1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Comments on Profile Post by Sol Mark-1

1. serapheus
    serapheus
    A tub of ice cream and a night of sleep later, I'm back chugging my way through, if a bit more cautiously. I'm unfortunately something of a painfully sympathetic person when I get attached to something or someone. So when something like 'that' happens, I start withdrawing subconsciously from the characters, which means that reading the story gets...lackluster to an extent.
    Apr 6, 2017
    AngelicKnight., Alias and Sol Mark-1 like this.
  2. serapheus
    serapheus
    Tis the reason I've been having trouble reading any of the Dresden Files since Cold Days came out, if you know the series.
    Apr 6, 2017
  3. Sol Mark-1
    Sol Mark-1
    Things get better for the characters later.
    Apr 6, 2017
    serapheus likes this.
  4. serapheus
    serapheus
    It's not something that tends to stop me from reading a story, but it does tend to sap the enjoyment factor of whatever I'm reading, until I either get over it naturally or something happens in the story that takes the reason for my melancholy and does a 180 with a flip and a wink.
    Apr 6, 2017
  5. Sol Mark-1
    Sol Mark-1
    You got to remember that it is a quest so the mood may change with the updates fast.
    Apr 6, 2017
    serapheus likes this.
  6. serapheus
    serapheus
    I'll admit that that's the reason I tend to avoid quests unless I'm 'extremely' involved in them personally, given how quick the mood can change based on how bi-polar the votes are being. All based on who happens to have the time to look in on the quest and do anything more than throw a vote on a user they like's plan whatever it may be.
    Apr 6, 2017
  7. serapheus
    serapheus
    You always hate restricted vote quests, when you're not among the chosen few, but you have to admit that they are more consistent.
    Apr 6, 2017
  8. Sol Mark-1
    Sol Mark-1
    You have to remember that Sage writes very good 3 dimensional characters, sometimes not very good.
    Apr 6, 2017
  9. serapheus
    serapheus
    ...I don't think that parsed, sorry. Do you mean that he writes really good characters, but occasionally his other writing suffers?
    Apr 6, 2017
  10. serapheus
    serapheus
    -read audience with the dragon god.7-

-turns to Sol-

You. Sneaky. Son. Of. A. Bitch. -can't stop grinning-
    Apr 6, 2017
  11. Sol Mark-1
    Sol Mark-1
    He writes very good characters, but sometimes in the first stories he wrote bad characters, but right now he is a very good writer.

Glad you liked it.
    Apr 6, 2017
    serapheus likes this.
  12. serapheus
    serapheus
    -end of ER-

That...was so damn unsatisfying. -twitching-
    Apr 6, 2017
  13. Sol Mark-1
    Sol Mark-1
    It is a shame it died, I think Sage even apologized for that.

How do you feel about Shizi?

At least it had a very cute ending.

There still Deathworld, CORE, and RISE.
    Apr 6, 2017
    serapheus likes this.
  14. Sol Mark-1
    Sol Mark-1
    *Pats head*

I think we should avoid spoilers.
    Apr 6, 2017
    serapheus likes this.
  15. serapheus
    serapheus
    Shizi? And I'm skipping deathworld. Don't tend to enjoy things set in such, a story named for it probably isn't going to be to my tune.

The end of ER was...really only the last part of the finale would be cute to me. The other parts were...almost funerary.
    Apr 6, 2017
  16. serapheus
    serapheus
    Y'know, sorta like in movies. The colors wash out, everything slows down a bit, people move more smoothly, and everything in the foreground stands in stark detail while the background blurs out.

It had that kind of feel to it.
    Apr 6, 2017
  17. Sol Mark-1
    Sol Mark-1
    Well hope you enjoy CORE.

Wrong character I meant Singh, sorry.
    Apr 6, 2017
    serapheus likes this.
  18. serapheus
    serapheus
    Singh...I really, really wish the questers had hard focused her in the beginning. She was quasi-neglected towards the end and it showed, not just in the fact that she and Say'fai ended up closer to each-other than to us.
    Apr 6, 2017
  19. serapheus
    serapheus
    ...And why the hell did it take them so long to think of researching time management. >:(

So many more social actions they could have done if it had come up in week 5 or 6 instead of so late. XD :-P
    Apr 6, 2017
  20. serapheus
    serapheus
    Huh, CORE is a highschool DxD world gone bad.

I did not pick that up at first... -bemused-
    Apr 7, 2017
  21. Sol Mark-1
    Sol Mark-1
    I didn't picked either at first, it is the seinen version of DxD.

Give Deathworld a chance.
    Apr 7, 2017
    serapheus likes this.
  22. serapheus
    serapheus
    -reading CORE, reaches marriage-

...They went with the total stranger that brings nothing new to the table.

What. The. Fuck. -face in hands- WHY?
    Apr 7, 2017
  23. Sol Mark-1
    Sol Mark-1
    You will know later.
    Apr 7, 2017
    serapheus likes this.
  24. serapheus
    serapheus
    ? Did Sage drop a hint or something that people latched onto?
    Apr 7, 2017
  25. Sol Mark-1
    Sol Mark-1
    Yes.
    Apr 7, 2017
    serapheus likes this.
  26. serapheus
    serapheus
    Ugh.
    Apr 7, 2017
  27. Sol Mark-1
    Sol Mark-1
    A very important hint.
    Apr 7, 2017
  28. serapheus
    serapheus
    I glanced at the character sheet. Was bugging me too much and I didn't want to hunt down whatever Sage said.

That is such meta information, why on earth did Sage tell them? Sage's always been good about keeping a firm distance between what the players should and shouldn't know.
    Apr 7, 2017
  29. Sol Mark-1
    Sol Mark-1
    It was a like he gave which made people vote for Tomoko.

He didn't gave a direct hint, we dodged a bullet.
    Apr 8, 2017
  30. serapheus
    serapheus
    Dodged a bullet how? Was one of the other wives a plant?
    Apr 8, 2017
  31. Sol Mark-1
    Sol Mark-1
    Nope just keep reading.

She also very good with accounting.
    Apr 8, 2017