1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Comments on Profile Post by kinglugia

1. HypoSoc
    HypoSoc
    I don't interact with SV much, but clearly I must be a grand inspiration to a new genre.
    Jan 6, 2016
  2. CptTagon
    CptTagon
    Doesn't Rihaku make updates dependent on how many likes he gets, or something?
    Jan 6, 2016
  3. kinglugia
    kinglugia
    No, that's XP based on how many likes he gets. Which means the more likes he gets, the more bullshit the protag is.
    Jan 7, 2016
    Ddmkm122 and AngelicKnight. like this.
  4. CptTagon
    CptTagon
    That's actually worse. Likes are a measure of seeing how much people are still interested in your quest (with voting and commentary more useful tools), but XP should be earned, either through fan's creative efforts, or in story accomplishments.
    Jan 7, 2016
  5. kinglugia
    kinglugia
    He also uses those, CptTagon.
    Jan 7, 2016
    Ddmkm122 and AngelicKnight. like this.
  6. Songaro
    Songaro
    Coming from SV and seeing this decided to clear up a missconception. I do not know about his past quests but in his new quest likes do not equal xp. Discussion and Omakes/Fanart are used instead.

Anyway I was just reading your magic academy quest and I am halfway through. It is very well written though seems abandoned, which is a shame.
    Apr 5, 2016
    Ddmkm122, Hypervane and kinglugia like this.
  7. Seventeen
    Seventeen
    Songaro

It's not abandoned, it's just done. Once you get to the end you'll see that HypoSoc is doing a different thread for each year, and that the one for the next year starts next year. A disappointingly long hiatus for me, but it's not like you can expect the guy to keep writing the same thing forever.
    Apr 10, 2016
    Ddmkm122, kinglugia and Songaro like this.
  8. kinglugia
    kinglugia
    To be precise, year 2017 for year 2 of Mikelle's adventures. And we will continue as Mikelle McDowell, or salt will be had in thread.

If he gets himself killed, at least let it be by our hands damnit!
    Apr 10, 2016
    Ddmkm122, AngelicKnight. and Songaro like this.