1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Comments on Profile Post by Persimmon

1. inverted_helix
    inverted_helix
    Haven't even read the posts after mine. Too annoyed with Enjou's pushing that we can't go back on previous decisions. Which is utterly ridiculous when this vote is itself going back on refusing ASC before.

Honestly I don't even really care about ASC or not. I don't expect it to even matter, but it's the same situation just one he lost the first time instead of won.
    Jun 9, 2019
    Lemonbarb and Persimmon like this.
  2. Persimmon
    Persimmon
    How ya feeling?
    Jun 18, 2019
  3. inverted_helix
    inverted_helix
    Fine, I just limit my responses because I'm in a pointless argument and I know it. Honestly I felt like torpedoes effectiveness against large ships really went against the point of larger ships being increasingly effective.
    Jun 18, 2019
    Lemonbarb and Persimmon like this.
  4. inverted_helix
    inverted_helix
    RKKV ships being so vulnerable to damage really makes little sense to me as well as it seems like you'd avoid making them bigger than the minimum size since the first person to get a clean hit wins anyway.
    Jun 18, 2019
    Persimmon likes this.
  5. Persimmon
    Persimmon
    Shaper just doesn't want the ship tier above CL to be Graser armed :V
    Jun 18, 2019
  6. inverted_helix
    inverted_helix
    No I get it. He already set up in the past rather firmly that the major powers of the Kerak sector relied a lot on RKKV cruiser squadrons, so he doesn't want to change their main weapons. But I think that their defenses need to be effective for that to make sense.
    Jun 18, 2019
  7. inverted_helix
    inverted_helix
    If there's no defense against an 8km cruiser's RKKV and it will one hit any other cruiser. There's no point in making a 14km RKKV cruiser since an 8km cruiser stands just as much odds of killing it as the reverse.

Cruisers have to have effective defenses to justify building them so big.
    Jun 18, 2019
    Persimmon likes this.
  8. Persimmon
    Persimmon
    Wavelet asked an interesting question. If all it takes is a trillion credits of purchase to access to T53 mining tech, etc...

Why are the T50 trillion credit economies still only T50 tech?
    Jun 18, 2019
  9. inverted_helix
    inverted_helix
    I've had a serious problem with that since the last quest. It applied to the little colonies as well since buying T50 mining tech was only 5MCr.

I argued about the weird lack of tech spread when you could easily buy better tech then, and basically just gave up on it.
    Jun 18, 2019
  10. Persimmon
    Persimmon
    I sure hope Mary isn't a bomb.

As Wavelet said, she seems tailor made to hate/oppose our religious centrally planned state.
    Jun 26, 2019
  11. inverted_helix
    inverted_helix
    Honestly I expect she is a bomb and she requested to be sent to some society that she could fuck up. But that sort of comment would be decried as paranoia in the thread.
    Jun 26, 2019
    Persimmon likes this.
  12. Persimmon
    Persimmon
    We're being paid hundreds of MCR so that Lucy can analyze how effective his bombs are IRL...
    Jun 27, 2019
  13. inverted_helix
    inverted_helix
    I still don't get calling a being named Adversary that identifies as male Lucy. What's the reference?
    Jun 27, 2019
  14. Persimmon
    Persimmon
    Honestly, I have no clue. I'm just referring to the Adversary by the moniker most of the thread seems to have stuck on.
    Jun 28, 2019
  15. Lemonbarb
    Lemonbarb
    Okay, I can't help but comment since some opinions hit close to home to me. But frankly, that's the sort of logic that at times makes it all to tempting to well... Drop out of a quest, and no longer follow it, for a player.
    Jul 2, 2019
    Persimmon likes this.
  16. Lemonbarb
    Lemonbarb
    Then again, on the other side in glance look, having consequences that don't simply go away if not chosen, has it's own merits. Just means you have to ideally plan well on every single choice, which can sometimes be well... Bandwagon'd if not done quickly.

Now, this is making me think of how it's hard to do a slow thought up vote plan, compared to a quick improv plan that is meme filled.
    Jul 2, 2019
  17. Persimmon
    Persimmon
    Really disliking "let The Adversary VR train our military for years of subjective time" for some reason.

Am I just too paranoid?
    Jul 9, 2019
    Lemonbarb and inverted_helix like this.
  18. inverted_helix
    inverted_helix
    I am worried about it too.
    Jul 9, 2019
    Lemonbarb likes this.
  19. inverted_helix
    inverted_helix
    Well if you really want to influence the planet results, maybe you could write an omake and then spend a fate point, assuming that system is still in effect.
    Jul 11, 2019
    Persimmon likes this.
  20. Persimmon
    Persimmon
    Any thoughts/comments/questions? Really not inclined to write another omake if this just gets ignored by Shaper...
    Jul 19, 2019