1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Comments on Profile Post by silentshot

1. silentshot
    silentshot
    (Also, on that note, I really hope Halibel and Kukaku end up with Arcturus. It would be pretty awesome. Heh heh.)
    Jul 11, 2019
    Ddmkm122 likes this.
  2. Slayer Anderson
    Slayer Anderson
    My primary complaint with the man is that when he hits a stumbling block in his writing he introduces an entirely new set of quirky characters instead of using the ones he's already got.
    Jul 12, 2019
    Ddmkm122, Xicree, KenNM and 1 other person like this.
  3. Slayer Anderson
    Slayer Anderson
    Between that and the fact that the Shinigami are the villains of the setting that we're supposed to believe are the heroes and Ichigo being kind of a shit-character for a protagonist... I could write an essay on Kubo's mistakes.
    Jul 12, 2019
    Ddmkm122, KenNM and silentshot like this.
  4. silentshot
    silentshot
    Hmm. I think I've heard that bit somewhere too. The one about Kubo creating more characters. I think he confessed to it himself in an interview or maybe it was Oda or them both...

Either way I would certainly like to hear more about it.
    Jul 13, 2019
    Ddmkm122 likes this.
  5. silentshot
    silentshot
    As for my gripes with him and Kishimoto, I find Kishimoto even more frustrating. So much so that I don't even know where to start. Naruto's underdog story becoming a hypocritical exercise with his Ultimate Chakra Battery allowing him to bulldoze the necessity for Skills that a ninja needs to become great, is one of those. Compared to him, Rock Lee was the better model for the underdog story.
    Jul 13, 2019
    Ddmkm122 and KenNM like this.
  6. silentshot
    silentshot
    Another anecdote about Kubo I heard (and this isn't a rumour) was that he sort of abandoned his first manga Zombie Powder because he had some problems with the idea of death. Some psychological problems, I think.

Years later, you can still see the traces of his ideas and opinions expressed in Bleach: Soul Society versus Yhwach. Repeated reincarnation versus Eternal life, that sort of thing.
    Jul 13, 2019
    Ddmkm122 likes this.
  7. silentshot
    silentshot
    Too bad he discontinued Zombie Powder. It was pretty interesting for sure.
    Jul 13, 2019
    Ddmkm122 likes this.
  8. Xicree
    Xicree
    It was definitely Kubo who does the 'Create New Characters when I'm stuck' thing... He said it on an interview.

All the flaws in Bleach can be traced to the fact that he isn't really a 'Story' writer so much as a 'Character Interaction' writer. And his entire approach to having characters written into corners is 'Make more of them'.
    Sep 25, 2019
    Ddmkm122 and Slayer Anderson like this.