1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

"physically"

Like say a connection to his darker side, like Uncle Sam had to his confederate side.

2. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Thank you, updated.
    It's probably a coincidence.

3. Chaoswind

Chaoswind Lord of nonsense

Shame, would have been cool if Loki had taken the Asgard council orders to stop experimenting on the Tauri as a reason to exploit/use dimensional technology to try to get new test subjects and that is how our Paul would fall through the instability Loki would create in the bleed.

4. Mr Zoat

That would have been a problem, before Alan rebuilt him using the blue light.

5. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

I just noticed that this should say (part 22).

6. Mr Zoat

Thank you, corrected.

7. Zig

Zig Not too sore, are you?

[​IMG]

8. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

This is a horrible idea for many many reasons.

Cuchulin likes this.
  9. Ardy

Ardy I trust you know where the happy button is?

I‘m supposed to remind you that Superman talked about potentially paroling phantom zone prisoners and Amalek really wants Zod’s head and knows about Superman being alive on earth with a phantom zone projector and that the SI knew about it.

10. Xmaster3000

Xmaster3000 Know what you're doing yet?

I'm sorry; when WHO show up?!

11. Venustoise

Venustoise Getting sticky.

Most ranger teams aren't against killing villains. Even if we ignore that most of Rita's monsters were clay figures, the rangers most likely wont be shocked by OL killing villains.

Heck, even the teams that do fight sapients (minus SPD and Time Force) have no issue killing them.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2024
    Cuchulin and Vaermina like this.
  12. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

Yup.

Of course, due to timeline shenanigans we know what happens if you kill or remove Rita/Zed/Ect before the Z-Wave. And due to crossover shenanigans we know just where the Power Rangers stand on the DC power scale. So it will be interesting to see whether Zoat can tip toe around those things or not.

13. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

You're assuming he's going to try and kill the villains.

Remember in previous April Fools episodes he actually helped them.

Ardy and Vaermina like this.
  14. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

I can see it now. He tries to lecture the Power Rangers about how Rita was unjustly locked away for 10,000 years.

15. Ardy

Ardy I trust you know where the happy button is?

I mean solitary confinement is actually torture under a whole heck of countries, and it's flat-out unconstitutional to confine someone alone for longer than like... I want to say a few days in the US.

Point is, either kill her or don't, but locking someone in a room alone for a year is horrific, and 10,000 is unimaginable suffering.

kraryal likes this.
  16. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

I haven't seen the show in years, but I don't think she was locked up on Earth and she wasn't alone.

Granted, she may not have wanted that particular company, but she had it.

Vaermina likes this.
  17. Venustoise

Actually narrows it down quite a bit. Tommy was only on the Mighty Morphin, Zeo, Turbo, and Dino Thunder teams. Though I think Zoat confirmed the rangers are before Tommy moved to Angel Grove.

Edit: Found it.

True, but its kinda hard to blame the Rangers on that, since that happened well before they were born. Plus, for all we know, what Zordon did was perfectly legal in inter-galactic law. Or at least, not as questionable as it should be.

That and I doubt anyone in the galaxy would charge Zordon or the rangers for what he did to Rita.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2024
    Celtic Spartan likes this.
  18. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

"officially"

Chojin Patriarch likes this.
  19. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

Well... Say goodbye to the universe... Because a Paul could only make things worse at that point in the timeline...

Last edited: Mar 17, 2024
  20. Zig

Zig Not too sore, are you?

Aka he's been in every era, so Zoat setting the story before his first arrival is basically the only way to fully avoid him.

Xmaster3000 and Ardy like this.
  21. Prince Charon

Prince Charon Just zis guy, you know?

Hollywood executives et al are really bad about nuance, and have been for a while, so it's not surprising that they avoided dealing with that. If they had tried to, it would have probably been incredibly hamfisted.

Lord Ernest and Ardy like this.
  22. Venustoise

Ooh. I thought Coltsguy meant he wanted OL to visit a season where Tommy was on a team. And those four were the only teams he was a member of.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2024
    Prince Charon likes this.
  23. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

Even that's shouldn't technically work with Lord Drakkon jumping between universes and timelines.

Venustoise likes this.
  24. Venustoise

Unless Zoat chooses to ignore that for this fic.

Ardy and Prince Charon like this.
  25. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

He'd have to ignore an awful lot in that case given it's unquestionably canon.

You'd basically have to write out everything to do with the Morphing Grid and Multiverse. And while yea, he could do that, it would basically be hitting the entire setting with a giant nerf bat, and that's never a good thing.

Relyt33 and Celtic Spartan like this.
  26. Threadmarks: Starring (part 21)
    Mr Zoat

11th October 1999
    08:02 GMT

Well… That's… Completely terrifying.

At Secondary School we didn't have separate biology, physics and chemistry G.C.S.E.s. Instead, we had something called Science Double Award G.C.S.E. which compressed the three down into two. I'm not sure what the difference would have been, but… Physics wasn't my best subject. So much of what is supposedly true about the nature of spacetime just sounds so ridiculous…

And that's a black hole.

I've read Stargate Command's records on the incident, and… And honestly, it made me want to go and live in a universe with sensible physical laws. But between Am-heh's ancestor's understanding of real physics and my own desire for the stupid suck-hole to leave me alone-.

"-od we can still-."

The man I believe to be Major Boyd jerks around, taking in his still-stationary comrades and.. the man hanging in the air next to them, and then looking up at me.

"Are you..? Am I dead?"

"No."

"Oh fuck."

"You're not really my type, but get a few drinks in me and who knows where the evening might take us?"

He stares at me.

"What?"

"Better. Now, my name is Lord Mammon. I am currently Stargate Command's leading supplier of naquada and I'm here to… Ah, let's be generous and say 'rescue' you."

He considers that. Then he looks up at the black hole in the sky behind us. "How?"

"Gravity shielding. Technically, any species with artificial gravity technology could do this, I'm just better at it."

He nods distractedly. "My team?"

"I thought that briefing the team leader first would be the thing to do. My plan is to take the five of you back to my homeworld while your superiors arrange the novel plant varieties that I want to trade you for, then send you on your way."

"And which of us is getting a snake in our head?"

"As long as the snake is a consenting adult, I'd frankly rather not know. Are you coming, or do you want to stay-" I point my right thumb at the black hole. "-here?"

11th October 1999
    12:37 GMT

I sit up in my lounger and take a long sip through my banana milkshake's straw. Oh, Neper grows a sort of plantain-marrow thing on Cannett, but it's not the same. And then I lean back as the ring continues to scan right through that cloaking field the nox have around their flying city. No weapons worth anything, but their anti-gravity system is jolly interesting and cloaking something with that sort of power output is no mean feat.

"Hello?"

I tilt my head-. Ah, one of the local hippies. A young male.

"Good morning." I grip my milkshake and shake it at him. "Want one?"

He gives me the mildest frown imaginable. "I was wondering… Do you know why I can't feel you?"

"Because you're not touching me?"

"No. It's like… You have no life force at all?"

"Is that some sort of… Extra sensory perception thing? Because I'm wearing a force field, so it might be blocking it."

I could scan him. The nox are supposed to have some sort of innate biological ability to heal others. If I could create a cell suspension that duplicated it, we could do away with the sarcophagus. Or I could give a mindless clone to Bastet…

No, too much risk. I'll just be happy with what I'm getting.

"Huh. Yes."

"I mean, I'm not an expert on your abilities-."

"I would like one."

"Rightoh." I focus on my desire to give the young hippy who's probably never known another way of life at least one benefit of consumer society and a new milkshake appears in the air before him. "Enjoy."

He takes the glass in both hands and takes a sip. Then he pulls a face.

"I don’t like it. Is there milk in it? I'm not a baby."

"It's a milkshake; it's mostly milk. You don't like it, don't drink it."

He drops it, spilling it on the ground, and then looks around. "Are you hunting? That doesn't usually work very well."

"No. Not hunting. It doesn't usually work very well."

"Then what are you here for?"

I shrug. "Got any good fruit?"

12th October 1999
    16:52 GMT

The stargate closes and those naughty robots of Altair finally stroll through. Stargate Command's reports say that they buried the gate, so I decided to borrow Lord Bastet's calculation system and locate this planet manually. Of course, they haven't buried the gate, and Harlan is awkwardly heading for the gate to welcome them back.

Stealth drones built with a combination of goa'uld and nox technology have scoured the facility and the land outside. Their shielding protects them from the intense radiation and acid rain, and I've already identified dozens of sites of interest. I'm not really sure who used to live here, but a cursory examination suggests that their technology was at least equal to that of the goa'uld.

Messing up your world this badly takes effort.

I could break into the facility with force, or hack into the entrance computers, but I think something a little less confrontational would be better.

Plug that drone into the exterior communication system…

Transmit.

"Hello Altair base. Please respond."

The ring shows me the team looking around, and then looking at Harlan's retreating back. He leads them into some sort of command centre-.

"Comtrya?"

"Comtrya to you, too. My name is Mammon, and I'm a merchant. I have a proposition for you and your colleagues. Might I have your permission to enter your home and discuss it?"

O'Neil 2 nudges Harlan aside. "And what happens if we say 'no'?"

"Then I salvage the surface on my own and then leave you to it. Some jolly interesting stuff up here. I.. think that's a space ship. Oh, I've also got a better battery system, stargate network map, goa'uld scientific and technical tools and farm fresh produce, and… I also acquired a full record of every episode of The Simpsons?"

O'Neil looks around, getting nods from his team and a confused shrug from Harlan.

"Alright. We'll meet you by the main door."

"I will see you shortly."

Last edited: Apr 11, 2024
  27. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

That should say 'it'.

28. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

At least he has his priorities straight.

29. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Did you mean "naughty".

30. lancelot

lancelot Grand High Poobah

I find this much more interesting then the half assed attempt to play at being a snake.

So busy trying to play moral arguments when it would have been much more interesting to fuck with them about keeping the Stargate secret from 99.99% of people on this planet. That thanks to them playing stupid games like that or being too cowardly to admit that they don't want to tell the rest of the world they got the entire planet into a war of annihilation with an empire spanning a good chunk of the galaxy.
    How we could complete fuck your planet over just by landing on the front door of the UN with a selective story, or too be more ruthless it would be child's play to put a cloaked, or hidden naquadah/potassium bomb inside every major government on the planet and thanks to their secrets there is NOTHING they could do to stop him, or any snake.

Prince Charon, Ardy, Chirox and 13 others like this.