1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Comments on Profile Post by d.fish

1. Queen Fiona
    Queen Fiona
    I'm not even sure what DxD is, except probably something I have absolutely no interest in.

It's one of those shitty isekais with an awful harem protagonist, right?
    Aug 2, 2019
    Imabot and d.fish like this.
  2. d.fish
    d.fish
    It's an awful harem protag with generic high school shounen story and generic awful JRPG uneducated world building. Like a bukkake of terrible self-inserts...
    Aug 2, 2019
    Imabot and Queen Fiona like this.
  3. Queen Fiona
    Queen Fiona
    Guys have no imagination, do they? Needing someone so generic and shitty to identify with...really now.~

Hm, but is it safe for Fishie to assume Queenie has good taste? What if Queenie is also shit?
    Aug 2, 2019
    Imabot and Yurihime like this.
  4. Imabot
    Imabot
    I don't think that complain applying only to DxD SI. From what I see SI also ruin good settings when said SI is another OP character with cheat level powers.
    Aug 2, 2019
    Queen Fiona likes this.
  5. Yurihime
    Yurihime
    Queenie has good taste
    Aug 2, 2019
    Imabot, d.fish and Queen Fiona like this.
  6. d.fish
    d.fish
    Amount of power in a setting doesn't really affect quality. Shit writers are shit no matter what...
    Aug 2, 2019
    Yurihime, Queen Fiona and Imabot like this.
  7. daimahou
    daimahou
    Fishie should obviously show everyone how a good SI fic is done!
    Aug 2, 2019
    Imabot likes this.
  8. d.fish
    d.fish
    No, I shit writer rofl
    Aug 2, 2019
    Imabot likes this.
  9. Imabot
    Imabot
    Do it anyway. It's time to hit the lowest of low.
    Aug 2, 2019
  10. Queen Fiona
    Queen Fiona
    Fishie self-inserts herself into some setting where she can have a cute sister.
    Aug 2, 2019
  11. Imabot
    Imabot
    Sisters. And each is expy of one of the QQ users. Fiona will be youngest loli imouto that it's only for headpats and spoiling with gifts and not lewds.
    Aug 2, 2019
    Queen Fiona likes this.
  12. Queen Fiona
    Queen Fiona
    You're a monster. :c
    Aug 2, 2019
    Imabot likes this.
  13. Rosenlied
    Rosenlied
    I've seen that the DxD setting can theoretically work quite well as a Fate/Grand Order fusion deal. Stripped of the harem-y aspects. This of course hinges on characters being written faithfully though, and the harem being removed.
    Aug 2, 2019
    Queen Fiona likes this.
  14. Rosenlied
    Rosenlied
    On a note about SI: this seems to be in part a primary issue. "Character that is fairly similar to the author"? Sure. "Metaknowledgey Mary Sue" less so (the metaknowledge being the issue, OP protagonists can be fun if done right.)
    Aug 2, 2019
    Queen Fiona likes this.
  15. Rosenlied
    Rosenlied
    That being said, established characters with metaknowledge somehow can have their own benefits. It's probably a combination between "OP protagonist who is literally the author roflstomping with metaHAXXX" whereas individual aspects if toned down work.
    Aug 2, 2019
    Queen Fiona likes this.
  16. Rosenlied
    Rosenlied
    Then again. Find one of those harem protagonist isekais, make the harem a *yuri* harem, who needs to make her completely author projection when you can build a completely new character who's the perfectly cute but somewhat oblivious useless lesbian...
    Aug 2, 2019
    Queen Fiona likes this.
  17. Queen Fiona
    Queen Fiona
    Well, what about a *useful* lesbian? The kind of girl who can awaken urges those girls didn't know they have...

Maybe just as much wish fulfillment, but it at least implies the girl has some personality to attract those girls to her, y'know?
    Aug 2, 2019
    Rosenlied likes this.
  18. Rosenlied
    Rosenlied
    Even better. Though the important part is reducing flat characterization (and no, I don't mean chest size by "characterization"). Even if blissfully oblivious of all the girls who are gaying over her and to an extent each other, as long as she's defined as someone who's not 'just a dense harem protagonist with like a few redeeming aspects' but rather 'the girl who does this and..."
    Aug 2, 2019
    Queen Fiona likes this.
  19. Rosenlied
    Rosenlied
    And that I feel might be part of the issue of "pure SI". Said character comes off as somewhat of a caricaturized version of the author, say.
    Aug 2, 2019
    Queen Fiona likes this.
  20. Queen Fiona
    Queen Fiona
    Fiona has been caricatured many a time, but people's faith in the ideal of 'Fiona' has inspired me.~ So I'm not against SIs on principle given that. There was this one time where everyone wanted me to run Maid RPG to be Mistress Fiona's maid...

...the length of this thread is a compelling argument for just joining the damn IRC already, and/or making a damn Discord server already.
    Aug 2, 2019
    1986ctcel and Rosenlied like this.
  21. d.fish
    d.fish
    IF ONLY THERE WAS A DISCORD I COULD GO TO
    Aug 2, 2019
    Yurihime, Imabot and Queen Fiona like this.
  22. daimahou
    daimahou
    If only there was thread here so I don't have to go to Discord!
    Aug 2, 2019
    Imabot likes this.