1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Comments on Profile Post by Daytripper

1. Chastity
    Chastity
    It depends. I would say you should be capable of updating any given story that you're working on at least once per week, and once you reach the point where you can't do that any more, avoid adding new stories until you can. Your ideas can become part of a backlog, which also has the helpful secondary effect of encouraging you not to waste time on ideas that you won't still care about in a week or month.
    Feb 7, 2022
    Daytripper likes this.
  2. Daytripper
    Daytripper
    I have uploaded at least ten stories, each with at least two chapters. I’m worried about quantity over quality but a combination of my ADHD and wild muse make it difficult to focus on one particular story.
    Feb 7, 2022
  3. Chastity
    Chastity
    That's why you should focus on stories for which your muse has kept interest going for a while. Everybody has fleeting story ideas that they don't follow through on, but you'll have ideas you're actually interested in if you keep going.
    Feb 7, 2022
    Daytripper likes this.
  4. Daytripper
    Daytripper
    How do I decide which my muse is more interested in?
    Feb 7, 2022
  5. Chastity
    Chastity
    By sitting on them. Make a document or just keep in memory the ideas you have. If you're still interested in writing X after a month or two, it's probably something you'll be interested in writing. If you're not, it's probably not.
    Feb 7, 2022
    Daytripper likes this.
  6. Daytripper
    Daytripper
    It should be noted that some of my stories that I posted I haven’t really planned out. I just wrote them because of my muse. I tried writing outlines afterwards but their all unfinished.
    Feb 7, 2022
  7. Chastity
    Chastity
    It's not about outlines or anything like that. If you're not an outliner, don't outline. It's about the ability for an idea to sustain interest. If you can't put in the back of your head, or on a piece of paper, "guy mind controls and body-edits his way across the DC universe" or something, and keep it as something that interests you for a month without writing it, it won't sustain interest with writing it.
    Feb 7, 2022
    Daytripper likes this.
  8. Daytripper
    Daytripper
    I understand. My struggle mainly comes with my ADHD making it difficult to find a story to focus on.
    Feb 7, 2022
  9. Chastity
    Chastity
    I have lots of story ideas, and relatively few abandoned quests/stories. The ones that I abandoned were often abandoned because it was something I started writing on a whim, and thus quickly lost steam.

If you really can't keep an idea on the back of your head and still be interested in it in a month's time, then probably you should write short stories or one-shots rather than longer works.
    Feb 7, 2022
    dnajester and Daytripper like this.
  10. Daytripper
    Daytripper
    Sorry for the late reply. I think I’ll try to work on two stories and at least try to write a chapter on a weekly basis.
    Feb 12, 2022