1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

{Quest} Out to Pasture

Discussion in 'Questing' started by shaderic, Apr 22, 2014.

1. Silversun17

Silversun17 Connoisseur.

[X] cafe owner, we got the capital for it by hacking the bank accounts of the world's criminal and Terris's groups and took 2% for ourself while giving the rest to charites like the Red Cross.

2. Chibi-Reaper

Chibi-Reaper D-Donations plz?

Because deliberately dicking with the people who are most likely to flip out and kill a lot of people over having their money, ill gotten or not, fucked with is super discreet. Are we even familiar with this backwater's criminal and terror groups?

We may be a type-F, but let's not start out with a plan that produces a lot of angry criminals with no money but probably plenty guns and a burning desire to both make more money and vent their rage.

[X] Grave-Keeping

It sounds a little morbid, but there are worse funerary jobs. Importantly, it should still keep people at a distance, hopefully respectful.

3. Doom12394

Doom12394 Know what you're doing yet?

[X] Grave-Keeping

4. EternitynChaos

EternitynChaos Once there was a Maiden...

[X] Grave-Keeping

5. Darik29

Darik29 Verified Delicious

[X] Consultation.

Mostly because I'd Love to see what kind of consultant a magical girl maker would be.

And I'm still almost positive we're something almost exactly like Kyubey, but without the horrible methods, lack of morals or personality, or any of that.

6. Jiven

Jiven Most Excellent Lurker

[X] Grave-keeping.

7. Winged One

Winged One Not the Simurgh

How able does this character think he is to handle the undead?

8. shaderic

shaderic An ordinary cat?

In the end, you become a simple tender of the dead.

It's a simple job that you can honestly do without real effort. Besides, there's a certain poetry to it. A phantom taking care of the deceased.

A quick data-dump has the language in your head, although it'll take some studying on your own to make yourself comfortable with. Artificially inserting languages is an old hat trick, but pronunciation is always difficult at first and expanding your vocabulary an honest necessity. Even a language pack as little as a decade out of date can be missing out on important vocabulary, slang, and accents. And that's without even going into regional dialects.

The next week sees you settling into your position with little issue.

The listening post looks after itself mostly. You just take note of anything out of the ordinary and write up a report every once in awhile. Quite honestly, your 'cover' job takes more work and that's just laying out simple magicks. A trick to keep the weeds from taking root, and use of a subtle wind spell keeps the grass in check. The most aggravating part of the day is cleaning up litter. Sure, you have a form of limited telekinesis but that doesn't stop discarded beer cans from ending up in the darndest places.

While you keep entertained in your off hours a little by playing around on the internet (a benefit to manning a listening post is a free high-speed connection with an obscene amount of bandwidth.) you get most of your amusement from watching over the graves.

Or rather, those who come to see them.

It's a little rude and voyeuristic to be sure.

But those who come to a cemetery do it as much for themselves as for the departed.

In particular, one has caught your eye...

[ ] A girl in blue, come to see the mother she never knew.
    [ ] A boy in red, seeking answers from the dead.
    [ ] A widow, who's heart even now belongs to the one below.

9. Adyen

Adyen Experienced.

[X] A widow, who's heart even now belongs to the one below.

10. Introspective Tinkerer

Introspective Tinkerer Searching for their Answer

Anyone know who these people are?

11. Adyen

Adyen Experienced.

Too many possible choices, but I'm hoping the widow is Miya.

12. fitzgerald

fitzgerald Experienced.

[X] A widow

13. BFldyq

BFldyq It's pronounced Be-Fled-Ick

...Boy in red....

Only one I can think of is Shirou. And I highly doubt it's him.

I suspect these are more likely to be OC.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  14. Darik29

Darik29 Verified Delicious

[X] A girl in blue, come to see the mother she never knew.

I get the feeling that we're about to grant whoever we notice a Wish, possibly a rather major Wish, in exchange for [Something]. What that [Something] is I don't know! but this looks neat.

15. Winged One

Winged One Not the Simurgh

Are there even any weapons in Nasu that can do necromancy?

16. Chibi-Reaper

Chibi-Reaper D-Donations plz?

Dragon's teeth, probably.

.... Wait, no, those create skeletons/soldiers, don't actually reanimate them.

Are there any mythological 'weapons' that do necromagic? Because if so, the answer is yes, the trick is just finding them.