1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Comments on Profile Post by Terrabrand

1. Vergil1989 Crossover King
    Vergil1989 Crossover King
    Have you tried maybe not doubling down on the smut at the earliest opportunity, ever? Because every Quest I've seen has been real heavy on lewds and not much else.
    Sep 23, 2021
  2. Terrabrand
    Terrabrand
    I mean I can see why you'd come to that impression as an issue, but it's not an overfocus on lewds as a problem. I'm definitely focused on them, but my track record at quest running is roughly the same whether I go light on lewds, super heavy, or straight up no lewds at all.

If anything, non-lewd quests are where I flounder most, which is part of why I've even run so many on QQ at all.
    Sep 24, 2021
  3. Terrabrand
    Terrabrand
    To the extent I *can* concretely identify my most common problems, I'd divide them up into;

1: Letting the quest go in a direction I'm not comfortable writing. Mostly, that's something I messed up on early days since it's relatively obvious, but there's been the occasional slip up since.
    Sep 24, 2021
  4. Terrabrand
    Terrabrand
    2: Letting things get too esoteric. I've had multiple quests where I can concretely say 'this quest was chugging along fine, I was enjoying it, it was popular, and then I did a dream sequence or something and it died'.
    Sep 24, 2021
  5. Terrabrand
    Terrabrand
    3: Losing momentum. Part of why I have trouble with figuring out what I most need to work on is that a goodly chunk of my quests died pretty clearly because of meatspace derailing me for awhile, and then in the interim period of not being able to update, I was knocked out of my groove and just... fail to get back into the swing and write.
    Sep 24, 2021
  6. Terrabrand
    Terrabrand
    There's other reasons quests die on me, a decent number were really not fleshed out and never really intended to last and predictably kinda didn't. But some of the quests I started heavily on impulse absolutely lasted for a long time before some other issue hit.
    Sep 24, 2021
  7. Terrabrand
    Terrabrand
    And of course if I knew exactly all the problems, I'd not have quests constantly die, so I'm always looking at what else I can try. Experiments sometimes lead to novel problems.
    Sep 24, 2021