1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Comments on Profile Post by GorgonEyed

1. GorgonEyed
    GorgonEyed
    Seemingly normal dream, playing boardgames with my sister, cousin and mutual friends.

On the way home, the world warps such that familiar places get mixed with ones that don't exist. In one of these fabricated sections, I meet an old woman who dream-logic says is one of my Grandmother's friends. She is, initially, in a wheelchair.
    Mar 10, 2017
    AngelicKnight. likes this.
  2. GorgonEyed
    GorgonEyed
    We speak general pleasantries at first, but I eventually insist that I have to be getting home. She calls after me with a couple weird things. The first is that I shouldn't wear so many clothes; because it ruins your skin to not to have light hitting it, or something.
    Mar 10, 2017
  3. GorgonEyed
    GorgonEyed
    The second was something half-mumbled about how it's probably to my benefit that she can't get around as well as she used to. I don't think she intended for me to hear that bit at all, in retrospect. Now, the former is weird. But it's the latter which I vaguely recognize as a segue into nightmare land.
    Mar 10, 2017
  4. GorgonEyed
    GorgonEyed
    Now, I've never quite managed lucid dreaming, but I can sometimes give myself powers to combat unpleasant situations. Time manipulation, warframe-inspired parkour, beamu, etc. Then again, I've made friends with some of the cast of my nightmares before. Creepy old women are /nothing/ compared to giant pastel-green spiders, in that regard.
    Mar 10, 2017
  5. GorgonEyed
    GorgonEyed
    I turn around and immediately see things are going wrong. Instead of her wheelchair, she's sitting up in a tree. And as I try to play her former statement off into some jokes, I can feel the dream shifting to hobble me. Physical input of effort doesn't equal actual movement, everything feels like trying to swim through molasses, the usual.
    Mar 10, 2017
  6. GorgonEyed
    GorgonEyed
    I give up trying to engage her in conversation in favor of noping out, which only agitates her. It's at this point her limbs unfold to many times the length of her body as she slithers down the tree, and with an inhuman scream begins to lope towards me on a withered, yellowing pile of limbs. With the dream limiting me, she's still faster than I am.
    Mar 10, 2017
  7. GorgonEyed
    GorgonEyed
    So instead of playing along, I wake up. Now I'm on the internet instead of sleeping, because dream continuation is a thing for me if I go right back to sleep. Fuck you, brain. Fuck you so much.
    Mar 10, 2017
    AngelicKnight. and ZurigaSungama like this.
  8. Valette-Serafina
    Valette-Serafina
    You're a lucid dreamer?
    Mar 11, 2017
  9. GorgonEyed
    GorgonEyed
    Not quite. I can't deliberately change the environment or the other characters in a dream no matter how hard I try, but sometimes I can change myself and how I interact. That alone can change the tone of a dream quite a lot, though.

Then again, I pay for it in that pain doesn't always wake me up and sometimes persists psychosomatically for a short time after I do wake up. Also, sleep paralysis.
    Mar 11, 2017
  10. simplystupid
    simplystupid
    Arrhythmia is a terrible way to wake up . Better than nightmares but still terrible. The apathetic path also works but also results in gorror and pain.
    Mar 19, 2017