1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Comments on Profile Post by silentshot

1. Valette-Serafina
    Valette-Serafina
    That's not the appeal of twins. It's the subtle differences.
    Mar 3, 2020
    AngelicKnight. likes this.
  2. tehelgee
    tehelgee
    Incest is no small part of it.

Twin fantasies have been low-key acceptable incest stuff since before incest became 'mainstream' as far as it goes.
    Mar 3, 2020
  3. silentshot
    silentshot
    Well all twins look the same to me.
    Mar 4, 2020
  4. Valette-Serafina
    Valette-Serafina
    Subtle: So delicate or precise as to be difficult to analyse or describe. / Delicately complex and understated.
    Mar 4, 2020
  5. magic9mushroom
    magic9mushroom
    Valette-Serafina: I hope you mean it's not the appeal of twins *to you*.
    Mar 16, 2020
  6. Valette-Serafina
    Valette-Serafina
    If you like redundancy, mushroom, your kink is clones, not twins.
    Mar 16, 2020
    AngelicKnight. and silentshot like this.
  7. magic9mushroom
    magic9mushroom
    I wasn't so much going after "redundancy" as "subtle differences".
    Mar 17, 2020
  8. Valette-Serafina
    Valette-Serafina
    If the differences aren't subtle, it's a sister fetish more than a twin kink.
    Mar 17, 2020
  9. magic9mushroom
    magic9mushroom
    And again you miss my point.

Twin kink can be about identicality, which is not the same thing as redundancy.
    Mar 17, 2020
  10. Valette-Serafina
    Valette-Serafina
    If it's about the similarities entirely, with no interest in the differences be they physical or otherwise, then it's clones, not twins.
    Mar 17, 2020
  11. magic9mushroom
    magic9mushroom
    What is your definition of "clone", here? Clones in the RL biology sense are a superset of monozygotic twins and the non-twin ones are by necessity non-identical (e.g. Haruka/Kurumi, Yuubiseiharukana/Yuubiseiakikana).
    Mar 17, 2020
  12. Valette-Serafina
    Valette-Serafina
    The conventional meaning, rather than the scientific.
    Mar 17, 2020
  13. magic9mushroom
    magic9mushroom
    I am not a party to such a convention. Please specify.
    Mar 17, 2020
  14. Valette-Serafina
    Valette-Serafina
    The meaning popularized by science fiction, in which a clone is an exact copy of the cloned, down to memories. This same meaning being the one used in translating Kage Bushin as Shadow Clone in Naruto, a fairly well-known anime and manga.
    Mar 17, 2020
  15. magic9mushroom
    magic9mushroom
    In that sense, yes, it is. However, twins are about as close as you can get to that ideal barring some form of magic or science-fictional technology (there are theorems in quantum physics that forbid exact copying even in theory, although greater resemblance than identical twins is of course physically possible).
    Mar 17, 2020
  16. Valette-Serafina
    Valette-Serafina
    We're talking about fiction, on Questionable Questing. Reality has no bearing on this, unless you want to interpret the first post in this chain as intolerably monstrous.

Did you perhaps miss the context, mushroom?
    Mar 17, 2020
  17. magic9mushroom
    magic9mushroom
    Fiction isn't necessarily the kind of science fiction or fantasy that has that capability.
    Mar 17, 2020
  18. Valette-Serafina
    Valette-Serafina
    If you were to total the stories and quests that are set in a purely hard science setting on this site, mushroom, do you think they'd make up even ten percent of the fiction on QQ? I doubt they'd make five.

What are you even trying to argue at this point?
    Mar 18, 2020
  19. magic9mushroom
    magic9mushroom
    Not hard science =/= that particular non-hard-science thing.

You made a claim about the appeal of twins that isn't true of all twin-fetishists. I am attempting to get you to rescind it.
    Mar 18, 2020
  20. Valette-Serafina
    Valette-Serafina
    By trying to convince me that a firmly established concept's lack of omnipresence is equivalent to nonexistence? That's not going to be an effective strategy.

Whatever you choose to say, it will remain true that twins are not exact copies of each other. If one's interest is in mutually exact copies, then, it follows that one's fetish is not actually a twin fetish, despite the areas of overlap.
    Mar 18, 2020