligned, but these days? Not so much.

Another case of a country's most well-known name not quite being the one they call themselves. Like the United States of Mexico.

Well, some might disagree, but I think that's more a case of bad publicity.

Good to see him starting to get his head around the concept of Narrative Combat in the New God manner. The empowering or weakening of an entity's narrative role affecting their very being. Something which even the gods of Earth are affected by.

Now that's impressively fast. Well past the level of a Danner Enhancile, at least.

Odd. I would have thought they'd be better because of the sharpness aiding aerodynamics. Or is it a matter of balance, hmm?

Good to know. I expect losing her family might well have been enough to drive he3r into this sort of rage. Just look what her 'Sandman' counterpart did when she thought her son was dead...

Evidently decided sticking around to fight him would reduce her host's rage too much, eh? So she's off after another target.

Because arcane-empowered entity. Pity, that would have made this easier.

People being tortured will often say anything to make the pain stop, after all. Not that Tisiphone would care whether said information was accurate as long as he suffered.

Maybe she started with the closest connections and is working her way down...

...Or not. So a big chunk of this is just Tissy playing with her prey.

I doubt Greece had as many recruits as the US did. Wonder if they were stronger or weaker on average?

...She's got a line on the locations of Alliance members.

Joy of a shared ancestry. Relatively speaking, since I doubt this guy had any relation to her directly.

It would seem inefficient to not have that kind of set-up...

So not everyone recorded their details, or were the details lost because of everything that's happened?

It would be an easy selection of targets to start with.

Passing on her hard-earned knowledge, eh? Lots of little tips like 'Cars are not a good melee weapon. Just hit them with your fist.'

Unless she can teleport while Tissy in in charge.

One thing you rarely see in comics: people who aren't perfectly in control of their powers. Unless it's about a training group like 'New Mutants'. Then you see lots of 'how do I shot web?' moments.

...Not the best idea, you know. That sort of assumed connection has lots of baggage.

...Lucky you. Maybe go with a more generic name like 'Thunderbolt' or something.

Besides try not to die? A well-timed lightning bolt might be useful.

Well, that's good.

...Honestly, what is it with people picking names with all kinds of mythological or cultural baggage?

Should be pretty obvious injuries. Mostly battering and tearing by super-strong hands...

So, did he favour former Roman-controlled countries or Mediterranean nations in general, or was he more globally-minded, i wonder...

Hopefully his little buddy was fast enough to get his flight in working order.

That's certainly a fast reaction, if Tisiphone caught him popping out of a Transition like that. Assuming that is Tissy. Not impossible that OL managed to blunder into someone else's trouble, but it would seem unlikely. Hopefully they did arrive in time to head off any further assaults. Now, how to pin Fury down long enough to sort matters out and banish her passenger?

6. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Gonna pull a Paul here and say that that's inaccurate.

The accurate name would be Lightningbolt, since thunder is sound and this guy shoots lightning.

Hey, they're cool.

Plus these people come from a country that's practically famous for its ancient heroes and magical beings.

The first time we met him he didn't seem to care about Rome all that much since while it was the same place, the culture has changed in many, many ways that it didn't feel like home.

If some Alliance member has advanced tech or knows magic then they may have been able to do it.

Cuchulin and Chojin Patriarch like this.
  7. Mr Zoat

Thank you, corrected.
    flew
    Thank you, corrected.
    No, it's because while the cutting edge will go through just about anything, the blade can still lose kinetic energy due to friction on the flat surface. An on-the-ball Lantern can lock the knife in place that way, but you could actually stop them with sufficient quantities of plasticine.

8. Finagle007

Finagle007 [Verified Great Old One]

Diana's got no authority over Tisiphone. And getting hold of her may take too long.

Cuchulin, SemiAnarchist and Ardy like this.
  9. Sockmonkey

Sockmonkey I trust you know where the happy button is?

That's an issue with any thrown weapon tho, not specifically X-ionized ones. It's more accurate to say that they're not as good as guns or bows (unless thrown by a speedster or someone with supernatural abilities) because they travel much slower, get telegraphed, and might be dodged.

Cuchulin likes this.
  10. Someguy Somewhere

Someguy Somewhere The Critical Fumbler

That one is Taken Twice Over.

11. Stsword

Stsword Versed in the lewd.

Cuchulin and Xmaster3000 like this.
  12. Someguy Somewhere

You could count 'Thunderbolt' Ross from Marvel as well, but I was sticking to DC for their versions of characters using the name.

EDIT: But any time you can use 'Thrice' is a good time. Kudos.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2023
    Cuchulin, Xmaster3000 and Lord Ernest like this.
  13. Stsword

Stsword Versed in the lewd.

Wildstorm was a DC label, so the 2006 Thunderbolt Jaxon series mentioned at the bottom of the page is a DC series, it's a spin off of Albion, which was Zoat's inspiration for including all those British characters like the Spider, Steel Claw, or the Eye of Zoltec.

Cuchulin and Someguy Somewhere like this.
  14. Someguy Somewhere

You got me there, didn't spot the DC buyout on that one.

Cuchulin and Stsword like this.
  15. Signaller

Signaller Know what you're doing yet?

Good thing Paul got rid of the Red ring. If he still had it on him, it might've reacted to the Fury's anger?

Cuchulin likes this.
  16. Old Knife

Old Knife Not too sore, are you?

Wonder where zeus is.
    Zeusson. Eh.

17. Threadmarks: Reconstruction (part 16)
    Mr Zoat

5th March 2013
    08:56 GMT +3

Armour! And phone-!

Someone yanks on my arm and throws me-. Uh, throws me into a wall. Solid stone. My kinetic barrier flares on impact, and then… Shuts down? Causing me to drop to the floor.

Phone Daniel Hall.

Compliance.

Arms into a defensive pose prepare cold gun-.

"Lantern?"

Take in my environment and lower my arms. "Centurion?"

Marcus's armour had… Visibly been upgraded with Apokoliptian technology, and there's a young man with a lighter version behind him sharing nervous looks with Son of Zeus.

"Yes." He looks around the room. "Automator, you must reset your traps as quickly-"

The young man nods and darts over to.. some sort of sparking device built into the wall.

"-as possible."

"You were trying to trap Fury."

"To trap and calm her, yes. I was too slow to save-."

"I've read the reports. Why are you still wearing Apokoliptian armour?"

"I've been… Busy. Was Fury following you?"

"No, she got away from me and I was trying-."

"Trying to-" He nods. "-get ahead of her."

"Y-yeah?"

"Excuse me. Daniel? Orange Lantern here."

"What is it?"

"We've found your mother. Unfortun-"

"Where?"

"-ately, she's being controlled by Tisiphone. Greece."

"You need me to try and talk her down? It's not always that easy."

"I'd appreciate it if you could try anyway. Please stay on the line."

"Sure, yeah."

"Centurion, do you know what set her off?"

"Yes. She was useful. To me. When I was leading the Justifiers. Strength, endurance, speed… And the magic of one of the Eumenides. One of the few acts of true initiative I was permitted was to try to infect Tisiphone herself with the Anti-Life."

"Were you successful?"

"I was never certain, but I made her suffer greatly."

He pauses for a moment.

"She has killed other Justifiers, hasn't she?"

"Apparently her idea of what constitutes a murderer doesn't make allowances for mind control. They're valid targets."

"I do not believe that."

"Learning her motive might help get her out of Fury. What do you think?"

"I hardly think that Fury murdered anyone before the Anti-Life took her. Do you know what happens when a person blessed by the Furies offends against them?"

"No."

"This."

Marcus flies across the room, smashing into Automator and whatever he was building! Son of Zeus steps back so that his back is against the solid stone wall and generates a plasma field around himself. Good. I throw out construct cables and electrify them, because power armour is insulated while Fury is-

"Eh."

-wearing her usual minimalistic costume.

Construct lost.

Though it's not enough to take her down, given how tough she is.

"Lyta, Daniel for you!"

"Mom? Are you there?"

Construct lost. / Construct lost. / Construct lost.

My construct armour fractures and the armour beneath deforms from the force of her strike! As my ring speeds up my thoughts I can sort of make out the blur that is Mrs. Hall's face, and send out cables-.

Construct lost.

She's moving position, not staying still to hit me because she knows that speedsters can be caught in area attacks like that. Marcus is picking himself up-.

He's down again, his helmet cratered by a kick.

"Mom, lots of people did-. Did stuff when the Anti-Life got into their heads. Going crazy isn't gunna help. And you know Tisiphone just likes killing people."

She hits me and the outer armour around my left arm fractures, held together by the flexible inner layer. Another strike is angled at my neck but is partly deflected by the fact that my armour has a dome rather than a helmet.

I try-. Agh! Right, shielded, goddess of vengeance. What else? Can't use gas because Son of Zeus isn't wearing a gas mask and Mrs. Hall would need lots of gas to put her down.

Perhaps trying to calm Mrs. Hall down is the wrong approach?

"Tisiphone, you shouldn't hold yourself responsible for what the Anti-Life made-"

Alert! Construct Lanterns-

Orange hands grab me and shove me to the ground, the Construct Lanterns faces contorted into expressions of murderous wrath! I didn't even kill those-.

"-you do!"

Tisiphone slows, picking up-. Picking up the demonically enhanced Nabu helmet and walking towards me.

"They should."

"You saw Darkseid's wrath as being righteous, didn't you? That's what it did to you, how it got to you."

"Go on, put me on him. We can make everyone suffer as they deserve!"

Tisiphone shoves her left hand through the base of my dome helmet and rips it off!

"We've all felt it. We all know what it's like. I've seen other gods be taken by it as well. There's always a stronger power out there somewhere, and you ran into one that likes to use other people as tools. Likes to make them go against their most cherished ideals."

Her face twitches, but she stops moving.

"Marcus was in the same place as you. The others as well, for the most part. Do you really see Marcus-?"

A lightning bolt hits her in the side of the head, and she collapses to the ground.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2023
  18. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Add a " at the second sentence.

Remove "a"

"likes"

You did however enslave them.

Ardy, Mr Zoat, Silveraith and 2 others like this.
  19. Lord Ernest

Lord Ernest At the End...

How fast is Fury? Is she Speedster level or just really fast? 'Cause I can't follow what's going on all that well, seems disjointed to me and I don't know if that's a failure on my reading comprehension or just the writing, no offense.

And where did these Construct Lanterns and specially the Demonic Nabu Construct Lantern come from, anyway?

Everything is happening so abruptly that I feel I lost the thread of events since the previous segment.

20. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

Powerful, then. Could Fury manage that? Maybe, she is as strong as a classical pre-crisis Amazon, when they were all Wonder Woman-tier powerhouses... Nothing to sneeze at, even if there are stronger heroes and villains out there. But would Tisiphone simply wrestle when she could break and rip and tear?

Ah, planning to use him to break through the rage?

...And that is not the voice of a raging Kindly One.

So, glowing Tron lines in evidence. I suppose it's still useful, even if he can't make full use of its power.

Ah, a tech-type hero. With an electric trap set up. Wise rule: Never attack a science-type in their own lab.

And instead they got OL and the other kid. Not as planned, I guess.

Who knows what hidden devices and traps are in there, after all?

...She's on her way right now, isn't she?

Great minds think alike, I guess. It helps that Marcus is a master tactician.

Ah, the inevitable peril of being a superhero's family member: the dreaded 'It's about your <family member>' call...

Deep concern, I see. I can't imagine the weeks since the cleansing has been easy for either him or his father...

Still, anything that can slow her down will help.

Hopefully he wasn't busy, but given the importance of this...

...Ooh, that's not great. I'm guessing that's why she's in full no-excuses Knight Templar mode.

Which he no doubt regrets badly know, I see.

Given she's been at liberty for weeks, that's a given.

Believe it or not, it's happening, and she's especially pissed at you.

I would bet they're especially harsh on them.

Oh, great timing, Tissy, they were just talking about you...

True, basic spandex leotards aren't known for their insulating properties, especially with pieces of metal armour on top.

So, Danner-tier or better, then. Which makes it even harder to hold her.

Sadly, I doubt she'll believe it's really Daniel. Easy to assume that OL could and would fake his voice.

Running on overdrive under Tisiphone's control, eh? I suspect she's not normally this powerful, thanks to instinctively holding back...

Great, fast and smart to boot. But she still only has melee attacks, right? Time to rig a contact shock.

Let's hope hearing his voice does give Lyta the strength to wrestle down the rage...

Like I said: Contact shock. Something that causes her to be zapped any time she touches you... It does mean letting her beat on you until she catches on, though.

Not just pushing her berserk button, but headbutting it repeatedly...

...And now she's got his own allies working against him.

Oh, hell. Literally. If she puts that on, things will have passed the Godzilla Threshold.

Unfortunately, Tissy enjoys the rage, doesn't she?

...Okay, that blows clean past the Godzilla Threshold. The best hope if that happens is that OL can overpower alt!Nabu...

Ah, there's Lyta. But she's not strong enough yet to overcome her passenger...

Ah, Son of Zeus taking the opportunity shot.

I think they were getting through to Lyta there, but not quickly enough. Especially after Tisiphone forced the Construct Lanterns to manifest. Which is a nasty trick, by the by. Hopefully a Thiunderbolt upside the head shakes Tissy enough for her host to push back. Hopefully it also gives OL the moment he needs to tug the leashes of the Construct Lanterns and remove them from this situation...

"We've found your mother. Unfortun-"
    Another strike is angled at my neck but...

21. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

I'm guessing Fury here can summon the spirits of people her target has wronged in some way and gave them help her.

Vorian, Ardy and Bud-E like this.
  22. Duke Long

Duke Long Glomerulus

Missing full stop in the middle?

Chojin Patriarch and Mr Zoat like this.
  23. Idkusername

Idkusername Versed in the lewd.

like —> likes

24. Mr Zoat

Thank you, corrected.

Duke Long and Chojin Patriarch like this.
  25. Zig

Zig Not too sore, are you?

Seems to be faster than a speeding bullet rather than full on speedster fast.

Ardy, Istaran and Lord Ernest like this.
  26. Venustoise

Venustoise Getting sticky.

Considering that most of them don't emote (Gary and the Reach Thralls) that must look weird.

At least Nabu and the Karrakanian Shipmaster (Fleet Traction) must enjoy the chance for payback. Speaking of the former...

Well, someone's getting a talking too when this is over.

Xmaster3000 and Ardy like this.
  27. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

I was rereading this part when I noticed these errors. We refer to them as "Transformers" out of universe, but in-universe they refer to themselves and introduce themselves as "Cybertronians".

28. Threadmarks: Reconstruction (part 17)
    Mr Zoat

5th March 2013
    09:00 GMT +3

"Was..? That right?"

"No it wasn't ri-!"

I pull my rogue Construct Lanterns back into my rings as I push myself up, armour flickering with orange light as it knits back together. Oh, so apparently they believed that they were murdered. It looks like the magical definition of 'murder' is a lot more subjective than I thought it was.

"Mom?! Orange Lantern, what happened?"

I use constructs to pick up Mrs. Hall's recumbent form and check-. Good, good, heart still beating and still breathing on her own. Hard to get good readings on brain activity with someone as tough as her but from what I can detect she's still functioning.

"She's alive. Took a lightning bolt to the head. I'll check that Tisiphone's gone and then take her to a hospital."

"Thank God. I'll tell Dad. Call me back with the name of the hospital?"

"Of course." I hear the click as he rings off. "Did your lessons cover aftermaths?"

"Huh?"

I bind Fury's arms and legs with kinetic neutralisation manacles. "What you're supposed to do when the fighting is over."

"Hand everything over to the police?"

I raise my right arm and point at Automator. "Check your friend isn't dead."

"Shi-."

He darts over and helps the other youth up. Since Automator's armour doesn't have any sort of anti-magic system, I can see perfectly well that he's still alive. He'll have some nasty bruises and his armour's going to need some work, but that's about it. Marcus on the other hand… Well, he's unconscious, so the shattered jaw isn't hurting him, but that's not the only injury he's carrying.

Add an extra layer of super strength bindings to Mrs. Hall. Now, strength feat-wise she's never demonstrated anything on the level of Superman -who I know for a fact can bust out of this restraint system in thirty three seconds flat, because he let me test it on him- so it should be enough even if Tisiphone comes back… But that's barring exotic effects, and she's a minor goddess so barring them from consideration would be stupid. On the other hand, I'm not going to try removing the super toughness of someone who just got lightninged in the head. She might be fine with it, or it might kill her.

"Alpha Centurion?"

Automator's helmet is off-. He's a teenager, a young teenager. I'd say something about that, but it would be a bit hypocritical. I send my own armour to subspace and march across to Marcus, politely pushing Automator aside as I send filaments into Marcus's armour. Releases are there, there and there. Send filaments inside to… Hold the parts of his face together, not technically necessary as I can just replace them but it will probably stop the other two being sick, and remove the helmet.

"Oh God. Is he dead?"

"No. Help me remove his armour, both of you."

Again, not necessary, but if they're going to make a career out of this they should get into good habits.

"Right!"

Hold his jaw in shape and then take a purple healing ray out of subspace and shoot him with it.

"Is that a healing ray?"

"Yes. You're familiar with the technology?"

Automator nods as he removes Marcus's pauldrons. "I've read up on everything you and Mister Kord have released. Ah, should his mouth be bleeding like that?"

"Bleeding from anywhere's not really ideal. See where his cuirass caved in here?"

"Ooh. Hey, Micha-." There's a quiet 'clank' as Michasomething slaps him across the cuirass before Automator can say his whole name. "Son of Zeus?"

I remove the cuirass and start-. There are a lot more scars than last time I scanned him, and it doesn't look like much care was taken in the chirurgery. I briefly consider leaving them in place, but since everyone I've made that offer to has turned it down and he's unconscious anyway I just patch him up with my ring. Arms and legs get the same treatment a moment later. The purple healing ray has mostly dealt with the concussion, so that's not so much of an issue…

"Hm."

"What happens now?"

"Automator, how good are you at power armour?"

"Oh, this isn't the best I can make. I've just got a small workshop. But I.. don't know alien technology. I can't fix his armour."

"Fair enough."

I try transmuting the Apokoliptian technology components, but they're… Resisting, still. So I settle for cutting through the virmiru components around them and just dumping them. I'll stick them on the research pile when I get back to the Watchtower. Fortunately, virmiru technology is considerably less arcane, and between the ring's database and previous scans I can restore his armour to its old functionality.

"Are you lads going to be alright if I send you home?"

Son of Zeus shakes his head. "We should stay until we see what she wakes up as. She killed people, and it's not-. She got freed from the Anti-Life at the same time as the rest of us. Tisiphone should be punished."

"True. Unfortunately, she's not actually in Fury's body, she's just connected to it."

"So where's her real body?"

"Don't know. Olympus, probably. And that's been cut off from the Earth." I shrug. "There's no real way to hold her to account now, and there might not ever be one. I'll ask if it comes up, but…"

He frowns. "That-. That's not right."

"I suggest focusing on what you can fix."

"Oh no." I turn around as Mrs. Hall blinks at the world. "She-she-."

"Yes, I'm afraid that she did. Are you yourself?"

She nods as much as her harness allows her to, and I begin the process of unlocking it.

"H-how's Alpha Centurion?"

"He's physically fine. He should wake up within the next hour."

"And the-. The others? She killed them, didn't she?"

"She did. She took the fact that they used the Anti-Life on her personally, even after it was removed."

"God, God I should have got rid of her years ago, I just-. I had it under control until… Until this."

"Well… Not much to be done, now. Why don't I take everyone home?"

Last edited: Dec 11, 2023
  29. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

I mean, you did destroy their physical bodies.

That's pretty much a definition of murder.

And even if it isn't, she may be able to summon spirits that you've wronged, even if it wasn't technically murder.

"Thank"

Plus even if you do capture her, her defense may use an insanity plea since she was exposed to Anti-Life, and even if she was freed, the trauma remained.

Add a " at the end.

30. moralrelativity

moralrelativity Recovering pendant.

him up my ring. -> him up with my ring.