1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Comments on Profile Post by Planeshunter

1. Guardian Box
    Guardian Box
    recipient of the wish being permanently happy in a drug-like haze, unable to feel any kind of other emotion apart from permanent happiness, everything brings them joy, from doing nothing, being beaten up and killing people.
    Aug 10, 2021
    Evilhippy, Rikov and Planeshunter like this.
  2. Planeshunter
    Planeshunter
    I mean... other people would be horrified. But I doubt the recipient would care. And as long as it is really eternal, they never will.
    Aug 10, 2021
    Evilhippy and Rikov like this.
  3. Planeshunter
    Planeshunter
    There's the fact that the Nasuverse would Lostbelt your ass before you can say Quantum Timelock if everyone gets to be eternally happy, but that's not really the point.
    Aug 10, 2021
    Evilhippy and Rikov like this.
  4. kayangelus
    kayangelus
    Is it that everyone gets eternal happiness? Or just one specific person?

There is always the option of simply making it so that their brain is constantly producing the chemicals that make them happy, and is no longer capable of producing the chemicals that make them sad or depressed.
    Aug 10, 2021
  5. kayangelus
    kayangelus
    So they come home to find their love bleeding out? Internally horrified even as their face stretches into a massive grin over just how happy this makes them. They know that they should be sad, calling for help, or something, but all they can do is bask in the afterglow of this wonderful situation
    Aug 10, 2021
  6. kayangelus
    kayangelus
    Basically existential horror as they KNOW that their wish is warping whom they are as a person, but they can't do anything about it, or even work up the desire to want to change it.
    Aug 10, 2021
  7. Rikov
    Rikov
    Happiness could be interpreted as mania, and the recipient of the wish *could* just spend the rest of their life and afterlife manic without any *additional* energy to make that anything more than a constantly-exhausted unable-to-think hell. Like a mental version of that one WH40k daemon of Slaanesh that pissed them off, so they cursed the daemon to never stop dancing.
    Aug 10, 2021
  8. Daniel K. English
    Daniel K. English
    Eternal happiness but it's taken from loved ones
    Aug 10, 2021
    Planeshunter, Evilhippy and Rikov like this.
  9. Megaolix
    Megaolix
    Alternatively, happiness become meaningless and turn into stagnation. If you are just happy, then you would do nothing to change your situation. You would not improve yourself nor would you truly affect the live of others. I'm not saying you need to suffer to grow, but hardships and walls ARE part of the package for that.
    Aug 10, 2021
  10. Agrippa
    Agrippa
    Another possibility would be to be trapped in a dream where everything is always perfect, with the dream rewriting every discordant feeling as soon as it emerges. Or to live life as usual, but with the wish constantly erasing any less than happy thoughts. Yet another possibility would be to be assimilated into another being that is happy but whose values are utterly alien or inimical to those of the person.
    Aug 10, 2021
    Rikov, Planeshunter and Evilhippy like this.
  11. Agrippa
    Agrippa
    The more mundane answer would be to experience a happy life, but always knowing that every moment of joy, every triumph, is no more than the result of a wish made long ago. That your life is happy, but fake and worthless, and, ultimately, you can't even care, because your wish won't let you.
    Aug 10, 2021
  12. Evilhippy
    Evilhippy
    Also, it depends on what someone considers "happiness".

Like, Darkness from Konusoba would be a very bad example for someone elses 'happiness' lol.
    Aug 10, 2021
    Rikov, Planeshunter and Agrippa like this.
  13. Planeshunter
    Planeshunter
    Thanks for your thoughts.
    We all go back to the same problem though: The Wish can be fulfilled in a way that could horrify us before getting it granted, but not afterwards.
    After all, if the twist made us unhappy, the Wish would've failed; if it didn't, it would be because we'd lack have the capability to care about whatever consequences it had.
    Aug 10, 2021
    Rikov and Evilhippy like this.
  14. Planeshunter
    Planeshunter
    I guess the question is... would you ask for that wish, even knowing the risks?
    Aug 10, 2021
  15. Megaolix
    Megaolix
    Yeah, I suppose it really depend on how you write it. Like if you say peace on earth, you could do it by reducing the earth population to 1 or just mental brainwashing that no longer recognize the idea of violence or even negative emotions.
    Aug 10, 2021
  16. Evilhippy
    Evilhippy
    Big vague wishes from a morally dubious source are always a big NO from me.

Way too much risk of unending horror for a long shot payoff.
    Aug 10, 2021
    Rikov likes this.
  17. Megaolix
    Megaolix
    To borrow from Fate/Zero, I suppose it also depend on how you would see 'Eternal Happiness' happening to start with to think of how the wish would be done.
    Aug 10, 2021
  18. Agrippa
    Agrippa
    I absolutely wouldn't. Even if future me wouldn't have a problem with it, that would only be because present me would have undergone personality death.
    Aug 10, 2021
    tarnishedsilver, Rikov and Evilhippy like this.
  19. Agrippa
    Agrippa
    Though that brings me to another way it could backfire, that is, by introducing several eternities: in one you experience the horrifying happiness, in the other you are just aware of everything awful that's going on with your other self. Basically, if it's only horrible to a spectator, make the character also a spectator.
    Aug 10, 2021
  20. Daniel K. English
    Daniel K. English
    Aug 10, 2021
  21. Civil Reader
    Civil Reader
    The song "Happiness" from the Pet Shop Boys starts playing on an infinite loop.
    Aug 19, 2021
  22. TheDisturbedDragon
    TheDisturbedDragon
    Infinite Tsukiyomi? Or the fact that happiness is subjective? Find some psychopath and grant the happiness of getting to kill the entire planet?
    Aug 25, 2021