1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Comments on Profile Post by magic9mushroom

1. Imabot
    Imabot
    Maybe he mistaken it with Hawkins radiation?
    Nov 12, 2016
    AngelicKnight. likes this.
  2. Skelion21
    Skelion21
    I think he was trying to make a joke about the coffee being as dark as a black hole.
    Nov 12, 2016
  3. Finagle007
    Nov 12, 2016
    AngelicKnight. and Imabot like this.
  4. magic9mushroom
    magic9mushroom
    The comic got it wrong. Black holes don't emit Cherenkov radiation. Cherenkov radiation is emitted when particles' speed relative to a medium exceeds the speed of light in that medium; it's the electromagnetic equivalent of a sonic boom.
    Nov 13, 2016
    AngelicKnight. and Finagle007 like this.
  5. magic9mushroom
    magic9mushroom
    Black holes have a photon sphere (a shell of light trapped in orbit around the black hole) and emit the very faint Hawking radiation, but as their gravitation is equal-opportunity and they're usually found in space they don't generally cause the sort of enormous velocity differential required to create Cherenkov radiation.
    Nov 13, 2016
    AngelicKnight. and Finagle007 like this.
  6. Finagle007
    Finagle007
    I'm very well aware. I've read Hawking's A Brief History of Time several times, among other lit. re: black holes.
    Nov 13, 2016