1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Mindsieve's Fics and whatnot

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mindsieve, Oct 13, 2016.

1. Threadmarks: THREAD TITLE AND LINKS
    Mindsieve

Mindsieve Muted

ASZS

Last edited: Oct 25, 2016
    Christopher Tate and Harpy81 like this.
  2. Threadmarks: Sung's Fantasies 0-1
    Mindsieve

Mindsieve Muted

[BLESSING OF GAIA RECEIVED: ABILITY, THE GAMER, ACTIVATED]

{A Blink.}

"Um. What?"
    {He Sits up.}

Posted in front of me was a nearly opaque box, filled with words.
    {He stands and stares at the screen.}

[Player: Victor Richter]
    [Ability: The Gamer]
    [Weapon: Book, 'A Beginner's Guide to Mana.']
    [Current Condition: Preparing for the First Level]
    [Points: 0]

I... what was happening? Where was I? In a room completely white, I was alone save these text boxes... was I dreaming? Wait, the gamer system?

[GAMER SYSTEM STARTED, LOADING CHARACTER SHEET]

[-CHARACTER SHEET-]
    [LEVEL---------------- 1]
    [EXP ----------------0/8]
    [HP---------------80/80]
    [SP----------------80/80]
    [---------STATS---------]
    [STR------------------05]
    [END------------------06]
    [DEX------------------05]
    [INT-------------------08]
    [WIS------------------06]
    [STAT POINTS------00]

[EFFECTS]
    [Dimensional Shock (20 Sec)

[TITLE: Heir of the Iron Hills]
    [Heir of Lord Richter, You are the next in line to control the Ironstone Castle and the fiefdoms in the Iron Hills.]
    [Provides no benefits, other than denominating your status]

What? What's with this system? I'm no Lord's Heir...
    {Victor Cradles his head, then looks back up.}

[Traits]
    [Species (Human): You're a human. You have a natural affinities to the energies of the world, and can filter it through yourself. Stat Limit: Physical 50, Mental 100.]
    [Reincarnation: A bit of accidental magic has rewritten large parts of your memories and personality. You now have access to Tech Level 5,6,7 and 8 Skills.]
    [Gamer's Body: Lets you have a body as if you it was from a game. After sleeping in a bed, regain all * and remove all status effects. If HP drops below 0, this perk is nullified and you will gain the effect: Gates of Hell]
    [Gamer's Mind: Allows the user to be calm in stressful situations, and grants an immunity to Psychological Status Effects.]

Er...

[SKILLS]
    [One-handed Sword Mastery LV 8 (455/583)]
    [One-Handed Shielding Mastery LV 6 (271/274)]
    [Archery Mastery LV 4 (82/100)]
    [Tactics LV 3 (24/51)]
    [Smithing LV 7 (312/409)]
    [Language: Common LV 3 (45/51)
    [Economics LV 4 (57/100)]
    [Leadership LV 2 (10/21)]

Okay... That's... Good, I guess? But that's totally not- Why do I remember how to- and - alright. I guess, I do...

[SPELLS]
    [NONE]

[INVENTORY]
    [DR: P6, M1]
    [Noble Clothes (20/20, PDR +5)[W]]

Oh, is that what I'm wearing? Kinda odd...

[You obtained the Skill Book 'A Beginner's Guide to Mana.' Would you like to learn this Skill?]
    [YES][NO]

Well, the obvious thing to do here is to press yes...
    {Victor presses Yes.}

[New Perk Unlocked: Mana Well, Affinities Unlocked, Title: Sole Mage added.]

[Mana Well: Your latent ability to collect and hold mana has been unlocked. You're now able to channel mana spells and skills.]

[Sole Mage: You're gain this magic when you can chain and channel a single magical field at a time. Essentially, you're a beginner. Gives +10 Mana regen per minute.]

Gah. Pain. M-my heart... no, Deeper, what's-
    {Victor doubles over, then slowly straightens up. First, Victor's eyes glow, floats off the floor for a second, then the light extinguishes, and he is set back down.}

Oh.
    Oh my.
    {Victor Raises his hand as it Shines, building from moonlight to torch, then finally as bright as the sun.}

[Spell Gained: LV1 [5/6 Continual Light (1/4/16MP(1,2,4/min)/Ins.) Illuminates an 1'D area at touch-range or you hand, that glows as much as moonlight, a torch, or direct sunlight.]

Ha! Amazing... What if I...
    {The light slowly pulls off, coalescing into a bright dot that floats a foot above Victor's hand, flowing and sitting above his shoulder.}

[Spell Gained: LV1 [1/6] Floating Light (20MP(+5/Min)) Creates a glowing light as bright as a torch, that you may move freely with a thought, up to 10 feet away.]

{The light bounces around the room, coming back to Victor slowly, stopping on his hand once again, before going out.}

I wonder what else I could do with this? Maybe -

[Condition Updated: Tutorial One]
    { S-SuDENLy A KOBOLD appearS a dozen feet ahead of Victor, dressed in rags and weilding a club.}

Oh- "what the fuck?"
    {The Kobold screeches, and sprints towards Victor, who takes a few steps back. It pulls it's club upwards, and tries to bash Victor. Mid-Swing, Victor brings a hand up a awkwardly catches the club, bloodying his palm. Snapping in his face, the Kobold lets the club go, trying to claw Victor's eyes out. Only capable of blocking one hand, the Kobold's claws drag down, leaving short gashes in Victor's face that fade only a second later, but bloody marks mar the hit.}

[-4 HP, -20 SP]

"Fuck y-you!"
    {Victor shoves the creature back, A fist collides with it's snout, knocking it down. While it snarls at him, Victor speedily turned the club around, and brought it downwards. Twice. A third time. It stops moving, and the club hits the floor.}

[+10 EXP, +10 P, -35 SP, Item: Small Wooden Club]

{Victor wipes off the blood, staring at the body then the box floating in front of him. He taps it close, only to get another one.}

[Level Up! +5 Stat Points. All status effects removed and HP, SP and MP recovered.]
    [Condition Updated: Abyss Auction Open for (1) Hour(s)]

O...kay?

{A bar opens in the box, and a microphone icon pops up below it.}

"Uh... Help?"

[-ABYSS AUCTION-]
    [-HELP GUIDES-]
    [-Abyss Auction Tutorial =0P-]
    [-White Room Tutorial =2P-]
    [-Natural Abilities Tutorial =1P-]
    [-3.7K More Results-]

{A quick touch to the free option brings up a series of screens describing the Auction. Using Points, White Room Users could supplement or outright buy abilities, skills and items for a price. As a Gamer, the White Room's abilities were greatly expanded on, due to the multiplicative effect on the two abilities. Done with the tutorial, the screen returned to normal, with a timer now counting down to 26 minutes.}

Welp. Essentials first then.

"Abyss, buy 'Empty Slate', open 'Aura Books'."

[-ABYSS AUCTION-]
    [-Aura Books-]
    [-Aura for Beginner Book=5P-]
    [-Intermixing Mana and Aura Book=200P-]
    [-Aura Tips and Tricks I =5P-]
    [-1.1K More results-]

{Victor quickly buys 'Aura for Beginners' and 'Aura Tips and Tricks I', only to absorb them via his Gamer Ability.}

[Item: Empty Slate. A slate connected to the White Room, this allows you to spend Points while either in Conditions, or in the 'Real' World. No Value, costs 1 P.]
    [Trait Gained: Aura Well. Spell Unlocked: Aura Reinforcement. Spell Unlocked: Aura Strengthening. Spell Unlocked: Aura Regeneration.]
    [Aura Well: You've infused the physical aspect of yourself with your willpower, creating a well of Aura to call upon. Much like Mana, this resource can be used to power Aura Spells and Skills.]
    [LV 1 [0/6] Aura Reinforcement (-50SP (-10/Min)): You may use aura to naturally reinforce your physical resistance to damage. +50 and x1.1 PDR while active.]
    [LV 1 [0/6] Aura Strengthening (-40SP (-40/Min.)): You use aura to make your physical proweress even better. multiply by 1.15 your STR, END and DEX while this is active.]
    [LV 1 [0/6] Aura Regeneration (-(10*HP Healed) SP): You pull on your willpower to regenerate health. +1 HP per 10 SP used.]

huh. Cool.

{The boxes all disappear as the timer runs out, and a final one pops up.}

[Condition: Abyss Auction Ended, Updated Condition: Rest mode]

{With that, the room glows, and Victor opens his eyes to find himself in a stone room of some sort, laid down in a large bed, with a stove in the corner. A maid sits on a nearby stool. She notices Victor's eyes falling on her nearly as soon as they open.}

"Milord, You're awake!"
    {A smile adorns her face, swaying as she checks Victor's temperature, then leaving to get a physician.}

------------------
    AN: It's a mix of all three of Sung Young's novels/mangas. It's 2:31 AM, and I'm dead tired. so. yeah. I'm ending this here before I pass out and my laptop goes flying off my lap.
    ------------------

Recurring and known things about the Sung-Verse

All Sources:
    - There are two confirmed worlds, Earth and Emmes.
    - There are Users that can use special abilities. These are usually called Natural Ability Users, and they mostly have skills or powers that allow them to affect large swathes of reality.
    -Magic is controlled by Mana, and either runs off of an internal well of power, or channeling inert mana in the area.
    -Aura is the manifestation of the soul into a physical ability.
    -The Game Company (also known as Abyss) runs a inter-dimensional empire of commerce, selling and buying nearly everything.
    -Monsters, no matter how they're spawned, are likely to have a spirit stone in their heads. The quality and size depends on the strength of the monster.
    -Monsters can imbue [Monster Type] Mana into objects to create tools and gear, which have a potential of staying behind after their death.
    -Half-Breeds exist on Emmes, and spiritual/magical half-breeds exist on Earth.

Life Howling:
    - The White Room is NOT an Natural Ability, rather, it's a way to introduce the -other side- of reality to normal.
    - The White Room can either summon or create monsters.
    - Adventurer Guilds exist. They hunt monsters on Emmes' Surface, and dungeon delve as well.
    - The Game Company has a hold on Emmes' economy, to the point where they run the world.

The Gamer:
    - Instant Dungeons either Summon or Create Monsters.
    - Instant Dungeons have a tendency of not spawning Monster Gear very often, unless a Natural Ability user boost' it's hold on reality.
    - The Abyss Auction has a controls most, if not all, of the supernatural markets on Earth.
    - Gaia has "banned" the use of supernatural abilities from affecting Normals, with those that reveal their powers being stricken down without fail.

Maze Age Z:
    - Demons and Monsters are two different things. Demons are inhabitants of a lower "plane" of existence. Monsters are naturally spawning creatures that are hostile.
    - Magic is sorted not by category, but how many elements/affinities/aspects a mage can imbue into a single spell. (Sole, Deuce, Tri, Quad, Penta, Hexa, Etc.
    - Magic is Not Summoning, nor is it Aura. All three of these abilities may be learned through study and practice.
    - Mazes are naturally spawning "dungeons" that constantly release either a trickle of Monsters from a pit, or they're multi-level mazes that Adventurers can delve into for Monster Gear. Both types have a Boss after each wave/level. Once every six months, the Maze churns out an amazing amount of monsters.
    - Emmes is split into feudal-style lands, with kings, vassals and 16th century technology.
    - Emmes' land has been cursed? and requires constant purification rituals to cleanse the land to grow food.
    - Emmes' soceity was started around 1000 years ago by a revolutionary emperor.
    - Demons are contracted by most magic users of Emmes', doing tasks from servitude to being used as war assets.

Monster Types:
    - Undead. Typically necromancy-based creatures. Unbound Undead are more likely to fall under a Monster category (therefore having spirit stones).
    - Humanoid-Type. Anything that stands up and is hostile towards humankind. Elves, Orcs, Goblins, Kobolds, and so on. Known for breeding with humans to create Half-Breeds.
    - Creature-Type. Anything that is based on non-humanoid beings. Most likely to be non-sapient.
    - Demonic. Anything that's been summoned that either escapes it's contract or takes refuge on earth/Emmes. Usually uses Magic and Mental-Based powers.
    - Boss-Type. Usually a bigger, stronger version of other types. Found usually in Mazes, Dungeons, etc.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2016
  3. Threadmarks: Sung's Fantasies 0-2
    Mindsieve

Mindsieve Muted

[-CHARACTER SHEET-]

[LEVEL---------------- 2]
    [EXP ----------------2/19]
    [HP-------------105/105]
    [SP-------------105/105]
    [MP-------------120/120]
    [---------STATS---------]
    [STR------------------05]
    [END------------------06]
    [DEX------------------05]
    [INT-------------------08]
    [WIS------------------06]
    [STAT POINTS------05]​

BASIC INFO​
    Name: Victor Richter
    Personality: Semi-Genre Savvy Coward
    Appearance: Common Anime Protagonist​

EFFECTS​
    None​

TITLE: Heir of the Iron Hills​

Heir of the Iron Hills: Heir of Lord Richter, You are the next in line to control the Ironstone Castle and the fiefdoms in the Iron Hills. Provides no benefits, other than denominating your status​
    Sole Mage: You gain this title when you can chain and channel a single magical field at a time. Essentially, you're a beginner. Gives +10 Mana regen per minute.

TRAITS​
    Species (Human): You're a human. You have a natural affinities to the energies of the world, and can filter it through yourself. Stat Limit: Physical 50, Mental 100.
    Reincarnation: A bit of accidental magic has rewritten large parts of your memories and personality. You now have access to Tech Level 5,6,7 and 8 Skills.
    Gamer's Body: Lets you have a body as if you it was from a game. After sleeping in a bed, regain all HP, MP, SP and remove all status effects. If HP drops below 0, this perk is nullified and you will gain the effect: Gates of Hell
    Gamer's Mind: Allows the user to be calm in stressful situations, and grants an immunity to Psychological Status Effects.​
    Mana Well: Your latent ability to collect and hold mana has been unlocked. You're now able to channel mana spells and skills.
    Aura Well: You've infused the physical aspect of yourself with your willpower, creating a well of Aura to call upon. Much like Mana, this resource can be used to power Aura Spells and Skills.

SKILLS​

One-handed Sword Mastery LV 8 (455/583)​
    The ability to utilize swords proficiently.​
    +24% Damage when using a one-handed sword.​
    +8% Attack Speed when using a one-handed sword.​
    =Ending Blow (20 SP): You execute a blow that will be fatal to stunned enemies. x5 AtkDam. ​
    One-Handed Shielding Mastery LV 6 (271/274)​
    The ability to wield a one-handed shield proficiently.​
    x1.3 PDB when using a one-handed shield.​
    =Bash (20 SP): Push your enemy back with your shield. x0.2 AtkDam, Minor Action.​
    Archery Mastery LV 4 (82/100)​
    The ability to utilize bows proficiently.​
    +12% Damage when using a bow.​
    +16% Attack Speed when using a bow.​
    = Quick Shot (20 SP): Double your shooting speed for a single shot.​
    Tactics LV 3 (24/51)​
    The ability to plan combat tactics against enemies.​
    (Int+Wis)x1.5% chance of success.​
    Smithing LV 7 (312/409)​
    The ancient art of crafting items of metal.​
    (Str+Dex+Int) x 3.5% chance of success.​
    Language: Common LV 3 (45/51)​
    You can speak the basic language of Emmes humans.​
    Skill Level: Native Spoken, Average Written​
    Economics LV 4 (57/100)​
    Your ability to perceive and plan economics.​
    (Int) x 8% chance of reading the local economy correctly.​
    (Int) x 4% chance of reading the regional economy correctly.​
    (Int) x 2% chance of reading the national economy correctly.​
    (Int) x 0.5% chance of reading the world's economy correctly.​
    (Int) x 1% chance of successfully planning a economical plan.​
    Leadership LV 2 (10/21)​
    The ability to lead others.​
    (Int) x (Wis)% chance of imparting your will on others of the same level, -1% per level higher than yours.​

SPELLS​

Aura Spells
    LV 1 [0/6] Aura Reinforcement (-50SP (-10/Min)): You may use aura to naturally reinforce your physical resistance to damage. +50 and x1.1 PDR while active.
    LV 1 [0/6] Aura Strengthening (-40SP (-40/Min.)): You use aura to make your physical proweress even better. multiply by 1.15 your STR, END and DEX while this is active.
    LV 1 [0/6] Aura Regeneration (-(10*HP Healed) SP): You pull on your willpower to regenerate health. +1 HP per 10 SP used.

Light Mana Spells
    LV1 [5/6] Continual Light (1/4/16MP(1,2,4/min)/Ins.) Illuminates an 1'D area at touch-range or you hand, that glows as much as moonlight, a torch, or direct sunlight.
    LV1 [1/6] Floating Light (20MP(+5/Min)) Creates a glowing light as bright as a torch, that you may move freely with a thought, up to 10 feet away.

INVENTORY​

DR: P6, M1​
    Noble Clothes: (20/20, PDR +5)[E] A set of clothes fit for a noble of Emmes. Lightweight and good for the lighter seasons.
    Empty Slate : A slate connected to the White Room, this allows you to spend Points while either during Conditions, or while in the 'Real' World.
    Small Wooden Club: (10/25, Dam x1.1 (Ml Bl)) Barely better than a stick, this small club fits easily in one hand, and is good for bashing in skulls. It's a bit broken. Val: 1 Cp

Last edited: Oct 19, 2016