1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice
Bobs Beard
Last Activity:
Apr 20, 2023

Bobs Beard

Over-analyzes things - sometimes this works out, Male

I'm giving questing a go again, hopefully I can get back in the game. Jul 26, 2021

Bobs Beard was last seen:
Apr 20, 2023
    1. Secret Secretion
      Secret Secretion
      I hope you pick WUTB back up sometime, I've been missing paranoid poring over the quest trying to glean hidden clues I know you planted but haven't found yet. This message was brought to you by the worrying detail in the talk with Bong I glossed over the first three times I read it.
    2. Bobs Beard
      Bobs Beard
      I'm giving questing a go again, hopefully I can get back in the game.
      1. adamasx and Wutnhammer like this.
      2. Bobs Beard
    3. Vanathor
      Vanathor
      Bob, Desperate Measures is back! We miss you.
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Bobs Beard
        Bobs Beard
        Also, RE: I accidentally a report.

HABIEBER IT!
        Aug 1, 2017
      3. Vanathor
        Vanathor
        I have something I wanna run by you for Desperate Measures if I could convince you to join for five minutes. I gotta a theory that I think holds water but I am unsure and you're more genre savvy then me a lot of the time.
        Aug 1, 2017
      4. Vanathor
        Vanathor
        On IRC, I mean. To clarify.
        Aug 1, 2017
    4. Toxinvictory
      Toxinvictory
      Hi Bobs Beard, I am currently writing a multictossover quest in which Dragon Ball Z characters feature. In particular Zangya who you wrote an fascinating take on. Any advice/suggestions for her characterisation?
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Bobs Beard
        Bobs Beard
        Some examples of this:
        -Someone walks in on Zangya while she's naked? Why should she care if the equivalent of an infant monkey sees her?
        -There's going to be bad shit going on for the next few years - say, she's forced to work for someone? Treat it more like having to do something dumb for a week to pay back a bet with a friend - maybe irritating, but not something to mind.
        Mar 21, 2016
        tighearnach and Toxinvictory like this.
      3. Bobs Beard
        Bobs Beard
        Also besides all that, don't forget she IS a pillage-and-conquer style space pirate.

Barring someone who could smash her face in telling her so, there's no real reason she should CARE about local laws, where they fly in the face of what she wants.
        Mar 21, 2016
        Xicree, tighearnach and Toxinvictory like this.
      4. Toxinvictory
        Toxinvictory
        Very helpful thanks.
        Mar 21, 2016
    5. Grimnar
      Grimnar
      Not to bug you, but can we assume that your Broly Quest is dead?
    6. Plotvitalnpc
      Plotvitalnpc
      Oh dear. It seems I previously missed at least one post when I was likebombing a thread...
      1. tighearnach and Valette-Serafina like this.
      2. Valette-Serafina
        Valette-Serafina
        It sounds like you fixed that, Plot.
        Jan 8, 2016
    7. Alexander
      Alexander
      Bobs? You there? Did you receive my PM?
      1. Bobs Beard
        Bobs Beard
        I did not - I assume this is about beta stuff?

Between my own restarted quest and life I don't know that I really have the time to do concerted beta efforts, so I don't know that I can continue at this point.

If that's NOT what this is about, what's up?
        Jan 21, 2015
      2. Alexander
        Alexander
        Yes, it was beta stuff. Just to know if I need to find a new beta or not. Also, to know how are you obviously.
        Jan 21, 2015
    8. Vanathor
      Vanathor
      Update your avatar to include your beard :)
      1. tighearnach likes this.
  • About

Some guy with decades of DnD/questing experience that can bring overly thoughtful analysis to just about anything, who on QQ is happy to pour over quests and look for plotholes/provide editing assistance to authors in need (provided he actually likes their quest).

Fond of playing with atypical narrative conventions, like self reference in the third person such as this very entry.