1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Road to Civilization [Original Quest]

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Custom Critical, May 3, 2016.

1. Custom Critical

Custom Critical Devout Budding Lotus

The Mystic civilization was one for the books long ago. They evolved from spiritual and mental energies that flowed in ethereal dimensions, eventually developing a form and sapience. Through the ages, they created a society that rivalled the most legendary of species, but a mysterious and unknown force threatened to destroy all which they held dear, and wipe them off of the universal blackboard. Fleeing their home, they sought refuge elsewhere. With sore egos and minds shook by uncertainty, they spread across the Expanse, hoping that their second chance would not go in vain. Can they make it? Will they return to their former glory? Or will they be exterminated by their own incompetence, with only the annals to tell their story?

This is a very basic civilization builder game. I'm starting from zero here, and will add in mechanics slowly over time. That's the best way to see what will work and what will not. Each update will be a year, and the header will read 'Year (Number)'. For the moment, you get three actions per year. I do encourage fluff text, but if you could, use plans when you make your votes. Thanks!

No brackets needed, of course. Also, the weighted system won't always be applicable. The suggestions with the most, uh, thought/fluff might just get put up instead of the one with the most votes. Keep that in mind.

(also, how to spoiler tags?)

Happy Apple and Penwriter like this.
  2. Custom Critical

Reserve post. Go ahead and do your stuff!

3. The Canadian Patriot

The Canadian Patriot Just wishing I could change my account

Could we be a nomadic warrior society based off of the Mandalorians?

Custom Critical likes this.
  4. DCF

DCF Lewd Catgirl

Warriors? Bah!

We should be good honest hard working folk. Creating crafts and writing poems. Building irrigation systems and making detailed celestial observations.

Grosstoad likes this.
  5. Custom Critical

People are interested in this!? o.o

6. The Canadian Patriot

[​IMG]

Did you make this expecting that people wouldn't be?

Custom Critical likes this.
  7. Custom Critical

. . . Uh, well, no. However, is that not the case?

8. The Canadian Patriot

Is it? I don't know.

9. Custom Critical

I'm confused. Props for giving Mandalore a shout-out. No wonder the clones were all based on the Mandalorians' genetic sample. Those are some tough mofos.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2016
  10. The Canadian Patriot

There's... A few mistakes in this, but I think I got the general meaning. Anyway, is there going to be an actual quest posted here soon?

11. Custom Critical

I'm not sure where the mistakes are. Being confused is a mistake? o.o

12. Custom Critical

Or did you mean the bit about Mandalorians?

13. The Canadian Patriot

About the quest in general. You can't just say "post your shit" to start a quest. There's more to it then that.

14. Grosstoad

Grosstoad Whimsical Paranoid Creeper

This is so old. :D

[ spoiler = Title here ] Spoilered here [ / spoiler ]
    Spoilered here

According to opening, it's a zero start, but we might want to have a rough idea of the setting itself. Is the Expanse the multiverse or a closed one?

If it is a closed one, what is the genre?

If it is an open one, we ought to pick the genre, planet/crystal sphere/disk mounted on top of four elephants mounted on top of void-flying turtle... And then the people, the tech/magic/something-something level, culture and ethics, etc., etc., etc.

15. Custom Critical

So, you're telling me you replied directly to a quote about Star Wars, only to turn around and tell me your comment had nothing to do with Star Wars at all?

Is this seriously what you're telling me? Please tell me this is Chinese April Fool's Day or something.

16. The Canadian Patriot

No, I'm saying that to properly start a quest you need more then what you have. How many quests have you taken part in?

17. Custom Critical

. . . You...you're serious.

You're actually serious. That's scary to me. I don't even---what?

Admins, moderators, please lock the FUCK out of this thread. Do it before I grab the nearest gallon of bleach and chug it until I see nothing but darkness. End my suffering!

18. The Canadian Patriot

Now you're just being dramatic.

19. Custom Critical

What did you expect when you enter a thread and display multiple personalities? I didn't know who df I was talking to! Besides, joining a thread months after its creation and going "thair r tingz wrong heur" and "ur do diz wrong!" seems pretty dramatic to me.