1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Comments on Profile Post by Queen Fiona

1. MasterOfDragonsGod
    Jul 30, 2019
    Rosenlied, 1986ctcel and Queen Fiona like this.
  2. Queen Fiona
    Queen Fiona
    I was poking at omake stuff and realized the unethical teacher in my Akun quest is more of a self-insert for me than the protagonist is. Her current goal is grooming the protagonist into the next recipient of her 'wisdom', which involves abandoning 'traditional' ethics for rational self-interest and also hypnosis.
    Jul 30, 2019
    Rosenlied and 1986ctcel like this.
  3. Queen Fiona
    Queen Fiona
    I have a Thing for teachers for...some reason. I never see them in quest premises though, even on QQ where you'd think the rules on loli and such would allow it.
    Jul 30, 2019
    1986ctcel likes this.
  4. asdx
    asdx
    There are threads for this sort of thing. The idea stuff. If you're actually checking for interest anyway. Most people ignore Profile posts.
    Jul 30, 2019
    Valette-Serafina likes this.
  5. Queen Fiona
    Queen Fiona
    I mean, given the amount of stuff I have on my plate anyway, I'm not really. I'm just barking out into the ether because I need a place to write this shit down, and profile posts are as good an idea as any.

Besides, I have friends who check profile posts. That's good enough for me. I'd have used those threads if I had interest in doing so, and it's not like profile posts do any harm.
    Jul 30, 2019
    1986ctcel and asdx like this.
  6. asdx
    asdx
    Yeah wasn't criticizing, just wasn't sure if you were actually interested in feedback, or well, what you already said.
    Jul 30, 2019
    Valette-Serafina likes this.
  7. d.fish
    d.fish
    I saw a WN like that.
    Jul 30, 2019
    Queen Fiona likes this.
  8. Queen Fiona
    Queen Fiona
    I know better than to ask 'is it good', but...what was it like?
    Jul 30, 2019
  9. d.fish
    d.fish
    There's no magical hypnotism, just blackmail, threats, manuveuring, and powerplays that forcibly break students and remold them.
    Jul 30, 2019
    John_Oakman and Queen Fiona like this.
  10. Queen Fiona
    Queen Fiona
    That could...maybe still work???
    Jul 30, 2019
    d.fish likes this.
  11. d.fish
    d.fish
    The teacher helped a desperate ugly incelt get girl he likes by filming her BF beating him up and smoking on campus, and it delves into mindgames.
    Jul 30, 2019
    Queen Fiona likes this.
  12. Queen Fiona
    Queen Fiona
    I'm...well, I'm not sure I'd *like* it but that certainly sounds like the kind of thing I'd like to read for reference's sake.

Manipulative characters like that are always interesting, something I like to write, and something I could always use more reference material for.
    Jul 30, 2019
    1986ctcel and d.fish like this.
  13. ReinZero
    ReinZero
    *makes them into magical girls instead* :D
    Jul 30, 2019
    Rosenlied and Queen Fiona like this.
  14. d.fish
    d.fish
    I think it's bad writing because the teacher is too mysterious and this allows the author too many asspulls.
    Jul 30, 2019
    Queen Fiona likes this.
  15. Queen Fiona
    Queen Fiona
    It's a hard balance. Explaining too much about a character does ruin the intrigue, after a point...but you also want victories to feel earned, otherwise the audience shuts off like that.

It does help if there's a clear motivation. If it's the character who serves as the main POV, you kinda wanna know at least a bit of what they're doing it all for. Is it just all...revelations with no prior basis?
    Jul 30, 2019
    d.fish likes this.
  16. d.fish
    d.fish
    Explaining motivations is a low brow way to do that. In actuality, doing that did nothing for the story. It's more that if there is an infallible supply of asspulls, that is fine. It just shouldn't be relied upon, and never the first option.
    Jul 30, 2019
    Queen Fiona likes this.
  17. ReinZero
    ReinZero
    But it's often the first and only option? Other than increasingly bs asspulls.
    Jul 30, 2019