• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Esquestria: The House of the Sun - A pony cultist experience

"Ohoh? You want this old stallion to tell you a story?" he asks, to which the filly quickly nods. "Well then, I have been around for a while, and I have seen quite a few things during my travels. So why don't I tell you the story about a city I visited once. It was a very cold city, mind you, and it was even colder because a certain mare was in charge. She was a very sad mare, you see, and she put a rule in place saying that nopony was allowed to sing, or even speak at all! So, an old teacher of mine asked me to…"
…Huh. So Biedde was the guy who went and dragged Khione out of her city in this verse? Weird, I could have sworn that the implication in canon was it being the Colonel himself, though I guess sending a Name to deal with a Name makes sense too. Also now I'm wondering if Khione might have been Neighnia here. :V
"Slave."

"Hypocrite."
…Dammit, this entire scene feels like I'm watching an old married couple, even if there's definitely no romance there. Still; I love these words in particular.
"And neither is you, or myself, or anypony whose name is worth knowing. But still, I don't speak about the mark itself. I'm speaking of the symbolism behind the action. Her mother would not appreciate you marking her daughter as a pawn."
…Okay, seriously. Why is Silky Name bait? Because Biedde just immediately going "nah, I'm claiming this one" is ridiculous. Especially since it seems to be implied that his Dyad is the person who would care, and he felt the need to claim her first.
Also funny as hell.
Because several questions come to your mind at the same time. What does he mean about this? How did he meet your niece? What in Celestia's sun does he mean by employment?
On the one hand, I feel kind of sorry for Steppes having to wonder what in the actual fuck his niece is up to. On the other, this is, again, absolutely hilarious. Also very interesting that Biedde bothered to go all the way to Manehatten just to ask Steppes about his new boss.
However, how… how?! How? And why? And what does this mean? And is she safe?!
Well… she's pretty safe now that he's here. :V
He is not lying. You know that. You know that he is capable of lying, like only the very cunning can. But still, you know he is not lying.
Hey, he's only got Moth 3. Be glad he's not like Marinette or Baldomare, or you wouldn't even be able to tell that much.
"I am not here to clean up, though I would if ordered,"
That's an interesting way to put it, "cleaning up". Makes me wonder how often Biedde has just wiped out entire criminal organizations because he was ordered to.

[X] [BIEDDE] Ask for an Influence of Edge.

Frankly Baldomare Sacrament is kind of useless now, we can just pay scholars to translate stuff, if not just give the books to Cadance, and have her people translate it for free, she can call it the best experts in Equestra easily. We are in the upper echelons of power for a major country, stuff like tranlating text is for people with specialized knowledge, lower on the overall totem poll.

Good fripping luck finding someone who can read Deep Mandic, or Fucine, or Killasimi. Or for that matter, explaining anything written in such languages. So far we've piddled around gleaning scraps of enlightenment from common sources, but now we're on the cusp of needing to find stranger insights. Universal comprehension would save us so much time, and allow us to maintain information security. Honestly, right now I'm pretty sure using our Lantern realization to comprehend books is giving us a malus or limited returns, that journal probably would have been even more effective if we could read it outright.

Ultimately though, we can't reach greater heights without first achieving the sacrament, so it needs doing.

Just an old stallion making the rounds. Just another old -so very old- creature looking around this new Wake. Nothing more, nothing less, and nothing worth noting.

Called it, pure distilled Yamamoto energy, [One Who Is Terrible]. Biedde's definition of guarding is plainly of the highest possible standard, we will absolutely be getting our money's worth. Also, it's nice to see Silky continue to make friends, she has a real knack for this, 4 for 4 on Name first impressions.

Our kid is going to end up with such a Mark by the end of this...

(Well that saves a bit of time, assuming it lasts until next turn so we can apply it to summoning those Mares)

Last edited:
Ya, might change this later but i've not been able to come up witn anoything ore productive. Best to follow the flow.
[] [BIEDDE] Ask for an Influence of Edge.
[X] [BIEDDE] There is something in Canterlot that you simply must find. Look for it.

Does this bring you joy? sure, it's a neat little thing in the moment but when you stop to look theres nothing there to enjoy.
If you're feeling creative, pick up a pen.
The best time to start is now.

Last edited:
Frankly Baldomare Sacrament is kind of useless now, we can just pay scholars to translate stuff, if not just give the books to Cadance, and have her people translate it for free, she can call it the best experts in Equestra easily. We are in the upper echelons of power for a major country, stuff like tranlating text is for people with specialized knowledge, lower on the overall totem poll.

I think it'll be more useful then you think, considering there are always things Velvet will want to read first before allowing others to see.
At the end of the day though Sacraments are just a means to an end. Sure there are some Sacraments that are probably more useful then others and some people prefer specific ones for narrative reasons, but ultimately what matters is the action itself. They set the theme of Velvet's lore, but the fact the lore grows past the block is the most important part.

"And besides, your grandniece spoke well of you. Her company has earned you a stay from execution."
…Man, I am really looking forward to that Steppes action when it comes around. Because while he may not really know what just happened or why, it's not the sort of thing you can just… shrug off. Maybe if Steppes were the only person affected, but his entire organization just spent the day convinced they were going to die? Because his niece somehow and for some reason decided to hire the super murderiest pony in existence, and the only reason they're not dead is that she spoke well of him?

I also want that Edge influence more, too, if only to play into the type of Steppes decides to come in person.

I also want that Edge influence more, too, if only to play into the type of Steppes decides to come in person.

Oh I didn't even realize that! Yes, Steppes comes to visit and finds us putting out only slightly less of a terrifying aura as we Moth around acting like the same cheerful niece he's always known. Silky will be over the moon about a visit, and she's going to want him to meet Auntie Baldomare and her best friend Axe and her sister Selene, and-

Poor Steppes.

Veeeeery nice stuff.
Just caught back up.
As for actual thoughts? Well... I'm slowly working on another piece of slow writting to try and explain some ideas this has sparked. But for now?
Biedde is...

Simple is the wrong word. Not because it's untrue, but because that's the result, not the truth of the matter.
He is simple as much as he is clear and direct and honest. All of which is true, but none of it is the truth of him.
He is responsible, but that's not the point.

He is what is left.
What's left after a knife is honed down to a clean edge.
What's left after all the impurities in a metal have been worked away.
What is left after everything that does not matter is stripped away.

A weapon cannot cut cleanly if it is attached to something. A tool cannot fulfill it's purpose if it is left unused. It is...
He is...

Smooth is the wrong word
But it's the closest I can get.

Veeeeery nice stuff.
Just caught back up.
As for actual thoughts? Well... I'm slowly working on another piece of slow writting to try and explain some ideas this has sparked. But for now?
Biedde is...

Simple is the wrong word. Not because it's untrue, but because that's the result, not the truth of the matter.
He is simple as much as he is clear and direct and honest. All of which is true, but none of it is the truth of him.

He is what is left.

A weapon cannot cut cleanly if it is attached to something. A tool cannot fulfill it's purpose if it is left unused. It is...
He is...

Smooth is the wrong word

"Purposeful". He has his purpose and he is full of it, so much so that he can't help but express that purpose in all he does. For a Name is his principles moreso than he is anything else.

Smooth is the wrong word
Sharp.
Um
Why is Steppes going to die today?
A Name of the Colonel is visiting a criminal. In almost any other instance, there's only one real way that can end.
Oh I didn't even realize that! Yes, Steppes comes to visit and finds us putting out only slightly less of a terrifying aura as we Moth around acting like the same cheerful niece he's always known. Silky will be over the moon about a visit, and she's going to want him to meet Auntie Baldomare and her best friend Axe and her sister Selene, and-

Poor Steppes.
Would she be less terrifying? I mean, yes, her combat score is technically less, but a maximum influence is actually, technically speaking, a Level 7+ effect. And that's on top of her own levels. Biedde is a Name, but even here he wasn't really putting on as much of a show as he could have.

[X] [BIEDDE] Equestria is full of undiscovered places. You must learn their secrets…
--[x] Search for a place that is old in its History. Where the influence of the Mansus is but an echo, but that can still be heard in the wind. (Search for an intermediary expedition)

We need more artifacts, and more books, the most. And getting a small or medium difficulty expeditions, This or a easy expedition site our people or Velvet can clear with a single action. Any name should be able to solo clear easy expeditions.

If we truly don't need him for anything a hunt. Or religious matters might be a good idea.

Because we will surely need him eventually.

@OurLadyOfWires would biedde offer his Sacrament to Comet. If we asked him to?

[X] Pursue religious goals.

If it doesn't interrupt his guarding by all means.

Last edited:

You can pry our Ritual/Reagent/Expedition Bits from Velvet's cold, dead hooves.

An interesting thing to note about Biedde, too, is that with his specialty being just combat flat out, he actually has bonuses equivalent to Celestia. Better, if you compare him pulling an Influence to her using NHB, and even better if he can also happen to use AotL.

He has half her health, but that's just durability, and Result of being mere summon. In terms of sheer combat skill he is still, in essence, equal to Celestia. Not to mention whatever the fuck his Realization/Sacrament powers are.

Don't forget his stacking +5s from being wounded!

Veeeeery nice stuff.
Just caught back up.
Biedde is...

He is what is left.

He is...

Smooth is the wrong word

Honed?

Sharp.

A Name of the Colonel is visiting a criminal. In almost any other instance, there's only one real way that can end.

Yeah, but when Steppes if they would live past today, Biedde said no. But he clearly isn't the one who is going to kill them. So who is?

Yeah, but when Steppes if they would live past today, Biedde said no. But he clearly isn't the one who is going to kill them. So who is?
I think you're misunderstanding. Biedde said he wasn't going to kill them, and that building-wide sense of doom is seemingly the result of his "Terrifying Opponent" trait when he's not actively masking it (like he seemingly is at the manor).

[X] Pursue religious goals.
…Bro, that's only a way to get him to stay longer.
The following options are available at the end of Biedde's stay:
We can't just toss him at it randomly.
Steppes asked two questions.
"Are… are we not going to die? Is… will we live past today?"
Biedde was answering the first. Which, admittedly, is a double negative, and should mean he's going to die, but that's probably just linguistic quibbling, or just Biedde assuming what Steppes was really asking is if he's going to die. English isn't Bird's first language IIRC.

Basically, it was more like "wait, you're not killing us?" "No, I'm not killing you."

Steppes—and his employees—made an assumption that Biedde was going to kill them. Biedde just decided not to.

[X] [BIEDDE] Equestria is full of undiscovered places. You must learn their secrets…
--[x] Search for a place that is old in its History. Where the influence of the Mansus is but an echo, but that can still be heard in the wind. (Search for an intermediary expedition)

We need more artifacts, and more books, the most. And getting a small or medium difficulty expeditions, This or a easy expedition site our people or Velvet can clear with a single action. Any name should be able to solo clear easy expeditions.

Oh I quite like this option, actually.
It's rather nice. But the Influence argument is also pretty good.

I think you're misunderstanding. Biedde said he wasn't going to kill them, and that building-wide sense of doom is seemingly the result of his "Terrifying Opponent" trait when he's not actively masking it (like he seemingly is at the manor).

I guess it's odd because Steppes asked: "Are… are we not going to die? Is… will we live past today?", and Biedde answered, "No," which would mean that they are going to die aand they will not live past today. Maybe he was answering the unasked question, "are you going to kill us all?" instead? Is that what was intended, @OurLadyOfWires ?

EDIT: aaaaaaand of course Angelsadvocate would swoop in to suggest just that right before I posted.

Last edited:
It's a usual problem when you ask two questions that can have conflicting questions.

"Aren't we going to die? Will any of us live?"
"No."

By context you can say that he meant "No, you aren't going to die." But that's a bitch to express without either changing the question or specifying in the answer. And Steppes wasn't in the mindset to word things thoroughly.

Also, telling him to "extend his stay" is a free action of his, and... well, technically it CAN be picked at any time? Except for the long expedition one. But still, I'm more looking for what you want him to do, not a pick on his extension actions.
Still, vote for whatever you like. It's just that summoning him and immediately telling him to extend his stay was not something I had expected.

Last edited:
We can't just toss him at it randomly.
Ah my apologies. Also good to know.

Still, vote for whatever you like. It's just that summoning him and immediately telling him to extend his stay was not something I had expected.
We Stan for the Colonel in this household :V

Also... I haven't seen anything really pressing?

If we knew where Copper was I would say end her. But. Ehm.

Edit:
And thank you!

Last edited:
Velvet: Wait, so you guard my family automatically?
Biedde: That is the bare minimum of what I do, yes.
Velvet: Sir, I don't care what else you can do, just please never leave!

Now I have to wonder what the Lionsmith Name would be all about, since he's probably not a professional soldier…

Speaking of secrets. Now that Cadence is in our circle are we telling her about the forges redemption @OurLadyOfWires ?

Velvet: Wait, so you guard my family automatically?
Biedde: That is the bare minimum of what I do, yes.
Velvet: Sir, I don't care what else you can do, just please never leave!

Now I have to wonder what the Lionsmith Name would be all about, since he's probably not a professional soldier…
Literally this. He can run his own private cult/army and start conquering neighboring countries for all I care.

Last edited:

Honestly, the fact that we are going to do a spooky Mansus Expedition this turn has sold me on getting an Influence. Comet negotiations will just be a bonus.

Finding an expedition site would be cool too, but that means little if Red Church gribblies eat us.

If the lionsmith has a name that will guard velvets family automatically I will 100% Stan for him. @angelsadvocate666

Velvet is a single issue voter. :3

Edge didn't help us in the red church last time. It seems silly to assume it will now? Unless bird said otherwise. And I missed it.

Assumptions are dangerous things...

--[X][GUARD] You would very much like to keep this safe. (Your home)
Do we get this action back Bird? Or do we simply double up on guards this turn?

There.
Now that I've had a snack, expressed the weird expression about Biedde, let's move onto what we want him to do.

I see two options.
The first, is the one most people tend to be leaning right now. Ask for an Influence of Edge. It's useful, we are Manus exploring, and it gives flavor to the interaction with Comet.
The second, is sending Biedde to search for the outsider in Canterlot. This is something that needs to happen, and while, yes, we can expect Baldomare to get like... 70% of the way there, having the first 30% or so done for us more or less freely is very very useful.

Personally, I lean towards having him searching for the Outsider.
Thoughts from y'all?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back