1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Comments on Profile Post by GLH

1. OverReactionGuy
    OverReactionGuy
    Getting Charisma too high would be detrimental to your relationships and the luck stat gives you leeway to railroad the story in a direct with a plausible reason as luck could mean you live in interesting times.
    Dec 21, 2017
    Subrosian Smithy likes this.
  2. OverReactionGuy
    OverReactionGuy
    So I'd say, why not both? I think the manwa updated the system with charisma under luck.
    Dec 21, 2017
  3. GLH
    GLH
    Hmm. I've been thinking of it lately being used in a way in which it's actually really fucking hard to naturally raise stats, and since "Luck" tends to bring with it a shitload of dumb and drawn out arguments, it might be better to use lot CHA to show that even with "Godlike strength" it isn't going to make them any less of a dork unless they address that.
    Dec 21, 2017
  4. GLH
    GLH
    And since it would be an utter pain in the ass to address, it would also mean that said characters are going to either have dump stats by nature, or not be able to so easy 'break' things either, ensuring things stay on a managable level.
    Dec 21, 2017
  5. GLH
    GLH
    However, using stats in roundabout negative ways is something I had not considered before, and that is an interesting thought to consider and develop. Thank you.
    Dec 21, 2017
  6. OverReactionGuy
    OverReactionGuy
    no problem.
    Dec 21, 2017
  7. MadKeyboard
    MadKeyboard
    >Replacing Luck with Charisma

I’m sorry, but that gave me the funniest mental image. Like, a protagonist having to pass a check or something to defuse a Bomb of some kind, and they’re just flirting with it to get by and it somehow works.

Note: Has never read a Gamer fic, so has no idea now accurate an image that is.
    Dec 21, 2017
    GLH likes this.
  8. GLH
    GLH
    Some of them probably would try something like that. Amusingly in the Exalted setting, there's a chance an action like that might work.
    Dec 21, 2017
    MadKeyboard likes this.
  9. GLH
    GLH
    But in D&D, Charisma is Force Of Presence. Leaders who can inspire armies to wage war for them are easy examples of what this would look like with a 'high' Cha stat.
    Dec 21, 2017
    MadKeyboard likes this.