1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Comments on Profile Post by Persimmon

1. inverted_helix
    inverted_helix
    I don't think so. Though in fairness I think that part of it is that Alzone isn't universally known. IIRC Philemon had only heard rumors of it until the Hellcats confirmed you could just go there and buy stuff. That's not a good explanation though.
    Oct 22, 2020
    Persimmon likes this.
  2. Persimmon
    Persimmon
    I'm beginning to regret not asking how much CP to upgrade our civillian infrastructure to TL54.
    Oct 22, 2020
  3. inverted_helix
    inverted_helix
    We did ask some connected questions that made it sound infeasible.
    Oct 22, 2020
    Persimmon likes this.
  4. inverted_helix
    inverted_helix
    Worried I might be asking too many questions, but if we can get TL54 backdoored this way for even our small craft it could be a substantial benefit.
    Oct 23, 2020
    Persimmon likes this.
  5. Persimmon
    Persimmon
    I'm shocked so many people think Staying, even for just a few months is at all reasonable.
    Oct 23, 2020
  6. inverted_helix
    inverted_helix
    The issue is that ShaperV directly told us to think about what we wanted to do in our six months, then pulled this bait and switch on us. It's hard to give up the gains we were planning on. We already invested something like 70 MCr in resources towards these plans. Letting go of sunk costs is *hard*.
    Oct 23, 2020
    macdjord and Persimmon like this.
  7. Persimmon
    Persimmon
    Seems like a landslide in your favor now. Not sure who defected from Team Enjou, but his votes actually went down a little.
    Oct 25, 2020
  8. inverted_helix
    inverted_helix
    I wouldn't call a landslide, but I have gotten a fairly firm lead now.
    Oct 25, 2020
  9. Persimmon
    Persimmon
    Did Shaper ever make a post on what happens if a hyperspace translation would cause objects to interpolate?
    Oct 25, 2020
  10. inverted_helix
    inverted_helix
    I'm not sure.
    Oct 25, 2020
  11. Persimmon
    Persimmon
    My gut instinct is "Pauli Exclusion is applied and you get a gigantic explosion", but I'm not sure.

Edit/Note: Shaper confirmed this, though randomness means its a pretty rare event.
    Oct 25, 2020
  12. Persimmon
    Persimmon
    Mild necro, but while I was going over ANoYo's TL53 DD with 533kt/s main gun output... That would require 260 grams of mass-energy per second, or almost a metric ton of mass-energy per hour.
    Jul 20, 2021
  13. Persimmon
    Persimmon
    But wait, P-P fusion only deletes 0.7% of the mass... Our destroyer must convert >130 tons of hydrogen into helium every hour, just to run the main gun. Firing for a week would burn through 22.5 kilotons of fusion fuel, even ignoring other demands.

Of course, that's not a big deal for a ship that masses almost half a gigaton... But it's interesting to think about.
    Jul 20, 2021
    inverted_helix likes this.
  14. inverted_helix
    inverted_helix
    It's an interesting thought. Though keep in mind that would require continuous firing at maximum rate that whole time. I don't think that's a realistic scenario.
    Jul 20, 2021
  15. inverted_helix
    inverted_helix
    Each frigate was carrying something like 9 megatons of fuel. So the amount going to the reactors would be a relatively small drain on that. Though keeping in mind the most common fuel would likely be methane instead of H2, the actual mass of fuel consumed could be like 4x higher. The destroyer probably has a proportionately larger amount of fuel to its mass, so 90kt is going to be tiny.
    Jul 20, 2021
    Persimmon likes this.