1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Comments on Profile Post by Cambrian

1. Cambrian
    Cambrian
    Like I try to follow any writer who I really enjoy a work from, even if it's just one story of theirs I enjoy, sort of as a showcase for anyone checking out my profile... but I don't personally get anything from following those people, there's no added bonus from it.

So why are so many people following me? xD I think I might have the most followers on the site tbh.
    Apr 17, 2020
  2. pepperjack
    pepperjack
    The front page tells me when people I follow are online?

And there might be a screen I never use that collects and shows me what they've posted recently. I forget, I'd need to go looking again.
    Apr 17, 2020
    Cambrian likes this.
  3. Cambrian
    Cambrian
    Yeah, I suppose that is one functionality to following someone. But as far as anything else, I'm not aware of any such screen that collects and shows what theyve posted recently.
    Apr 17, 2020
  4. pepperjack
    pepperjack
    Apr 17, 2020
    Cambrian likes this.
  5. Cambrian
    Cambrian
    Oh wow, I stand corrected. Though I feel like the news feed is so hidden away that 90% of my followers cant possibly be using it. Or maybe I'm just projecting my own obliviousness onto all those people >.>;
    Apr 17, 2020
    Marethyu likes this.
  6. Cambrian
    Cambrian
    But yeah its too bad you can't tailor your news feed like you can your alert preferences. For instance, I haven't had Like Alerts turned on for years now. Else I'd have hundreds of likes to sift through for actual content every day.
    Apr 17, 2020
  7. anhrefn
    anhrefn
    It allows us to stalk you.
    Apr 17, 2020
    Ivy, Soulcore, F.B.I. and 2 others like this.
  8. Cambrian
    Cambrian
    Yeah I guess that does make sense. I didn't know it did that until now, so the amount of people following me always seemed entirely baffling.
    Apr 17, 2020
    Ivy and GentlemanMad like this.
  9. l---erddad---l
    l---erddad---l
    I literally only use it to remember the people that have threads I want to reread often, without having 11 pages of watched threads.
    Apr 18, 2020
    GentlemanMad, F.B.I. and Cambrian like this.