1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Comments on Profile Post by Doute Fuller

1. Daniel K. English
    Daniel K. English
    I looked over your threads. Yes, you need to work on your writing.

Grammar, spelling, and punctuation are the basics. People who read a lot notice those mistakes and stop reading, because you don't take the time to fix them.
    Feb 20, 2019
  2. Daniel K. English
    Daniel K. English
    Narrative voice comes next. Some people speak with accents and dialects in real life, and that's fine.

Unfortunately, in writing there is a "proper" way of "speaking," and it's absolutely necessary that you write as closely to that way as possible, especially if you're new to writing. That's because the "proper" way is easy for everyone to understand.
    Feb 20, 2019
  3. Daniel K. English
    Daniel K. English
    If your narration doesn't present itself in an understandable way, no one will know what you're writing.

There are some more stuff to consider: characters, setting, plots. That stuff is important, too, but ideas are cheap (no matter how awesome you think they are).
    Feb 20, 2019
  4. Daniel K. English
    Daniel K. English
    If you want my advice about writing, take some time to look at published books or well regarded stories online.

Look at how their sentences are structured and formatted, how they follow grammatical rules. Try writing in as many patterns as you can, keeping in mind grammar and spelling.
    Feb 20, 2019
  5. Daniel K. English
    Daniel K. English
    I think quite a few of the writers on QQ have put at least a few months into writing/reading. I think I started back in '09?

It'll take time for you to improve, but, if you keep trying, you'll make it.
    Feb 20, 2019