1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Comments on Profile Post by magic9mushroom

1. Biigoh
    Biigoh
    Who can say.... it might never return. Or it could return by the end of the week or in 1 week's time or 1 month's time.
    Feb 2, 2017
    Ddmkm122 likes this.
  2. daniel_gudman
    daniel_gudman
    not gonna lie
    I saw this on the "new profile posts" feed and immediately I spoke out loud.
    "Forever
    I hope"
    Feb 2, 2017
    Ddmkm122, MadKeyboard and Biigoh like this.
  3. Biigoh
    Biigoh
    Then Daniel_Gudman is wise beyond his years~
    Feb 2, 2017
    Ddmkm122 likes this.
  4. magic9mushroom
    magic9mushroom
    I was more wondering if it was going to be within the next few hours. I was collecting multiquotes when you locked it.
    Feb 2, 2017
    Ddmkm122 and Biigoh like this.
  5. Biigoh
    Biigoh
    No... it's not going to be in the next few hours.
    Feb 2, 2017
    Ddmkm122 likes this.
  6. magic9mushroom
    Feb 2, 2017
  7. magic9mushroom
    magic9mushroom
    Was it kiff and Ugolino going at it and taking up half a page with pointless sniping that pushed you over the edge, or was there something problematic in the actual discussion that had been going on before that?
    Feb 2, 2017
  8. Biigoh
    Biigoh
    Pointless sniping and I think the thread is inherently just toxic in its nature due to people treating it as if there are no rules there beyond 'cite shit'.
    Feb 2, 2017
    Ddmkm122 likes this.
  9. magic9mushroom
    magic9mushroom
    Is there an implied ban on starting another thread dealing with culture wars?

And/or: Are culture wars off-topic to the politics thread?
    Feb 2, 2017
  10. Seru
    Seru
    At this point, with people having no sense of proper argument ettiquette, and commonly resorting to ad hominem attacks?

Biigoh, you have my formal permission to keep the thread closed indefinitely.
    Feb 2, 2017
    Ddmkm122, MadKeyboard and Biigoh like this.
  11. ```
    ```
    I thought the whole point of the rants section *to begin with* was that you were perfectly free to call your esteemed counterparts a cockmongler in addition to whatever matter, or other colourful defamations of character liberally applied to spice up the discourse.

Else, its just another glorified general/ot forum.
    Feb 4, 2017
  12. magic9mushroom
    magic9mushroom
    That was my general impression as well, to be frank.
    Feb 4, 2017
  13. Biigoh
    Biigoh
    The SJ thread is now perma-closed... but there are new threads to replace it and the politics thread.
    Feb 6, 2017
    Ddmkm122 likes this.
  14. magic9mushroom
    magic9mushroom
    Why are you trying to move discussions on inherently-contentious topics out of the board for heated discussions? I mean, when I responded "Away with you, Satan!" when you suggested this a while back, I was only half-joking.
    Feb 6, 2017
  15. Biigoh
    Biigoh
    You can discuss contentious material outside of rants... the only thing is to stay on topic, and not to attack other members on the forum. ie be polite when talking things. Also be prepared to cite things.
    Feb 6, 2017
    Ddmkm122 likes this.
  16. ```
    ```
    What if ad hominem is an essential, or indeed, inescapable, criterion or corollary of the topic in question?
    Feb 6, 2017
  17. Biigoh
    Biigoh
    Play nice or else is one of the tags... :3
    Feb 6, 2017
    Ddmkm122 likes this.