1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Comments on Profile Post by Nanimani

1. Seru
    Seru
    Welcome to the Jungle! Pity to hear about your thread ban
    Nov 10, 2016
    Ddmkm122, 1986ctcel and Biigoh like this.
  2. Biigoh
    Biigoh
    Sorry Nanimani, but you can always appeal it with a 1K essay. I have yet to see anyone appeal any judgement with the essay, it appears that such is usually deemed too much work for too little gain.
    Nov 10, 2016
    Ddmkm122 and 1986ctcel like this.
  3. magic9mushroom
    magic9mushroom
    Nov 10, 2016
  4. Seru
    Seru
    Letter of the command as opposed to the Spirit
    Nov 10, 2016
  5. magic9mushroom
    magic9mushroom
    Well, yes and no. If the point is making people work for it, finding a way to inflate "nothing; nothing" into 1,000 words is fairly grueling.
    Nov 10, 2016
  6. Seru
    Seru
    I could have made a pointed, and barbed defense about how I was in the right in the Depression thread, and how they were all a bunch of many mean words go here, and that Bii was a sub par mod for not actually looking for context. Bii is an agent of the owner of this site-
    Nov 10, 2016
  7. Seru
    Seru
    And as an agent, his word basically is law. Bii can arbitrarily infract as he pleases, and we are only able to appeal to Bii's superiors. This means it is in our interest to look at the spirit, not the letter of Bii's statement, and recognize that being a cunt about it is the road to a banning.
    Nov 10, 2016
  8. Seru
    Seru
    The above being true, it was in my best interest not to, and just ignore it. I got a month, for a meme done tongue in cheek with actual noble intent.
    Nov 10, 2016
  9. Nanimani
    Nanimani
    *Shrugs*
    Not really good at writing, so there's only so much I can stretch "Oh jeez, I messed up. Sorry about that, I'll try to stay on topic"

It's not like it stops me from reading anyway, so it could be worse.
    Nov 10, 2016
  10. Biigoh
    Biigoh
    Seru, pretty much... the spirit of the statement and not the letter of the statement is pretty much what I'm looking at.
    Nov 10, 2016
    Ddmkm122, 1986ctcel and Nanimani like this.
  11. Biigoh
    Biigoh
    As for moderation, I'm going to be frank with you... when I moderate... I am "blind" as in I will not side with one or the other. The best I will do is be merciful to who I will hit with a punishment.

It's just that almost always, it comes down to warnings after warnings... and people end up forgetting about the warning. And then comes the payment due for repeated offenses.
    Nov 10, 2016
    Ddmkm122 and 1986ctcel like this.
  12. Cherry Lover
    Cherry Lover
    Well, of course the 1000 word essay is "too much work for too little gain", that's the whole damn *point*. It's designed to give the pretence of an appeal process without the need for you guys to have to actually put in the effort of dealing with any of the appeals....
    Nov 12, 2016
    Ddmkm122 and Biigoh like this.
  13. Biigoh
    Biigoh
    It depends on how much someone wants to get out of the thread ban or subforum ban or irc ban. Can they admit to being wrong and showing contrition and a willingness to try and avoid such future behaviour?

That is what I'm looking for.
    Nov 13, 2016
    Ddmkm122 likes this.
  14. Biigoh
    Biigoh
    More than that Cherry Lover.... Youre now almost at 1k words as is.
    Nov 13, 2016
    Ddmkm122 likes this.